Looking for Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,896 Followers

Sticking her head in her Human Resources director's office she asked him to do a search and see if there was anyone, anywhere in the company who had attended MIT. She knew that Frank was just shy of forty. He would have to have attended college somewhere between 1983 and 1988—give or take a year. She couldn't contact the University directly, but maybe she could find someone who knew a Frank Williams at MIT---her Frank Williams.

There were five such individuals in the company. One was a very recent graduate. One was in his late fifties. She began her search by calling the ones closest to Frank in age. As is often the case in Corporate America, she hit voice mail. She marked the message urgent. She was high enough in the company that it would be unlikely that her urgent message would be ignored---even if it was a Friday prior to a three day weekend. Just before she was ready to wrap up and leave, the phone rang---she had hit pay dirt. The person who had called her was a woman---with an ambiguous first name---much to her surprise. There weren't a lot of female MIT graduates back then. Janet described the Frank she knew feeling no obligation to explain her motives.

"I didn't know Frank Williams intimately, but I always wanted to." The women began, with a hint of wistful---almost sexual---longing. "He was two years ahead of me---well, sort of. Frank got his BS in Engineering in two years---probably a record even at MIT. He was brilliant---light years ahead of a pretty bright group of people. He completed a Masters---Physics, I think—in half the allotted time. He was Summa Cum Laude---as I recall, a perfect 4.0 average. Every big company in the country was hot on his trail. He played several intramural sports and was active in several clubs---mostly civic oriented---not party ones. I remember reading that he went into the Marines right after he got his Masters---what a waste." The woman, who while slightly older, was also junior in rank to Janet said---not realizing that she had just insulted another Marine. Janet let it pass---but she would not forget.

Since the female MIT grad had little more to tell he and Janet was not a chatty person, she ended the call fairly quickly. The phone rang again. This MIT grad had graduated before Frank and didn't know him---but knew of him from his alumni organization. He had little to add, other than to affirm that Franks stay at MIT had been near legendary. The last of the MIT grads that might have known Frank called as she was walking to the door. He knew Frank but seemed almost evasive.

"I know---knew—Frank quite well. I've, ah, sort of lost touch with him recently. We were also in the Marine Corps together—or at least at the same time. We did serve together in the Med and briefly ran into each other during Desert Storm. What, if I may ask is your interest in Frank Williams?" And with that, the phone grew silent.

This guy was pretty senior in the company---virtually a peer. She decided not to push the issue. She was opening a can of worms. She told her caller that she too was a Marine, gave a short bio of her time in the Corps and indicated that it had something to do with a Marine society that she was planning to join. He seemed to accept her answer and the call ended. If this guy still is in contact with Frank she hoped Frank didn't become offended if he discovered her snooping.

Janet drove home to her empty house. She had two large dogs gracing the large fenced back yard and a lady who came over repeatedly during the day to keep them company. It was a big house in a very nice neighborhood ---befitting her position. It was not your typical development. She had opted out of the typical corporate trophy neighborhood, opting instead for a couple of acres for the benefit of her beloved canines---a pair of large Dobermans.

She loved her home and the land around it which gave her a sense of freedom and privacy. If everything went as expected, she had one more move to go in her corporate ascent. Oddly, while this was the company's largest and most critical distribution center---and where she had chosen to place her office---the corporate headquarters was not here. It was in a small Midwestern town on the edge of a mid-size Midwestern city. It was the home to a number of well known and respected corporations---including some of their key customers. She had been there numerous times. She had worked there and loved the area---and looked forward to going back.

She wondered where Frank lived. Did he have pets? He seemed like a dog person---not, heaven forbid---a cat person. She wondered what he was doing at this very moment. She was becoming very fond of this mysterious man. Does he have a house—an apartment? Does he have a girl friend---something serious? He must go out---what does he do? Her feelings were, at this moment, not romantic---just very interested.

Could she be romantically interested in Frank? He was attractive. He was bright. He did things with his hands---built picnic tables. He seemed to give a shit about the right things—the important things. Why was their no Mrs. Frank Williams? Could he be gay? She didn't think so. He was very manly; Janet had long since tired of the overly sensitive Alan Alda types. She was a strong woman---physically and mentally---she was a God damned Marine! She liked strong men—but not macho shit heads. Frank did not seem to be one of those.

He worked with kids—poor kids. Instead of trying to act like a sensitive male he actually did things that demonstrated that he cared—that he was sensitive. He had not flirted with her—not even remotely. He'd never undressed her with his eyes. He had never shown a hint of inappropriate behavior. Maybe, she thought, I'm just the kind of woman he can't stand---too wrapped up in myself and my career. That's not who I am---not who I was raised to be---she mused. I know I'm better than that; I also know I haven't done a damned thing to show that side of me in a long time.

She awoke early on Saturday to prepare for the hour drive to the yacht club. She changed outfits several times. She finally settled on longish shorts and a polo shirt. With her height and exquisite long legs she looked good in anything. The shorts would have made many women look dumpy but her height precluded that. The polo shirt clearly demonstrated that she had breasts—quite attractive ones, actually---without giving anyone a peek at them. She wore a bathing suit underneath—a fashionable one piece that was neither lewd nor doughty. She arrived early and parked her car. She began her search for a familiar face---finding both of them fairly quickly.

Frank and Jack Middleton were in an earnest discussion about sixty yards away. Frank saw her and waved her over. Deciding to take the initiative as she approached the men she yelled out a hearty Semper Fi which was greeted with the expected ooh-rah as both men growled it in unison and broke out in wide grins. They all shook hands; Frank and Jack briefed her on the day's events and advised her on how she could be most helpful. As they parted, the older man took Janet's hand in both of his.

"Thank you so much for coming, Janet---it means a lot. I remember your presentation to the board a few months back---hell of a job. Frank will get you started here in the right direction; he'll take good care of you---take good care of him!" The last part delivered with a twinkle of the eyes.

As the Regatta progressed it was at times a bit of a gaggle. It was also the most rewarding thing she had done in memory. The sheer joy on the children's faces----their sense of accomplishment and wonder brought more than one tear to her eyes. She so hoped and prayed that they would touch many of these children and have an impact no matter how minor on their futures. She had been unofficially paired with Frank; she would often steal a glance at him—as much as anything to get pointers on what to do.

He was so patient—so caring—so comfortable in this environment. He never got irritated and never uttered a terse word. The children worshipped him, hung on his every word and worked their hardest to accomplish what was expected of them. He led his young charges with tenderness and love---always praising, never criticizing. He'd make a great father, she thought to herself---why isn't he one? Why wasn't she a mother? She loved children—wanted children. She had come to the sad realization that she would probably never have them.

They got through the morning Regatta with no serious mishaps. After a picnic lunch, all of the kids would get to go on a ride on a real sail boat. The Yacht club, or more correctly, the well heeled boat owners had provided a fleet of forty-one foot Morgans---each of which could easily accommodate fifteen to twenty kids. Two or three volunteers would crew each boat while two or more would tend to the kids on each yacht so no one got hurt or fell overboard.

Frank came over to her. "You did a fantastic job this morning!" He beamed. "You should make more time to have children around you. It suits you very nicely." He added softly.

Frank continued. "I'm going to captain one of the boats; it belongs to, ah, well hell I'm not really sure. Do you feel like signing on as first mate? We're not going to do anything too arduous, but we've got a decent breeze and should be able to a get a little plane---or at least as much as these tubs can handle. "

Janet knew that Morgans were not tubs---but nor were they terribly spirited boats. They were relatively easy motor sailors to handle and quite lady like. She got Frank's drift.

"Love to!" She replied. They acquired their two handlers and ushered the giggling children toward one of the wide beamed boats. Janet slipped out of shorts and began preparing the boat to sail. It had been a few years, but Janet had crewed this model boat and recalled what was expected of a first mate. Frank had stripped down to his bathing suit; Janet found it difficult not to steal an occasional glance in his direction. Frank could not have had an ounce of fat on him. He had broad shoulders and strong arms---muscular without being muscle bound. Great legs, she thought---oh, and a tight little tush!

Frank knew his way around this boat. They cast off and were quickly underway motoring out of the crowded yacht area. As they reached open water on the lake, they got under sail in the surprisingly stiff breeze and the children squealed with glee. They planned to take a long tack into the wind for maybe an hour---get the kids out of sight of land---then gibe back home deploying the spinnaker. Once the sails were deployed and trimmed, Janet's duties were minimal until they turned back to shore. She worked her way back to the captain's station and joined Frank next to the helm. The man belongs at the helm of this over priced toy, she thought to herself; a beautiful boat commanded by a beautiful man.

For the first time in her memory, Frank checked out her body. "That sure doesn't look like USMC issue, Lieutenant!" He said, teasingly.

"Sorry sir, it won't happen again sir!" Janet replied giving Frank a playful mock salute.

"Don't change your wardrobe on my account—there aren't many women I've ever met that do it justice the way you do." He replied, softly, with the first evidence in her memory of flirtation.

She liked the fact that he had finally flirted with her. She enjoyed his appreciative scrutiny of her lean well appointed body. She felt stirrings.

You don't look so bad yourself, Captain, sir, if I may be so bold." She responded, making no attempt to avoid flirtation.

Frank changed the topic, but never lost his delightful smile. "I got an interesting call last night from an old friend. He actually tracked me down through Jack. Seems like Nancy Drew has been checking up on me again." His calm, warm smile indicated no offense.

"I like to know as much as possible about our outstanding employees." She said. "Not to mention very mysterious and interesting men I meet in my daily travels." When she had used the phrase, interesting men, she knew she had crossed a threshold in her relationship with Frank. It was openly flirtatious---she found him interesting---and the smile that accompanied it had bordered on---was---a sexy smile.

"We're not at work here, Frank. So I'm going to pry---pry in a manner that would be inappropriate at the office. You got two degrees in something under four years from one of the toughest schools in the country---Summa cum laude no less." She began.

As she prepared to continue, she moved in closer to Frank---closer than she had ever been to him—probably closer than she had been to any man in a long time. The swell of her sleek hip touched his muscular thigh---skin to skin. She felt a jolt of electricity that she was completely unprepared for. The warmth of their body contact---welcomed warmth---almost made her lose her train of thought.

For the first time in ages she found herself intensely attracted to a man---this man---Frank Williams. She felt the rising heat and moisture emanating from her crotch. For way too long that heat and wetness had only resulted from her own nimble fingers caressing her own treasures.

She hadn't been laid since---shit! She couldn't remember---how pathetic. She wanted to fuck him. Had they been alone on the boat she probably would have gone to her knees and sucked his cock on the spot. It had been too long since she had taken a man in her mouth---tasted his salty essence. She wished they were alone so he could bend her over right there and have his way with her.

She had not had thoughts so carnal---so intensely erotic---in many years. Janet usually got her way---she got what she went after. She would make him fuck her. No, no, no---that's not what you want. You want more. You want him to make love to you---fairy tale love---passionate love---hot, long, wet, sticky---all consuming love. Does he want to fuck me? Is he thinking about my naked body---is he getting hard? With her well honed ability to focus—thanks to the Corps, in no small measure---she got back on track.

"Frank you have a first rate education. You're a decorated war hero---a Marine Major, for Christ's sake. You're one of the brightest, most interesting, most erudite men---people---I've met in a long time—ever. You have some very special friends---all of whom are very protective---caring---of you. I like you. I like you a lot. I can't remember the last man---person---I met that I wanted to get to know more than I want to know you. I desperately want to be your friend---have you as my friend---possibly more. This little girl is laying it out here---I'm way out on that limb—please don't saw it off. You at least owe me a glimpse into who the hell you really are."

Frank's eyes were moist. His gaze was warm, tender---affectionate. "Janet, you are a stunningly attractive woman; you're bright, charming and tough. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I am attracted to you---against my better judgment. I was the first time I saw you. As I watched you today, giving every ounce of the love in your heart to these wonderful children, it was all I could do not to take you in my arms and kiss you. Bluntly, I still intend to do that at the earliest possible opportunity. Get ready to come about and let out the spinnaker. When you get back, we'll talk. I have a lot to say to you—not all of it over the next hour on this damned boat."

Janet performed her required duties as they turned with the wind to their stern and headed back to shore. Oh, God, Janet thought. I'm falling---shit, I've fallen---for this man. He's attracted to me---certainly physically, lots of men are---but something more.

She trembled like a leaf as the absurd serendipity almost overwhelmed her. She had always believed, deep in the recesses of her heart—since she was twelve---that every little girl had her prince charming somewhere out there---he just had to find her, kiss her, awaken her---and they would live happily ever after. It doesn't happen in real life---does it? Could it? Was it about to happen to her---to them?

As she returned to Frank's position at the helm her USMC training was doing it's best to keep her on track. She stood very closely to him again; their bodies touched. The wonderful warmth of his skin against hers enveloped her. He put his arm around her waist. Had he wanted to caress her fine, taut young butt, she would have let him. He didn't, keeping the hand just above her hip.

Frank began. "I'm going to give you the bad stuff first---it's only bad because I have not told you the truth. It's also bad because I am not exactly who I appear to be. I would like you to consider---after you hear what I have to say---not sharing it at present. That's going to be your choice—your decision. You may feel obligated to share it—I both understand and respect that."

Frank handed her the wheel and moved to adjust the main sail. He returned to the helm, leaving it in her hands and continued. "You drive for a while---I'll talk. Jack Middleton and I are very good, very dear---very old friends. He was my dad's best friend in the world. He was at my christening---he is my godfather. After my dad died in an accident, Jack became like a father to me. My mother remarried; my step father was also a very loving man---I ended up with two dads to replace the one I had lost."

He paused, composing his thoughts and choosing his words carefully. "Janet, I went to work for Jack the day after I left active duty in the Marine Corps; I work for him to this day. I am the executive vice president of your single largest customer. If I want to, I'll take over as President and COO in short order. The current COO, age wise, is a peer of Jack's---he will retire in the next couple of years---possibly sooner. I am here for one simple reason—to spy on you and spy on your company. Before you kick my ass over board---let me tell you why."

Janet was too shocked to speak---too spellbound to interrupt. Frank continued.

"It is no secret that we have been looking to acquire or merge with a logistics company. You do most of our work; three or four other companies do the rest. Your company was always the leading candidate. Not only do you have most of our products in your supply chain---you have always handled those products better than anyone else. We maintained alternate avenues purely to keep our business relationship competitive---should anything ever go wrong at Global Partners. As we looked at your company, there were three possible reasons why you were head and shoulders above your competitors. First, you could have the best logistics system in the industry. Second you could have great people---lose key people and the whole thing falls apart. Third, it could be both—the best system and the best people."

Pausing again for a swig of water, he went on. "There is no room for an extended run up or feeling each other out in this potential merger or acquisition. If it fumbles the interruption in the delivery of our products---many of which as you know, have life or death implications---could ruin us and devastate our ultimate customers---and kill people. It has to be seamless---it has to work on day one. After pouring over boxes of crap from the analysts and consultants, I was still not satisfied---Jack was, but indulged me."

Another swig of water, then more of the saga. "First, I had to know. From my perspective, I had to get inside---not as an executive---but on the distribution floor. I needed to touch the system and touch the people. For the record, when I'm not working for you or doing things like this---I'm still the executive VP of my company. I telecommute a lot---but also log a lot of Citation time. Between the day I met you and the day you gave me the award---that would be last Thursday---I flew down to Dublin in the jet to work in my office---then back late that evening. It's only a thirty seven minutes flight. I live next to a private air strip and land five minutes from the office. It would involve several hours if I had to fly commercial. By the way, the $1,000 award was endorsed over to the Junior Regatta---it paid for lunch."

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,896 Followers