Longwood Second Hunt Day 13-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"The marshals were sharing what you said about tracking a gang after a robbery." Nod and look at Gwen.

"If you after gang with head start they not always know you after so just keep doing what they do. In our case we came up on a town they robbed the bank. So after rob they leave not on path then split up. What do is hop off horse and get down to pick out heaviest horse and follow that."

"Why the heaviest horse?" Smile at Gwen for ask, good question.

"Heaviest horse cause that is money horse. Money horse always go fast so no slow down to walk with horse. Important since is possible to get lost when the bandit get off horse and walk, not always leave print. Money horse always leave print and they all join again, sometimes take a spell so best to follow the money they will all go to money eventually." Gwen nods and smiles.

"Good to know, course if we get bounty on gang I reckon I'll just grab Martin and come get you."

"Could always just grab some Apache, they have many warrior no blooded. Young warrior not all think can do anything. Come I'll introduce you to chief and you can come get Apache, always get one blooded with the not and soldiers."

"Bipin said there are five chief here." Look over at Jane and nod.

"Have met all, closest chief though know well. If you come talk to him he can send runner to collect men from all tribe if want. Get you posse with little trouble, captain reckon would issue rifle to them so no need to worry on that. Naught else just ask Dan for some, we got a bunch for posse."

We are getting close to fort and see two men up there sitting guard so wave. Get a wave back then he disappear for short spell so reckon he is calling out our approach. Odd then, three soldier come out of fort and head our way with rifle. Gwen and Jane are look at me and have to shrug, not know why this happen.

The soldiers get closer then array around is. Rifle not point at but are held ready to move to that at moment notice.

"What's in the bag injun?" Look at the speaker then look him up and down and snort.

"You must be new, am Cherokee Janet, sworn deputy of Longwood, best tracker known to round eye and two beats short of killing you proper for bothering us." He leers at me, isn't that the oddest.

"Like some injun can take me."

Sigh and put Balik down, then yell loud as can for sergeant and captain. Fool looks a mite worried when sergeant and captain come out of fort. Sergeant is running fast, captain has leaned against the fort wall to laugh. Sergeant storm up yelling until wave hand and point, somehow Balik not awake.

"Sergeant, may kill this one?' Sergeant pales and shakes his head.

"Rather you not kill, but take him down a notch since you will anyway." He turns to the other two. "You two move over there and watch, mind get worse if you take offense so just watch."

Hand Balik to Gwen and usher them over away from behind since fool will try and shoot. Then turn back to him and smile.

"You heard sergeant, get to do what wish. Try and shoot if'n you reckon can, won't matter."

He snorts at that, so pull Bowie slow and hold it up with big smile. Rifle start to move so I move, right where rifle going then under to click. Giggle since he never loaded the rifle then am running in to him and put foot behind. He fall with cry then am on top and Bowie held out above his face.

"Since you not know different, Cherokee do not take scalp. Am sure you have heard of being scalped. Cherokee no scalp, they take the man vittles. No kill you so can take your vittles and still listen to sergeant." He turns white and look at sergeant.

"God sir you can't let the injun do that." Sergeant snorts.

"Cherokee Janet is better than she says. Twenty men shoot at her and she just kill them all. This whole fort could come out to try and stop her, we would all be dead. Injun are not weak little things you respect or die. Go ahead Janet take his vittles." Grin at sergeant, he seems to be enjoying this.

Turn back to fool and wave Bowie around then press to his face, gentle like and slide downward. He trembles plenty then am at chest, he groan and have smell, he used outhouse in his pants. Snort and get up putting away knife.

"You ain't taking my vittles?" Snort and shake my head.

"Take man vittles is only done to powerful warrior after take down in battle. You not even warrior, surprised cavalry take you."

Turn back on and head for sergeant who smile at me then head past toward fool. Collect Balik and head on for fort where captain still laughing. He collect himself a little when we get up there and smiles at us then beckons us inside the fort.

"Rather do the talking in my office, sergeant going to do some screaming would warrant."

We all follow captain for his office. Building with his office is quite large and has doors recognize as for the vittle building. Office though is different door and has windows. Inside is roomy enough and he has a few things asides desk, a chest of drawers and a cabinet that look to have his whiskey, that sergeant like as not drinks often.

"What brings you out here Janet?"

"Jane here is wanting to marshal and wants man to do marshal with. She no fit with the two we had so figure why not come and see if any soldiers fit. Gwen is marshal with Martin, just found out with child and wanted to ask on. I brought her along to speak with chief so can collect Apache to make posse when going after a gang." Captain nods and smiles.

"Reckon those are good reasons. Do apologize about those three, young recruits who take orders to seriously and no respect." Nod and shrug.

"Reckon work better this way than the novels. In those am a round eye who prays." Captain snorts and nods.

"Sergeant shared those with me, swears he will speak the right on you along with novels." Giggle then recall what say so figure on asking.

"Gave order they should go out and surround gals walking up from town?" Captain sighs and shakes his head.

"No, simply said they need to pay attention to anyone approaching the fort with bags. Seems someone has noticed the orders on us are a little one sided so now am to protect Apache from anyone seeking to cause harm. Bags would allow them to bring in something that would, dynamite being the obvious. Also can be filled with whiskey, reckon no concern here since most to all head over into town and do sometimes get a beer." Frown at that one.

"Not supposed to happen, sergeant was saying if we get into whiskey we are to be shot."

"I get leeway on that and an occasional beer harms none, asides perhaps the injun. Heard tales on you and drink." Sigh and shake head.

"Have new one suppose, got shot getting the last of the gang. Doc cleaned me out, gave me some whiskey so stop hurting had three swallow and pass out." Captain laughs.

"Honest I wish sergeant was like that, he has call to come in here most of the day and seems to always have a swallow of my whiskey."

"Am wondering why your office part of vittles building." Captain laughs and shakes his head.

"This is the mess hall and office. We have dances in the hall as well, office is here since didn't seem fitting to have a separate building just for an office." Nod and smile at that.

"Make sense. Oh spoke to Sarah finally, she say she try ride out with sergeant so need to up his provisions from here."

"Good, she worry so when he is gone. Not that there needs to be, you attract the bullets and all but one miss. Do hope you retire afore the one gets to the dead spot."

"Honest, only been shot three times afore Longwood, twice since. Reckon is the added people, Great Spirit find hard track me in all of them." Captain chuckles and hops up.

"Well since I got naught to do at the moment and you fixing to see chief, I'll walk along. Jane do you wish meet chief or get a guide for this fort and next?" Jane looks over at me looking a little torn.

"Go on and meet the soldiers, sergeant said most can just up and quit so find a fitting man for you. Gwen can help on his getting marshal badge then you are marshal wife like Gwen." Gwen nods so Jane smiles and hops up.

"Would like the guide." Captain nods and smiles so poke him.

"Candice and Celeste like you so no getting married to someone else."

Captain tosses up hands then head for his door. We follow along giggling then outside where he whistle and have a man run up quick. Captain issues orders to man who then smile at Jane then leads her off. Rather get the feeling he want to bed Jane, which is good sign would reckon. That out of the way we head for the inner door.

Not exactly inner door but fort mark edge of reservation. Had to ask town on if mind them this close. Not a soul said against, even the two ladies who lost husbands to Apache. Little like different world now, there are teepee set up all over. One house off in distance, Bea live there with her husband and the farm land extending out behind.

Sparks a thought, will have to ask Bea how to do farm. Not need a big farm since Bea has big farm and canned. Will need farm for herbs however. Not to mention all the things we will need to buy, pulls a sigh out of me.

"What brought that on?" Look over at Captain and smile.

"We get house, sheriff and deputy house but will have house so can cook for Dan. Will need to farm for herbs so need learn how do that. Also mind on all the things need buy to put in house afore we can live there." Captain snorts and shakes his head.

"The herbs you do need to worry about, the things to put in the town will handle I warrant. I'll talk to Sally and see if she has assigned purchases to anyone." Look at Gwen.

'Why would the town put in the things needed for house?' Gwen snorts.

"Sheriff and deputy house Janet, means they need to buy everything so stay when you decide to not be there anymore." Nod and giggle at that.

"No think of that."

Then we are at chief teepee, chief sitting outside smoking afore small fire. He smile and wave at us then pull over rugs to toss on snow. We all move up and sit as chief turn to say something to Leotie. She come out and smile at me then move to sit besides chief.

"Welcome Janet, captain, and friend. Is this social or problem?" Wink at Leotie who grins back.

"Problem chief, Dan suspect not his Balik so need to return to his father." Chief groans and Leotie snorts then starts smacking chief.

"Thank you Janet, he been good. More fun to smack on occasion." I join Leotie in the giggling.

"Here so you can meet Gwen, sister to Sally and now with child from Martin. He is marshal in Kansas City, bring her to meet so can come ask for warriors to hunt for gang like I do." Chief nod and smile.

"Is good, you no get bounty often. Our young warriors worried since no more battles so no get blooded. Been thinking make easier to get blooded but no sure go over well." Nod and sigh.

"Only blooded after kill man is not good blooded but then understand, getting blood out not same." Chief nods.

"Is not nice to do but must, not so much anymore so bounty hunt big help. Gwen make sure to tell other marshal welcome to come ask for help, but only on wanted dead. If wanted alive our warriors not care and may shoot anyway." Gwen nods and smiles.

"Been plenty of bounty of late, reckon the southerners gave up on stay there and come this way with no coin so rob instead." Chief nod and shrug.

"Understand need to move but not the rob."

"I no get either, and in bible to not rob, but still they do, plus what do to us injun." Captain sighs and puts up his hand.

"Most of us are perfectly fine, some of the young aside. To be honest I'm starting to think your spirits and circle are the right way to go." I shake head.

"Wife raids captain. Not always gentle and those are not right, yet are right. No like but see point to. Reckon closer to all religion have good and bad parts, like all people." Chief nod and hold out pipe.

"Want some?" I shake my head, captain take and look at pipe a short spell.

"Is this that weird herb you had again or regular?" Chief snorts and chuckles.

"Just tobacco, was not suppose to use that just had no tobacco and wanted smoke." Chief look over at us and grins. "The herb make hungry so we went into fort and made them give us biscuits." Gwen and I are giggling now.

"Sorry I missed that. Have another gal with, trying to find soldier to marry and take off to marshal. Her name is Jane though she is going to go by Cherokee Jane. Taller and round eye with brown hair." Chief nod and smile.

"Good name, reckon you are teach how?" Nod and smile.

"Teach her and Gwen here, did not teach well the first time so making sure she know all of." chief nods and smiles.

"Much left?" Shake my head.

"Unless take them both off to forest they are taught about as well as need. Don't recon they need to learn sly move either." Chief ponders a moment then shakes head.

"No need teach us anymore, do anyway part of old way and important."

"Already tell Dan, will teach Balik my way and he teach his. Put between worlds and work for me."

"Wish was younger, would go find marshal to give roll to like Gwen and Jane." Snort and giggle at chief face.

"Reckon may not like the marshal that are there now. Jane not like the two had along afore she join. Mind both were nice look though no talk much to me." Gwen snorts.

"Janet you don't talk much to anyone asides Dan except when asked." Shrug and grin.

"Dan is husband, supposed to be all I see." Gwen snorts and all stare at me so sigh and shrug. "Granted not possible for me would reckon. Dan said he wants me to whore again so will. Not for a spell when ready to have babe put within so have Dan babe. At least until have babe then whore much as can stand. Dan not sure can meet needs for then." Plenty of nods and captain is smile.

"Good, I only had you the one time when with child and behind was not a position I liked." Shrug at captain.

"I no like either but was only one could do to not hurt Balik." Elan springs to mind so turn back to chief.

"Who daughter is Elan bond with now that blooded?" Chief snorts and shakes his head.

"No have daughter, far chief daughter is for Elan, though Elan was my tribe." Nod and smile.

"Good, Bia is thinking of trying go to Cherokee reservation for husband. Reckon good idea to trade letters with chiefs see if possible." Chief ponders and nods.

"Not sure will work but worth shot, we run low on not related." Captain sighs.

"Can fit another tribe but no more and may overtax what we have if the state manages to take away that stretch on the far side. Not real sure we will get another tribe, state seems determined to get that stretch and would warrant there are bribes happening because seems close to going to happen." Chief sighs and shakes his head.

"Will write letter to Cherokee reservation and other Apache, most Apache want come here since we can farm and have cows. If can take single in tribe get better and we have more babes." Captain nods.

"I'll send letters to the other reservations, they are supposed to allow the women to walk just don't seem to be." Leotie looks up and smiles.

"Are you staying for lunch?" Sigh and shake my head.

"Should get back, trying learn how to do round eye vittles and should get Balik inside."

We bid goodbye and head back for the fort. Leave captain there and find that Jane has gone for other fort. Ponder a bit on if Jane is being too particular on husband. Not able to reach decision so when we turn up street to reach saloon I ask Gwen.

"Gwen do you reckon Jane being too particular on husband?" Gwen snorts and shakes her head.

"For us it's not if can be a good roll, we need to see something else." Ponder that a moment.

"So Martin was more than just a good roll?"

"Well yes, he talked to me too, you didn't pay attention to it but he was very sweet." We turn to go in to the saloon.

"Dan not just a good roll, Dan is nice to unlike most round eye. Seem to them am just a injun, some have other things to say on. None good and honest is a wonder no bounty on me, was not always ignore the bad things said." Dan comes over and puts arms around.

"Janet what are you two talking on?" Look up at Dan.

"Jane is looking for husband at second fort. Was asking if make her particular so we start talking on why Gwen with Martin. So had to talk about how you more than just good roll." Dan snorts then am getting kiss.

"Well good to know, also there are two grandparents here to meet their grandson." Beam at Dan.

"Have they met Chad?" Dan nods.

"Met Chad, Bonita, and Sashi. Took some explaining on why they are great grandparents." Sigh and shake head.

"Not like to be grandparent, and do like to be grandparent." Dan snorts then propels us toward a table.

At table is Bonita holding Sashi, Sally, and two people I no know. The man stand up as we approach which is new. Usual no man stand up when come toward table, being whore or not. Do know is proper when gal come to table for fellas to stand, just never with me. This man is tall like Dan, little taller would reckon.

His hair is brown just like Dan, even cut same. Course this man have grey in hair and does bear a resemblance. The woman has smile and hair up under bonnet. Notice has wrinkle so wife of man like Dan. Also look ready to reach out and hold me or Balik. Dan seem agree get guided over toward her so put Balik down and pull out.

Eyes light up when hand Balik over to woman. She is all smile now and rocking him a little. Dan has me sit in chair next to her. Then he sit and other man sit, this is all so new and a little scary since no know if man will be nice or not.

"Since we have lost Sarah for a spell I reckon I'll do the talking. To be honest we read the newspaper and letters Dan sent, just never believed he was with you. The newspaper painted you different than what Dan said." Well now I'm plum confused so look at Dan.

"I put in my letters that you are a wonderful gal and nice. The newspaper put it closer to you being like a wild animal set loose on the bounty." Well still plum confused.

"Dan you read me the newspaper, I thought they had it about right." Get two chuckles at the table.

"Newspaper only showed one side of you. Admit there are times you are scary, mostly during shoot out rest of time you are wonderful woman." Smile at Dan and lean against.

"Dan want give roll." Dan snorts and put arm around, reckon this good enough for now.

"Make sure you have enough left for me, you said you would whore again, the hotel is being built still so the crew will come in for roll and food later." Nod then look up at Dan.

"Where is our house going?"

"Our house will go up direct across from eatery. Hotel going up next to eatery so the guests will feel a little safer." Nod and reckon as to how that is a good thought then look over at Sally.

"Sally you assign buy duties to everyone on the things in our house yet?" Sally snorts and shakes her head.

"Figure on seeing captain later to ask that very same. Wanted to wait for you two so can learn on what you be wanting."

"Honest I would like Cherokee plate. Just no reckon they are made like the china" Sally shakes her head.

"Talked to Andrew and got a full report on what we can order. In china you can get green, blue, and red. No one has gotten the red here so far, is new." Look up at Dan, he looks back and sighs.

"I reckon we want the red. Janet you got any particulars on the furniture?" Shake my head.

"Only want silk sheet, after is so long as we have."

"Reckon you no mind the dark furniture?" Ponder on a moment then shrug.

"Depend, is house dark or light?" Dan just look a spell then shrugs.

"No idea, not sure Sally know either, not being built." Well now am plum confused again.

"Not come dark or light?" Dan shakes his head.

"House come as just wood and they build it then stain to dark or light." Ponder on that a moment and smile.

emap
emap
237 Followers