LongWood Fourth Hunt Day 03-04

Story Info
Catch up and have preslaughter slaughter.
10k words
4.86
7.9k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Wake on this day surprised, can hear the train. Train no come until after vittles, well does some come during vittles, always when engineer is urged to be faster. Would reckon Gus was asked to get to the last town on his line right quick, and then back. Push Dan off the bed afore he wake then we are both rushing to get in cloth.

In my case I am getting in the leather, we have a hunt. Came with Gus, Martin and Gwen needing us and Apache for south soldiers. Still in the confederate uniform and wanting to get the monies together to start the war up again. No sense to this endeavor, according to what the papers have said, the south lost fair and square.

Not from bad leadership, they lost from less soldier and less guns. Still does not matter, we have a law matter with them not soldiers. Dan helps me collect the babes then off to the train station. Martin, Gwen and three Apache warriors follow us, oddest thing, the warriors stayed in our house last night.

Felt wrong to me, wanted to go shove them out just cause they are Apache. Dan spent extra time on our roll so after was all about sleep and not shove. Reckon the teaching I had on Apache is a little stuck in my craw. Then we are up at the station so Dan head for the usual spot to have a gun toting deputy or sheriff.

Martin goes with him so end up standing by the sign with Gwen. Least she is in pants today, reckon she figure on us leaving right quick after the gang.

"What do we do if they are not on the train?" Shake my head.

"Not rightly sure, Amanda has said can do enough milk. Still no feel right, babes need their mom." Gwen nods.

"Know what you mean, Jane has said she will help on keeping this one if we go off on a hunt. Just she is also all fired set to go on them herself."

"Still no man for her?" Gwen snorts.

"She has all of the marshal, one gets a bounty they go ask her to go along. Martin is the only one who does not, she has asked." Snort and giggle.

"Reckon she is being particular about a husband." Gwen snorts and shakes her head.

"Honest am surprised she isn't working in a brothel in between hunts like you did. She isn't particular about the fella, hear about it since she visits saloons and gives out rolls. Not always to marshal." Frown at that.

"Is she getting the poison?"

"No, she is of the opinion that bounty is dangerous work so is all set to get a babe within right quick."

"Dan speak on afore we took her on, said as much. Almost get the feel she had similar treatment but not after all fella for roll like used to do." Gwen nods and shrugs.

"I know how she feels, I was all set to find a nice man to roll often when I came here the first time. Brought up different than out here but still had needs that need a man for." Nod and giggle.

"Know feeling, still have need, just a regular need now mostly, once a day with occasional twice is enough." Gwen shakes her head.

"Honest I was of the mind to do every other day roll. Martin can more often so no complain. Reckon you are still a little stuck on whoring." Shrug at that as the train is pulling in.

"Round eye nice to me when whore, aside Dan is only time so reckon that is the reason for need still."

Gwen sighs and nods as the train finally stops. People are getting off almost immediately, most look tired so reckon they no sleep good on fast move train. Also no Bonita or Chad so am worried on this. Much as enjoy long hunt also get taken away from Balik and miss him something fierce so a quick hunt is the best.

Perhaps when Balik not need me to feed him from breasts can do a proper long hunt. For now a fast hunt is in the right and am getting anxious. Chad is my son as well so do care about him and start to get worried. If they no made this train something wrong, then Gwen sighs and points so look and am beam, Chad and Bonita are coming this way.

Bonita in front in a powerful hurry to reach her Sashi. Also smiling like had when we return from the long hunt. When she reach us she crouched down to look in at her daughter and sigh as pull out and hold. Sashi only whimper little in sleep then seem to snuggle closer, reckon she realize that her mom is here even in sleep.

Chad look at me and Gwen then sigh and continue on past for the sheriff office. Gwen has been handling the fellas with a belt so am glad for that. Bonita too interested in holding her Sashi then look at me and the warrior leaning against wall.

"You have hunt?" Nod and sigh.

"Martin and Gwen came down on train so been here for two day waiting for you to return. Pack of south soldier want fund war start back up." Bonita frowns bigger.

"You want more than you have." Sigh and shrug.

"Get sergeant as well, three Apache get soldier escort and Gwen swear talk one or two of your marshal in come."

Bonita still no look happy but then Dan come over and bid us to go make vittles. For many is what he say so we collect our babes and go. Naught else to do, not had vittles afore today and am hungry, Bonita look same plus our babes. So we take our babes to the house and head for the kitchen to see on what can do.

Even get to figure on what to make, have some coney meat left over, little bit of sandwich as well. We look at each other and say together, biscuits and gravy then giggle. So we get to work making biscuits and gravy with eggs. Scrambled on this day so make for right fine vittles, that we stop in middle of make to see to our babes.

Afore we finish feeding our babes Dan and the guests show up. Gets us to go look and well we groan, Dan did not say that many. Martin and Gwen are there which am used to, also all three of the Apache warriors, the three whores they got to agree to come, two marshal, soldier, and Chad. Bonita sigh and get the fixings for biscuits back out.

Once we finish with our babes we make more biscuits and get the new pan in the oven. The first pan is finish now just not enough biscuits out of. Not because we estimate low, the pan only hold so many biscuits. Do up a third pan of biscuits as well, just so we have enough for all. Once the third pan is in the oven we get going on the gravy and eggs.

Quite happy to have help on this, is hard to do egg and gravy at same time. Especially when scrambled, sunny side up eggs are easy to do so when make this without Bonita, Dan get sunny side up. Finally we finish off on the vittles so collect plates and do them up. All get an extra biscuit so needed third pan just to do right.

Still we are finished and hungry so do up the plates, and end up doing the platter twice. Luckily Dan collect the silverware so table is set asides the plates. Finally finish so all do the vittle prayer and fall to on the vittles. Then realize we have soldier, no sergeant this time so poke Dan, he looks at me then snorts.

"Sarah was not feeling well so we have a new soldier." Just look at Dan a short spell.

"Sarah still want do?" Dan nods.

"She enjoyed the hunt aside some of what you do and hearing the slaughter. Currently sick honest, not bad sick, just strong cold." Puzzle through the cold bit a short spell afore recall on what mean then nod and go back to vittles.

Dan watches me a quick spell then go back to vittles. Is a right nice vittles, plenty of complements on them. Once finish vittles leave Bonita to do plates to collect what will want for slaughter. Know will want Winchester and boxes of bullets, same with boxes for Colts, also want bow for the soldiers.

Wanted bow at the last slaughter and reckon these soldiers will do same camp. So may as well have good sly weapon can use at distance. Load up quiver then sling over shoulder and head for office to get Winchester. Dan already here collecting boxes and get sigh out of him when he notice bow, but no say.

Reckon he is just as nervous on this, the bow is good sly weapon but not the best at range. Winchester shoot good twice as far would reckon. Still once they set up camp and get dark the bow will be good weapon. Then head out front door to put Winchester in holster on pinto. Get nosed as move past to put in Winchester so feel pocket and no licorice.

"Dan heading for store, no licorice, no chocolate." Dan snorts and comes over to undo pinto from post.

"Take him along." Pinto snort and toss head so pat and walk toward store.

Pinto catch up in two steps and nudge again so rub on head. Walk in dirt since pinto come along so close, reckon folk get mad if he walk on wood and have dropping. Few are walking around outside at moment and merriment at pinto walk close with me. Tie pinto off at post in front of store and try go in, door lock so bang on.

Andrew was up so reckon they no finish vittles. After moment Claire come to door and just look at through glass short spell. Finally she sighs and opens the door and get out of way so can come in.

"Need get licorice and chocolate." Claire snorts.

"Gwen came and got chocolate yesterday."

"How much get?" Claire stops for a moment then shrugs.

"Wasn't here at the time. Reckon on not much, towns are close on train." Sigh and shake my head.

"Go south to get soldier try start war back up."

"Oh heavens, town south is day ride, are you going past?" Shake my head.

"Turn there to go west according to Dan."

"Means you ride along with the overland rail. Good way to get money, most all of those towns are doing well since it is the prime method to get supplies." Nod and sigh.

"Reckon on good place to get supplies as well." Claire nods then shrugs.

"You never need that much." Sparks a thought and best ask Dan.

"Want ten cents of both, need ask Dan on rest." Claire nods and heads for the candy section.

I turn and head for the door, reckon on step out then yell at Dan. Just when get to door am back up since Gwen come in followed by Dan. This good so go to Dan and put arm around, he looks down then pull up to give kiss.

"Did you forget money?" Squeak and feel at pockets, then remember no vest in drawers so nod.

"Yes Dan, no vest with badge so no pocket." Dan grins then hands over five dollars and my vest.

"Gwen is paying for the supplies minus your sweets. We pay next time, I am going to bank now so do not spend much." Sigh and kick Dan then giggle when he hop out door.

Head for Gwen and notice no Claire, must have gone to get something. Reach Gwen and have her hold coat while get vest on quick. Claire come back with bag of flour then leave again for oil and honey.

"Get syrup?" Gwen snorts and shakes her head.

"Have pancakes often at the boarding house. She is getting honey and sugar. I bought chocolate yesterday."

"You got enough for you, I get enough for five gal over day or two." Gwen snorts then looks at the pile a bit and shakes her head.

"Maybe get twice that. I find myself needing chocolate often of late. I had two bars yesterday, leaves me with three."

"Martin no say nice?" Gwen nods then shakes her head.

"He does some but not enough and I am feeling ugly. At least with this big bounty we can afford to get a house and then do prisoner transfer and such until have babe."

Is a good plan, I was glad we no get bounty until after Balik come out. Very hard to do hunt when with child since all you wish do is protect babe. Chasing after men who will shoot is not good for staying safe. Am sure Gwen is along on to make the money for the house. Then Claire come back and we double the chocolate.

Also add in thick socks, shoe cost more than willing to spend. Also make our whores feel odd since they no feel earth under anymore. Finally though we leave and find rest waiting, distribute the things we bought in supplies then hop on horse and get under way. For some reason I get to ride up front with Dan just a little behind, Gwen and and Martin right there with him.

"Dan why me lead?" Dan looks over and winks.

"So you will find us a good deer, not many go this way, no farm or ranch asides the milk."

"No bean soak?" Dan snorts and shakes his head.

"We will reach the town in the afternoon." Just ride on for a spell look about then have to ask.

"Dan why no farm or ranch?"

"Some have tried just the land won't hold to farming. No farming, no food for the animals."

Pay a little more attention to land around and then notice it. The land isn't flat around here, there are furrows here and there. Reckon would take many men to flatten and then no sure on stay flat. Plenty of flat around but reckon not enough for big farm, small farm only good for town and no enough monies.

Would have afore the train and canning but now, need big farm to sell to can company. Course some of crop is sold to town, fresh is nice on most thing farm make. Then I recall the tobacco and there enough flat to grow down here.

"Dan tobacco farm?" Dan looks around then shrugs.

"Possible would reckon but would need a company interested. The reservation has enough for them." Martin snorts.

"Steam plow." I look over at Martin little confused and he puts his hand up. "Janet it is a newfangled thing, they made a train run around off the track. Has farm uses mostly though can be fitted with a wedge to flatten if can find enough dirt to fill the furrow." I am getting excited at this.

"So you no need horse?"

"Oh no you do, they are not reliable. Smaller than a train and if you hit an angle wrong you can't right the thing without a big group."

"So not new thing to get around on instead of walk, horse, or train." Martin shakes his head and I not excited any longer.

"Why were you so excited about that?" Gwen asks getting Dan to snort.

"Janet likes the future books. Has told me she dreams of seeing the day when folk get about up in the sky like birds." Nod and smile.

"Mean no longer needed and no more slaughter." Gwen and Martin trade a look.

"Wonder why you two haven't been contacted about James and Younger." Dan sighs so I look at him.

"We were, got a letter afore Balik decide to come out."

"Dan who are James and Younger?"

"They are a gang, two groups of brothers and a few others. Started out in the war on Confederate side, we didn't get a bounty on them then since soldiers and a war matter. Now they are a law matter but when they sent us a letter you were not moving well already. I suggested talking to Pinkerton." Martin snorts.

"They did, Pinkerton is looking. Still get updates on the gang so they are moving good and definitely a fitting hunt for you two." Look over at Martin and, well, may as well ask.

"Are they all wanted dead?" Martin shakes his head then snorts.

"You two don't have to only have wanted dead. Reckon get more if you went back to Kansas City." Shake my head.

"Like Longwood, have house so can be good wife to Dan. Also get to whore and still be good wife on account make most of our money." Dan snorts.

"Janet you don't have to whore, we make enough on what I get paid and the bounties." Shake my head and glare at Dan.

"You play poker often and no always return with chips. Asides is nice to whore, round eye talk to and smile at." Pinto tosses head so I rub on him.

"They don't always?" Look over at Gwen and shake my head.

"When am in tracking leather and ready go hunt they cross street. When wearing belt they nod at. Only time talk to most time is when in whore wear, reckon so I let them pay for a roll with."

"Dan is this true?" Gwen asks and Dan nods.

"Janet is a bit like having two people in same body. Put her belt on her and she will look at a fella like he is bug she fixing to stomp. Worse when wearing the tracking leather, all folk get same look. When she is fixing to whore though she is all smile."

"Wearing camisole and skirt mean no worry on thing and can simply do what fun."

"Whoring is fun?" Look over at Gwen and giggle.

"Giving roll to fella always fun. Need down so Dan enough but reckon no like sitting in saloon minding or playing poker only." Dan snorts.

"Janet your need isn't down that far, you are all over me when you are not whoring." Reach over and swat Dan.

"Dan am ready for babe to be put within. Wish another babe and know only happen with roll."

Dan sighs but doesn't say anything and we just ride on. I do look about for a deer or pig, sadly all I can spot is the occasional coney. Town not in view yet but do see a couple buildings, look to be farms since there are barns. No comment on, no sign of farm out here so they are smaller or not extend this way.

As we ride on the church tower come in view for town. Quite small and barely seen but there it is. Then Gwen is coming closer to talk to me.

"Janet since you are so into the future books you may like to know Kansas City is considering getting street lights."

"Street lights?" Gwen snorts and giggles.

"Make it like daytime on the street at night. Make it hard to lurk and rob folk." Nod and smile, do remember seeing such in some of the books.

"Wonder if can do same in Longwood." We both look at Dan who notices after a moment and groans.

"What did I do this time?"

"No Dan, am wonder if can have street light in Longwood."

"We have four streets and they are not that long."

"Yes would mean no worry on folk lurking to rob." Dan, Gwen, and Martin snort.

"Longwood is just about the safest town in the nation." Martin says getting Dan to nod and point at him.

"What he said, folk come to Longwood to be safe, like the gambler yesterday." Sigh and toss up my hands.

"Dan no stay safe, most three stay in saloon. If so many come to be safe more come to make no safe."

"Not a whole lot we can do about that." Just glare at Dan a moment.

"Street light, more deputy." Dan look at Martin who nod after moment.

"I see what she is saying, put up lights, have more deputies. Make the wrong doers think there's no point in going to Longwood since it is better policed than any place." Dan sighs and nods then frowns.

"Yeah would also mean we have more folks wanting to move there."

"Could open up another saloon or just a gambling hall." Gwen says getting us to look at her.

"Gwen have point."

"Yes but we would have to ask Sally, it is competition with her." Think on a moment then shake my head.

"If gambling hall is not, she have whores and drink. Perhaps get another hunter, more meat."

"Theater to do plays and such." We all look at Gwen then Dan nods and smiles.

"Yes fine idea, can get Janet to go up and share tales on our past exploits." Squeak and shake my head.

"No Dan, no like remember. Want to just stay at Longwood and be good wife."

Dan nods but has smile so reckon he try and make do some anyway. Still is fine idea we have to do with town. Reckon all want to add things we say on though reckon the street lights no like much, if bright as Gwen say.

"Martin how bright street lights?" Martin snorts and shakes his head.

"They are a lantern on top of a stick. Reckon on you get one to see how it is to start. Just not real sure how stable they will be, usual to have them as part of a paved street." Am lost for a short spell but then remember Kansas City was adding rock to the streets some.

"No bother to add that." Dan sighs and shrugs.

"May not be liked, adds noise if a horse passes through."

"Horse no be ridden at night Dan."

"Plenty did to get to the brothel, you were always given out roll at night." Oh well that is a good point, and no street light, then recall one thing.

"Yeah but Dan plenty of places had lanterns to light up, usual eatery but not just, brothel had four." Dan nods and grins.

"Yeah, they could see so went out and did things. We don't have that at Longwood but with street lights we would." Sigh and shake head then giggle.

"Dan do anyway, most of town and visitors in saloon half night." Dan sighs.

"This is true, mind we better add other streets to have room for new families and businesses."

"Dan maybe should ride back and talk Mr. Johnson." Martin snorts though Dan is shooting eye daggers.

emap
emap
237 Followers