Longwood Fifth Hunt

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"Cherokee Janet?" We both nod and he slaps his knee. "Hot damn, never expected to see you two. Good time to go look at buffalo, still cold so they got the winter coat and they are sure impressive with one." Smile at that.

"General idea, figure on best to get out and paint one afore they all gone. You round eye kill too many." Benjamin just sit there pondering on what said a bit then turn to Dan.

"Doesn't she know English better?" Dan snorts and nods.

"Janet knows just about all the words. Doesn't use them, reckon on she likes making people think she doesn't. Mind about like a steel trap though, doesn't miss much of anything."

They both look at then we get our food. Don't recall ordering but what we get looks wonderful. Couple sunny side eggs with bacon and sausage patties, and two biscuits. Have a container of butter and honey right at the table so fall to on getting the biscuits buttered.

"Reckon I got you two for a spell, mind sharing some tips?" Look up at Benjamin then over to Dan who is eating sausage patty so shoot some eye daggers.

"Dan better to get tips on sheriff from. What know is slaughter and scare. To scare pull pistol fast, no need shoot just pull and point. Most will give up on account they move aside hand up you can shoot dead. Work on group as well, pick out leader or just closest pull pistol, point, demand stop." Dan nod and put down sausage.

"Janet forgot one, she has a look like you is a bug she mean to stomp." They both look at me so shoot some eye dagger and Dan grin.

"That's it. See if can look just as mean and most fellas will need the outhouse with a pistol pointed at them." Benjamin is chuckling now.

"See what you mean just how do I pull it faster?" Both look at me so sigh.

"When I learned to shoot a pistol I aimed to shoot all the men there. Reckon how I managed to pull fast then and since. I knew if I do not pull fast as lightning I am dead and not wanting to be dead so move just as fast as possible. Have gotten better since, so seem like blink and pistols are pulled and pointing." Both are gawking at me so look down at plate and put sausage patty in a biscuit.

"You know, that is the most words I've heard her say at once outside when she did that speak at the theater." Benjamin snorts and shakes his head.

"Get the feeling Janet doesn't like to talk much." Look up and nod then go back to munching on sausage biscuit.

"Janet is a singular woman, slow to trust, experienced hell on earth, better than any ten men combined, and one hell of a good cook." Look over at Dan, not often he say hell so much.

"Forgot good roll." Both of them chuckle a bit.

"Did you are right and I am sorry Janet."

Dan and Benjamin lean together to talk over sheriff stuff so I pay them no mind and munch on vittles. Sausage patty better combined with biscuit but still eat second patty outside biscuit. The biscuits are good and make a good follow to everything have. Even get a glass of milk so am all smile over the morning vittles.

Finally though we all get up and head out of the eatery. Dan leads over toward the store, there is no gun store here. Inside we go and look around at everything. Plenty of good things here so spend a bit looking over everything, even get a toy for Balik. He like on account if you twist it about it make noise.

Luckily he not so good at twisting about so not much noise though he like try. Luck on my side, Dan still toting Balik so can find interest apart. Mean no hear toy clank and clunk so loud, man behind counter is grin on this. Also showing books have for sale, mess of the weeklies as well, not all these do we get in Longwood so looking over all.

"Any good ones in there?" Look over at Dan and shrug.

"Most of the weekly are daring tales of injun attacks."

"This one here has a tale on a cougar attack. Most time though it has injun attacks as well." Dan snort at clerk.

"I always wondered why we never got the weeklies." Both fellas are chuckling now so kick Dan.

"No say round eye cause of all injun attacks, usual reason." Both look at me and chuckle more.

"We know that Janet, most of these are something the kids buy to have some excitement."

"Sell a number to the older fellas, they read them and then laugh about how it wasn't like that." Well this funny so laugh some then move over to candies.

Run low on chocolate, also has licorice not sweet. Happy to find he has the caramel on account no sweet but good taste to, Dan like as well so get much as fella will sell. Dan pick out two more novels though no read the future he got let alone finish the powerful one for me. Both novels are big so reckon on be long while to read.

Exiting the store we run our fresh bought things to the hotel and stow in our room. Then decide on get lunch so try the closest eatery on account is after lunch time for most. Get menu this eatery and all sound nice though decide on have steak with Dan. Course Dan seem surprise on take steak and tease about how not ask for sweet thing.

Kick Dan few times then get surprise when they bring us a high chair for Balik. No try yet but figure on so we get him apple sauce. Make Dan do on account been all me on feed our son, Dan do and surprise when Balik like him to do it. Figure on Balik would, he is no old enough to ask me on all thing.

Not that see this, at least not that remember. Hear about from most all gals in Longwood how fellas fixate on mom once they get old enough to notice gal as gal. No sure be good help on this to Balik, am not fella. Was raise different than reckon Balik run in to in the way of gals as well.

"Dan true fellas ask ma how do everything?" Dan stop feeding Balik for a bit, until Balik fuss at least.

"Well yes and no. Asked Pa how to do rolls and what did on the farm. Ma I asked on how to do everything else."

"No sure can do same for Balik."

"Sure you can, honest you are better at shoot, track, and you do have idea on what gal would want hear to give out roll." Just look at Dan a spell.

"Dan, you forget aside when made to be wife to McCalbane would go around asking fellas to roll. Until go to brothel then it is if the fella have the monies. No think most gals will give roll after being offered monies."

"Oh well that is true. Still we got all those gals in Longwood, most are not whores. Reckon Balik will grow up with gals as well so they can figure it out together."

"Dan you forget how talk nice gal?" Dan sigh and nod then shrug.

"You were not my first but definitely my last gal. You offered a roll to me and after that all a matter of being nice to you."

"So am just good roll?" Dan roll his eyes then shake head.

"No Janet, you are the best gal a fella can ever hope to find. To start you were just a good roll and a tracker but you went past rather quick like. I fell for you before you figured out you had fallen for me." Am all beam now, though there is one thing.

"Why marry after get McCalbane?"

"I made us wait on account I was not sure we both would live. I knew you would but that attack was different than any of the others we had done afore."

"Honest, would not mind more like. Perhaps why injun attack farm, easy, fast."

"Reckon is closer to how many we had with us. Plenty of rifles along with knives and not as many of them. Our hunts have been easy of late anyway."

No have thing say on so focus on fine lunch. Is good vittles make here though admit the far eatery quite good. After lunch, with Dan being spit up on so giggle plenty, we go back to hotel. Naught for us to do so we go back to our novels, Balik want nap little after lunch anyway. Do keep eye on him, apple sauce is new for vittle and worry little.

Dan tease some on how pay more attention to Balik. So tease back with Dan just good roll so get tickle for a spell. All in all is good time spent just being wife to Dan and mom, no seem get to do that much and enjoy when can. Supper roll around so we collect Balik from under bed where he try to do toy and head out to the eateries.

Find the close eatery is full, same with next so head for the far. This eatery full as well, mess of folk hurried down the stairs ahead of us. End up sitting with Benjamin again, also have Dan look for a high chair. Reckon on being proper, Balik like apple sauce and he is getting in teeth, much longer and would teach how eat regular vittles like us big folk.

"Seem that half the town knows you two are here." Snort and giggle as Dan come back with high chair.

"They offer be posse help run off?" Benjamin and Dan snort.

"Had a few fellas offer to be on the posse you two need. Little crestfallen when explained what you were doing. Reckon on losing a few of those fellas west, they want excitement." Sigh and shake head as make sure Dan has good apple sauce, is darker than mind on it being.

"Rather just be wife and ma." Dan looks over at.

"So you want to stop wearing your belt?" Ponder that for a moment then shake head.

"No wish leave husband in danger alone. Just wish mind Longwood."

Vittles come now, we get a rather nice looking stew with a whole mess of bread slice. Butter still there in the tub so butter bread and fall to on quite good stew. Help Dan butter his bread after moment of him try while still feed Balik. Surprise on how much he eat of apple sauce but no give milk yet.

"Train tomorrow?" Benjamin looks up for moment then shake head.

"Day after, in the morning little afore lunch." Dan nudge so look at him.

"Reckon we will stay in the hotel tomorrow. Got a mess of reading to do." Benjamin snort.

"I'm jealous, get to spend most of the day walking around the town."

"Best mind saloon, most fight start."

"Not here, we got a number of bad sorts I suppose. Being robbed is a danger so I walk around and mind the town. Am trying to talk them into allocating funds for a deputy salary."

"Me no pay, whore most night and make most of monies." Dan shakes his head.

"Most of our monies comes from the bounties. Course Janet makes good monies, whores at night and brings home six dollars on a slow night." Benjamin sighs.

"I'm jealous and not, I don't know how you let her do that."

"Partly it's a matter of not wanting her mad at me. I've seen Janet mad afore, there's no living. Whoring is a thing she needs to do, denies it but I'm pretty sure she still needs to." Kick Dan.

"When last time asked for roll?"

"Yesterday on account of that book, at least what you admitted to."

"No like not have husband where belong. No need whore, just only round eye nice." Benjamin look at Dan getting Dan to chuckle.

"She is saying that us white folk are only nice to her when she is dressed and working as a whore. Somewhat true sadly, though good portion of the reason most are not nice besides then is on account of Janet always look at a fella like perhaps bug need squash."

Hit Dan getting Balik to coo and slap at table. Benjamin chuckles so hit Dan again getting Balik to coo a few more times. Dan swat getting Balik to coo, so swat Dan for more coo. Swat Dan and Dan swat back so we trade swat for a bit to plenty amusement of Balik, though he get tired of fairly quick like.

"Add gamble hall, more money deputy." Benjamin sighs and shrugs.

"Have decks of cards in the saloon for friendly games of poker. We haven't really discussed gambling."

"Janet has a point, with a gambling hall you have other things to do, more work for the town. Would have people stay over more so more monies coming in to town. Gambling halls are safer than a gambling saloon on account no alcohol. Ours has water, milk, and coffee to not be in competition with the saloon." Benjamin nods and smiles.

"Perhaps why we don't have a gambling hall. Course our saloon is fairly small, only one floor. Not sure who has enough monies to afford the building though." Wave hand for moment.

"Whole town put up monies." Benjamin just look at for moment then nods.

"Reckon that would work, got some set aside and reckon most all of us working could get enough together. Have to figure on the cost for it though least have the transcontinental so short trip for the crew."

Finish with vittles soon after so carry drooping Balik back to hotel room. Get him in crib and he pass right on out. Just stand there a bit to watch beautiful son sleep, then Dan join for a moment afore pulling over to paint.

"Is this one finished?" Just look at for moment and shake head.

"Miss something."

"You mean aside your little sparrow symbol?" Dan has point so get paint out and ready then add little sparrow and still miss something.

"Still miss." Dan look at with for a spell then snap fingers.

"Add a lawman badge."

Look at paint for moment then nod and get more paint ready then add the badge. Too hard add letter so just put a star on and make darker so like badge drooping with lawman. Look at longer then smile at Dan who smile back.

"I like this one, reckon best to send off somewhere though, let more folk see it. Reckon this is speaking on the difficulty trains are adding to the job." Shake head.

"No Dan, train make easier return. Horse make hard. Have track bandits and take mess of day."

"Well this is true. Also wish you would speak full sentences to me, know you can."

"Give roll?" Dan sigh and shake head.

"Mr. Johnson was firm on this, when you are at the right time for ready day or two between."

"Dan mean wife."

"It's not so easy for me either you know. Reckon next time if you don't catch shall not for couple days then daily."

Giggle bit since must be hard on Dan, and he is the one who no can do roll. Not even a bleeding time relief for Dan, could handle but then mean to Dan. So to be good wife just get in bed and pull out novel. Dan goes around turning down lanterns we no need then climb in bed with own novel. Just lay there and read for a spell afore settling down and sleep.

Wake the next day and watch Balik work on stand then voice annoyance at no vittles. Feed him then get dressed to go have vittles. End up in far eatery again, though at least have high chair at law table. Reckon on they leave there for us, not like any other sit at law table aside the two sheriff and deputy.

Course Dan mean, go off while work on get Balik in high chair. Balik no like so reckon is use to Dan do and decide only want Dan to put in high chair. Dan come back after get in high chair, course Balik decide he like high chair when Dan come back so kick Dan. Benjamin is chuckling along on this so reckon is entertaining to others, no fun for this wife.

"Reckon I better order us a high chair." Ponder moment then shake head.

"Two chair, Sashi need soon."

"You know, if the grandparents buy the high chair then better write a letter to Ma and Pa." Snort and giggle.

"Dan, Chad is son and no make much as we do."

"True, almost want to suggest they go sign up as a marshal and wife, get the bounties more often than we do." Benjamin waves his hand.

"Need to get a booster as well, soon as Balik is ready for a chair he will need it." Look at Dan and he is nod.

"Not recalled that one, when I was a lad I got a couple pillows to sit on. Had to get picked up and set on them to boot." Ponder on how that would look for moment then giggle.

"Sit on ground to have vittles going up in notions." Dan and Benjamin are chuckling hard at that then our vittles arrive.

Fall to on our vittles, we got biscuits and gravy today. Get an extra biscuit and a mess of scrambled egg so is fine meal.

"Why no menu in this eatery?" Benjamin looks up from his plate and smiles.

"This is the first eatery of the town. When it formed we were the lead camp of the folk doing the transcontinental. This and the saloon were built up first, along with a mess of houses on account of needed a town here. This was afore they got the better lighting on the train so this was one of the overnight stops. Added in the other line since we got the water tower to add to the engine and there wasn't a north south line over here." Benjamin stop there and no seem to answer question so Dan ask.

"So why is there no menu?" Benjamin snorts.

"Sorry, there is no menu in this eatery on account there never was one. Used to be a tent and only one cook. There are three cooks now but still no menu on account we are all used to it. Reckon on add a menu eventually though not sure when."

"How long you been here?"

"Pa was working on the line, Ma decided we will stay here so Pa kept going while we stayed here. I got sheriff on account I was the only one who applied the folk in charge liked." There is one question bears asking.

"Why no wife?" Benjamin turn red and look down.

"None of the gals here liked me enough." Dan snort.

"Sign up for a mail order bride. You are a sheriff so you got an income and gals not always care, farmers get wives mail order." This funny so we laugh for a spell.

"Farmer keep affording saloon roll." Dan looks over at me and shrugs.

"No telling how well they do afford that but you are right, they make enough. Remember lots of times monies were tight when I was a lad, but then the farm was not as big as it is now as well." Just stare at Dan moment.

"Ma and Pa got bigger farm?" Dan nods.

"Could have sworn I told you, three years ago now an adjacent farm folded so Pa took up the land. Needed to hire workers though Ma is happy, has an army to feed again." Ponder moment then kick Dan.

"Understand army to feed again, what you said on the letter." Dan turn red.

"Sorry Janet."

"Dan can I borrow Janet for a spell? Need to talk the store owners into helping fund a gambling hall and get me a deputy." Dan look at me then we both look at Benjamin.

"What do you need Janet for?" Benjamin turns red.

"Oh shoot sorry, need Janet to mind the street while I go in and talk it over." Dan look at me so give small smile.

"Alright, think first Janet explain your thinking on being a deputy."

"Way look at town is tribe, laws are tribe law so any no hold to tribe law are fit to be shot." Benjamin has wide eye now then Dan speak on.

"Janet is not fast to just shoot folk. She give option to give up, if they don't right away give up she shoots." Benjamin look back at me.

"Not all tribe law is shoot offense. Asides that even in tribe we have trial. Mostly it is the wronged pointing out attacker who is then kilt or harmed according to custom."

"Don't ask after the punishment. Brutal is an apt word for them." Benjamin looks at Dan then back to me so put hand up.

"Injun know many ways of torture, these are punishment and many no easy life. If given torture punishment was grave offense so must prove worth by life, if life after then am redeemed, no life get burial."

"Oh my, still asking for Janet to help. So long as she does not just shoot straight away it's fine." Look at Dan with smile so get nod.

"Janet will help, keep in mind she is new here so some of the dastardly sorts may not believe her and get shot."

"Perfectly fine, I've shot two of them so far."

Am little excited on this, new town to deputy and no been here afore. Reckon is why sheriff and deputy move around some. Also bad to be new and deputy or sheriff, as Dan said not all listen. Still am excited little extra stepping out of eatery with Benjamin. We turn away from hotel to go over rest of town, not much on account the houses are spread out.

Same as Longwood, though the new families are building on the new street allotted for it. Reckon on the other houses around will want move in closer. Perhaps will instead have street lay out to them in case town expand far enough. Reckon may not be all that long, they are not that far and many are fairly close together.

First place we stop is bank so Benjamin go in and lean against wall to wait for him. Keep eye on street both direction as lean, many folk notice. Many a smile on account of wearing deputy badge on vest. Reckon good am in dress and not tracking leather, many folk comment on the look of and some call it scandalous, with smile so like but still not so good to just wear.

emap
emap
237 Followers
123456...8