Lost Angels Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ikay
Ikay
356 Followers

Taking out a pen and paper, he wrote the name backwards.

M-E-S-S-A-L-I-N-A.

No wonder Tony couldn't find any dirt on Ani the Bartender. Ani did not exist.

"Caesar!" called Isabelle from the main bedroom, "Can I see you for a minute?"

He grinned wolfishly. He had been expecting her call too.

"Sure!" he replied loudly, "I'll be right there."

Vera's Residence

She was sitting up in bed wearing the most outrageous set of black lace lingerie he had ever seen in his life. She was idly combing her hair. Eyeing him voraciously she patted the bed.

"Sit" she ordered.

Caesar obeyed. How could he not? However he tuned up his deflector shields to full power.

"So, Caesar" she started slowly, "What are you doing in Kebby Creek?"

"Isn't your question a little late? Anyway I came to visit Alex and enjoy the scenery."

"What scenery is there to enjoy in this Godforsaken place apart from bushes and marsh?"

"My travel agent must have misinformed me."

"Alex tells me you're a reporter."

"I was. I quit my job."

"Why?"

"The Editor liked me so much she suggested I find a better job."

"Aah! A woman. Did you make a pass at her?"

"Nope. I had enough trouble trying to get past her. She was that big. Anyway why should I do such a thing?"

"Because you look like a playboy."

Caesar smiled insufferably. He knew the game she wanted to play. Instead of her acting all weepy and begging him not to tell what he saw she was instead trying to provoke him. Not a bad tactic. And she had the effrontery to challenge him with hardly a stitch on. Dangerous game indeed. Cheeky bitch.

"And how, pray, do I look like a playboy?"

"You have a playboy's face."

"Oh really? So how does a playboy's face look like?"

She dropped the comb and reached out her hands towards him. Immediately he was very aware of her physical presence. She took his face in her hands and began to scrutinize it carefully. Caesar wondered how any mortal man could escape the situation he was in.

"Your eyebrows are slanted at a rakish angle suggesting a buccaneer attitude to women" she described thoughtfully, "Your eyes are beautiful but not sincere and they have an unholy glint in them. The nose is aquiline in shape. Did your Mom pinch your nose when you were a baby?"

"No."

"Your lips are succulent and soft and your smile is full of wickedness."

"Not much hope for me is there?"

"Strong jaw though."

"Thank you."

"So in summary, the face of a playboy."

"Do you want me to tell you what you look like?"

"Sure."

"A toddler pulling a tiger's tale." He got up from the bed. Isabelle gazed at him expectantly, "Now if you don't mind I have a book to finish."

He turned abruptly and walked out of the room.

Undisclosed Location, Kebby Creek

July 15, Tuesday, 02:34

It was now time to kill my final victim. Then my work will be complete and I will start life anew as if I never existed before.

I walked briskly up to the front door and knocked. I heard a nervous voice ask who it was from inside. I told her a name. I heard the flip-fiop of rubber slippers as they approached the door. The locks slid back and the door opened.

She stared at me in horror and disbelief. She looked ready to faint.

"What's the matter, Darling?" I asked sweetly, "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Alex's Residence

02:36

Caesar stared at the glowing end if his cigarette. He and Alex were having a smoke and a drink in his library after an excellent dinner from Isabelle whom Caesar had avoided eye contact all evening. Alex's return from office made him breathe a sigh of relief.

" Alex," he asked casually "why did you call me into this town?"

" Excuse me?"

" Some one called me in the middle of the night and said he had information for me. Told me to bring N80, 000 cash and meet him in Sandy's Bar but he never showed up. It was you who called me up, wasn't it?"

" Yes" he said finally, "It was me."

"Why?"

"I needed you, Caesar. You were the only one I could trust. Nobody else. Remember what you said way back during our campus days? The most beautiful thing in this world is trust. That's the only quality you need in a friend and I needed you, Caesar."

"Isabelle is in danger isn't she?"

"Yes she is. How do you know?"

Caesar told him everything he had learnt since his arrival at Kebby Creek.

"Now somebody is killing of the members of Messalina" he concluded, "I suspect it's Ani but why he should be doing so is what baffles me. If the victims were random then it should mean he's a serial killer with no real pattern for his murders but why should he pick out Messalina explicitly? He must have known them sometime in the past and he is executing revenge for some deed they must have committed. Did Isabelle tell you anything?"

Alex looked uncomfortable but he didn't answer.

"Hey" said Caesar softly, "If we are to find out what the hell is going on then you have to tell me everything."

Alex started to reply but stopped when Caesar's phone began to burr. He pulled it out of his pocket.

"Tony this better be good" he said breezily.

"It's me Vera."

A shiver crawled up his spine. He had forgotten about her.

"Hi! Is everything okay?"

"I want to see you immediately."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I have a confession to make."

Jesus. "Er... Okay, sure. I'll be right over."

She rang off.

Alex watched him expectantly as he replaced the phone.

"What's up?" he asked curiously.

"The jigsaw pieces are beginning to fall into place" said Caesar thoughtfully. He got up and stretched, "I've got somewhere to go Alex. I have a rendezvous with the killer."

Vera's Residence

03:00

Caesar entered the house to find it submerged in darkness. Candlelight flickered some where. "What happened to the power?"

"N.E.PA officials disconnected the cables. They said I was owing."

"Are you?"

" Yes."

" Sorry."

" Don't be let's sit in the living room."

Caesar was straining his eyes and his ears. His instincts were screaming at him that he was walking into a trap. But he wanted to know the truth and curiosity dragged him on. And curiosity killed the cat.

They sat on the settee.

"Can I get you anything?" she asked. Caesar was watching her closely. He sensed she was nervous.

" Yes, a bottle of stout please."

"Okay." She went off to get it. As he sat alone on the settee he felt like a sitting duck. He placed his hand lightly on gun butt under his shirt. It gave him some confidence.

She came back with the bottle and placed it before him with a glass. He watched as she opened it and poured the black liquid but into the glass for him. Then she sat down next to him again.

"So what's this confession you have to make?" he asked as he sipped the bitter liquid. She stared fiercely at him and his heart skipped a beat.

" Some one is trying to kill me" she said flatly.

"Kill you? Who?"

" My sister."

"Your sister is dead."

" She has come from the grave to kill me."

" What makes you say this?"

" She killed all my friends. All those murder victims. They are my close friends. She killed them all."

" Vera maybe you are over reacting..."

" It's the truth! I'm the only one left and now she's coming for me."

"Why would she be coming for you? Why should she kill all your friends?"

"Because I killed her. "

Caesar froze.

"Vera..."

" I killed her. I murdered her. Stabbed her in the back and tossed her into the marsh. The crocodiles finished her off. Now she's after me. When you met me at the murder scene you asked me who was responsible. It's her! My twin sister."

" I thought you said you never told me that."

" What are you talking about? I remember telling you like it was yesterday."

Caesar was getting more and more confused. Gently he took her hand.

" Maybe you should calm down. Even if someone is trying to kill you, it can't be your sister. She's dead. Dead folks just can't come back and start killing people. Just try and think of some one else..."

He stroked her fingers affectionately, trying to calm her then he stopped suddenly. The cut on her right forefinger she had received while peeling an orange the last time they were together had disappeared. The skin was as smooth as silk. No telltale groove of the wound. Nothing. Caesar suddenly felt cold.

"Could you peel me an orange?" he asked casually, "The bitter taste of this stout is getting to me. You know much I love oranges."

" Sure. Let me get you one." She made to get up. Caesar held her wrist. "Who are you?" he asked quietly.

She stiffened.

"What do you mean." She asked coldly.

"Take off your blouse."

"What?"

"Take off your blouse. Now."

"Never. Are you trying to rape me or what?"

Caesar learnt forward and took hold of the front of her light cotton blouse . He viciously tore it open sending the buttons flying.

Her bare body was criss-crossed with brutal scars.

"Like I asked previously" he continued conversationally "who are you?"

She glared at him furiously, her eyes smoldering.

"I thought you should know by now," said a cheerful voice coming from the direction of the kitchen , "That's Venus. Vera's cute twin sister."

Caesar turned slowly, almost disinterestedly to face the speaker.

Tony filled the kitchen door way. In his hand was a big, black automatic and it pointed at him.

Ikay
Ikay
356 Followers