Living with Katrina Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaRascasse
LaRascasse
1,138 Followers

"This is Judy Lynch reporting from the Ritz-Carlton where a sensational story is unfolding. The renowned preacher Jared Wexler has been arrested on charges of aggravated assault and assault with intent to murder on a maid. This is a clip of him being led away by officers."

The channel smoothly cut to Jared struggling against the officers who restrained him. He had a manic expression and constantly mouthed in the direction of the camera.

"The maid is in critical condition and has been admitted to Mercy General. The cause behind the assault is yet unknown, but it appears his lawyers are looking to file an appeal on grounds of temporary insanity. We shall be joining the ADA for more updates on the story as it unfolds.

Another interesting fact is that after this case came to light, several female members of his religious sect have stepped forward alleging abuse at his hands at various points of time. We have an exclusive interview with one such member."

Jake switched off the TV. He leaned back on his couch and looked through the open door to Katrina's room. She lay peacefully under her covers, the agony of her wounds subdued by some painkillers. He asked her to press charges, but she wanted to put the whole incident behind her.

Now he knew. The next hurdle was how to say it. It had taken Jake this long to learn how he felt, expressing it would be another uphill battle. He smiled wistfully, knowing he was up for it.

"No more chasing shadows," he swore to himself. "This is it."

His brave thoughts were interrupted by his phone buzzing. Curious as to whom it could be at this late hour, he glanced over at the screen. His heart jumped into his throat when he saw the name.

BRITTANY CALLING

"Hello?" he said tepidly.

"Jake, I'm coming to New York on Saturday. We need to meet."

The call was dropped. True to her style, Brittany wasted no words. It must have been important for her to call up someone whose mere voice she loathed.

Jake hung his head and sighed. Something told him it would not be a pretty reunion.

* *

LaRascasse
LaRascasse
1,138 Followers