Lost Empire Ch. 76

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly afraid Bee looked at the ceiling, "Mr. Johnathon?" Which caused the ship hologram to appear. "Oh, I think something is wrong with the Lord Sir's sister."

"I have detected nothing... oh dear." Johnathon said.

"Can you help her please? I remember you have a medical bed here? Will it help her?" Bee almost pleaded.

Bee and Lucie vanished appearing a moment later in the med bay.

A moment later, the ship's hologram looked at Bee. "I am afraid there is nothing that I can do for her. She seems to be in shock, thankfully I got to her before any damage was done."

Bee nodded as she looked down on Lucie, the female felt more like family than, anyone but her sister had in a long time. "Please help her Mr. Johnathon, I cannot bare to lose another, not when I have just found her."

"I will do all I can Miss Bee, though I am afraid there is only one that I feel that can help her. He I am afraid needs time away from everyone to think." The pleading looks on Bee's face finally helped to make up Johnathon's mind.

Hartwell, had been alone for almost an hour; he'd finally been able to think through more than a few things. He still wasn't sure about Bee and all that happened, at least now he had more of a hand on it. Well, he thought, he had, Johnathon contacted him. "What is the emergency?" Hartwell said.

"I am sorry sir; it appears that Miss Hartwell is in shock. Her cerebral functions have shut down, I am unsure if I can restart them." Johnathon reported. "I am sorry that I didn't notice her earlier, she is a prime so, unless she allows it I cannot access her."

"How did this happen, show me." Hartwell said as he watched what had transpired almost an hour ago. As soon as it played out Hartwell hung his head, he'd risked his life to save her. Now, his own stupidity had placed her in mortal danger. "IMT me there now!"

A moment later, Bee was moving away across the room, even as Hartwell appeared rushing to his sister

Hartwell cradled Lucie's head as tears started to flow freely from his eyes. "All I did to save you, when I found out that asshole had you. Now I've put your life in peril, I can't lose you, not again. Come back to me Lucie!" Hartwell was almost begging.

It was almost an hour later when Lucie stirred in Hartwell's arms. "Ugh." She said in a low throaty whisper. "Johnny? I thought you were... Johnny!?"

"Lucie!" Hartwell was suddenly shouting as soon as his eyes were open.

"Oh god, lower the voice. Feels as if my head is going to... Johnny, please don't kill her. Promise me, you won't, please." Lucie said trying to raise her voice flinching from the head pain.

Hartwell could only stare at Lucie, "kill? I don't intend to kill anyone. Who are you talking about?"

"Promise me you won't kill Bee, please don't space her!" Lucie was saying as fresh tears started from her eyes.

"Bee? What are you talking about? I have never thought of that nor will I. I'm not sure what put this in your head but rest assured I have no intention of doing that. Hartwell assured her.

"Oh god thank you!" Lucie said as she pulled herself to Hartwell, kissing his cheek tenderly. Even as she ended the kiss, her eyes rolled up, her body going limp in Hartwell's arms.

"Johnathon! Status!" Hartwell almost roared out.

"All her brain waves have returned to almost normal. I feel she is in full recovery. I believe she just needs rest, as I can feel you also need. I will alert you if you are needed." Jonathon reported.

Begrudgingly, Hartwell made his way to his quarters, never noticing the whole time, Bee keeping her distance.

_________________________________________________________

Far within the empire a small shadowy ship, entered orbit around a dark world. Several conversations were shared before the ship was allowed to land.

The single, male, humanoid, occupant was smearing a foul-smelling liquid on its body when the hatch opened. The creatures that appeared seem to be huge insects.

Donning a translator, the single occupant greeted the insects in their language. After a few terse moments, the insects led the humanoid male to a very large stone building.

Inside the male was led to an extremely large, female insect in the center of the room. Again, there were even more terse moments then the male was seated at the feet of the female.

{So,} came the thoughts of the female. {What can we do for the second line of offspring of our old ally?}

Hmmm the humanoid thought, so the old dead bastard had been into far more than he'd thought.

{It appears that the old line of the empire had a surviving male. The republic has been destroyed, replaced by the old empire.} The male humanoid thoughts said.

This of course had several gasps from many that were around the room.

{Queen Filiana! We cannot allow the old empire to reestablish. It is a certainty that they will hunt all of us down. We have to prevent the male from reactivating the fleet. It took almost two of their centuries for us to rid the galaxy of those damnable living ships.} Came the thoughts of the largest male insect in the room.

{That is why I have come to you; it would not be good if you and your race is exterminated. I have a plan, though I am unsure if you can achieve it. I have the machines on the way here, to help you reestablish as a space race.} The humanoid male's thoughts stated.

{What would you expect in return for this 'help' that you are providing us?} Came the snide unbelieving thoughts of the larger insect male.

{I was not discussing this with you.} The humanoid male stated, then there was a low whine as a disintegration gun powered up. {If you wish to no longer exist, then by all means try to press any advantage you think you have. I will not think twice about destroying you.}

The insect was about to lunge at the humanoid when the Queens thoughts stopped him. {After you are destroyed, I will enjoy your brother my second. Please continue as you think he has insulted me.}

The insect male looked at the queen, an almost evil, wicked look covering its face. With almost blinding speed the insect male again lurched at the humanoid male. There was an electronic whine, the entire top half of the insect male's head vanished. The body continued on into the wall, crashing unceremoniously into a heap near the wall.

The queen looked from the body, to the humanoid male. Her insect face showing her delight at the death of her first mate.

{A fitting end, destroyed without honor,} came the queen's thoughts

Damn the humanoid male thought as he saw the almost sexual looks the queen was giving him. I need to conclude my business as soon as I can.


12