Lost Lives Ch. 03

Story Info
More decisions to be made.
9.3k words
5.7k
2
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/23/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We lay there I rubbed the hair out of her face as that one eye kept watching what I was doing, I kissed and stroked the side of her face and slowly the eye started to close overcome with tiredness, I made a move covered Steph's beautiful body with blankets picked up my clothes and tip-toed out closing the door as I went. Dressed I made a coffee, went to the office and decided I'd catch some on-line news.

An hour later I heard the outside door open and close, I walked to the kitchen, "Hi Dad, how's things been tonight? Is mum gone to bed?"

"Yes, she's been in bed over an hour and yes honey, we've been good, we've worked through a lot tonight?"

"Yeah, I'd say you two must have worked it all out in bed, by the looks of things."

"Janine! Be nice, anyway what would give you that idea?"

"You're tee-shirt's inside out and back to front."

Oh shit. Change of subject. "I talked to Grandad today he said you went and saw him and Grandma last weekend? He said they met Neil. Janine, they're very impressed with him, mind you so am I."

"Yes, I'm glad, I know Neil liked Grandad but I told him that Grandma was a bit of a pain, the old bigot."

"Janine, be nice."

"Well, Dad you know what she's like she can be so nasty and she is a bigot! You want to hear her go on about some of her neighbours!"

"Anyways Dad, have you made your mind up about Mum and You."

"I think we're going to stay together but we've got a lot to talk about and some things need to change before I think we can work everything out the way we need to."

"But will You be happy Dad?"

"Yes, I think I will be honey."

"Okay, then so will I."

"That's great Janine, I think that's what was worrying me most."

"So I guess you want to know how my meeting Neil's Mum, Virginia went then, or is she going to ring you and tell you herself."

There's my girl, don't dilly-dally around, mark that line in the sand.

"She's going to ring me soon, but feel free to tell me if you want, I'm fine either way, whatever you're comfortable with Janine."

"Well, from my point it went well, I think she was surprised to find out how much I knew about you guys, you know being an item once and all. And she tried to deflect a lot, but Neil and I have spent a lot of time working out a lot of the details and think we've got a good idea of what went on, you know back in the olden days when you and Virginia were young, well youngish."

"Be careful how you tread young lady, we are neither of us, that old. So, Ok, what did you think of Neil's Mum?"

"Dad, I love her, she is just real nice. Neil's told me about what a loser his Dad is and how his Mum has had to bring him up, juggle everything and also deal with her divorce and I can't believe she looks so young and pretty you know for an old person. In a lot of way's she is the complete opposite of Mum in looks and build but then she is much like Mum in her ways and her beliefs and such, Dad we got on real well. Oh she told us about being Mum's new friend and that Mum doesn't know about your two guy's history or that we've told you about us so we have to pretend somewhere to do all this again with her so she doesn't get left out."

"Honey can I ask you how you found out about Ginia and me?"

"What did you call her Dad?" Janine had a wide smile plastered over her face, "What did you call her?"

"Sorry Janine, It was my nickname for Virginia, it was Ginia or Gin and her nickname for me was M."

"Its sounds good that, Ginia and M. Good. I gotta tell Neil that."

"OK, so the story about how you found out?"

"Yeah, well Neil found one of his Mum's old photo albums that she threw out when she found out that her husband was cheating. There weren't that many photo's left in it most of them she had slashed with a knife, she had removed all of the ones with pictures of Neil, her and any of the photo's before she got married, Neil knew she had bought a new photo album for their photo's, he didn't know about the ones before the marriage, they hadn't reappeared. Anyway there was a pocket in the inside cover of the album and in there he found an old photo of a lot of the staff from yours and mums work. It showed a young and very pretty Virginia, sorry, Ginia and she was standing with a young man with a goatee and 'stache, I hadn't seen that photo before, but I knew who the young man was Dad, I'd seen the same man in a picture that Grandad had hanging in his den when he got some big literary award."

I knew it too, It was an award from the New York Literary Guild, Marcus had been peer-nominated for the award, 'The Fellowship Literary Award of Excellence' as recognition of outstanding achievement in the field of literature in education. It was a very proud day for us all, it was also the day I had seen Stephany Gallagher as more than my friend and mentor's sixteen-year-old daughter.

"I never told Neil about who it was in the photo and Neil hadn't made the connection even though he'd met you, and I really had to make sure I was right, so yes that is the main reason I went with Neil to see the Grand's, not the only reason, I did want them to meet Neil though, I knew Grandad would like him. I thought Grandad would ask Neil what his last name was, but he didn't and I made sure I was round them while they talked, Grandma was being Grandma so she didn't really pay us a lot of attention."

"What would you have done if Grandad had asked Neil his surname?"

"Don't know, not lied, did he know Vir ...Ginia?"

"Yeah, they've met again since she's started working back at Uni, mind you I don't know whether she's told him anything about her life, or even that she has Neil. He does remember Gin from when we were an item because he was there when we split. We, I, never took it hard, Gin leaving, I just felt she was lucky finding someone that could give her a lot more than I could so ..... anyway it's ancient history honey, as you said before, from the olden day's."

"Yeah well believe that if you want, and I know I'm young but that Lady is still crazy in love with my old Dad, you do know that don't ya?"

Just in principle I wasn't going to answer that, the thought that a discussion like that was going to happen between me and my fourteen-going-on-thirty-five-year-old daughter did not bear thinking about, she must have read the annoyed look on my face and I was about to jump in and end any more talk about this subject when she quickly interjected, "Dad, just listen okay, look I know you look after or try to look after everyone else in your life, your my Dad and that's your job, and I know I'm young and maybe you think I don't know a lot about life, but this thing with Mum, I suspected it about two month's ago, she changed and I was waiting for you to notice but you didn't seem to see it, she just changed her habits and I started to worry. So I'm saying Dad I know you and Mum are cool right now, and that's great, just don't be too unhappy if things don't completely go back to what they were, Dad promise, Okay."

"Okay honey, I can do that, I promise."

There was a pause and then she started again hesitating, trying to find the right words, "Dad, You know after we worked out that it was you in the photo, Neil went really, really quite. We'd gone to 'Wedges' in the mall and he just sat looking at it and I asked him what was wrong and he just said, 'He's the one,' and when I asked he started telling me about how over the last couple of years, his Mum spoke about someone she used to know, she would start talking about the person then she would stop, he thought because she was embarrassed but I said it was because it was the past and she didn't want it interfering in the future, anyway he just kept staring at it and finally he said, 'He's the one my Mum said should have been my Dad.'"

What Neil had said to Janine stunned me, I'm normally not lost for words, but this shut me down dead, until I realised I had to ask, "Neil's fine isn't he Janine?"

"Oh yeah Dad, we've talked it out over the last few day's since the weekend and we have both got our heads around it, we're not going to do anything silly and we worked out that if you were his Dad then he would not be who he is and worse still I wouldn't exist, so we have worked it out."

I walked to my daughter and wrapped my arms around her. "Janine Honey, I'm truly proud of you for looking out for both yourself and Neil, I'm also proud of the way you have been over the last little while when Mum and I have had our problems. Thank you." I kissed her on the forehead.

"Your welcome Dad, no probs. I think I'll go to bed now if you don't mind, all those questions Ginia asked, Wow, took for ever to answer."

"Janine, thanks for the talk honey."

"Night M, say hullo to Ginia from me." I couldn't help it, as she wandered off, I gave her a silent little smile.

After ten more minutes I figured Gin must have been waiting for me to ring I dialed her cell number, it hardly rang, "Hullo M, I'm sorry I told Janine to text Neil when you guy's finished talking and I'd ring but I think Neil must still be on his cell cos' he hasn't been down to tell me otherwise."

"It's fine Gin, Janine has gone to bed and I was just running everything back through my mind that we talked about. She really really likes you Gin, I suspect you're gonna be very good friends with both my girl's."

"Yes, you're right M, and I'm not complaining. I guess Janine told you all about what they had worked out about us and such then?"

"Yep, she said it was just a matter of circumstance with the photo of me that helped things to fall into place."

"Yeah, you know I'd thought I'd lost that photo years ago until I saw it again tonight, Did Janine tell you I burst into tears when I saw it, I looked at us in that photo and saw our eye's looking out with the hopes and dreams of what was to come. Those vibrant smiles full of optimism and youth. It's not fair M, if only we had known."

"I know Gin, but our kids - what we have is special, what you have is special."

"You're right Mitch, ......I know, Neil is my world now and I'm very proud of him."

"How did things go with Steph tonight."

I lied, I didn't need to tell Ginia everything tonight was marvellous while she was feeling down, "It went okay, we got some things sorted, she understands it will take time to work through and she's changed things from what they once were, and she is going to have to work through and live with it."

"So she's starting to understand the corrections she is having to undertake, yes?"

"Yeah Gin."

"That's great M, I'm really happy for you and Steph."

This was getting really hard, I could hear it in her voice, Gin was struggling to make the words sound convincing, I needed to end this now before she ended up in tears and I ended up saying or doing something I'd regret.

"Gin Honey, you need to get some sleep, I'll talk to you tomorrow ay."

"kay night luv ya M."

"Night Gin, I love you too." I realised she'd already gone.

I can't ever remember waking up to my wife with her lips wrapped around my cock, but that's what was happening when I awoke the next morning and as I looked down at her I spied the same wanton look I'd seen on her face last night. She looked up at me she was wearing a superior proud smile now as much to say, 'Look -- Look what I've done' so what could I do, she deserved the respect that she had managed to get my cock upright after a night where I wandered whether it ever would again so what did I do, I burst out laughing.

She spat me out "Sssshhhsshh you, you'll wake your daughter up it's only six o'clock."

"And if you're naughty I won't finish you, so behave."

"Yes Ma'am."

She went back to the job in hand, I lay there and watched for a while as her pretty face went about it's work. She licked up and down the underside of my cock held it in her little hand till her nose bumped into my balls, she enveloped as much of each as she could blowing saliva over them as she went, then she pursed and moved her lips away, the threads of slime pulled away from my balls and clung to her lips like spiderwebs, then she would race to gobble away on my length with renewed vigor.

After quarter of an hour I swung my body around underneath her lifted her torso so I could get my head under her she tried to resist, "No, this is for You."

"I know, that's why I'm taking it."

I could hear her frustration, but she went back to her sucking and licking while I did the same in her other end. I licked her and suckled on her clit til she came and drenched my mouth, nose and chin in her juice. I came just as she was finishing, I didn't know if she wanted me to unload in her mouth, so I tweaked my ass as if to pull away. She must of realised what I was trying to do her arms grabbed me round the ass-cheeks to stop me pulling away, I could feel the grip from her mouth around my cock, her tongue was dancing around rubbing along my length. That was it I came so powerfully I pushed my ass up off the bed, if she wasn't embedded before, she was now.

We lay for a while, I could of dropped off if I didn't have to get up. "God Steph, You all but killed me."

I looked down at a small guileless face framed by her bobbed short dark hair some of which fell across her nose and mouth giving her that wild look I'd seen last night. I thought she was going to speak until as she started a smile something started to leak out the corner of her mouth, looking at me the only thing I heard was, "Fffiiipppp ....ahhhhh."

"So what's on the agenda today you two"

I replied "Work."

Janine broke in, "School."

"Okay you guys, I've got to go see Grandad this afternoon. Janine so I maybe a little bit late, I'll try not to be."

"Cool. See ya, bye Mum, bye Dad."

Geezus, I mentally shook my head, had the last three days just been a bad dream.

Janine's text came through an hour later, I'd forgotten about Steph not knowing either the story about Gin and me or Neil so between that and realising the cat may well be out of the bag when Steph had her meeting with her Dad today Janine and Ginia were texting each other with acceptable scenario's. Really what man's input is going to help when it comes to female treachery, so I kinda begged off and crossed my fingers.

Well I'd like to say that we were rejuvenated after last night and that Gin and I were back to being the old friends helping each other like we had over the previous three days, and we were, but things were just different. It seemed like the photo incident had awoken in Ginia anyway too many of the old painful memories of her life. She was there but she was distant, maybe the awareness that despite the problems Steph and I had we were still going to remain in our marriage, I don't know, we both did a good job of skirting around the problem.

In my case it just bought up thoughts as to whether I'd done the right thing for me rather than Gin when we broke up. I was finding it hard to understand whether it was a case of sacrifice that made me do it or selfishness that I didn't want the hassle of a permanent relationship. It would be another year and a half before Steph came along so I hadn't jumped from one relationship to another that was clear, but for the life of me I couldn't remember why I'd been so decisive with cutting Ginia free, I couldn't even remember us really talking hard out about it. I thought it was by mutual understanding and goodwill. I wasn't going to ask Ginia, and she was the only one with the answers. Instead I did nothing.

Anyway when we met at lunch in my office she bought me up to date with what Steph and her had talked about this morning. Steph had told her about last night and this morning but Gin just kept it on the down low with a smile and the comment that it was the way to rebuild a relationship, I definitely didn't want to comment one way or the other but she went on, "M, you're going through the correction and decision phase linked with acceptance of the decision you've made."

I must have looked at her with a big question mark over my head.

"Look Mitch, you're calm, the calmest since we met in my office three days ago, we've talked here for ten something minutes and you haven't used a swear word at all in that time, have you?"

I hadn't realised that, what man would? she continued, "You deciphered all the input and made a decision based on your observations, copy book really, now you're moving forward, rebuilding positivity."

I still didn't reply, I played that sentence through and through in my mind, I knew she had worked out the finality of our situation and was starting to hold us at arm's length, I was back to being with Steph, she wasn't about to get in the way, it all fitted so well as a dynamic, 'moving forward', so why wasn't I happy about it?

And just like that she changed subject, "Okay, now the better news, Dwight walked into my office and handed in his notice, unfortunately my boss was away so I had to deal with it. I don't think he even cleaned out his desk. I know he never went through to Admissions, I asked Steph and she said he never turned up, Chelsea was fine so unless they're hiding it for Steph's benefit I don't know that she know's either. I get the distinct impression that he may well work for our friend Joseph now, he had somewhat of a limp and his right hand was heavily bandaged but when I asked him for a forwarding address he said that any correspondence could be forwarded to him at his present address, don't get me wrong it wasn't said with any form of confidence. Oh and I asked him about any recordings that may have incriminating evidence about anything on University Premises, I said I had to ask all people that left our employ and he said that due to an unforeseen car accident his phone had been destroyed. Makes you wonder what a car called 'Joe' looks like really." We both cracked up, it was just plain funny, it didn't last.

"Also Janine got in touch with you regards Steph finding out about our two kids right? Are you happy with what we've got planned?"

"Yeah, the only thing about that is if Steph rings between now and me getting home."

"She won't ring, I'm pretty sure. When she said she was ringing I gave her a horrified look and said she couldn't do that, you'd probably get the shock of your life and the last thing she needed to do is have you with more hurt. I suggested She, Janine and Neil do to you what we originally planned you and the kids do to her."

"So you're not going to be there?"

"No she was happy knowing I'd been first to meet Janine and we'd made the connection. As far as she knows Janine is the only one that know's I'm her confidant. I don't even think she see's any weirdness in the fact that it's my son and your guy's daughter, she just see's it as a blessing of some kind I suspect, well from her attitude, she just seemed really, really happy over it, ya know?"

No I didn't as it was, I'd contemplated that it would probably be all right, she would accept it, but I'd not thought much about it if I was honest. We sat looking at each other, awkwardly, quickly Ginia got up and was at the door before I'd even moved, "Ok so that's me today, M, I'm busy the rest of the week but I'll give you a call round lunchtime with updates, okay hon. I'll be seeing ya, bye M."

I hadn't said a thing, nothing, not even 'bye' as she disappeared out and away.

Home, I didn't know how I'd react to the news awaiting me, surprised I'd guess so surprised it would be, I was a bit uncomfortable knowing it were an out and out lie, but it was the cause that was the important thing and of course the bigger lie behind that was Ginia and my past. I could here my Dad and Mum and their talk to me and my brother about compounding lies and how they always get found out in the end, yikes! Best I not think about that, while I'm trying to act out a lie I guess.