Lola's Lurching Life Ch. 03 - Final

Story Info
Lola is gifted 15ha more land to add to her vineyard.
39.2k words
4.72
2.7k
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/01/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 14

Two months after Lola began assisting Ned on upgrading Wave Tosser, Auckland Council, the controlling territorial authority for the Auckland Region that included Waiheke Island, approved the subdivision of 6 ha (15 acres) from the Hills' farm for primary use as a vineyard.

Lola was hugely excited when reading that notification, knowing that decision was her first step forward into finding her possible destiny within the wine industry.

Once the sale and transfer of the land was finalized, Lola immediately had 4 ha (10 acres) prepared for the planting of 5600 vines. Nick Orsini and his small crew pounded in the rows of end posts and his men added the trellising to Lola's specifications.

Nick and Ned got along very well and on one occasion when Nick was inspecting progress on the refit of Wave Tosser, he said to Ned, "It will be touch and go if Lola gets the vineyard planted with the official start to spring just three weeks away.

Ned smiled.

"A crew arrives in the morning with delivery of 5600 vines that smart Lola purchased on the day she learned that Auckland Council was likely to approve the subdivision of the land. She's paid extra to have the plant nurseries 'bring on' the cuttings and them extra care. If she hadn't done that, the nursery stocks would have been well-picked over by now and, of course she may have missed the start of early budding."

"Yeah, your girlfriend is one smart lady," Nick said. "Before she met you, I had my sights on her but apparently my unjustified reputation as a womaniser cost me any chance of having a relationship with her, perhaps even if I had tossed in the promise of a wedding."

The men grinned at one another.

"What is she planting?"

Ned said, "Eighty percent reds comprising Merlot and Montepulciano and twenty percent of the white grape Viognier. She intends having a blend of the reds and white in her first bottling in four years from now."

"A year later, she plans to have some bottled as straight Viognier and if they sell readily. she may plant the remainder of the suitable land in Viognier. Her panel of three consultants advised her to tread lightly with Viognier as it hasn't really caught on in this country yet. But Lola being Lola really thinks it will take off and she only needs to get a sniff of that happening and she'll be in there riding the crest of an emerging wave."

Nick asked where was Lola, over in Auckland shopping?

"No, supervising and assisting the guy fitting out the instrumentation panel and video screens in the wheelhouse of my schooner that you assisted me to move from the shed to back into its designed position on the hull. She's got the installer eating out of her hand, so to speak, and as well threatening to kick-ass everything isn't perfect."

"Christ, I wouldn't leave a female in charge of the total fitting of instrumentation."

Ned chuckled.

"Mate, I reckon she'll do that more competently than either you and I could. I was using laser technology yesterday to get the temporary positioned Wheelhouse correctly aligned to the slight tilt of the hull on the slipway. Lola, just standing forward with her head leaning slightly tilted she said my laser reading was not quite correct and I told her to do better."

"I bet it's now correctly aligned within 2 mm, plus or minus from one side to the other and exactly level to the hull for-and-aft. She also went out again after dinner and worked under temporary lighting to drill and bolt both ends of the 14 plates to permanently hold the wheelhouse to the main structure."

"Bloody workaholic."

"Well Nick, she says she was energy to burn and so why not burn it. When your men leave, come down for a beer. I've just spotted to fitter's van drive off. We can hold a beer while inspecting her handiwork. I take vodka on ice over for her."

"Can she sail?" Nick asked.

"I've never asked, but I expect so because she knows many sailing terms and even proved to me where the new four ballast tanks should be sited because the new engine is 32 percent lighter than the heavy brute it replaced."

"Um the name of this vineyard I spotted on the two sign-boards being delivered to your shed three days ago. 'Lola's of Waiheke' doesn't mention it's a vineyard."

"That's exactly what I said when she sketched the sign she wanted. Her reply made sense, which was visitors or people just passing seeing the signs would know they were looking at a vineyard and 'Lola's of Waiheke' in branding on the labels would know it was the vineyard ID of the wine bottle they were looking at."

"Oh, yeah."

"Nick, were you aware she can't cook beyond very basics and she's sloppy at housekeeping?"

"No, but thank god she's not perfect at everything."

"Just between you and me, Nick, she's less than stunning in bed."

"But learning?"

"Yeah, but bluntly, she doesn't seem interested in learning more." Ned said. "She says is just a matter of two people having it off together. Affection can be showered upon one's partner at any time."

Lola wasn't difficult to find. The two guys approached the slipway and saw Lola sitting on the top of the wheelhouse, swinging her legs while holding a glass of water, and humming the tune like 'Bye, Bye, Black Bird'.

She called, "Hi guys."

They responded and Ned, about to climb the safer and slightly inclined ladder that Lola had constructed herself, said, "That's a sad tune," he called up to her.

"It marks the end of me working on Wave Tosser. The instrument console is finished apart from installation of a wheel that I'll donate to you, but you make the choice. I'm finished working on the refit, although I will be on call."

"Tomorrow I begin supervising the perimeter fencing of my vineyard and the tower for my windmill to pump artesian water to the storage tanks is expected to arrive during the day to be bolted to the concrete base poured two weeks ago."

"So, you won't be hire vineyard labour?" Ned said, standing aside for Nick to make the climb.

"Not initially. You can cope alone to complete the work on Wave Tosser."

"Christ, what an awful sounding name for a beautifully designed ketch," Nick scowled.

"I wonder how many women now shudder at mere mention of the name Nick?" Lola said softly, and Nick grinned in pride.

"Wow, this instrument panel and placement of monitors is a tidy professional work of art of which Lola was the designer," Ned said happily.

"There's only the wheel and the final bits of the radar system to be fitted when Ned is ready to have the scanners installed and the electronics testing will occur after the relaunching," Lola explained to Nick.

After inspection of more recent work. Nick said in admiration, "A very impressive result emerging from the work of two amateurs."

"At Lola's urging, we think of ourselves as professionals working on the refit," Ned nodded thoughtfully.

"Are you free to eat with us tonight, Nick?"

He looked at Lola cautiously, having earlier learned that she could barely manage to cook anything. Lola grinned and she said they would eat out.

"Yeah," he said enthusiastically. "I'll nip home and change after we finished our drinks. What's the occasion?"

"It was my birthday yesterday."

"You never said a word about that," Ned complained.

Nick said, "Happy birthday. How old are you?"

"Tut, tut. A man should never ask a lady her age."

"You're no lady," he grinned.

"Thirty-four from yesterday."

"Christ, little wonder you are in the beginning of your prime."

Ned the former so-called hermit, appeared rather lost amid that rapid conversation.

"So, you are thirty-four?"

"Yes," Lola said, kissing him. "Now wish me happy birthday."

"As far as I'm concerned, you deserve the happiest late birthday celebration, ever," Ned said.

Returning with his hair done and dressed smart-casual, Nicked asked, "We will we dine?"

Lola, who was driving the Land Rover said, "At Rudi Nevada's Classic Hills Vineyards and Winery."

"Never been there before. I should have worn my tux."

"You own a tux?" Lola said in surprise.

"No," he said sheepishly. "But don't expect to have a real night out at that outfit. It's expensive dinning for the toffs."

"Relax and enjoy, it's my shout and at least Nick and I qualify as good company."

Their entrance into the restaurant virtually floored the two men.

The formerly dressed maître d' spotted them and headed straight for Lola and kissed her lushly on the lips.

"Christ, she's gay, a beauty like that," Nick said mournfully.

"Unlikely, Ned said, also whispering. "Caroline is Rudi Nevada's mistress."

Nick boggled, being aware the near-legendary Rudi was in his early sixties.

The head chef Antonio came out and greeted them and Lola kissed him.

"Christ, we are being treated like VIPs," Nick said.

"Nah,' Ned whispered. "This performance occurs each time we come here. They just adore Lola. Some people just attract that attention because who there are, rather than what they are, and Lola is one of those people. With her, it's 80% personality, openness and her provocative humour."

They were escorted to their table in the three-quarters filled restaurant and several of the 40-plus diners, male and female, called "Good evening Lola" and one guy called, "Hi Nick, fancy seeing you here."

Nick said to Ned, "That Lola is becoming better known than I am."

"She's probably in the process of becoming legendary herself. I mean, take that front-page story about her in that left-wing 'Gulf News' at creating her own vineyard from scratch and allegedly financing it entirely from her own money and admitting to having virtually no experience in viticulture."

"She was reported as saying, 'I grew up playing with lambs and calves in one of the leading wine locations, the Hawkes Bay, and was sipping wine as a child so I must have taken aboard some knowledge about wine and its creation. Basically, wine is associated with dirt, climate, pedigree in root stock, growing care and placing the crop into the hands of expert winemakers."

"Oh, I wasn't aware of that article," Nick said. "I don't read newspapers because I like living in near-isolation on my parent's vineyard and Lola says the media is largely full of reporting verbal crap."

"Well, there's been a hell of a controversy over her published comment when she said everything narrowed down to dirt, quality rootstock care and expert winemakers. That was criticised for ridiculously ignoring all the huge factors about the art of creating wine and the tradition and magic that surrounds it."

"This local controversy spread to the letter columns of the 'New Zealand Herald' and last week Lola appeared live on national TV about the controversy. When asked why was she antagonising the industry, especially on Waiheke Island, Lora said she had not been judgemental of the industry. Her comments were being embellished by idiots and everyone was aware it was easy to piffle on about anything, and that's exactly what was happening. Wine was fundamental and likeable, end of story."

"But why wasn't I told about that?"

"Search me, Nick. Ask around or ask your parents."

Lola was chatting to Caroline and Nick said, "Excuse me ladies, Lola you didn't tell me you appeared live on TV last week after stirring up a controversy about wine."

"Oh, sorry. That was last week, now old news. Anyway, I didn't think you'd be interested. You told me you don't read newspapers because they are heaped with verbal crap."

Nick, having been caught out over that quotation, looked at Ned colouring and shrugged.

"There's no need to worry," said Caroline. "When Rudi became aware of how vicious the controversy was becoming, he waded in claiming the controversy was as Lola had indicated on TV, just piffle. He announced that his friend Lola had engaged him at the outset as her chief adviser as a new wine-grower and he regarded her as his protégé. At that, the fuss practically died overnight, influenced no doubt by Rudi having said that Lola was a lively lass and was something of a big tease at times."

The two guys looked at one another and burst into laughter.

Later, Lola said to Nick quietly, "I have noticed your eyes roaming over Caroline. My advice is to give her a miss."

Grinning, Nick said, why, might her lover attack him?

"Perhaps, or have you killed in a fake accident."

"Are you teasing me?"

"You have been warned," Lola said, not smiling.

Nick's eyes bulged slightly.

"Clever man," Lola whispered.

Nick beckoned over a waitress and croaked his order of a double whiskey with a knuckle depth of water.

Lola watched him to the first hearty sip.

"Nick, steady as you go, and regain your humour. You can't go through life believing you can obtain any woman you like to have pleasure with."

"I know, or at least I should know. My mother has often told me that."

"Well?"

"Okay, Lola. My temper has cooled. I must accept my mother's and your advice."

"You should find a most compatible babe and settle down and get your mind on other things."

"Like what, there's no life after interest in pussy is gone."

"I believe you mean excessive interest in pussy," Lola said, aware that Ned would be listening.

"Yeah, that's true. But what do you mean by suggesting I concentrate on other things? I have been thinking about learning to fly a light plane."

"Yes, that's one possibility. Another is why not build you own boat."

"Christ."

"What?"

"I used to think about doing that, but in those days, I lacked the money and my parents were ploughing all of their spare cash back into developing their vineyard. I now have the money to spend on building a half-decent boat and there is spare space in the winery warehouse for boat-building, but my parents might not be too keen on that idea."

"You could think about portioning that space off from warehouse activity, and if you told your mother the boat-building activity as a way to divert your attention from chasing after nubile women and finding a half-decent babe to help you with your new hobby, you'd be more than half-way in getting your parent's cooperation."

Nick turned to Ned and asked what he thought of the idea.

"All of us need involvement in diverse activities as that's how it is with our brains," Ned said tactfully. "Why not move into such a rewarding sideline activity? You are good with your hands."

"Yeah, women tell me that," Nick said beaming, reconnected to his humour.

That night when Lola rolled nude as usual into bed alongside Ned, she grabbed his cock that was barely half inflated.

"What, not interested tonight?"

Ned said well, and then stopped knowing there was no need to say more because it was inflating in his partner's hand.

"Thanks for helping to make my post-birthday evening so wonderful, Ned."

"My pleasure. Um, I thought Nick might spirit you off during the evening to rip one off."

"I will never allow Nick to touch me carnally but I do regard him as a good, close and useful friend. With women, he's such a wild, indiscriminate ram whereas you are sensitive and caring."

The thickness in her hand became even more rigid.

"Tonight, is a special night in honour of your devoted friendship and hospitality to me darling. I feel ready, and this is an astonishing chance, to give you my all," she said, and began jerking his cock.

"Will you swallow?"

"Yes, but don't expect frequent repeats over time," she said, pushing back the bedclothes and bending over and taking him in her mouth.

An hour later, Lola said to Ned, "Darling, please get me a glass of water."

"I'm almost asleep."

She countered that: "I'm bushed. Right now, I don't believe I'm capable of walking."

"Okay," he said and padded off grumbling that he felt bow-legged.

Returning with two glasses of water, Ned said, "You were truly amazing and it probably was my best coupling ever."

After a long sip of water, Lola swept her hair back with her hand and said, "I really enjoyed it too and until tonight, I hadn't realized there's less mess to clean up for a woman if she swallows."

"Omigod, what a super unromantic thought that is," Ned said and they giggled and kissed.

Lola went to sleep in Ned's arms.

She returned to the cabin wondering if her parents still had sex regularly.

Returning to bed after a comfort visit in the wee hours, Lola wondered what Ned would do when the extensive refit to Wave Tosser was completed. Perhaps he may get a couple of people to join him to sail around New Zealand for shakedown cruises.

Lola knew that Ned intended to return to Australia eventually and she'd told him that she had no intention of leaving New Zealand, even for a long spell away. Her thoughts turned to earlier than night to dwell on the affection that Caroline had displayed, giving her that huge kiss on the lips. She wondered if Caroline was bi-sexual and preparing to hit on her for a bit of on the side.

Asking herself what would her reaction be to such invitation, Lola decided to avoid speculating but thought she was unlikely to be horrified should Caroline make such an approach. A secret affair with Caroline could be amazing, err perhaps.

Very relaxed and smiling, she fell asleep.

The 30-foot galvanised steel tower arrived with pilot vehicles fitted with large traffic warning notices fore and aft of the special truck and trailer equipped with two hoists, The structure was left on the roadside for Nick and two of his men due to arrive after lunch with a mobile hoist to lift the tower upright and move it down onto the pad and to bolt it into place.

Installers were booked go arrive next day to attach the 10-foot wheel (blade) and tail assembly, pump and water lines to the two large water storage tanks up by the elevated road to gravity-feed water at the required settings through already installed irrigation lines to water each grapevine.

After breakfast, eighteen days after the last vines were planted by contractors, Lola came running back to the slipway highly excited, and waved a cutting off one of the vines at Ned who was about to climb the ladder on to Wave Tosser.

"Look!" she shouted.

"Yeah, it's from one of your several thousand vines."

"Yes, but look closer, the buds are opening showing green. My vineyard is alive and well, with quite a number of vines showing bud break, It's so exciting."

"Yeah, it is. And it's great seeing you bursting in pride."

"Thanks darling, and now comes the long 3-year wait for me see the first light harvest of mature grapes for wine-making."'

"Book us in for a celebration dinner at the Classic Hills Winery restaurant tonight, Ned said, climbing the ladder carefully, with a box of floor tiles for the saloon under one arm,

The thought of going to Rudi's restaurant made Lola hold her breath momentarily. She wondered if Caroline would kiss her fully on the lips again and whether she should squeeze one of Caroline's breasts just to indicate she was interested. Hopefully, her sexy married friend would interpret such a squeeze correctly carefully.

On the drive to that restaurant that evening, Ned said in a serious tone, "I have something important to tell you."

Lola thought in alarm, oh no, he believes he has cancer.

"Mum has been at me again in come home and then said she has been booked into to hospital next month for a hysterectomy, and tests have shown it is cancerous but as yet the cancer does not appear to have spread."

Feeling relieved, Lola said, patting him on the arm, "Then you must go to her. Thankfully, with the wheelhouse in place, the schooner is weather-tight."

"Um, I'm preparing to go home very soon and stay there permanently. I called Rudi last night to see if his brother was still interested in buying Wave Tosser now that at least 90% of the refit is completed. Ivan inspected her with a marine insurance valuer this morning and called me this afternoon with an offer as is of $188,000 with the proviso that he has completed access to the slipway to finish the refit. I tried to knock him up in price a bit without success. However, expect your $58,000 loan to be repaid to you very soon.