Lost and Found Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LiveCat
LiveCat
1,048 Followers

'Is Jo really ok?' and those tears sprang into my eyes again.

'Yes Vicki, she's going to be fine. She's sleeping now but we've had to battle with her for the last 2 days to stop her coming in here and trying to wake you. She's very worried about you and she won't believe you're ok until she sees it for herself.'

'What happened?'

'When Dan arrived at the beach he couldn't find you but he heard Buster barking. He saw you trying to stay afloat with Jo and he called the RNLI who were there in a few minutes with a boat. They only just got there in time; you'd just lost the battle and were slipping under the water.'

'I thought she was dead.' And now the tears came in earnest as I remembered my heartbreak at losing the woman I loved so cruelly.

'She was breathing but it was very shallow; she had a lot of water in her lungs, as did you. I'm so sorry Vicki; I misjudged you for no good reason. I nearly lost my daughter and you saved her for me, for us all, but you know what -- I nearly lost her anyway just because I was too pig headed to allow her to do her own thing. Ironic really, all the time I wanted her to stay with Dan but if she'd been with him rather than with you she would've drowned -- he can't swim!'

She was grinning at me! I almost laughed but it hurt my ribs too much.

'I need to see her.'

'I know, and you will tomorrow I promise; right now you need to rest.'

She was right and within minutes I was once again oblivious to the world -- morphine is goods like that.

I was woken the next morning by a nurse bustling around me, changing my drip and checking my vitals; it's hard to sleep through the expanding of a blood pressure cuff and a thermometer being stuck in your ear.

I was clearer headed today and far more determined.

'I need to see Jo and I need to see her now.'

'Oooh someone's feeling better today!' smiled the nurse. 'She's clamouring to see you too so just sit tight for a minute and I'll see what I can do.'

I'm sure it was only a few minutes but it seemed like an eternity before the room to my door opened again and in walked Jo! She looked pale and was walking stiffly but my god she was the most gorgeous sight I had ever seen in my life.

She stopped just inside the door, looking at my battered form with an expression of pain and concern, but then she was moving again and in a few short steps she was by my side, her lips were on mine and our tears flowed together in an unrestrained outpouring of joy and relief.

I clutched her to me with my good arm, her solid form reassuring me that it was real, she was here and she was ok.

'Oh Jo I thought I'd lost you!' I sobbed, choking the words out as her kisses peppered my face.

'Vicki you saved my life Babe, how can I ever thank you?'

'I'm sure I'll think of something' I grinned at her 'but for now, just take me home Jo, take me home.'

LiveCat
LiveCat
1,048 Followers