Living on Island Time Ch. 01

Story Info
You meet an internet lover in the Islands.
1.1k words
3.57
7.5k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wait at the gate to the passenger disembarkment area of the Aéroport de St. Jean in St. Barts with a bit of trepidation. This was my first trip to the island-- something I'd been needing deep down in my soul for years. It had been a stressful few years, and I'd finally quit finding reasons why I shouldn't go, stopped listening to the logical part of my mind that said the money would be better-spent elsewhere, and said the hell with it, packed a bag, and left for a week. I'd traveled light-- a simple hiking pack with a week's clothes, a book, and a camera in it. I'd buy my toiletries in the hotel's concierge area, and beyond that-- I didn't need any of the trappings of my normal workaday life. No cell phone, no PDA, and no GPS.

"Definitely no GPS" I thought to myself "... 'cuz I've got nowhere in particular to go, and no time soon to get there."

A wise man- Frank Bama- once said "A good navigator is never quite sure where he's going... and when he gets there, he's still not quite sure". The older I got, the more sense these words made to me. I hoped those words were accurate, as I'd had no idea where in the hell I was going for quite some time now. All I'd known for sure was that I needed some time away from everything. Just drop all my responsibilities, take a week or so, and say "the hell with it, I'm going down island".

"- and here I am," I said aloud to no one in particular. Looking around the small airstrip's lounge, I could see iridescent blue tile paving the main concourse, which was open on two sides to the sea. The crystal-blue water beckoned to me, bracketed by a brightly-upholstered chaise lounge on either side of a terrazzo-covered deck, and the salty scent of the air coupled with the cries of gulls in the distance sealed the deal. The sights and sounds overwhelm me for a moment, and a snippet of a favorite song came to mind...

"And watch the sun go down
Hear the sea roll in
But I'll be thinking of you
And how it might have been

Hear the night birds cry
Watch the sunset die
Well I hope you understand
I just had to go back to the island"

"Back", to where I'd never been before- and yet strangely enough, I felt more at home here than I'd felt in all my life. This was the sea of Hemingway's Old Man, and Wouk's Carnival.

I glanced at my watch after checking what passed for an Arrivals board. The pegboard with several sheets of paper tacked to it indicated arrivals and departures from neighboring islands. Given that this was not a huge terminal, and in fact only operated during the day, there was no need for anything else. Just another example of Island Time.

Noticing your plane was due in 5 minutes, I looked quickly around, realizing I'd forgotten to grab a drink to greet you with. I hustle over to a tiki bar and ask for a slim gin with a twist of lime.

"Sahree- No gin, mon-- we got no gin 'ere."

I thank the tender and head back to the lounge. On the way, I hear the whine of a plane's turbines and glance up, seeing it's close enough to read the tail number. Checking the note I'd made, I notice it's your plane. I immediately become a bit more nervous, but figure at the very least I am about to enjoy dinner in the company of a beautiful lady in a Utopian setting tonight- what more can a man ask for?

A crowd gathers at the receiving area of the strip, which is nothing more than a yellow line painted on the macadam. I'm so intent on trying to pick you out of the 40 people who file out of the plane that I've not noticed the band set up behind the receiving area until they break into a rousing rendition of "Cecilia" using timpani and steel drums. Looking back at the band for a bit, I enjoy the music and start to sway, losing my inhibitions and self-conscious manner in the beautiful music floating through the steamy tropical air. This truly is an assault on my senses, and I intend to enjoy every moment of it.

"What, no drink waiting for me?" I hear from behind me.

Thinking it must be someone else being chided, I return to looking for you, only to find you standing in front of me, wearing a light floral sundress. I stand there, mouth agape, for what must seem an age until you break me out of my reverie.

"No hug, either. I'm starting to wonder about you!" you scold me, trying to hide the smile on your face.

Completely thrown off balance, I start to fluster a bit and then reach out and hug you close to me, noticing the musicians are laughing at my plight. Sheepishly, I grab your bag and motion you to proceed me. I smirk at the band's leader and he gives me a wink while laughing at my antics.

Once we're safely away from the band and commotion, I take a moment to enjoy the view while following you. The dress you wear does this tantalizing little _sashay_ thing as you walk, and I find it's hard to take my eyes off of your rear. My mind wanders and you turn suddenly to ask where the rental car is. Having been daydreaming of what's to come, I am completely caught in the act of staring at your rear, only coming back to earth when I hear you ask about the car.

Smiling, I direct you around the corner, then say something lame about how I was caught up in the view.

"Apparently," you say, smiling at me as you pause to drop by my side so that we may walk arm in arm.

I take a moment to enjoy having you by my side as we approach the car. I've looked forward to this moment many a night, and never thought I'd be lucky enough to enjoy it. Finally at the car, I put your bag beside my own and hug you tightly to me, learning your scent and loving it. I thank you for coming, and you tell me you wouldn't have missed it for the world. Looking into each other's eyes for a moment, you take the initiative and kiss me- a quick peck at first, which I return and find you dwelling with me there. After a few minutes of holding each other, you ask me to take you to our room.

"Our room..." I say, stressing the _our_ audibly. " I think I like the sound of that."