Liz Takes a Fall

Story Info
A non-erotic story.
1.6k words
8.6k
1
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/14/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ktfa1
ktfa1
6 Followers

The shadows were growing long when the stage came to life. A single skyrocket caused an explosion that woke every snoozing dad and napping baby. A squeal of feedback from the microphone brought everyone's attention to the stage. A middle-aged man with an immense cowboy hat and an even larger belly addressed the crowd.

"How yall doin out there? Are ya ready to kick up your heels and stir up some dust?" Naturally, this drew a roar from the crowd. "Well, come on down here and let's get this here party started!" And while the band launched into an inspired version of "Proud Mary," a hoard of picnickers charged the stage. Others moved over to the grass hill and set up blankets and beach chairs on the improvised amphitheater.

It was decided that Kika and Nicole would stay and see to those that weren't able to make the trek down the sidewalk that led to the bottom of the hill. Lois also demurred, opting to help keep an eye on Doris, Walter, Nick and Dexter. With Diane dragging Jerry and I at the front, Ted and Rex took up the rear with Sofia and Ben in tow. The front of the stage was elbow to elbow by the time we were all present and accounted for.

Truth be told, the band was nothing to write home about. They looked like a bunch of middle-aged, middle class dads and uncles playing the tunes they'd been grinding out in someone's garage. But it didn't matter; this was undoubtedly the largest gig they'd ever had, and they played a rousing set of country/rock songs that had everyone dancing and singing along.

I was having the time of my life watching my friends enjoying themselves. Naturally, Diane was by far the best dancer of our group. She was shaking her pert bottom in a manner that had more than a few of the young men and dads fixated on her tight little shorts. But everyone else was also having a ball. Jerry, of course, danced about as well as he ran. Still, in Jerry's mind, I'm sure that he imagined that he was the star of the show, and all eyes were on him. Rex was soon surrounded with teen-aged girls, which was not surprising. Rex is a handsome young man.

Fred wasn't actually dancing, just swaying to the music while he puffed his pipe in time. Ben merely hung on to his walker and laughed. Reader, you should have seen Sofia! Although she struggled to make her spastic body cooperate, her facial muscles relaxed and Sofia smiled and swayed and sang along with the band. Even I, with my two left feet, was holding my own!

Ted was the only one who stood there, looking about as out of place as a fish out of water. He came up to me and shouted into my ear, "How in the world do you do that?"

"It's a trick I taught myself years ago. Just imagine that you are the saxophone player. Now, pretend that you are holding your sax horizontally, like you are waiting for your solo to come up." I demonstrated my impression of a horn player, tapping my feet and swaying to the music. Ted caught on immediately and was soon with the program.

"That's pretty good!" I shouted, "But why are you holding one hand up high and one down so low?" Ted leaned forward and shouted back, "I'm playing the bass!"

And so we boogied until dusk, when the band thanked everyone and a man with a Shriner's hat announced that the fireworks show would begin shortly. While the dancers rushed back to their blankets and lawn chairs, the man performed the obligatory announcements, thanking the City Council and all of the sponsors responsible for making the event possible.

* * * * *

"Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for Our National Anthem."

The long day was nearly over. All that remained was the Main Event: the fireworks show. And when the song reached the line, "And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air," three single, red skyrockets brought a cheer from the crowd.

As we settled back to enjoy the show with everyone who came to celebrate this day, I imagined the millions of Americans who were doing the same thing in their respective time zones all over the country. Suddenly, to my surprise, the sky went black and I was plunged into darkness.

"Diane! What the hell are you doing?" I could feel her soft body, her warm breath in my ear. "I thought we could make our own fireworks."

Underneath the blanket she'd thrown over us, that's just what we did. As the skyrockets boomed while patriotic songs were played, Diane and I enjoyed our own Grand Finale.

* * * * *

I'm sure you know from experience that every picnic must come to an end, and that end always involves the chore of cleaning up, packing up and heading for home. It was my turn to be the fish out of water, because everyone but me seemed to know exactly what to do. I was standing where the asphalt parking lot meets the grass, feeling helpless and in the way, when Lois turned and hollered at me. "Ray, don't just stand there! There's a blanket and an ice chest down there behind you. Bring it up and put it in the back of the pickup."

Every day, there are millions of accidents. Some are merely a bother, like spilling the milk or dropping an egg on the kitchen floor. Others are far more serious, and the outcome varies with the circumstances. Sometimes, people will later say things like, "It happened so fast, I didn't see it coming!" Others have testified that "My entire life passed before my eyes!" In this case, everything happened in incredibly slow motion, but it wasn't my entire life that flashed through my mind, it was the moment. This was fortunate. Had it not occurred in digital freeze-frame, the outcome would have been disastrous. For Elizabeth Rose Tate, it would have been fatal.

I found the ice chest a few yards down the hillside and had just placed the blanket on top when I heard someone scream. I dropped the chest and turned around in time to see Liz's wheelchair rolling towards me until it collided into one of those cement things they put at the front of parking spaces. The wheelchair stopped, but Liz didn't. I watched in horror as Liz was catapulted skyward. With her nightgown flowing, she looked like a tiny angel as she began to fall downward into my arms.

What happened next can only be described a miracle, because it defies all the laws of physics. As I said, I saw it happen in milliseconds, and I can swear that it couldn't happen that way. But it did.

If it hadn't happened in super slow motion, I couldn't possibly have the time to realize that even if I were lucky enough to catch her, the impact of the both of us falling to the ground would surely have broken her delicate, brittle body.

If it had happened in real-time, I wouldn't have thought to fall backwards as she fell towards me. I couldn't have known that falling on the blanket covered ice chest would force my own body to bounce back and catch her, so that my second impact would significantly absorb the momentum of her flight.

Although I can describe it, I cannot explain how I managed to hold the back of her tiny head in my right hand and reach under her upper torso to grasp my wrist firmly with my left. I then wrapped my legs gently around her's and crossed my ankles. Holding Liz in this manner, I bent my elbows and my knees, so that I'd formed a human cage around my precious cargo, as delicate and fragile as Belleek china, and prepared for our tumble down the hill.

Four and a half times, Liz and I rolled down the hill. It doesn't sound like much, but in super slow motion, my job was to lock my knees and elbows and to absorb the contact that would have snapped her limbs like pretzel sticks. Four and a half times, we rolled, until we came to a halt. Still holding her in suspension, I opened my eyes for the first time in what seemed an eternity and looked down at her elfish face.

"Liz, are you alright?" I held my breath and waited for her to speak.

"Kiss me," she said.

"Excuse me?" I replied.

"Shut up and kiss me!" I was astonished, beyond words. We could hear Lois yelling. Hell, we could hear everyone yelling. We saw Ted's shoes and hairy white legs.

"Don't move! Just stay still until the paramedics come." Ted's legs disappeared and Liz spoke again. "You heard him, the paramedics are coming; so is everyone else. Kiss me. You've saved my life; now make it worth the trouble. Kiss me, now!"

* * * * *

In the darkness on the damp grass on the Fourth of July, Elizabeth Rose Tate kissed Thomas Raymond Carver with all of the desire, passion and emotion that was held prisoner in her motionless body. Through years of guiding her chair and surfing the Internet, Liz's pink little tongue proved capable of sending shivers up his spine.

Thomas Raymond Carver experienced his first French kiss in the Seventh grade, but it is doubtful that he will ever find a woman as skilled in that fine art as Elizabeth Rose Tate.

Under the cover of the general disarray, another covert operation was taking place. Two small wrenches were retrieved from Diane's purse. While everyone's attention was focused on Ray and Elizabeth, the brakes to the wheelchair were quickly returned to working order. The wrenches were discarded, the culprit's plan foiled by Ray's gallant act of heroism.

ktfa1
ktfa1
6 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Lake Chantrain Sequel to my story 'Shotgun'.in Erotic Couplings
She Gambled But no cake at all.in Loving Wives
MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet After being taken advantage of, somebody turns green.in Loving Wives
No More Mr. Nice Guy When he cheated, I sought revenge but found something more.in Loving Wives
The Gander She's pissed I'm cheating on her.in Loving Wives
More Stories