Longing For Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He followed her into the dining room, wondering what she was up to. He sat down, never taking his eyes off of her as she lit the candles. She sat down next to him, filling his plate with various delicacies before speaking to him. “I have something on my mind, darling.”, She told him. He sat his fork down and waited for her to finish. She nervously twirled the ring on her finger that he had given her the weekend they met.

“Remember what you told me about wanting me to be your wife?”, She asked. He nodded his head and said, “Yes, I still feel that way. I will do anything for you. I love you, Jackie.” She smiled and said, “Good, Because I feel the same way. Yes, I will marry you Paul.”

His mouth fell open in astonishment and he jumped up out of his chair, scooping her up in his arms. He hugged her so tight, that she thought her ribs were going to crack. When he finally set her down on her feet, she felt dizzy. He talked rapidly, overcome with excitement. “When do you want to get married? I can free my schedule at work and go any day that you say. Or do you prefer to elope? I have always wanted to go to Vegas.”, He babbled.

Jackie laughed and said, “Slow down and catch your breath, sweetheart.” She took the calendar off the wall and began to thumb through it. She stopped on the anniversary of the day that they had met face to face. Which was only about 5 months away. He nodded his head in agreement and said, “You have made me that happiest man on Earth.”

They soon forgot about eating and spent the rest of the evening making love. Paul stayed over that night, not leaving until time for him to go to work the next day. Jackie wasted no time in planning the wedding. She wanted a romantic event that all their friends could attend. She worked day and night, getting everything planned.

The following July approached quickly as she struggled to make the final arrangements for flowers, caterers and the guest lists. The night before the wedding, they agreed to spend it apart. Having a big case of the nerves, Jackie decided to get online for a while. Once again, she was greeted by an email from her ex-love. “Please talk to me Jackie. Let me explain myself.”, Jeff/Jon pleaded in the letter.

She sighed and logged onto Yahoo messenger, and unblocked him. Sure enough he was online and wasted no time sending her a message. She let him attempt to explain his lies and try to sweeten up to her before she told him that she had some news. She explained to him how she had met the most wonderful, honest man on the internet and fallen madly in love with him in person.

Then she told him about the wedding the following day and that she planned on living happily ever after with Paul. After a few moments of hesitation, Jeff/Jon replied and said, “I’m sorry about hurting you. Please don’t marry him. I still want you, Jackie.” She typed, “Goodbye Jeff, Jon or whatever the hell your name is. Get a life. I finally got me a real man and I’m the happiest that I have ever been in my life.” Then she blocked him again and logged off the internet. She went to sleep with a smile on her face that night, feeling very satisfied at upsetting Jeff/Jon with her wedding plans. She slept soundly until the alarm clock went off.

By 10 am, her house was filled with wild commotion. Many of her friends had come from all over the country to see her get married. After many hugs, smiles and pictures, she finally managed to get dressed in time to make it to the park for the wedding. She stayed out of sight until the music started playing. Her oldest son, Tim, walked her down the make-shift aisle.

She looked from side to side at all the friends and family that had shown up. Tears welled up in her eyes when she saw Paul standing by the podium, waiting for her. He looked so handsome in his gray suit. It was the perfect contrast to her off white short dress. Her son kissed her on the cheek before giving her hand to Paul.

Then they turned to face the minister. He said, “We are gathered here today to witness the joining of this man and woman. They wish to recite their own vows. Paul turned to Jackie and said, “I spent my whole life searching for a woman that would love me for who I am. Now that I have found you, I don’t intend on ever letting you go. I would give my very breath for you, my sunshine, my life just to be with you. I would walk to the ends of the Earth for you, just to have the honor of being your husband.”

Jackie fought back tears of happiness when she began to recite the vows she had written. She said, “Paul, You are my everything. Because of you, I can now feel complete. You are my best friend first, my lover second. You make me feel whole. I love you with all my heart and soul.”

The minister said, “Place the ring on Jackie’s finger Paul.” With shaking hands he pulled a ring out of his pocket. It was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. He slid it on to her finger repeating what the minister told him to say, “With this ring, I thee wed, to have and to hold you until death do us part. I take you as my wife from this day forward.” Then it was Jackie’s turn. She slid a ring out of her bouquet and put it on Paul’s finger.

Her voice trembled as she said, “With this ring, I thee wed, to have and to hold you until death do us part. I take you as my husband from this day forward.” Then the minister said, “I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride.” Their lips melted together in a slow sensuous kiss that seemed to last an eternity.

By the time the reception and picture taking session was all over, Jackie was exhausted. She threw her bouquet before sliding into the limo. She laughed when she saw that her young Grand-daughter had caught it and said, “Eeewww!!! I’m not getting married. Kissing is gross.”

Paul and Jackie waved at everyone as the limo drove them to the airport. They put the privacy glass up so they could change clothes during the ride. They ended up making out most of the ride and had to hurry to get their clothes on before the car pulled up to the curb. They barely made it to the boarding gate in time to catch their flight. Jackie slept most of the way to their first layover. It was late the next morning before they made it to their destination.

They spent two wonderful weeks in Hawaii. They made love every chance they got. Each year they go back there to celebrate their anniversary. They have been together ten years now. Unlike most romances that start out online, this one can actually end with, and they lived happily forever...

Please vote for my story. Reader feedback is welcome and appreciated.