London Interlude

Story Info
Lisa finds love and heartbreak in London
4.5k words
4
12.3k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa was feeling wonderful. Here she was, sitting at the breakfast table in the dining room of a smart hotel in London. To one side she had spread a number of tourist brochures and leaflets, all with information about the terrific things to see and do in this, the most exciting city in the world, all ready for her to pick and choose her activities during this four day midweek break. Only a few weeks ago if anyone had suggested to her that she would be here now she would have said that they were crazy, and yet here she was!

Lisa was a Texan, born and bred, but currently lived in Damstein, Germany, where her husband had been posted with his unit. He had been posted on to Kuwait two months ago as part of the US forces build up for a possible war with Iraq and she had been left with her two young kids in Damstein. She really missed him but was determined to make the best of it, looking after the kids and doing her job as a nurse at the base hospital. The week before last it was, one of her friends, also a nurse, had persuaded her to buy a ticket in a charity fund-raiser contest. The first prize was a four-day break in a smart London hotel. She had bought the ticket without any thought of winning, just to give to the charity, and so was thrilled when she actually won! Her friend had insisted that she take the trip, offering to care for the kids while she was away, and it had not taken much persuading to get her to go.

"Excuse me Madame."

Lisa was startled out of her reverie and looked up into the face of the maitre d' hotel, who was looking down at her with an enquiring look on his face.

"I apologise for intruding, but would you mind very much sharing your table with another guest? The dining room is very full and we seem to have a large number of guests breakfasting alone."

Lisa was feeling so full of goodwill that she would probably have agreed to share her table with a Martian.

"No of course not. I mean, I don't mind at all."

The maitre d' left and, as her new table companion made himself comfortable, Lisa studied him with her characteristic American openness. She estimated that he was probably just on the other side of forty years old. He was medium tall, probably a shade under six feet. Dressed in smart casual clothing, his body was lean without being thin. He wore his hair neatly trimmed in a medium length and it revealed just a few touches of grey at the temples. His face was strong, with a well-defined jaw and cheekbones, and fell just on the handsome side of the dividing line between rugged and handsome she decided. She hadn't realised that she was studying him quite so closely and was startled when he looked up and squarely met her gaze. He smiled, and his eyes twinkled, as he said,

"I hope I meet with your approval. My name is John." He held out his hand to her and she took it in her own, enjoying the feel of its warm, smooth strength. It also gave her something to do; to help hide her embarrassment at being caught studying him.

Lisa introduced herself in turn, a little awkwardly at first. It was probably because of that that she gave him more details than she had intended, telling him of her contest win and the prize of a stay in this hotel. It turned out to be a good thing because that became the beginning of their conversation, a conversation that just got better and better and livelier as the meal wore on.

By the time they were drinking their final cups of coffee they knew quite a bit about each other. Lisa knew that John was married and had three children. He lived in a small country town about 100 miles south west of London and commuted in to his job as Creative Director for an advertising agency in the city. He quite often stayed over night, or even a couple of nights, in this hotel, when he had been working late. Lisa, for her part, told him all about her life as an army wife and as a nurse living in Germany.

John put down his empty coffee cup and Lisa thought that he was about to say goodbye and leave when, instead, he said, "I see you from all those brochures there that you have sight-seeing on your mind, have you decided what you are going to do today?"

"I haven't decided yet, there is so much to see and do and I have to work out how to get there. This is complicated for a country girl like me!" Lisa grinned as she said this.

John looked at her for a moment and then smiled and said, "I rather think that I deserve a day off work. How would you like to spend the day seeing the sights with me?"

"Oh John that would be wonderful, but what about your work? You hardly know me, wouldn't you be bored taking me to all the places you know?"

"They owe me a day off and I would love to be your escort for the day. Is that settled then? Good. How about if we meet in the foyer in twenty minutes?"

As Lisa went up to her room to get ready she wondered if she was doing the right thing planning to spend the day with a total stranger. Then she thought back on the hour she had just spent in his company, on his smile, his laugh, his open manner, and his sense of humour. She knew he was all right. Besides it really would be very nice to have company in a city she didn't know.

They met in the foyer and seconds later he was walking her at a brisk pace to the nearest tube station. The morning just flew by, full of sights, sounds and excitement. The trip on the London Underground was in itself better than a fairground ride for Lisa who had never before experienced anything like it. They finally emerged, like moles, from a station close to the Tower Of London, where John had decided they would spend the morning. From the moment that the colourfully uniformed Beefeater guard saluted her as she walked in Lisa was entranced. She marvelled at the richness of the Crown Jewels, was amazed by the size of the suit of armour once worn by King Henry VIII and even felt a little saddened when confronted by the block which had claimed the head of Anne Boleyn.

It seemed like only moments after they had got to the Tower when John said, "How about a spot of lunch then? I'm starving and I'm sure you must be too."

Lisa looked at her watch and was amazed to see that it was already 1.00pm. They left the Tower and walked a few blocks until they came to a pub that John obviously knew. The swinging sign above the door read 'Queen's Head Tavern' and the picture was surely meant to be Anne Boleyn. They went in and found a cosy table for two near the back of the room. They sat down but before Lisa could reach for the menu John said, "In keeping with the occasion how about a really typical English pub lunch? I suggest Steak and Kidney Pudding followed by Spotted Dick for dessert, washed down with a pint or two of good English ale."

Lisa laughed out loud and looked hard at John to see if he was joking. When it was clear that he wasn't she said, "That sounds perfectly revolting, offal and what on earth is Spotted Dick anyway?"

""Trust me," he said, "trust me," and, as he got up to order he briefly squeezed her hand, which was resting on the table. Lisa's reaction to his touch took her totally by surprise. She felt her face flush and she was sure that it would be bright red. Her heart rate increased and she trembled just a little bit as she fought to regain her composure. She was just glad that John was not here to see the effect he had had on her.

By the time he got back five minutes later with two foaming pint mugs of ale Lisa was outwardly back in control. Inwardly though she found herself confronting thoughts and emotions that she had almost forgotten existed. John appeared not to have noticed anything amiss. He plonked the beer down on the table and then raised his mug and said, "Here's to playing hookey and a day out on the town," before downing half his pint in one gulp. Lisa followed suit and the effect of the taste and temperature of English ale on her must have shown on her face because John roared with laughter.

"OK, now you have come to terms with it, you can enjoy your ale, it really is the best drink in the world." Surprisingly, when Lisa went back for another mouthful she did begin to enjoy it and by the time the pint was finished she was converted.

When their lunch came it was delicious. The Steak and Kidney stew was thick and rich and the vegetables, which came with it, were crisp and fresh. Lisa was relieved to find that the Spotted Dick was nothing more than suet pudding with raisins, served hot with custard. They finished with some excellent coffee and a couple of brandies. All they way through the meal their conversation was light and flowing. They had so much in common and Lisa could feel the empathy between them growing by the minute. Lisa could feel that, despite herself, she was becoming more and more drawn to John. She was enjoying just watching him speak, seeing the way his mouth turned up at the corners and his eyes twinkled when he smiled. Lisa suddenly felt a moment of panic. She was being drawn into a place she shouldn't go. She almost jumped to her feet and said, "Wow look at the time, we should be going, lots of places to see still I'm sure." She just hoped that her voice didn't sound as false to John as it did to her. "Where are you going to take me now?" she continued.

He smiled at her and said, "I have something planned that I know you will like. Will you let me surprise you with it?" She nodded her agreement and together they walked out of the pub.

At the door Lisa's foot snagged on the corner of the doormat. If she had not had anything to drink it probably would not have had any effect at all but as it was she stumbled quite badly. Suddenly John's strong arm was around her and he was holding her upright with one hand on each of her arms. He held her like that until she had completely regained her balance and then released her, enquiring if she was all right. She stammered that she was, turning half away to hide the blush on her face, hoping that he would not hear the pounding of her heart. He assured him that she was OK and he turned to hail a cab.

Lisa had been expecting to be taken to an attraction like a museum or the waxworks so she was quite surprised when the cab pulled up at the entrance to Hyde Park. They alighted and she turned to him with a questioning look on her face. He chuckled and said,

"Time to come clean, we are going boating on the Serpentine." He went on to explain the Serpentine was a lake in Hyde Park and that his plan was to hire a rowboat for the afternoon. It took Lisa only a moment to realise that this would be the perfect way to spend the time.

The afternoon was an idyll. Lisa sat in the stern facing forward, looking at John who was sat facing toward her as he rowed, moving the boat across the water. As he rowed they talked, they joked, and they laughed. Conversation was easy, natural and it just flowed. It seemed impossible to Lisa that they had only known one another for a matter of hours, that such an understanding could happen in such a short period of time.

John had removed his shirt and the light breeze blew his shirt so that moulded itself to his body and then moved away again. She watched as the muscles in his forearms and his biceps flexed as he worked the oars, as his shoulders and upper body all worked together, not straining, just efficient, to propel them along. As they talked Lisa studied him, studied his movements, and looked into his face and deep into his eyes. "My God, he is so beautiful" the thought came unbidden into her mind. Her body acknowledged her mind; she felt the sweet sensation of arousal in her loins and realised, with a shock, that she was becoming damp. She knew also that what she was feeling was surely written all over her face.

Fighting to regain control she looked away and pretending to be studying a family of ducks who were swimming past. She trailed her hand in the water and the cold helped her to regain her composure. She wondered if he had noticed her discomfiture, and sneaking a look at his face, she knew immediately that he had. She also knew that neither of them would say anything and so, with a great effort she took these new and unexpected feelings and emotions and bundled them up, putting them in a box and closing the lid.

He broke the silence before it became awkward, "I've an idea, why don't we go and enjoy a proper English tea?"

She smiled her assent, "That sounds like a great idea," and he rowed them steadily back across the lake.

Back ashore they walked a short distance to a café where they sat at a table in a corner with a view over the lake. Lisa wanted to order coffee but John gently teased her about her American tastes until she agreed to try tea, English style. John had ordered Earl Grey tea and, when it came made quite a ceremony of pouring it, gently spoofing the English preoccupation with this favourite beverage. Lisa was not at all sure how much she would enjoy hot tea with milk but when she sipped at it she loved the smoky aromatic flavour of the Earl Grey. John had also ordered cream scones and busied himself preparing one for Lisa. He buttered two half scones and then placed a spoonful of strawberry jam on top of each and finally a huge dollop of thick cream. When he had finished he held a scone out to her to bite. She closed her eyes and sank her teeth into it, filling her mouth with the wonderful taste sensation. As she bit she felt a blob of cream attach itself to the tip of her nose and she opened her eyes just in time to see John's forefinger approach her face and gently remove the blob. He was looking directly, deeply, into her eyes as he brought his finger to his mouth and licked off the cream.

Lisa's heart lurched in her chest but she recovered quickly and said, "Hey you, you're stealing my food!" and darted forward to get a fingerful of the cream on his scone and licked it off, "Now we're even." He just smiled and demolished his scone in a few bites.

After tea they went for a walk in the park, chatting away and taking in the passing parade all around them. There were people walking dogs, kids playing, mums with babies in pushchairs or sitting on the grass, even people playing chess on a huge life size chess board. Most of all Lisa was aware of the many lovers strolling through the park, holding hands and some with arms around one another. On impulse Lisa put her arm through John's and gave it a hug saying, "Thank you for bringing me here, this is just great."

Late afternoon came upon them quickly and it was time to go back to the hotel. They caught a cab and were soon standing in the foyer. Lisa was beginning to feel the awkwardness of a farewell moment coming upon her when John forestalled it, "I know you like to eat, I've seen you enjoy your food," said with a grin, "and I know you are going to need to eat again tonight. How about joining me for the best pizza outside of Naples? I will meet you here at 7.30. Are we agreed?"

Lisa could no more have refused than she could have jumped off a tall building so she nodded her agreement and turned and almost ran to the lift. A few minutes later she was back in her room and not five minutes after that she was lying immersed in a deep hot bath filled with sweet scented foam.

Lisa lay back and closed her eyes and immediately images of John swam into her mind. She kept seeing him as he had been that afternoon, rowing the boat, the smile playing around his lips, the muscles of his arms moving under the skin and his lean beautiful body. She could even see the small beads of sweat that had given a bright sheen to the exposed surface of his skin. She allowed a hand to caress the soapy surface of her body, running it over her shoulders and her belly, feeling herself cupping a rounded breast and finally lightly tweaking an erect nipple between thumb and forefinger as the feelings of desire welled up in her.

Her hand strayed downwards, over her belly, which was slightly rounded after having borne two children, until she gently brushed her neatly trimmed pubic hair. She stroked it softly, back and forth, as one might stroke a pet cat and then let just the tip of her index finger slip into her cleft and come to rest on her clitoris. She uttered an almost silent gasp and gave a tiny little shudder as contact was made and then, after the briefest of pauses, she began a smooth, rhythmical, circular stroking motion on that superbly sensitive organ. Aroused as she was her climax was not long in coming and she shuddered and moaned as wave after wave of sensation shook her way down deep. Her mind was filled with images of John, and in the final stages of her orgasm she called out his name three times - John, John, John.

John was waiting for her when she came out of the lift and, as the walked out of the front door of the hotel, it seemed the most natural thing in the world for her to slip her arm into his. The restaurant was only a block away from the hotel. It was obviously a place where John dined often for, as they entered 'Giuseppe's Pizzeria' the owner himself came over to greet them, greeting John enthusiastically. He greeted her too, with all the charm and exuberant goodwill for which the Italians are famous, calling her 'bella signorina' as he led them to a table in a quiet corner.

The meal was superb. The light, crispy pizza base was filled with genuine Italian style toppings, anchovies, olives and artichoke hearts. It bore no resemblance to the production line pizza she was used to eating back home. They followed the pizza with a dessert called Zabaglione, melt in your mouth mousse flavoured with sweet Marsala wine. The meal was accompanied by young robust Chianti wine, raw to the first taste but exciting as they enjoyed more of it. The final touch was a small cupful of intensely strong espresso coffee and a small glassful of Amaretto liqueur, a burning taste of almond to fill the mouth.

The meal was wonderful but it was also nothing to Lisa. What was all to her was this man sitting opposite her. After they had finished eating she reached over and took his hand, squeezing it firmly, never wanting to let it go. For the first time all day neither of them had anything to say. They sat there, looking deep into each other's eyes and just holding hands.

Giuseppe saw and he smiled to himself. He discreetly cleared a few tables out of the way to make a small impromptu dance floor. Then he placed a portable music system on another table and pressed a button, letting the strains of an Italian love song fill the room. John rose without a word and led Lisa onto the floor. She slipped into his arms and it was as though they had been made for each other, the fit was so perfect. She pressed herself to him and he held her tight, his arms enfolding her. She felt his breath flutter on her cheek and she breathed in his scent, her nose at his neck line He too was intoxicated by her scent, by the way her body interpreted the perfume she used. He could feel every curve of her body, under his hand and pressed to him and he felt almost drunk with pleasure.

Time passed so quickly, as though it was fleeing from them and it was suddenly time to leave. The short walk to the hotel took no time at all. They entered and walked straight through the foyer and took the lift up to Lisa's room. Outside the room they looked into each other's eyes. John had an unspoken question in his eyes and Lisa was trembling as she said, "No... John.... We can't."

If he had attempted to persuade her to let him in she would probably have found the strength to refuse him but he didn't. He just bent to her face and gently kissed her before saying, "Good night my love," and turning away to walk slowly down the corridor.

Lisa felt as though her heart would break and, before he had taken a dozen steps she cried out, "No...wait," in a voice she hardly recognised as her own. She literally flew into his arms and clung to him like someone who was drowning. They kissed. His mouth was warm and smooth on hers, mobile yet firm, passionate and caring.

12