LongWood Fourth Hunt Day 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, if you are going after a big gang of soldiers I'm going with you. Could send Gwen though, she is with child after all." Martin looks interested in that though Gwen shakes her head.

"No, am going along. Am closest thing to duly appointed marshal as we have asides Martin." I open mouth to mention other two and get eye daggers. "They are not marshals in charge of hunt, that is Martin and me."

Naught to say on that, think Gwen should stay behind but is her husband. Would suggest both stay behind rock to call out, but if they are in uniform hard to get wrong group. Reckon we just shoot them all like afore. Town is come in better view now and the train is there. This town connect to overland rail and is bigger train than we get.

Reckon is cause overland carry thing across country to all towns on rail. As we get closer we get odd thing, three come toward road to meet us. One look to be deputy, other two are in suit like sometimes see in court. All have pistol on hip and two Winchester rifle so must be a couple Pinkerton men.

Hand go up as we get closer so we slow then come stop some fifty feet away. Good distance to use pistol on their side, also good for our side so not good spot. Still they no look ready to shoot neither so just see us good.

"Howdy folk, what brings you to town today?" Look at Dan to get nod so guess am talking this time, Dan odd husband.

"Cherokee Janet and posse after a mess of south soldiers robbing way cross land." The deputy jaw has dropped, the other two trade a glance.

"Would you be adverse to taking us along?" Well that is something to ask Dan about.

"Dan want add another share?" Dan snorts and urges his horse up next to me.

"Pinkerton men don't normally get bounty monies." He turns to the two then. "Did you two get contracted?" Both nod.

"Yes we did, three days ago our office was contracted to get them and any monies we can find. They have been robbing banks and got a train afore they get to the overland rail. Been robbing as they go as well so long string of broke and dead folks in their wake." There is one question I have.

"Why no board train?" Couple shaken heads to the question.

"No idea, reckon on they are getting a large stake to pass in to Mexico and allowed to stay."

"Martin said they aim to get war funded back up."

"No telling on that one, if that was their aim they would not have women folk along." Well so much for shooting them all then.

"Dan reckon best speak to the bandits afore slaughter." Dan nods and looks at Martin.

"I didn't know they had women folk, was not in the report we got."

"Mayhap they grabbed up a few to sate their needs. Course Janet the papers paint you as a little more bloodthirsty." Sigh and shake my head though Dan is chuckling so swat him.

"No like slaughter, am good at so reckon Great Spirit wishes doing them."

"Get your horses we were only planning on stopping here to buy some meat and move on."

The two Pinkerton men nod at Dan then head for their horses. Dan ushers me toward the store and goes with the deputy to speak on. Martin comes with me, and everyone else for the store. In we go and end up walking around to look at everything. This store has different thing than Andrew so all sort of new to look at.

"Janet why are the gals wearing socks." Look over at Martin and giggle.

"No moccasin for them, all whore to make money for new reservation. Atmaja whore one day, just came and no find good roll man, came along cause man she like but no good roll came." Martin is silent for a bit then snorts.

"Alright I think I get that, but why are they wearing socks?"

"Women no leave teepee much in winter. We sit around fire and make cloth along with cook. No need when only leave to use outhouse. Make some on hunt so they have but need sock afore."

"So you only wear moccasins because you do hunt?" Nod and shrug.

"When staying in brothel but go around town with Dan for his vote and like no wear moccasin, only wear when on hunt." Gwen comes over and lean in to Martin.

"You went around barefoot?" Nod and smile.

"Land speak to me so must stay in contact with land." Martin snorts and chuckles.

"Why do you really?"

"Am used to, grew up no wear. Only make moccasin to wear on hunt cause remember warriors say must have moccasin for hunt. Dan always call bounty a hunt so wear moccasin aside the first one."

Dan come in then and make fuss on account we no buy anything. So I cuss Dan out since is a nice look store and wanted to appreciate. The store man is chuckling, so is Dan though he also swat on butt. Well no letting that one go, I swat him on the butt then head over to the store man and we pick up what we are shy.

Also pick up coats for us gals not me, is cold out and reckon on getting colder. Course Dan has to make them know we are keeping coat for next hunt. I kick Dan for that though no real call to say against. Then we are putting what we bought in bags and following on to horses and off.

"Dan how far back?" Dan looks over at me and shakes his head.

"Came through yesterday in the morning, just a bit afore noon. Left at noon or so, mean we not far back." Nod and ponder on a moment.

"Is good, mean we catch on the morrow." One of the Pinkerton men shakes his head.

"They move fast so reckon on take longer." This not so good, though there is one thing.

"No wagon?"

"There is one wagon."

"Then we catch, wagon only go quick trot unless they ride hard and risk break. Break also good, reckon four, five hour to fix if can."

"How do you know that?" I wink at Pinkerton man.

"Was poke girl on three cow drive. Lay in wagon and get poke all day, had one of the wagon break twice. Once was cookie wagon and once wagon was in on account extra cookie supplies kept in wagon with." Pinkerton man look at Dan who nods.

"Met Janet right after the third drive, this was when conscripters were going around afore the war. Met one of the pokes that went on those drives with, one of our bounties."

"Were you in the war?" Dan shakes his head.

"Janet was a bit against me joining, along with folks, had two older brothers who were and died."

"Why didn't Janet want you to join?" All look at me now so turn red.

"Conscripters of opinion gal and injun mean no good, asides need Dan for needs." Pinkertons are silent a bit then one snorts.

"Reckon if south said Janet come join our army they would have won." Everybody nod to that so toss up hands and watch around.

No more talk on things a spell, reckon they no wish to tease more. Asides reckon I no like join south side, they almost as bad to black folk as they are to injun. Does bring to mind one thing I find best be asking on.

"They nicer to black folk now?" Couple shaken heads.

"General consensus is they are better as slaves. Not all mind but just about." Sigh and shake my head.

"Round eye weird, have loving god who care for all, then forget about loving god and slaughter injun, hold black folk as property, and generally rob each other." Silence for a bit at that, reckon none of the fella like what say and also agree on.

"Reckon closer to some do and rest no say against since better to not speak." Look over at Pinkerton man and shake my head.

"Part about no point finger is for thing like roll with plenty, no attend church all Sunday. Slaughtering folk on account of no round eye is plumb wrong and all should say against. Most just move in after and take land like it up for sale."

Dan shake head when Pinkerton man try say something. We fall into quiet again and shadow start getting long so look about for good stop. Find place and signal for so over we head. Dan take over rubbing down pinto so can go help Gwen with vittles. Pinto no seem happy with but still get rubbed and I did do good portion.

This night the vittles are good, we got steak I am cut and taters to cut up and fry. Gwen produce can of pea so right proper vittles. All sit close as we cook then finally cook up and put on plate for all. Help on this that Pinkerton men have plates of own, we no bring enough. Just glad Dan buy so many metal plates.

"What are we doing for breakfast?" Look at Gwen then back to plate, no touch vittles so whimper.

"Reckon wake an Apache to hunt with for coney then do tortilla with coney." Martin snorts.

"We got cans of baked beans, plenty of egg, reckon one coney enough." Ponder on moment then shake head.

"Two coney, can make moccasin for one whore. Quarter one to make for dinner, soak beans and make chili." Gwen smiles at that.

"Sounds right proper. Shall miss sugar in coffee pot." Dan snorts so elbow him.

"No wonder you two no get us for bounty, must have sweet coffee." Martin snorts and points at Gwen.

"Gwen has a sweet tooth, I always reckon on Dan wanting too sweet." Giggle and lean on Dan who roll eyes.

"I do not want it too sweet, asides you try having Janet cook for you, no sweet so you take where you can find."

"Dan made cake." Dan looks at me and leans in to give a kiss.

"You did and it was wonderful, meant at other times, and you didn't have aside the one slice." Sigh and turn red.

"Too sweet for me, good taste but too sweet."

Get to enjoy vittles for a spell. All good to these vittles and all seem to enjoy, even get some good comment on so all smile. When finish vittles get kiss from Dan then get to work on clean dishes, on account of need in morning.

"So how are we getting the gals away from the soldiers?" Look over at Pinkerton man, though Dan first to say.

"Reckon on best to let them set up camp and speak on to them."

"Pinkerton man should speak." Pinkerton men trade a look.

"Mayhap be better to scare with Janet talks to them." Dan sighs and shakes his head.

"Janet goes over there and there is a slaughter. She is a woman, injun, and small. Most fellas hold on to the notion gals unable to do most."

"South soldiers have seen stories on?" Everybody nods.

"Books on you two have been made since about halfway through the war, could find them in most stores we raided for supplies." Look at Pinkerton man a short spell then just must ask.

"You was in war?" He nods.

"Corporal for Mississippi. Horrible business, tales of you two helped us out, we figure on nation fine without cause of you two." Look over at Dan.

"That well known?" Dan shrugs.

"Would reckon, honest nobody said on this much of a fuss over us."

"You two didn't know?" We shake our head.

"We see newspaper on just never knew novel until first bounty out of Longwood."

Naught else to speak on seem, get to finish clean plates then Dan collect to head for bedroll. Am happy with this, get to enjoy my husband on our silk sheet bedroll with padding. Strip down and get under blanket right quick, still cold out. Not big cold but cold enough to be chilled and shivering with my husband.

Then his hand come to me and I moan, feel good and nice to have husband eager for roll. Dan come in and we kiss as his fingers move about within. Feel good like this and no real gumption to call for better. Asides Dan still kiss so no speak on matters. No mind feel good and all is right in land while he is handle his wife.

Find that can speak again cause Dan is moving to get in right place. Moan as he slide right in where he belong. Dan is smile then move so find another moan as legs wrap around my wonderful handsome husband. Reckon on voice this since Dan is smiling big now and moving hard and fast. So right to have Dan move like this, hips are dancing right along with him.

Moan out since stars just jumped right on top. Dan is smile big still then come in and kiss so get kiss while stars jump all over for spell. No wish move once they fade but still have Dan move atop so move along with to get Dan to finish. Become aware of others enjoying roll right along with me, seem all fellas take Dan's urgent need for good roll.

Just move along with Dan since he so eager to bring to stars again. Then am find stars and no kiss at time so can moan them out a little loud. Dan come down and kiss so be quiet again. Sudden no kiss any longer, Dan has arched and is groan then find warmth within. Moan and move little harder to have Dan fill.

Is proper to be full of husband and get close time to stop whore to try for babe. Am look forward to that, not cause can whore but cause can be better wife for wonderful husband. Then Dan finish fill and is moving about to lie on back for wife to snuggle. Enjoy this though do need collect leather so retrieve cloth and coat to array behind or top blanket with.

"Janet I was thinking, why not write a letter and deliver by arrow." Ponder a moment then give wonderful husband a kiss.

"Reckon would work. Like as not me talking mean need slaughter afore they listen."

"Had the same notion. Any not know you already don't think you are the same Janet. Course if they set up a picket you may need to toss the arrow over."

"Picket would reckon I do slaughter anyhow, soldier and men, one wagon mean no many gals. Me gal and they may decide that since injun want to whore. Close to time stop whore to try for babe." Dan sigh and pull close then settle to sleep so join him on that notion.

Wake afore the sky lighten in preparation for sun so glad tidings. Dan no stir when sit up so reckon on get empty later. No big bother, ache no get worse than already is so work on getting dress. Once dress look about for Gwen to get up, she can get fire go while hunt. Surprise to find Martin and Gwen are wake, they are get up already afore I find.

"I'll hunt with you Janet." Look up at Martin and nod.

"Was plan on get Apache. Reckon you be good enough, coney are easy hunt." Gwen snorts and propels us both for the circle.

"Honestly I'm glad you showed him how. I make the vittles and he hunts. Also glad Sylvia taught me to make tortilla, he demands them on hunt." Snort and giggle though Martin shake head.

"I only go and hunt, you decide what we have."

"Just hope no big number pig here, find pig at least half time look for coney." Fire lit so we all huddle around to get warm.

"If you find pig that often why was the big one you got such a big deal?"

"That pig was almost boar, another moon or two and big enough for. No find that often, shoot on account no coney stay move near pig. Pig will have coney some so coney freeze and hope when near. Always have bacon and chops but enough for rib dinner no normal."

Warm enough now so hop up and collect Winchester. Point Martin different direction than me so we can find different coney. Then get to walk a spell, mostly on account sun only come now. Some account coney no like move near people, big and scary animal to coney. Just walk a spell after sun come then drop to knee, have coney.

Brush at snow some until coney come out of grass. Bring rifle up load in bullet and fire, coney freeze at click of load. Head crumple so hop up and head for singing in gratitude and hunter cut the coney. Finish and stand to head back to camp and there is shot. Just one so reckon Martin found coney, hope on he remember how hunter cut see me back to camp.

Gwen hand over cut board so skin coney right quick. Skin set aside to get treat afore let dry I cut up the meat small. Rest sit around camp now so have warrior take bone off for predator to chew. Spend a bit longer cut small meat then drop all in pan for. Recall have onion so fetch one out and cut up to drop in with meat.

Egg will go on later on account it cook and burn fast, no good to leave cook long. Meat almost cook good enough for egg afore Martin come back. Skin and quarter this coney then notice no spit. After moment cut meat small, shall go in chili so small best. Can drop in pan to cook after we finish with tortilla.

Course only one board so we get pot and put meat in there. Can cook just as well there then add bean and water later. Get handed bacon then so cut out small bacon to add to morning vittles then a bit more for the chili. Finish with all that I get to do tortilla then add to pan for Gwen to watch. Also find the skin are getting treated already, seem Atmaja know how.

Keep eye on her and keep make tortilla. End up with good amount though lose plate. Need one for the extra tortilla so I end up share plate with Dan. Did add baked bean after egg so right good vittles on this morn. Dan try and keep both tortilla for him, least until grab ear and pull on, his ma shared this trick.

Finished with vittles we have tortilla and meat remaining so add a little to each tortilla and roll up closed. These are then put into a sack so we have a snack while we ride along. Then we clean plates again and get everything on horse. Dan give me a seeing to afore get to join everything on horse so am feeling relief.

Just ride on a spell, Dan working with Martin on write letter. Pinkerton man has rubber band we can use to affix letter to arrow. Call that a right proper thing so mostly just keep eye on what we pass and have ahead.

"Dan, we close in on them." Dan looks at me then ahead and snorts.

Can see a group with a wagon ahead, there is much dust so they move fast as wagon allow. Can see some behind, to side, and would reckon ahead of wagon, same as what cavalry do to me afore saying otherwise.

"Still working on the letter, though if naught else I'll ride up with you and talk to them."

"Dan you speak or make me do again?"

"I reckon I'll do the speaking, southerners may not understand you since you learned English away from them."

"Dan tempted no give roll." Dan sighs and Pinkerton man ride close to me snorts.

"How close do we want to get to them?" Look over at him then ahead and find we are closing, bout mile away now.

"Reckon half mile." Dan looks over at me then nods.

"Yeah, half mile so they know we are after them. Hopefully they don't run."

"Dan would reckon soldier send wagon ahead and stop to shoot." Not what they do yet, rear soldier has doubled however so they are mindful of us.

"Watch them, they are known to drop timed torpedo behind." Look over at Pinkerton man and well there is one thing to ask.

"What is timed torpedo?"

"Little bit of wood or metal that is explosive with a fuse. They would use them to slow an advance on their retreat."

"So if do what we do?"

"Well can shoot one if you see it afore we get close or we can ride off the trail around them. Not a terribly large explosion to them though shoot not always work."

No good news there but we still close in to bout half mile. Rear soldier get larger number as well so reckon they know we are after them. Suppose help we get to bout half mile behind then slow down to same speed. Soldier also keep look back at so pull up bow and string then set quiver to hang off saddle horn.

If'n they think to attack while we trail or when move up to speak bow will come in handy. At least I reckon so. Bout even will use Winchester instead, faster to shoot than use bow and not well practice at bow.

"Dan reckon sheriff target work with bow?" Dan looks over at me and snorts.

"Reckon so, metal targets so reckon the arrows not like much." Ponder that a moment then sigh.

"Reckon best ask Andrew if can order wood for fence and use that." Dan is silent for a spell then nods.

"Sounds bout right, small stick to shoot at so would get you better at bow."

"If'n you not good at bow why do you have it?" Look over at Pinkerton man and wink.

"Proved good enough bow to hit a couple fellas. Just no use often and best quiet weapon, wanted use last time came across bad soldier, no bring."

"What soldiers?" Look over at Dan who sighs and shakes his head.

"The general just died of scarlet fever, was set up just outside the reservation. We went looking for a lost hunting pair and found them, none survive any longer."

"General hung in Washington. Swear to and no sure did but reckon they no wish cross." Pinkerton men trade a look and both tremble.