Lost Empire Ch. 55

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,201 Followers

Shaking his head he'd thought over that for years. He was still no closer to an answer than he was when he started on all this. You'd think with all the knowledge he'd gain he'd have some inkling as to what the man had meant. Sighing Dempsy moved to the wall comm.

Dempsy waited a moment before a hologram of Derrick appeared. Bowing all the way to the floor he heard Derrick groan, "Sire I have to report."

Derrick's eyes opened as he waited for Dempsy to continue. "We have a need to hurry with the meet between the two of them. As I understand it she is going back to duty onboard her ship tomorrow. Before this happens sire, may I suggest that you arrange for this to happen."

Derrick let out a long sigh as he realized that Dempsy was more than right. "I thought you left her with Greeson. I would think that this would interfere with whatever plans that you have for the both of them."

"Perhaps," Dempsy said as several things rolled about in his mind. "I believe I have an idea. If it works then I believe all will be forgiven." Here Dempsy looked up at Derrick. "On all sides of this situation."

Derrick nodded trying to figure out just what the man was up to. Shaking his head it was getting harder to read the man lately. Hell the thing is Derrick knew the man far more than most. had all of this really changed the man that much? He wasn't about to want to lose as good a friend as Dempsy had become.

"Alright, what are you needing?" Derrick asked looking intensely at Dempsy.

"You need to have him report here then I think I can take it from there." Dempsy told derrick.

Nodding Derrick was still at a loss though he thought he might see a small inkling of where the man was going with this.

It was several hours later that Sergeant first class, Daniel Norman was reporting to the Empress on the command deck. Shocked a moment the man bowed to Shelby as a thin smile crossed her lips. Derrick had informed her earlier what was going to happen. She was more than happy to facilitate what was going to happen.

"Daniel Norman, the emperor was otherwise engaged in other activities for the empire. He has therefore advised me that you have been promoted to the rank of full bird Colonel for the ground forces. This is for meritorious service that you provided the emperor whilst he was bringing the rest of you back from un huh... the dead."

Daniel's face was in shock as Shelby pinned the both of the bird insignia to his shoulders. "I... but... I only..." Was all that the man could get out.

"Also the Emperor told me to advise you that if you protest he wiould make you a general." Here Shelby held up a pair of single stars. Daniel snapped his mouth shut as he bowed to Shelby.

Gulping he could only say, "I thank you Empress."

Walking out Daniel was making his way to his temporary quarters when he passed by the dining area. A laugh gave him pause from inside as he stopped retracing his steps. Looking inside he saw a few people there though no one that he really recognized. Sighing, shaking his head he started to with draw when he heard a happy laugh again.

Mara was having a great time with Greeson he was by far more entertaining than she thought he would be. Looking up she felt a presence. Then a strange man's head appeared in the door way. Looking closer she he was a full Colonel! Then she looked away though for some reason the man looked familiar to her.

Racking her brain, Greeson said something that had her laughing again. Suddenly the man was looking in again looking at all there. Why does he look so... Mara's mouth dropped open as Greeson's head snapped up then toward the man that she was staring at. Looking between the both of them Greeson stayed quiet to see what was going on.

Mara was doing a double then a triple take at the man that was just standing there scanning the crowd. Suddenly tears started to fall as she numbly stood advancing toward the man. "Father?" Mara stretched her hand out afraid almost to touch the man afraid that if she did he'd vanish as if he was made of smoke.

Daniel could only stare at the woman who was approaching him. She'd called him father? "Mara? Oh my god! Is it really you?" He said as she collapsed in his arms tears flowing freely.

Pars001
Pars001
2,201 Followers
12