Longwood Second Hunt Day 05-06

Story Info
Find a shootout and maybe bounties.
8.9k words
4.79
6.3k
00

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Waking up this day is annoying, Dan or I pulled the blanket up so I can't see the sky. Someone is up first crunching on the snow. Pulling my Colt and uncovering I find out two things, Bia is up, and we got snowed on. Dan jerks and pokes me for dumping snow on us. I stretch over and grab a handful of snow, there's more than I reckoned then drop it on his face.

Bit of sputtering and muttering later Dan sits up with Bia giggling. Dan just looks at me a spell after uncovering his face.

"Janet I think you want a roll." I look down where he is to see my breasts sitting at attention.

"It's cold Dan."

Grinning Dan reaches over and pinches a nipple, that is actually a mite painful, then his lips fasten and he's emptying me. Bia comes over and helps so I'm liking this, the cold and needing my son hurts. Once they finish I'm scrambling to get in my pants, shirt, moccasins, then finding a coat. Bia is fast hopping to the wood to collect enough to make a fire.

Dan follows me then collects a pair of socks that he gives Bia. She smiles about that though doesn't put them on, smart they would collect snow. Over to the fire I go with my Winchester and sit next to Bia to get warmed up before hunting.

"Sorry for not skinning the deer."

"We got enough deer for breakfast and half dinner. I got one coney skin, if you can collect a second I'll have moccasins." I nod then a thought boils up.

"Do you have needle and thread?" Bia nods.

"I brought, I mind you did as well." I nod and grin.

"I always bring, Dan has penchant for getting hat shot."

"I miss the dog hat. Wake up sergeant and see about a coney." I grin at Bia then collect some snow.

Sergeant pulled his blanket up high, but still see some of his face so drop snowball on it. He sits up sputtering about being awake, though his eyes aren't open. I swat him on the head then his eyes open and I get glared at.

"Ach lass, twas rude."

"Get up and help Bia with vittles, I'm on a coney hunt so she has moccasins. Otherwise she has socks but moccasins work better."

"Wake up the lieutenant he wants to come along."

Fresh snow coney hunts are easy so I not mind taking greenhorn. Over to Cucaracha I go and kick him, he groans and rolls over. Well not wishing to do anything else I kick him again, mite harder and he sits up this time. I get glared at until he notices my rifle then gets up muttering about needing a moment.

At least he is dressed quick, though do take him to the fire to warm up. Then he follows me away from the camp and path.

"How do we find a coney?" I turn back and put a finger to my lips, he say loud.

"First say quiet. Coney are cautious, if startled they will freeze and no see in hide."

Cucaracha nods and walks beside me for a spell. I put a hand to his chest when I hear it, a coney is moving about in bush. I point out the bush to him and he nods then looks back at me.

"What do I do?" I roll my eyes.

"Point rifle at bush, no shoot wait for coney, if little coney no shoot we look more." He nods and points his rifle at the bush, he took along the black powder looking rifle.

Reaching down I ruffle the bit of grass about and we get a nice look grey coney. He sucks in his breath like he will shoot so I poke him in leg. He looks at me and I shake my head then point back at coney. We look a bit, and coney seems alone so I say loud to shoot. Coney freeze since I say loud then he shoots.

New rifle is little louder than Winchester and coney squeals, he shot in neck. Offering up prayer for forgiveness I raise my rifle and shoot taking half of coney head.

"Always shoot coney in head." Cucaracha sighs and nods.

"Sorry I should have asked, and rifle seems a mite off." I stand up and sigh.

"Can check at camp, and Winchester I mind you never fired it." He shakes his head.

"I didn't think I would need to." I groan and head for the coney pulling out my Bowie.

"Always test new rifle, and pistol. Colt good pistol, hard to ruin aim, rifles are easy so always test. Do you have tool?" Cucaracha shrugs.

"I'm not sure, I don't have a full complement of equipment."

Saying the prayer of gratitude I hunter cut the coney. Head and insides left for predators we head back to camp. Cucaracha carry the coney since his kill, I only speeded along. Back at camp Bia smiles when she gets coney and I hand over throwing knife. Sergeant looks up then frowns at only one coney.

"There was two shots." I nod.

"Cucaracha not test rifle, do you have tool?" Sergeant crosses himself and nods.

"I have a tool, not sure will work on that rifle but will on Winchester. Do you want to test for him?" I shake my head.

"Cucaracha test shoot, see about two targets."

Sergeant nods and stands up, Dan comes over and hands over the paper again. Sergeant smiles then grabs up the paper and goes for some sticks. I ignore him and go over to Bia who has Chun cooking up the deer with corn and baked beans. Not a good say for breakfast but rolled up in tortilla tastes good.

Bia is busy with making moccasins while her feet are close to the fire. When sergeant whistles at me I glare at him then find a burned stick and blow it cool as I move over to the targets. After placing dots on the targets I walk over to Cucaracha. He looks at me and sighs then brings up his Winchester.

He takes an odd stance, almost full facing the target. I look at sergeant to get a shrug so I poke Cucaracha.

"Stand wrong, turn far shoulder toward target and aim across." He looks at sergeant who rolls his eyes.

"Apologies sir, but what she saying. Rarely do we shoot from horseback which is your stance. It is also the worst one to shoot from, arms are trying to bend in wrong way."

"Janet pivots on the horse with a rifle." Dan says coming over and wrapping me up in his arms. "Didn't you watch him shoot?" I look up at Dan and shake my head.

"I was calling out coney, best to use hand for it."

"A boot works just as well I reckon, hear about it from the soldiers who go out on hunts."

I just glare at sergeant until he turns back to Cucaracha and gives him a few tips on stance. The first shot is about half an inch off the dot so sergeant takes his tool to it. Second shot is closer but not right so I take the tool and adjust it. Dan brings over a new burnt stick and makes a new dot. This shot is dead center so I stick my tongue out at sergeant.

He grins then sticks his tongue out at me so I dart in and grab it. Only pull on it a mite though sergeant covers his mouth and complains about it a spell. Rather fun though Cucaracha ends it too soon, he wants to do his new rifle. His first shot is pretty darn close but not quite right. I get handed his rifle and the tool so I work on fixing it.

This takes a spell, the front mark is offset just a hair. Makes for one tough adjust but finally I think I get it and hand it back.

"Is there supposed to be a gap?"

"Yes, front mark is offset, aim at gap."

Cucaracha looks at me then sighs and aims again. When he shoots he gets close enough to center so we go sit down for vittles. I get handed a plate of two wraps then sit down with Dan who scoots closer. He tenses when I look at him so I lean in and give him a kiss then go back to grabbing a wrap. I get the wrap right to my mouth and Cucaracha chooses that exact moment to speak to me.

"At a distance how good is the aim going to be?" I whimper and put the wrap down.

"Not good, I would not shoot farther than path of town. If can find new rifle with not offset you can shoot farther. Powerful tough shoot farther so best to not. No more say I have vittles."

Sergeant reaches over and pokes Cucaracha when he opens his mouth so I get to go back to vittles. I find egg was added and really good morning vittles. The sweet of beans washed out by egg and corn. All washed in good taste of deer so I am smile while we pack up camp. Dan doesn't get his socks back, Bia hasn't finished with the second skin.

We do have beans soaking so we have good vittles next camp. Finding the right trail proves tough, the snow fell over most of ground. Not fully at least and I do cheat. Brushing the snow aside I find tracks, unsure on how old but there are eight so must be right track. They lead straight for the path so we head there and follow it.

No telling if they go to path or not, but chances are good, round eye predictable. If there is a path to take, they take. Towns are usually not miss, and the next likely is only a stop in for supplies.

"Are you sure we are following them?" I shake my head, not even bothering to look at Cucaracha.

"Round eye predictable, they take path like this when there is. Next town is stop for supplies, no robbing so we can get idea on where they go there."

"If they go there, we have had to backtrack a time or two with new snow." I glare at Dan, no threaten of no roll, I have powerful need for one today.

"Dan, next town then was turn on path, I figure they take turn, they did not take turn. No backtrack." Pinto snorts and tosses his head so I rub.

We ride on for a spell then. Seems no one has anything to say today. Makes sense it is powerful cold, colder than has been for sure. Even get to see breath from horses a little along with more snow, just gentle but more. Then Elan give out cry and we stop so I can look with him. This is odd, large party come to path, at least ten. I look it over then we get back on horse and get under way again. I'm not sure what this mean so move over to Dan.

"Dan, perhaps ten join path." He nods then sighs and shrugs.

"If'n I recall right there is another road that way a spell. Perhaps we have a group that took the rail down there." I can tell not exactly what he thinks so nudge him. "Possible they joined up with our target gang."

"Equally possible this is a different gang, there are scores. We don't always get posters on them in Kansas City." Dan and I look at the marshal then I look at Dan to ask.

"Why no posters for all wanted to Kansas City?" Dan sighs then shrugs.

"Texas prefers to just send one of the rangers. When we moved to Kansas City it was the biggest town not involved in the war so got all posters. It was reckoned that the law breakers farther east would come this way."

"Avoid soldiers, and conscripters." Dan just stares at me then nods.

"Right, especially at the beginning both were everywhere. Now it's Kansas City gets a region and there are big towns all over with marshal getting their own region. Not often a poster gets sent to every region." The marshal nods.

"If a gang looks to be headed for a new region the poster is sent ahead."

We just ride on for a spell longer. The shadows are starting to get long and I better ask about one thing.

"How does one know a gang is moving to a new region?" Dan just stares at me, I wink at him and get a groan.

"Generally the gang will rob on the way."

"Not this one I warrant." Everybody is staring at me now, I'm not going to say yet.

I lead us off the path and look about for a circle, no circle but there are rocks about. More on the other side so I send Elan to get rocks. We get a proper circle set up and the fire lit. Beans cooking I make sure the horses are rubbed down. When we finish they huddle closer and we leave blanket on each. Then we all huddle about the fire and I get stared at until Dan nudges me.

"Come on Janet out with it." I giggle and sigh.

"Look out on hill other side of path a spell farther. I noticed and didn't want to make nervous by saying then. Can't see now so no look."

"What are we going to do with them?" Cucaracha says then a marshal says better.

"How do we know they are wanted?" I look at Dan to get a sigh.

"We don't, though a lookout screams gang. We've gotten four hunting a man to come across a hideout." I shake my head.

"Five Dan, it was only one poster but all shoot at us."

"Why didn't anyone else notice?" I look at marshal then look at sergeant, he sighs and nods.

"I noticed the lad, but none of me concern. I'm only along to keep story of uprising down." Giggling I look at Bipin who shakes his head, Elan nods.

"I notice, just not sure wrong."

"What are we going to do about it?" Everybody looks at Cucaracha then looks at me, I look around and sigh.

"Dan chief not me." Dan snorts then nudges me. "I'm of a mind to get roll and sleep. No morning vittles, instead all get up before sun and find hideout. Marshal can call out marshal and we see if gang or just nervous." The marshals look a little unsure on that then shrug.

"So long as we can yell from behind rock or tree." I look at Dan, he looks back then groans.

"Janet I'd prefer you didn't."

"Ach lass don't be holding us back, what be your thought?" I grin at sergeant while Dan utters prayer.

"Janet prefers to announce her presence in the open with a war cry then she sings. Every once in a while they give up right then, usually they shoot and that gets her to sing louder and shoot." Bipin hoots then leans closer.

"Sing what?"

"Luck song, I not learn warrior songs besides good warrior and bad warrior." Bipin and Elan trade a glance then snort.

"Luck song is warrior song." I open mouth to say and Dan covers with hand.

"I think we should stop say on this matter and find out when vittles are." Chun looks in pot, sergeant looks in pot then both shrug.

"Just a bit longer." I chew on Dan's hand so can say.

"Can we have cornbread?" Bia snorts then tosses bit of snow at me.

"Have cornbread cooking, did that before horse rub."

I open my mouth to say something until Dan pulls me up to him and kisses me. I forget what I was going to say, what we had been saying, and where we are. His mouth to mine is powerful good and I want nothing more than to get on my back for my husband. To be honest right now I wouldn't mind acting like a whore for the men.

Have a powerful need to have a man inside of me, the more the merrier. Course that isn't happening yet, when Dan pulls back from me I blink a few times. I'm still trying to put together where we are when Dan puts a bowl in my hand. There is lovely beans, jerky, and deer meat in the bowl. I also have two hunks of cornbread.

Just get lost in the vittles for a spell, not long enough, I haven't eaten my fill and don't have Dan in me. Cucaracha though has a different want and it always involves me saying on things.

"How are we going to do the attack?" I don't want to say but everyone is staring at me.

"We will head over to path leading to camp. We walk from there, Bia and Chun no shoot so we walk up to camp and if all sleep we run and scalp." Bipin snorts and is somehow not laugh, Dan sighs and pokes me.

"Janet come on, we got greenhorns and I'm the only one who has done this with you." I glare at Dan a spell then sigh.

"Bipin and Elan will go up on side, rest use path. When we get close marshal can call out, if they do anything but call back I sing and we have slaughter." Sergeant is grinning now.

"I been reading one of the novels, it has a slaughter in it. No singing though, they skipped that part." I sigh then look at Dan, he looks back then shrugs.

"Sergeant which novel is that in?" He grins and pulls it out of his coat.

"No singing though it says that Janet prays loudly." I snort and shake my head.

"Close, my song is asking great spirit for assistance."

"Don't you pray?" I shake my head.

"No pray to any of the spirits, we only ask that they decide to go in a way we want. We thank more often than anything else."

"Thank who?" I just look at Cucaracha a moment, I really find it hard to believe he doesn't know.

"We thank the animal we just killed for food. Attacked by wolves and live with them dead, you thank the wolves for testing you. Bear is thanked for food, hide, and testing."

I go back to vittles and am left alone. I'd wonder why, heck I wouldn't mind thanking great spirit, but best to not voice it. I say the thank quietly in between bites of powerful good vittles. After forcing myself to eat a small second bowl I head for our bedroll. Dan follows when I smack him, pulling chuckles from the rest of the guys.

So don't care, I need my husband inside and right now sounds perfect. At least Dan seems to understand this, he's getting naked right along with me. Course we also jump under the covers quick, it's shiver inducing. My legs are spread wide for Dan when he follows me under the blanket. Not that he comes to me, instead he sets up beside and brings his lips to mine.

Become lost in the kiss when his hand comes to me and I welcome him in eagerly. Our lips are mashed together as his hand moves in and out of me. The stars come crashing over me in seemingly no time. My need is powerful, I think I say this even. Dan though just keeps kissing me and moving his hand in. I'd complain but it feels too good, then I realize Bia and Chun are getting rolls.

This reminds me of Chun coming along just to try and carry a babe and my need gets stronger. I grab Dan and stroke his equipment, trying to coax him into getting on me. Eventually it works, though I'm scared Dan will find his stars before he gets atop me it takes so long. I find stars a second time on his hand then Dan is moving.

Little whimper as he settles atop me, then he's moving around and I welcome my husband. I'm parting for him so sweetly, then Dan is moving and it's all I needed. My husband buried in me striving for his stars, striving to put his child within. Reaching stars in no time, and yet it seems to take all time, I'm left boneless.

Dan is smiling at me as he continues to move, striving for his stars. I would move for him except I can't seem to find the strength. Finally he's speeding up and then loses his rhythm and I'm being flooded with my husband. Somehow I find stars again, then grab hold of Dan while I'm crowing to the stars.

He keeps moving a little for a spell then rolls us both over. I whimper a bit at this but otherwise I just lie there, I can't seem to find the gumption.

"I think the marshal should go first." I sigh then look up at Dan.

"I'm not that old yet."

"Not what I meant, just if you keep standing there you will get shot."

"I've been shot before." Dan sighs then taps me on the head.

"I meant shot in a way that you shoot them."

"Dan, if I let that bother me I'd never leave bed." Dan sighs then pulls me up for a kiss.

"I know, like you said already we are getting older."

"Not that old, I may end up carrying your child again."

Dan sighs and squeezes on me, but doesn't say anything so I can get some sleep. Bia and Chun are not finished enjoying the men yet either. Since we are going to what is almost assuredly a shoot out it is understandable. Takes me a bit longer to close my eyes for sleep than Dan. I'd be jealous if he didn't trust me to watch over us at night.

Sleep does finally come, before the rolls are finished even, waking up feels earlier than it should. Hopping up I wake Dan, who pulls me back to suck on. Nice turn of events so I let him empty me, with help from Bia. She hopped up a moment after I'm pulled back. I'd say she would make a fine wife to one of the marshals, just fixated on marrying an injun.

Once I'm emptied I have Bia help wake up everyone. I find Chun laying with Bipin, a rather surprising turn. I thought Chun had been laying with the marshals. Everyone awake and getting dressed aside from Cucaracha and sergeant I work on doing that myself. When I finish getting dressed with the longer coat on I grab up my Winchester. Not needing a box of ammo I walk over to Chun and Bia.

"Get a fire going and make vittles, we will be back in an hour."

"I'll hunt for coney when shoot starts." I smile at Bia.

"Fine plan, come on men, we are walking."

Some grumbling but we get under way on foot. Dan nudges me and shows his saddle bag, he has ammo for my Winchester. I shake my head and pull coat aside to show Colt. Dan groans and shakes his head, but doesn't say anything. Good that he knows how I am, I'd rather not say no roll again.

emap
emap
237 Followers