Lost Empire Ch. 75

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

___________________________________________________

Derrick sat back, the last discussion with Kandra had been more than encouraging. With a shake of his head he had to get through with everything else.

"Shelby?" He said even as she appeared before him.

"I have managed to connect to all five that are damaged. I am afraid that I will have to go slow. This new method that Colonels Kimison and Rayburn discovered should increase re-gen another thirty percent. Far faster than they could on their own." Shelby sweetly reported.

Releasing a sigh Derrick started again. "What of..."

"I have already assessed our battle readiness. Mary has already informed those at the academy of the sacrifice that Captain Brown made. They reported that they are holding ceremonies as soon as we return. They also ask if you will be in attendance." Shelby asked.

Derrick was nodding as he thought about Brown. They needed to return as soon as possible. They just needed to conclude their business here first. Then there were all the brain boxes still out there they needed to recover.

"Tell them that I would be more than honored to attend. Is the new.." Derrick started.

"I have felt no adverse effects from the new re-gen process. I had both Colonels check while I was connecting. They have a constant lock on me while I am in the process." Shelby stated.

Derrick shook his head as he tried one more time. "I thought that you..."

"I m sorry Derrick as I explained when we first met, I am almost completely attuned to your thoughts. It seems far more efficient to tell you before you have to ask." Shelby said sweetly.

"I thought I told you that I like to complete what I am saying. It can be annoying at times when you do that. Now then has Mary got any more..." Derrick said annoyed.

Mary appeared at that moment, "I have been conducting tests this whole-time sire. As of yet I have found no danger to this empire, from the Creagon delta waves."

Derrick again shook his head christ, Mary was doing it also.

____________________________________________

Kimon Dempsy was still a little startled. In just a few weeks time, he'd not only ended the bain of his disgrace restoring his clan's honor. He had also ended the one who had attempted to kill him and his comrades restoring his own honor.

His head shook as he thought of the challenge, Onai was a far better master than she thought. It had taken all he had to defeat her. The few days he'd prepared before the challenge were barely enough.

A small smile crossed his lips, he wasn't about to tell her any of this though. He didn't think it would be good to give her a bigger head that she had. Plus, there was the fact that she'd try to defeat him, every day, for the rest of her life, no, it was far better that they left it like it was.

A look into the med bay showed him that his mother was still hard at work. That was another thing, she was a great brain doctor though, she wasn't the best, close but not the best. With a shake of his head he had to admit perhaps it was him that she had come to see.

His thoughts drifting back, he remembered the days and weeks of training. His very refusal to stop was the one thing that made him stand out, plus nearly killed him. He had a penchant for pushing his self to the very edge of death.

His master had damned near killed him when he pushed 'til he was too weak to move. When his master had asked, Kimon had stated that he thought it was his place to learn or die. That of course, had garnered him a beating unlike any he'd ever received.

The things he learned that year, had shown him he was human, that he could hurt himself far more than an enemy could. It was also the turning point in his training.

A movement in the med bay drew his attention, the young cat/human female had rushed to Jimison as soon as he awoke. The smoldering look of devotion he saw in her eyes reminded him of Onai.

Then there was the fact that, the commander had almost guaranteed that the joining of Onai and he would happen. Yes, if Kimon didn't know better he could swear that the commander was also going to attend. He nodded his head, knowing the commander, as sneaky as he was, he'd be there.

Another movement from the room had Kimon putting an arm out, catching a struggling cat/human.

A threatening hiss issuing from her mouth, Difina tried to rake the face of the male that was restraining her. "Release me! I will have your eyes and heart for this!" Another swipe, then her arm was immobile, a stunned look on her face. Throwing a rapid chop, she was shocked when she only met air throwing herself off balance.

Jumping to launch a kick, she was again shocked when not only was her leg caught, she couldn't move it. Attempting a spin kick with the other leg, she could only stare when her face stopped inches from the floor. Then there was of course the male was sitting on her back with both her arms restrained.

"Now little one, before you hurt yourself, I suggest you stop." Came the male's strangely soothing voice. This of course had Difina struggling harder. With a tired sigh Kimon gently placed two fingers on her neck. This immediately caused Difina to freeze.

A low growl issued from her throat, "are you also a healer? I have felt this touch before I do not wish to be unconscious."

Kimon removed his fingers as if he'd been burned. "No, though I can see that you have met my mother."

Difina's eyes were wide a moment, "I ask that I be released I find it difficult to talk in this position."

Kimon shook his head, "I find that very hard to believe. I can see that you are ready to spring the moment I release you. I do not wish to injure you, I saw you fighting Jimison, against most you are deadly. Against me? I am afraid that I might hurt you far more than I would want to."

Difina's eyes were wider, then in a whisper she asked. "are you the one who taught my mate?" When Kimon only nodded, he felt the cat/human relax completely.

"I taught him, though only the basics. The conflict that we were in I didn't see the need to go farther. I had, had one great failure, I didn't entertain the thought of another." An almost whispering Kimon said.

Kimon released Difina who sat on the floor at Kimon's feet. Bowing she stated, "master of my mate, I would be honored if you would teach both of us. Our empire is fraught with assassins, the skills you could teach us could extend our lives."

Kimon placed a hand under her long mouth, gently lifting her face, looking deep into her eyes. What he saw there was nothing but sincerity. He took a step back thinking a moment. "If Jimison agrees, as does your father, then I might consider it. That which I teach is a very old way, I do not teach it lightly nor gently. I will also have to talk to my mate Onai, plus my clan leader. I know Onai's father would agree, the other's not as much."

Still bowing on the deck Difina said, "thank you master, if you can then we will do all we can to learn.

Kimon looked down on the bowed cat/human female, she was tough as was Jimison. Was it possible that he'd finally found stronger more worthy students? "We shall see little one, we shall see."

Another movement behind him had him nodding his head. "I take it that you found another?"

"It was as you thought mate. As for asking me, I think that it is about time that you started to teach the old ways. There has been no new master/teacher in a long time."

"Good then I just have two more worlds to speak to. Perhaps if I talk to the commander, he might have her father agreeing." Kimon said.

Onai's eyes were wide a moment, then she nodded. "Yes, the exalted one can do much as we both have seen." This of course had Kimon rolling his eyes.


12