Lore of the Angels Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alecrire
Alecrire
291 Followers

"Alright children, play nice now," said Zilarrezko to the three of them. Getting up, he gave a polite nod as a dismissal. "We will meet again in two days. I would like an update by then."

"Yes Cardinal," they answered in unison.

***

When he came into her room later that night, Aria was pretending to sleep. She was in no mood for another session of sex and spite. The Archangel made her miserable.

"I know you're awake," he said into the darkened room.

"Go away."

"Technically, I can't. This is my home Aria."

She sat up in annoyance at the truth of the statement. "I don't want to have sex. I'm tired."

"Okay." He sat at the edge of her bed and looked straight at her; his silver eyes shining bright even in the dark. Then she saw something flicker in his eyes before they softened. "I'm going to let you go Aria..."

"What?" she asked in shock. "But... you know I will return to South America..."

"If you so wish," he replied. There was something in his voice that sounded almost... sad. They simply stared at each other for a very long time in silence. He didn't move from his position but Aria could feel his gentle hands stroking her cheeks --or maybe she imagined that.

She probably did because he got up a second later to walk over and lean by the window.

"Iluna's building an army. She's shrouded the entire area that borders my territory in Darkness."

"Why are you telling me this?" she asked; suspicious.

"Because you already know this."

Well, he had a point but Aria felt that he was trying to open up to her and tell her more.

"Are you afraid?" she asked carefully, watching him turn to look her in the eye. The moonlight against his face took her breath away. No, she decided, he was definitely not afraid.

"She is willing to sacrifice more innocent lives than me... so does that make me afraid?" he asked.

"But you know how to end this war... don't you?"

The question hung between them; a gulf pushing them far from each other. They both knew the answer but refused to acknowledge it.

"At the foot of your bed lie a few trinkets I bought in preparation for my plans tomorrow."

She gave him a puzzling look. "What's tomorrow?"

He ignored her question. "Be ready by sunrise and I will see you in my office."

Then he left.

The moment he was gone, Aria scrambled to the foot of her bed and peered down to see an Armani shopping bag resting on the floor. Just what in the world had he bought...

"Oh!" she let out a gasp as she pulled out a dress made out of the softest chiffon and silk. She couldn't quite tell the color in the dark but she had a feeling that it would be blue to complement her eyes and hair.

Folding the dress carefully, she put it back inside the shopping bag and hopped back to sleep.

What in the world did he have in mind for her tomorrow?

***

Just slightly before dawn, Aria took the bag and sneaked out of her room. Ever since their first sexathon in the pool, Zilarrezko had stopped putting a guard outside her door and instead gave her freedom to roam the top two floors of his building.

She was still a prisoner of course. The metal cuffs around her neck and ankles were always there whenever he was not around. As sadistic as it sounds, Aria didn't actually want to escape --not yet. Therefore, she found it strange that he was suddenly allowing her to go free.

The week she had spent with him had been enough for her to learn about him. When you're born to spy, you tend to pick up more things than others usually do.

Sighing to herself, she took out the dress from the bag and hung it on the hook in the bathroom beside the pool. She wouldn't really call it a bathroom for it was so spacious and luxurious; with a bathtub that could probably fit five people instead of one.

Wings are tricky business, she concluded. How many years does it take a baby angel to learn not to knock things over by accident? Or was it instinctive like how you won't swing your hands out when you walk?

Aria was still thinking over such trivial questions as she stepped out of the shower. Taking one of the towels from the rack, she dried herself and took a closer look in the mirror. Did this body really entice the Archangel so much? And this face... this sharp angular face? Did he really kiss it and call it beautiful?

"Yeah right," she told herself as she shimmied into a pair of dark blue panty. Apparently the Archangel also went lingerie shopping for her. "Don't get to chummy girl. He probably got someone to get these for me."

Although... Aria could see that effort had been put into picking out everything in the exact shade of blue as her pupils. Only Zilarrezko had been close enough to see the actual color of her eyes.

Blushing stupidly, she took the dress off the hook and slipped the gorgeous fabric over her body. She had no idea how he knew her exact size but Aria was sure that the Archangel made it his business to know every single thing that happens in his lands.

Smoothing her hands down the dress, Aria twirled once in front of the mirror. The halter neck dress flared beautifully and ended slightly above her knee. The color, the cut, the fabric --the perfect combination that made her feel flirty and girlish at the same time. That was not a common occurrence.

Picking up a brush lying on the vanity top, she began to comb her hair; smoothing out the tangles to reveal long, straight and sleek black hair glittered with blue strands. Peeking into the shopping bag, Aria was surprised to see that he even bought a complete set of make up for her --not that she minded but wasn't he going overboard with the spending?

Aria dolled herself in the best way she could and made her way to his office. The sun was just about to rise when she entered through the door.

He didn't say anything when she stepped inside but looked at her up and down then he frowned.

"Not those sandals. Come here," he said, moving to his desk. "Since I didn't touch your feet much, I wasn't quite sure of your size..."

He actually had an apologetic look on his face as he laid five boxes of the same shoes, only in different sizes, in front of her.

Aria couldn't help it --she laughed.

"It's a size nine," she told him and slipped into a pair of suede heels. They were soft and comfortable. "Aren't you going a little overboard Archangel?" she asked; worry crossed all over her face.

"I'm not done yet," he said, ignoring the look she gave him. "Close your eyes," he instructed.

She didn't protest this time and a second later, felt the cuff around her neck and ankles gone. In its place lay something soft against the skin of her chest.

"Okay you can open your eyes now."

Instinctively, she touched her neck and felt a metallic chain. It was a necklace weighed down by a pendant that was...

A single metallic feather.

She held it up and gasped when it reflected various shades of precious metals right before her eyes. The gift was so beautiful that she wanted to hide and cry.

She could not! She must not! There is no room to allow for feelings!

"Aria, we shall go now," he said, offering a hand to her... which she took.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Hush."

***

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Aria tried not to grumble. That was the second time he told her to close her eyes that morning. Ayns don't like having their eyes closed. It made them susceptible to being attacked and the sight that greeted her was akin to being stabbed straight to her heart.

"Niagara Falls..." she whispered.

"Yes," he replied, standing slightly closer behind her. "But you're not there yet."

"Wait... are you going to?"

"Yes," he grinned. It was too late to stop him now for he had scooped her up in his arms. The last time he did this, he had thrown her off the tallest building in New York. The Archangel might have creative ways to kill his enemies and throwing them into the Falls sure is one way.

Aria quickly wound her arms around his neck and held on for dear life. She'd always imagine what it was like to fly but now that she was actually in the air, she didn't like it --or maybe it was just because he was carrying her.

"We'll start from the source up at Lake Ontario and fly down along the border to the Falls itself."

"Then you're going to drop me?"

He managed to steal a kiss from her before saying, "Yes."

When she struggled against him, the Archangel tightened his hold on her and forced her to look down.

"What do you feel when you look at the water flowing?" he asked.

She closed her eyes and took in the scent of the cool fresh water before replying him. "I can hear the rush, the excitement... as though they're fishes swimming towards an end goal."

Zilarrezko smiled at her reply and flew lower until they were a few inches above the water.

"I thought you said you're going to drop me at the Falls?" she asked sarcastically. He bit her ear playfully in response.

"You can skim the water with your feet too you know," he told her. Looking down, she saw that the tip of his bare feet (magic metal shoes gone) cutting through the water.

"But the shoe will get wet."

"It'll dry."

Aria dipped an experimental foot down then yelped in surprise at the cool sensation. It was kind of like playing water ski except that you're being moved from above not in front.

"That was fun!"

"See..."

For the first time, they laughed together; his deep silky-sex voice intermingling with her throaty feminine ones.

When they realized this, both stopped immediately and looked away. The awkward moment left them in silence right until they reached the Falls itself. Aria could see the might of the crashing water a few feet beneath them.

Then she felt the sudden rush of wind as they both fell from the sky straight into the thundering Falls. She grabbed at him in fear --not for herself --for wings could easily be crushed under the weight of the rushing water. He must have sensed her distress for he held her tight and a moment later, she heard the sharp sound of blades cutting through water as the Archangel soared playfully along the Falls, soaking them both to the skin.

Aria was screaming then laughing then screaming again as he alternated between dipping low and swerving high with his powerful wings. It was only when her feet touched solid ground did she stop laughing/screaming --except that they weren't really on ground.

He landed them directly on a piece of jutting rock on top of the Falls. One wrong move and they could both fall into the deep abyss.

"You live dangerously Archangel," she told him.

"When you live a long life, danger is secondary."

He shouldn't have said that, she thought. It only reminded her that someday she would die... and he would live on forever.

"Archangel..." she whispered, cradling his face in her hands. "I will always remember this... thank you." She felt the single tear escape her eye as she kissed him. As he returned her kiss, his wings closed around them, forming a shield around their embrace.

Pulling away from the kiss, Zilarrezko looked deep into her eyes and felt lost in the whirlpool of blue surrounded by black. Taking her hand, he kissed her knuckles tenderly and whispered. "You've changed something inside of me Aria..."

She didn't know what to say to that and even if she did, she didn't get the chance to say it. He had already lifted her up and landed them on the New York side of the Falls.

"Thank you for allowing me to do this Aria."

"I'll always remember it."

He gave her a sad smile just before he sent a gust of wind in her direction. Aria didn't feel the cold but instead her clothes began to feel dry and her skin felt warmer.

"You're free now Valkyrie... you can go."

He didn't look at her when he said it and instead spread his wings to catch the breeze in his ascent.

***

Alecrire
Alecrire
291 Followers
12