Lost Angels Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ikay
Ikay
356 Followers

Bagging his booty he made his way back to the car. While he was still walking towards it he suddenly heard the growl of a car engine start. He looked at the Benz in surprise. It was silent. 'Then where...?' he began to wonder then the sudden roar he heard told him the car was behind him.

He whirled around to find two big headlights bearing down on him. There was no way he was going to get out of the way in time.

So he didn't. He jumped up instead and let the windscreen hit him instead of the radiator. He flipped over the speeding vehicle like an empty beer can and landed with a resounding thud on the road. He lay there, all the wind knocked out of his body. Luckily the car did not turn round for a second try but took off at top speed which was good because Caesar would not have been able to move again.

He sat up and groaned. He was not entirely upset though. He still had his findings and his torchlight lying on the ground, which hadn't smashed, had been pointing at the back of the retreating car. It was a Honda Accord and he had crammed the number.

Tony's Residence

02:16

Caesar looked closely at the knife." Hey, I think I have seen this knife before."

" Excuse me?" asked Alex.

" You have?" said Tony incredulously.

Once again the trio were assembled in Tony's end for a drink and a chat. Caesar had recounted what had happened to him that evening to their amazement and had given Tony the number of the car. They were now discussing the findings.

" Yes, this knife belongs to a set like the one I saw on the kitchen at your place, Alex. Isabelle uses knives like this."

" You must be very observant to notice that," said Tony impressed.

" Are you saying my girl might be involved?" demanded Alex.

" Stop saying childish things, Alex. Did you buy her the set she has?"

" Yes I did" he answered defensively.

" From where?"

" Karl super market. It's the only place in this town you can get such a set. .There were only three available then and they were sold out. I was just lucky enough to get one for Belle."

" Do they record such purchases?"

" Why not? It's a super market."

" Let's get there fast."

" Why?" asked Tony.

" I have an idea."

Karl Super Market, Kebby Central

02:09

Karl Super Market was very posh and very expensive. They catered only to oil workers and anyone in the upper echelon of society. Caesar remarked that he wasn't surprised that the locals wanted to castrate the workers. Alex called him a very rude name.

Tony flashed his I.D at the attendant and after stating his mission demanded to see their receipt records. The attendant quickly obeyed. Caesar casually noted that Tony carried some clout. He wondered why. The attendant fetched the book and placed it before them.

Caesar looked at the three receipts. One name was Angela Johnson, the other Alex Uzezi, the last name read Vera Ixan.

Hmm! he thought.

" Do you know the name?" asked Tony watching his wooden expression closely.

" Never heard of it before in my life."

Vera's Residence

03: 24

He knew it was an ungodly hour but he had to go and see her. She possessed him. She had him hooked like trout on the end of a fisherman's line. Before he knew what was happening he was knocking on her door.

"Hmm!" Vera exclaimed with a half smile," you came to see me again."

"Yep. Seems you're already becoming an addiction "

"Sometimes I don't know whether you are complimenting me or not. Come in."

He followed her into the living room that was only half lit. The soft yellow light from a shaded bulb gave the place a comfy look. The ceiling fan as usual was in full blast.

She was wearing a very long T-shirt that stopped just below her knees. Caesar thought that was a very naughty thing to wear. Once again the Tempter came and sat on his shoulder and evil began to manifest in his mind.

Oh dear, he thought. Here we go again.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Relaxing."

"Relaxing doing what?" he asked as she dropped on a couch. He dropped in beside her.

"Nothing."

"The art of doing nothing must be quite interesting isn't it?"

"For goodness sake, Caesar, just relax and stop talking."

"Okay, Ma'am."

She lay across his lap and snuggled against him. He gasped as he felt her full weight against him. Oh la la...

He smiled evilly to his inner self. She was right. No more talk. Time to switch to body language.

She was incredibly full. Caesar could feel the pressure against his stomach and thighs. He glanced down at her and swept his eyes over the lush landscape. The T-shirt wasn't having much success in hiding her contours. She looked as sleek as a cat. Cat again. Cats should be stroked and Vera was no exception. She might even purr.

First her neck. His fingers trailed the nape, gently smoothing the hairs that went down into the cleft between the shoulder blades. She sighed almost inaudibly. He guessed she purred.

Then her back. The fabric of her T-shirt could not stop the electric current that zapped between her skin and his fingertips. My Goodness, he thought in awe, wasn't she curved! He was aware of old Johnny, rising and stretching. Naughty boy. He should exercise some patience.

Her legs might have belonged to a gazelle. They were that muscular and powerful. They were the longest legs he had ever seen.

He stared at her headlights. Beautiful, was all he could say to himself. She moaned gently and turned over on her back. Her eyes were still closed. Just as well. He did not want her to see the hedonistic look in his eyes just yet.

Her face was relaxed. Caesar's eyes trailed across the rich landscape.

Those twin hillocks would soon rupture the cotton. His free hand (the other pillowed her head) begged to go mountain climbing. His brain finally gave the approval. The hand set off boldly, determined to make that slow climb to the peak. It was a beautiful journey.

One hillock was conquered, now for the next. His hand descended into the valley and bravely set off ascending the next hillock. The trip was as fulfilling as the last.

Vera mumbled something and slapped off his hand. He grinned. Time to relax a bit. He once again surveyed the terrain while he plotted his next move.

Clothes were becoming a nuisance, he decided and Vera's T- Shirt was causing an obstruction. Time for his hand to go underground.

Gently, slowly, that's it! Now start your reconnaissance all over again. Mr. Hand please report to Mr. Brain. God, those hills are alive! Especially those peaks. Then the incredibly flat plain after that. I'm running into some grassland here. Oops! I have run just into some thick bushes here. What's this? A marsh land? I have to report I'm sinking.

Wow! How gloriously wet this place is...

She yanked his hand out and sat up suddenly. She was breathing heavily Caesar encircle his arms around her.

"Maybe you should start talking again "she chided, staring at him hotly, "that's when you behave yourself."

He grinned hedonistically.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm incapable of behaving myself."

"That's bad."

Caesar slipped his hand under her T-shirt again. "All good things must come to an end but bad things last forever. Like me."

He drew her close and took possession of her lips.

"Do you believe in ghosts, Caesar?"

Caesar raised his eyebrows. There was nothing he wouldn't hear today. Here they were lying spent and spread-eagled after an explosive encounter and she was asking him whether he believed in ghosts!

"Well that is still a hot debate in my mind."

"I do."

"Oh. Have you seen any?"

"There's one that has been haunting me for months now."

"Any idea who it might be?"

"Yes. My twin sister Venus."

Caesar felt a chill. So she did have a twin sister as Isabelle had said. Or had a twin sister.

"You're a twin?"

"I was. Venus died mysteriously about a year ago. She has been haunting me ever since."

"Do you know how she...er....died?"

"Someone raped and stabbed her and dumped her in the marshes. An old farmer said he saw someone dump the body but ran away so the person wouldn't see him. Crocodiles finished her off. No one ever saw her remains."

Caesar was spooked by the way she was recounting the gory incident in a matter of fact tone of voice. Her eyes burned as she talked.

"That's horrible. Only God knows what you must have gone though."

"Yes only God knows. Now she keeps appearing to me. Sometimes I catch her in the street watching me and if I call her she would walk away. If I run after her she would vanish round a corner. There are times I even see her in the shadows at night. She watches my every move."

"Gosh, I think you are scaring me. Aren't you scared?"

"Yes I am but I'm now used to it. In fact I think she's out there watching right now."

"Right now?"

"Right now."

"Well, well" he sat up uncomfortably "Do you mind I go to the kitchen and get myself a glass of water. I'm feeling rather thirsty."

She yawned.

"Go ahead. I need to sleep."

Caesar left her and without bothering to put anything on went into the kitchen, he opened the fridge, and brought out the jug in the fridge. Pouring it into a cup, he sipped the water and looked round the room. A neat, well-equipped kitchen just like Belle's. They must have a lot of things in common, he thought.

He looked for a set of knives. There was none in sight. He remembered the name on the receipt. Vera Ixan. Was Ixan her surname? He should ask her.

He strolled into the living room and saw the photo album still on the table. He opened it and fished out the photograph he wanted. He went back to find the bedroom light on. Vera sitting up in bed, absent mindedly peeling an orange. He quickly picked up his trousers from the floor and slipped the photo into the back pocket. When she put the knife down his eyes suddenly widened and his heart began to beat faster. She saw him staring at her.

"What's the problem, Caesar?" she asked softly.

"Where did you get that?" he asked pointing at her chest.

She looked down.

"Oh that. I got that in high school Haven't you seen a tattoo before?"

" I have. I have seen one exactly like that. What does it signify?"

"Nothing. Just being cool." She resumed her peeling. However he noticed that her hands were not that steady anymore.

" I see." He remembered he wanted to ask her her surname, "By the way..."

"Ow!" she squealed "I've cut my finger!"

Caesar rushed over to her side. He held her hand and looked at the finger. Her forefinger was bleeding.

"It's hurting me" she complained.

"You should avoid peeling oranges" he scolded, "I'm not such a fan of them myself."

Caesar put the finger into his mouth and began to suck the blood.

"What are you doing?" she demanded in horror.

Caesar mumbled something and continued. Later he raised his head. "See, it's stopped bleeding."

"You're a vampire" she said scowling, You've sucked my blood."

"You're a witch. You bewitched me."

They both laughed. Then they started all over again. As Caesar left her flat that night he felt eyes watching him from the shadows.

Alex's Residence

July 14, Monday, 08:34

Isabelle had just had an early morning bath and was busily drying herself when she heard the phone ring. She padded wetly to the living room and picked it up.

"Hello? Uzezi's residence."

"Belle?"

The hairs at the back of her neck rose. She recognized the voice.

"It's me Vera. We need to talk.'

"Talk? Talk about what? We have nothing to talk about. What is in the past is in the past.

Just leave me alone."

"It seems you don't understand what is going on. We're in danger, Belle. Someone is trying to kill us. Ejiro, Julie, Amelia, Sandra, Agnes, Angela, Judith and all dead. All of them! It's just you and me left."

"I don't believe it!" Belle whispered her voice shaking, "Maybe they've left town. Who says their dead?"

"You know as well as I do that they are those victims, Belle. There isn't any doubt whatsoever. We have to talk and figure this out."

"No way, Vera. Nothing is happening and stop trying to scare me. I'll be fine on my own. And don't you ever try to call again."

She slammed down the receiver and with her body shaking violently began to cry.

Blessed Mother Girl's High School, Kebby Creek

10:23

"Do you know these girls?" Caesar asked handing the picture over to the Principal of Blessed Mother Girls High School. She collected the photo apprehensively. Caesar was posing as a member of the State CID which was just one of his many covers. He had a ready selection of fake ID cards to help authenticate his claims whenever necessary.

She stared at the photo closely.

"Yes, I do know all of them. As you can see from their uniforms they were all students here. But I'm afraid that I had to expel each and every one of them from this school."

" Why?" Caesar asked suddenly alert.

"They were all members of a secret cult they formed. They were into prostitution and other diabolical practices."

" My word. Did.. er.. this cult have a name?"

" Yes. Their name was Messalina."

" I see. Did this cult have some sort of symbol or identification?"

" Yes" said Mrs. Musa expressionlessly, " A tatoo of a black widow spider on the left breast of each member."

" Can I have their names please?"

" Sure."

She wrote the names down on a piece of paper and handed it over. Caesar scanned the list expectantly. Yep. Her name was Vera Ixan.

Alex's Residence

12:04

Isabelle had to ask who it was before she could let Tony in. She was that scared.

"Hi, darling" he said cheerfully as he gave her a hug "What's eating you?"

"Plenty" she replied vacantly, "sit down."

Tony chose an armchair and flopped into it.

"So what's the problem?" he asked.

"Tony" she began, staring hard at him she was still standing, "What happened to Venus?"

Tony raised his eyebrows.

"I told you she didn't make it. She had lost a lot of blood."

" So where was she buried?"

"I left her in the marsh. The crocodiles must have had her."

"Something's happening Tony. Many of my old friends have disappeared into thin air.

Vanished. And now there are bodies of young women being found mutilated beyond recognition. Am I to take it that it's just coincidence?"

"How should I know?" protested Tony, "I'm just a cop"

"Listen Tony. I'm frightened. In fact I am terrified. I cannot continue to live in fear without knowing whether I'm next or not. I know these killings have to do with Venus.

"I'm sure of it."

"Well what can I say?" said Tony softly, "Just know that the police are doing their best to find the killer."

She made a dismissive gesture.

"They are incompetent. What can they do?"

" Why are you asking what happened to Venus. Even if she was alive she can't be the killer. The victims were raped."

"God." She shivered violently.

"You have a wild imagination, Belle. I'm sure they're just victims of random ritual killings."

"Alex tells me you think it's a serial killer" she stated flatly, "why are you now telling me about ritual killings"

"I was just trying to make you feel better. Just avoid dark places and lock your windows at night."

"Easy for you to say."

"Hey give me a break will you " He stood up and went to join her as she stood with her arms wrapped round herself.

He held her shoulders and brought her close. Their lips met and they began to kiss passionately. Suddenly the living room door opened and Caesar walked in. The couple jumped apart and stared guiltily at him. Caesar returned their embarrassed looks, his face as expressionless as the back of a new frying pan..

"Sorry", he said cheerfully, "I should have knocked. I'II just pop into my room then."

He left them looking flustered and bewildered and whistled his way to the guest room.

Caesar was propped up in bed reading Arthur C. Clark's Of Time and Stars when his mobile phone burred again.

"Hello?"

"Hi! It's me Tony."

Caesar smiled. It was barely an hour after the young cop had left the residence and he was already calling him. He knew what for.

"Hi, Tony. What's up?"

There was a brief silence at the other end.

"Listen, what you saw is not what you think. Me and Belle are just friends."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Hey, Caesar, don't be difficult. It was just..."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Get my drift?"

Another moment of silence.

"Sure, Caesar. Thanks."

"Don't thank me. Now is there anything of great importance you want to tell me?"

"Er... Yes. I checked on Ani's background. This will kill you. There is no background. No records whatsoever. No Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, no nothing. It's like he doesn't even exist."

"In other words a ghost. There are too many ghosts already. The killer is a ghost because he can't be seen. The victims are ghosts because they have no next of kin and now our lovable bartender is a ghost as well. Kebby Creek is a ghost town."

"Very funny, Caesar."

"Thank you. Anything else?"

"Yeah. I traced that license plate number you gave me."

"So what gives?"

"It belongs to Plymouth Motoring Services, A car rental company. I checked who hired the car. Guess the name I saw? Vera Ixan."

Caesar whistled.

"The same one who bought the knife set?"

"Yeah. Sure you don't know who the chick is?"

"Nope."

"Okay then. Bye."

"Over and out."

Caesar stretched and yawned. He looked at the time on his Omega wrist watch. After nine. Alex hadn't yet come home and he wanted to discuss a few things with him. He lay back on the bed and began to sift jigsaw pieces in his mind.

Messalina, A secondary school secret cult that Vera, Isabelle and seven others had been members of. A female secret cult for that matter. What did he know about female secret cults?

Nothing really except that he knew they were very clandestine in operation. He knew they existed on higher institutions all over the world and that they were quite efficient.

Back on his days at the university of Nigeria, Nsukka he had never been able to identify any group outright but several strange encounters he had made him believe that he must have come across them even unconsciously. These encounters helped him from a hypothesis on the existence of such cults. He grouped these female cults into three broad categories:

One, those focused on witchcraft and other occultic activities, two, those bound together by lesbianism or male phobia, three, those engaged in organized prostitution and related services.

Caesar believed that a shroud of secrecy enveloped the female cult phenomena which enhanced their operations. He had to admit that he admired their efficiency. Unlike their male counterparts who gleefully announced their membership in such clandestine organizations and were readily accosted and apprehended by law enforcement officials, the females stayed in the shadows. Everybody knew that these female cults existed but they could not with certainty point out individual members of these groups.

However Caesar had run across such people during his rather eventful school life. Certain incidents had made him believe that he had had close encounters with members of the first and second categories namely witchcraft and lesbianism.

Messalina. They fell into the third category: Prostitution. He had never encountered them before but there was always a first time. Messalina was another name for a woman of easy virtue. That was smart. To name a prostitution cult Messalina. Very smart. And he was very sure they were at the bottom of the mystery.

So Vera was involved in this? Even tried to kill him! What kind of nerve was that? To flatten him with a Honda Accord? Not to mention Ani the bartender who had also set him up with a bunch of thugs. Ani L. Assem. Suddenly he sat up straight, his heart racing.

Ikay
Ikay
356 Followers