Longwood Second Hunt Day 07-08

Story Info
Drop off the dead and end up with more.
8.1k words
4.83
5.5k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Voting is nice, ya'll know how to do that so vote.

Waking up this day is something of a relief, and trial. Could not sleep well, kept waking up to odd sounds or another waking. Their movement wakes me if not up already, though strangely no one else has problems sleeping. The sky is lit when I wake, guess no hunting today. At least I'm still the first awake, though Chun looks quite happy.

The men are waking when Chun and Bia suckle on me. I can't help feeling embarrassed about them watching me get relief. At least nobody says anything while sergeant gets the fire going. Once Chun and Bia finish I get dressed and sit next to the fire.

"No hunting today?" I sigh and shake my head.

"Coney are easy before sky is lit, after can take spell. If need be Elan and I will hunt in evening, though town coming up, I reckon we can buy meat." Dan nudges me.

"What do we do if our target boarded the train?" I sigh and shrug.

"Board train and ask at each stop if they stopped."

"Marshal if the train is there hold it, you can ask the ticket man if they got tickets or boarded." Both marshals nod, Dan then turns to sergeant.

"Sergeant there will be a saloon, perhaps a hotel. You will find out if we can get rooms, multiple beds since our gals are for multiple men." Sergeant nods then shrugs.

"Seems best I go with marshals and find out if we need them." Dan nods though Cucaracha says something.

"Perhaps better to have sergeant stay with injun so he doesn't find the bottom of bottles." We all laugh though sergeant swats Cucaracha.

"Janet you will go with Chun, Bia, Bipin, and Elan to store and get supplies. I'll come along presently." I nod at Dan then a thought comes and I swat him.

"I only have a couple dollars and a small mess of pennies left." Dan sighs.

"That should be enough unless you buy out the supply of chocolate." Chun and Bia are laughing, I just don't get it.

"Why would I do that?" Dan shrugs though sergeant is laughing.

"Other women hold to chocolate being the prime food. You are different Janet but we already spoke on that."

I open my mouth to say something then Chun puts a plate in my hands. I forget what I was going to say, powerful hunger. Been smelling the cooking for a spell and been drooling a bit. We have egg with baked beans and jerky wrapped up in tortilla. Shortly after everyone else is getting plates and no talking, we are all enjoying our vittles.

Once we finish our vittles we get going on packing up. Takes longer today because of the dead men, the horses don't seem happy either. Course the bodies don't bend well any longer, too cold. A few of them the dead end up tied to the saddle and sticking out straight. Rather funny to see though the dead will thaw and end up bent over the poor horse.

Finally on our way and it starts to snow again. I look up and groan, this is bad, constant snow means no tracking until we can see them.

"It could be worse, plenty of snow means they will hole up." Dan has a point, there is one thing though.

"If they have a place, how did the poster end up in Kansas City?" The marshals groan.

"They have been going across the country, we got it sent to the courthouse. If it's any consolation you two were asked for." I look at Dan and he's grinning.

"See, they don't hate injuns that much." Sergeant snorts and shakes his head.

"Ach lad be thinking the opposite, they sent us orders on what to do if the Apache give us trouble. It involves dynamite and not for clearing stumps."

I think we all end up staring at sergeant for a spell. That is so not something we wanted to know. He probably wasn't supposed to share either, not likely to be done at this reservation, but others it probably would. Just keep right on riding with nobody talking. Not much to say anyway, if the man left path we won't know.

Still chances are best they went straight to this town. Likely not rob here, towns with train can send word and the lawmen ahead will know to watch for them. This is bad thing, gangs tend to avoid that as much as possible. Usually the reason for them moving about, to get away from the wanted poster.

Then the next town comes into view and it's big. Extends along both sides of the rail with several stores. Can see the train station, taller building with a water tower for the train. There are three tall buildings, at least one has to be a saloon. The other two are either more saloons or a hotel though there is one thing.

"Dan would a place of that size need two saloons or hotels?" Dan sighs.

"No, and the nearness to each other isn't so good."

"Perhaps one is a whorehouse." Look over at the marshal a bit then shrug.

"Perhaps but whorehouse not needed that tall. Seems odd to have three tall buildings, don't reckon they have more people visiting than we do."

"Courthouse?" Look at sergeant then turn to look at marshal who shakes his head.

"Not here no, the big law town is north and west of us."

Well call this confusing but we fall quiet again. Doesn't take us all that long to make it to the edge of town. Get met by a deputy and the undertaker, someone noticed and fetched which I'm thankful about. Smile at the undertaker, I'm sure ready to get rid of the dead. Then Dan is hopping off his horse and waving at me so I hand the reins to Elan and hop down to trot over.

"Afternoon sheriff." He looks at me as I stop next to Dan. "Best to keep your Mexicans on a short leash, they aren't liked here."

"I'm Cherokee..." Would have more to say just Dan puts hand over my mouth.

"Hush Janet. The dead we got here is a gang, unsure on if there are posters for them but we do have five bags of bank money and a wallet from probably a bank manager."

"Well now, got reports on bank robbers and key members to watch for. I reckon you got one of those at least." Tired of standing here with hand on mouth I stomp on Dan's foot.

"We are tracking a gang of eight, two Mohawk are with. We have a poster for one but you probably would have noticed because they are injun like me. Not Mexicans but round eye never able tell difference anyway." Deputy scratches at head then spits on ground.

"Ayup, they rode through eight like you said, except there was three dark skinned." Dan sighs and heads for the marshal so I guess I'll ask.

"Did they have short hair?"

"I reckon so, why does that matter?"

"That matters because if they have turned back on great spirit then easier slaughter for us." Deputy looks a little perplexed with that then Dan comes back.

"Best to not question Janet, she has the oddest reasoning. Do you know which way they went out of town?"

"They kept heading west, stopped in the store and went. I reckon they know you are after them." I think about that then shake my head.

"They move fast because they know the posters are up back east. Robbed a bank two towns back so they are not hurting on money for a spell." Dan scoots me toward pinto.

"Go on to the store and take sergeant with you."

Grumble a little but head for pinto and hop up. Collecting sergeant I also get Chun and Bia then Elan and Bipin are coming along. Finding the store is easy, it's a big building on this side of the rail. The sheriff's office is across the path and just a little farther is where the train stops so the passengers get off at the sheriff's.

Rather good set up similar to the one we have. Also judging by how the sheriff's is a new building recently done. Then we are going into the store and I'm a little awestruck. There are clothes and dresses hanging covering up the initial view. Farther in we go then I notice that some of the dresses are not two pieces.

This is not something I have seen before except when I was young and with my tribe. Going through the dresses I can't help jumping for joy. I have found one that besides being white with yellow spots that faintly resemble flowers, I would have worn it. Pull that out then follow Chun and Bia over to the candy.

Chun points out these brown squares that look odd. Doesn't really look that appetizing to me but then many things don't at first either. Chun whistles to get the store man to appear. He comes over with a smile then notices me and Bia.

"Here now, I don't serve no stinking Mexicans."

To call me upset is an understatement. I start berating him in Tsalagi rather loudly. Swiftly I advance to opening up my coat and putting hands to my Colts. The store man gets very white and is saying something that I don't hear because I'm still hollering. Then sergeant appears in front of me waving his hand.

"Calm down Janet, there are no injuns living round here so all they know is Mexicans." Fix a glare on sergeant.

"Next person who calls me Mexican is being shot."

"Can't be allowing that to happen." Turn to the door and spot an older man wearing the badge of sheriff.

"Allow or not it will still happen." He puts his hand to his revolver, older larger revolver like I used to use.

"Put your revolvers on the counter there and come with me, you are sitting in a cell until the rest of your gang is leaving." Sergeant stands up tall and sucks in a breath to talk, I just charge.

After two steps I have pulled the Bowie. At four steps he is starting to pull his revolver and looking a bit whiter. Mostly this is because at five steps I leap and run right into him up high at his chest. Overbalances him and we are both going down, I'm holding on to his shirt with the Bowie held high.

He's still pulling his revolver so I bring the Bowie down and caress his cheek with it. There is a clatter as the revolver is let go and falls to the floor.

"Sheriff, I am Cherokee Janet, sworn deputy, married to the sheriff of our town. I am also the best tracker known to round eye. This is simple, you will say no more on allow or not. You will leave here and tell everyone in this town injuns are riding after a gang with marshals and cavalry. If I am called Mexican again there will be slaughter. I do not like Mexicans, they have forgotten their past" Dan comes to the door and whistles so I look up at him.

"Janet get up, you are being rude."

"They keep calling me Mexican, Dan." Dan sighs then glares at me so I get up and put Bowie away.

While I head back to store man who has gotten quite interested in getting what we want, Dan helps sheriff up. In short order we have all of the things we needed to get. While I pay for everything, Dan has not come back yet, everybody else gets our purchases out to the horses. Exiting the store minus a dollar and half my pennies I find everyone else waiting.

Riding out is a little strange, there are people here and there watching us exit the town. Not a one says anything to us. They do talk to each other however as we go past. It is all rather odd behavior but none of my concern. I'm just trying to track down a gang and we have talk that they have gone west.

Finally we are past the town and everybody relaxes around me. I guess they were expecting me to provide a slaughter. Then Dan moves in closer to me.

"Janet they came through yesterday in the afternoon." Just look at Dan a spell.

"That likely means they have a place to hole up nearby."

"Unless they are casing the town to rob." That pulls a snort out of me.

"If they were casing they would have stayed in town. Hotel means they can watch over town from inside. This good area to hole up for a spell and let fervor die on hunt." Dan stares at me until one of the marshals opens his mouth.

"So we are almost done?"

"Maybe, depends on if we can find the hole they found to hide in."

"Wouldn't they leave a look out like the last gang?"

"Not likely, this gang old hand at this, lookout only be seen when they wait on posse to catch up. Last lookout was easily seen from road, lookout for them likely will stay hidden unless we ride for the house."

"Mayhap we can catch up before they find their hole." That pulls a sigh out of me.

"Dan how often do we catch someone before they are at their hideout when they get days of a head start?"

Dan groans and shakes his head. Nobody asks so I guess it was evident, we have never caught anyone before then when they have a head start. Half the time finding the hide out is the hard part. Not because they conceal it so well that you don't think it's big enough. Usually said hide out is a house in a ravine or a cave.

Neither is a good idea, ravines have water coursing through on a semi regular basis. Caves are typically homes for animals, and not all of them are small. Snakes tend to avoid caves at least though bugs are so common it's hard to not step on them half the time. Then there are the bats, which brings to mind one of our hunts ending in a cave.

"Dan remember the bat cave?" Dan snorts then he's laughing, I'm laughing along with him.

"That was the funniest capture." Everybody is staring at us until I snort and wave around.

"Watch around for houses that are not active farms. I'll tell the story though probably in one of those penny novels."

Flashback time, hey don't look at me like that they were around in the wild west. I'm serious here, they were found in Arabian Nights which is older, trust me. Oh fine don't trust me go look it up then come back and read the flashback, do it fast I'm not waiting that long.

**

Dan is behind me muttering along. Not that I blame him all that much this is the third cave we have checked. The second I got us out quick, it wasn't so much a cave as a dug camp for a tribe. Luckily they were not there, probably use it for a winter retreat. As we approach this third cave I hear voices from inside so wave my hand at Dan.

He quiets down right quick which is good because I'm getting close to the cave. Entreating the great spirit for assistance I move up to the entrance and get shot at. The man is using a blunderbuss so it is really loud and sends a cloud of broken rock and dirt up. I had ducked back at the click since I knew the sound.

Shouts from inside the cave and footsteps as they come running for the entrance. Then I realize there is another sound, bats chirping and flapping around. More screams and shots ring out then the bats are coming out of the cave. The men inside following along before falling to the ground still screaming.

I'm just laughing because if you just fall to the ground and stay you get left alone by the bats. These men though seem to be afraid of the bats. We're both laughing as we go along and cuff up the men. Luckily for them the poster is better pay for alive so we just cuff them. I then go into the cave to round up their supplies.

Get to bring out their horses. Luckily for the horses they had hoods on because they will fright at bats swarming in a panic. Even better these horses seem to know Tsalagi because I sing to them and they calm right down then follow. Once I've gotten everything out we laugh some more because most of the men need to clean pants.

**

Everybody is laughing as we find a good spot to make camp. Cucaracha shows off a bit, he has binoculars so we look around in the fading light. Find two farms off in the distance and nothing else lit up. There are however hills in the distance and a house that is not lit up. We will check out the house in the morning then head for the hills.

I'm looking forward to tonight, I'll be able to sleep. Finished with the rub down we head over to sit around the fire. After a moment I swat Dan because it occurs to me we may have gotten wanted men.

"Did they have posters on the dead?"

"No idea, we checked the map and the likely town with the bank that was robbed by them does not have a telegraph. Sent a message ahead, the money and wallet will head down with the train. If we get a reward for doing that it likely will be waiting for us in Longwood."

"Mean time I'm low on dollars and pennies." Dan sighs and looks up for a moment.

"You are ready to go find them and get your slaughter though." I shake my head.

"Good area to stop and hole up, not only area. Possible they have different place."

"Aren't we close enough to see them?" Just stare at marshal a spell.

"They came through last town yesterday. If they holed up in this area we will find tomorrow. If they did not we lose ground because we will look. The house is likely spot and the hills, easy thing to hide in hills."

"What if they went to one of the farms?"

"No, if they go to farm they are known in town and deputy would have said." Dan sighs then shrugs.

"Not always, sometimes they pay the law to look the other way on things not in town." Just stare at Dan a spell, sergeant asks for me.

"Ach lad share the tale, Janet looks ready to just up and burst." Dan looks at me and grins.

"I've not done that, heard tell while avoiding the conscripters. Before I met you Janet, after there was no reason to do anything but track down lawbreakers." Shrug at that.

"I reckon I'd be good at robbing as well."

"That you would lass, but then you wouldn't have met us either, robbing is a sure fire way of being shot down." Look at Sergeant a moment and giggle.

"Sergeant not mind well, I get shot at plenty. I'm still here, the great spirit has a need for me to stay right here I reckon."

Nobody seems to have anything to say to that then Chun is handing out vittles. I get the first plate, not real sure why. All I can reckon is she wants me to shush, or most likely get to the roll fast so we can sleep. I can't tell which I want more, the roll or sleep, suppose since I didn't sleep well with the dead and we only just got rid of them.

Special treat tonight, Chun got chicken, cut up already so it is dropped in stew. We each get a piece of chicken with stew and a hunk of cornbread. Good vittles is a right proper way to end the day, well at least with a good roll tossed in. Dan seems to agree with me, he is the first to get us heading for our bedroll.

In no time we are both laid bare and getting under the covers fast. Then I have fingers pressing to get in so part my legs a little more and moan. Then Dan is kissing me, I can't not do it so reach down and grab his equipment and rub a bit. I really want my husband inside of me, right now if you please, then Dan is moving atop me.

Legs spread that little bit extra to make room for him then he comes to me as my husband. Don't get a fast seeing to, Dan wants to do a slower loving and I'm enjoying it quite well. So well in fact that I reach stars in no time and voice my enjoyment to the stars, and my husband until he comes in and kisses me.

Got a little noisy so I'm rather thankful to Dan for quieting me. Not that he slows down, he just keeps right on moving. I'm liking this, he's going to see to his own stars. Seems like all time and no time later I reach stars again, with Dan this time. There I lay under my husband being filled with him and seeing stars, fairly sure Chun finds stars at the same time.

Seems I got a little lost there, next thing I know I'm curled up on Dan, can hear Chun and Bia enjoying a roll still so I wasn't gone that long. Still that is a little odd for me, then I can't help the squeak and moving up to kiss Dan. Perchance Dan put a daughter in me this night, deep down I know it doesn't feel like when it happens but I'm still thinking that very thing.

"What was that for?"

"Got a little lost while you filled me, reckon that maybe I'm a good wife and providing you with a daughter now." Dan sighs and pulls me up for a longer kiss.

"I got all the woman I want in you. Not saying a daughter would be bad, that would be powerful good, though we have a granddaughter." I sigh and snuggle closer getting Dan to chuckle. "I'm not happy to have one either, though I am happy to have one." I giggle and look up.

"Coyote has us both by the tail."

"Well go to sleep, we are doing a slaughter tomorrow."

Just snuggle up to Dan then, we may do a slaughter though chances are even we don't. There's no telling if they have a hole around here or just kept right on going. I can't figure out which I want to be true. One side getting the hunt over means a return to Balik, other side a longer hunt would be nice, most of the ones we had were over in a week or thereabouts.

emap
emap
237 Followers