Louise Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"My vote is down." she said from the doorway.

"Hah! Two to one!" Kevyn exclaimed triumphantly.

"Ok fine!" Louise grumbled.

Juliette sat on the bed, hesitated, and then spoke to Louise.

"What did you tell Celeste not to tell me?"

"Nothing why?" Louise asked still debating over the hair issue.

"She told me that you taught her how to play hide and seek, but when I asked her to teach me; she said that it was a secret."

"All I did was teach her how to block out the emotions of those around her." Louise said. "She's so sensitive that I thought that I could help."

"That was it?" Juliette asked.

"That's it." Louise replied. "I didn't tell her not to tell you, although I think I know why she said that. I wanted her to do something for me, and she knew what it was before I asked. It scared her so I told her that it was our secret unless she told me that it was alright to tell or that I had to tell you."

"I'm not mad, I was just curious." Juliette said. "And whatever you did, it helped so thank you."

"You're welcome, are you sure about the hair thing?" Louise asked changing the subject.

********

At five pm sharp, Louise and Kevyn were in the hotel lobby. Louise had already donned the dark sunglasses and the lightweight jacket whose sleeves were long enough that she could put her hands inside.

"Ready?" Kevyn asked.

"Ready." Louise confirmed.

"Nathan is in the car closest to the door." Kevyn said as they walked to the entrance. "See you soon."

As soon as the door opened, Louise took off, and jumped into the back seat of the car whose door was already open. Nathan didn't give her a chance to sit on the seat before he had her in his lap.

"Noon seems like a lifetime ago." he said after he kissed her.

He eased her onto the seat next to him, opened the small fridge, and pulled out a large glass carafe filled with blood.

"It's going to be a long night so I want to be sure that you have enough although there will be blood available at the reception."

"What about you?" Louise asked.

"I fed before we left." He assured her as he handed her a large glass filled with blood.

"I'm still full from lunch." Louise said as she accepted the glass. "And I'm too nervous to even think about putting anything in my stomach" she added.

"Alright, but promise that you'll say something as soon as you begin to feel uncomfortable." Nathan said as he took the glass from her and poured the contents back into the carafe.

"I promise." Louise said and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?" Nathan asked as he listened and felt for any signs of pregnancy.

"I'm fine." she assured him and closed her eyes.

*******

The house was buzzing with activity. It was fully furnished, but not with the furniture that was on order. Nathan had hired an interior decorator to take care of furnishing the house for the wedding. He and Louise were both pleased with her work. The house staff was busy setting up the chairs on the beach, and making sure that refreshments were ready for those who would be arriving early.

Nathan gave Louise a kiss, and sent her to their room as soon as he heard the other cars approaching.

"I'll see you in a hour." he said kissing her again.

Kevyn joined her a few minutes later.

"This place is gorgeous! Do we have time for a quick tour?"

"I think so, but why don't we wait for the others?" Louise replied.

The rest of the group arrived a few minutes later. Louise gave a quick tour pointing out where the bathrooms were.

"There are snacks and things to drink in the refrigerator so help yourselves." Louise said. "Barb and Juliette, you and the girls can either change in the room with us or use one of the spare bedrooms."

"We'll come with you." Juliette said as she looked around for Barb.

"She went to the bathroom." Wanda said.

********

As soon as Barb saw the house, she started to make a disparaging remark. She was shocked when she couldn't speak. She tried several times to say something, but no sound came out, and no one seemed to notice. Once inside of the house, she tried to speak again, but had the inexplicable need to use the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror and tried to figure out what was happening.

"Aunt Barb?" Wanda called in. "Mom says that we need to hurry up."

"I'm coming." Barb called back as she continued to look at her reflection in the mirror. Another pimple had appeared. A small one that she could conceal with make up.

"Pregnant." a soft voice whispered in the back of her mind.

"No." Barb murmured refusing to believe it.

She left the bathroom, and followed the sound of female voices.

"Where is she?" Juliette asked as she helped Celeste with her dress that was the same shade of pink as her fingernails.

"I'm right here!" Barb snapped. "You would think that this was a royal coronation...."

She didn't finish her sentence. She turned, looked for the bathroom, and went in once she found it.

Kevyn looked at Louise, who mouthed "later."

Barb came out of the bathroom, and changed clothes without speaking to anyone. The fact that both brides, her sister and nieces were dressed comfortably for a beach wedding, and not a black tie affair didn't faze her in the least. No one said anything until she put her shoes on.

"Ummm Barb, you might want to leave the shoes." Juliette said as she slipped on her flat-soled sandals.

Barb started to lash out, but bit her tongue.

"She's right." Kevyn said, "You're going to have a hard time walking in the sand in those heels."

"I'll be fine." she replied not looking at Kevyn.

"Ten minutes!" Leon called into the room.

Juliette and the girls hugged Louise and Kevyn before leaving the room. Barb only glared and followed them out.

"What's going on?" Kevyn asked Louise when they were alone.

"Nathan compelled her to either go to the bathroom or to keep her mouth shut when she thought about doing or saying anything to ruin tonight." Louise replied.

Kevyn grinned. "I really like the way that he thinks."

"Kev do I look alright?" Louise asked her mind already on the ceremony.

"You look beautiful." Kevyn replied. "Barb was right, peach is your color."

Louise took a deep breath, and looked down at herself. The peasant style peach top and skirt did look nice against the brown of her skin. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and had to admit that Juliette was right about leaving her hair down. She looked at the sandals that were supposed to go with her dress, and decided not to wear them. Somehow, it didn't seem right.

She looked over at Kevyn whose outfit was the same as hers, but only a deeper shade of peach. Kevyn felt her watching and smiled.

"I agree about the sandals."

Louise could only nod. Her stomach was roiling as it had in the first grade when she had to recite a poem in front of the class. Her gorge rose when she remembered that she threw up in front of the whole class when she finished reciting the poem.

"Kev..." she started to say when she heard Nathan's voice in her head.

"I'm waiting for you." he said. "Just focus on that and my voice and you'll be fine."

"I don't know if I can do this." she replied telepathically.

"When you walk out, just look at me and no one else. It's just a short walk." Nathan replied.

"I'll ... I'll be alright." Louise replied.

"I'm waiting." Nathan said and went silent.

Kevyn took Louise's cold hand in hers, walked to the bedroom door and opened it. The sound of the ocean filled the room calming Louise. She gave Kevyn's hand a squeeze signaling that she was ready. Louise picked up the bouquets of wild flowers that lay on the dresser by the door, and handed one to Kevyn. Together they walked to the door that would lead them to their mates.

Leon met them at the door that led to the beach, positioned himself between them, and offered each of them an arm. He had talked to Gene about walking them down the aisle, but Gene had declined saying that he hadn't been asked.

"You're the oldest." Leon said. "You're supposed to take dad's place."

When Gene continued to refuse, Leon took the duty upon himself.

"You both look beautiful." he said, and then kissed each of his sisters' on the cheek.

He began to walk them to where Patrick and Nathan stood waiting with the minister, stopping when he reached them.

"Take good care of them." he admonished as he handed Kevyn over to Patrick, and Louise over to Nathan.

He stood until he had a response from each man.

"You have my word." Patrick and then Nathan said.

Satisfied, he sat down next to Juliette, and took Celeste into his lap.

*****

Barb watched as Leon walked Kevyn and Louise to the front of the group. She noticed Patrick's mother and her husband sitting in the front and to the left of her, and Nathan's parents in the front and to the right of her. What shocked her was that Nathan's mother was pregnant. It didn't make sense. She was too old wasn't she?

She looked at Nathan who had to be in his late thirties at best, and then at his parents. Then, the thought was gone. An angry thought replaced that one. She was going to mutter it under her breath, but the words stuck in her throat. She shifted in her seat uncomfortable in her heels and the dress that she had chosen to wear. Even though there was a breeze, the air was still warm, and the material of the dress seemed to amplify the warmth.

When everyone was preoccupied with the wedding, she kicked off her shoes, and then pretended to be paying attention. She was actually wishing that she was anywhere but where she was.

*******

Nathan whispered a word of thanks to Leon for once again stepping into the role of eldest male. When he saw Louise, his breath caught. The peach colored outfit was a perfect complement to her skin. The way her hair blew in her face reminded him of the first time he had brought her to the beach. His hands itched to tuck it behind her ear as he did that night.

"You are so beautiful." he thought to her as she walked toward him holding onto her brother's arm. He had forgotten about Kevyn and Patrick until Leon spoke to them.

He took Louise's hands in his, and pulled her into his arms not caring whether it was a part of the ceremony or not. After holding her for a moment, he gently pushed her back, tucked her hair behind her ear; and kissed her.

"Are we ready?" the minister asked.

"Ready." Nathan said after breaking the kiss.

As the minister read his prepared wedding vows, Nathan was saying his own to Louise telepathically.

"I Nathan Sinclaire take you Louise Yancy as my wife, my mate, my friend and lover for eternity. I promise to love and protect you and our children even if it should cost me my life. Your family is now my family, and they are under my protection from this moment forth."

When the minister was finished speaking, Nathan removed the plain gold band that he was wearing on his pinky finger, and slipped it onto Louise's left hand, ring finger. When it was in place, he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it.

Louise's physical and telepathic voice was tight as she listened to Nathan's vows. She had so much that she wanted to say, but didn't know where to begin. The only thing that she could get out was a choked "I love you." as she slipped the gold wedding band onto his left hand, ring finger.

Nathan didn't wait for the minister to finish with Patrick and Kevyn before he kissed Louise. He didn't release her from his arms until the minister finished with Kevyn and Patrick, and got ready to announce them husbands and wives.

"I am pleased to introduce to the world Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Sinclaire and Mr. and Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Sinclaire."

Everyone with the exception of Gene and Barb clapped and shouted as the two couples made their way back to the house. Even Joseph, who had been so sullen at the twin's wedding clapped and whistled as they walked by hand in hand.

Gene's face remained impassive until they reached him; and then he forced a smile. Barb sat scowling, but unable to verbalize any of the thoughts that went through her mind. A wave of nausea hit her making her breath catch. She waited until the nausea passed, got unsteadily to her feet, and made her way back the car that would take them to the reception. She would have forgotten her shoes if Vincent hadn't noticed them beneath her chair.

Once in the car, she laid her head back, and waited for the others to get in. She closed her eyes when she heard Juliette get into the car with the kids followed by Leon and then Gene.

"Mom and dad would have been so proud!" Juliette said as she strapped Celeste in. "It was a beautiful wedding!"

"It sure was." Leon agreed. "Poor Lou though, I thought that she was going to toss her cookies."

"But she didn't." Juliette replied. "I'm glad that you walked with them, I think that helped her."

"I wish that..." Barb started to say but could get no further. It was beginning to dawn on her that whenever she thought bad thoughts, or was going to say something bad, she couldn't talk. To prove out her theory, she began to say something negative about Louise. Then she said something neutral.

"It was a nice night for a wedding." And she had no problem speaking.

"What in the hell is going on?" she muttered.

*******

Nathan took Louise to their bedroom, while Patrick took Kevyn to one of the spare rooms to spend a few minutes alone with her before going to the reception.

"You are a beautiful bride." Nathan told Louise when they were alone.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't say anything." Louise said. "I knew what I wanted to say but ...."

"No worries." Nathan assured her. "You said the most important thing, and that's what matters."

He hugged her and kissed her head; and then frowned.

"Sweetheart, you're hot again." he commented.

"I am?" Louise asked. "I feel fine, but I am a little hungry."

Nathan was confused. The effects of the turning should have been over long before now, and Louise said that she felt fine. He made a mental note to call Gretchen Matthews to see if she could look at Louise. It was a meeting that was bound to happen any way, as she would be the one to deliver their babies.

"Alright then, let's get going." Nathan said. "You can drink the blood that you didn't drink earlier."

A few minutes later, they were on their way to the reception. Kevyn and Patrick sat in the seat across from them wishing that they hadn't decided to ride back in the same car. Louise blocked them out, and concentrated on not spilling blood on her outfit.

By the time they arrived at the reception, her temperature was gone, although she still maintained that she never felt sick. As soon as they were out of the car, they heard someone call out, "They're here!"

The music stopped as everyone waited for them to walk through the gate and into the yard. When the cheers died down, the music began again; and the party commenced.

Gene sat in a corner watching the party, and made a decision. He was going to approach the sister who was the most approachable- Louise but he had to wait.

********

Hans was waiting by the front gate when the car containing Juliette and the children arrived. He rushed to the car, and opened the door before the driver was out of the car. He smiled, and then nodded at Leon, barely glanced at Gene, offered Barb his hand because it was the polite thing to do; and held out his arms for Celeste.

"She won't co...."

Juliette's mouth dropped open when Celeste reached for Hans and allowed him to hold her. Next, he held out a free hand to Wanda who giggled, and then to Juliette who blushed when she took his hand.

"I've reserved a table for nine in case others from your family decide to join us." Hans said still holding on to Juliette's hand. "Are we ready?" he asked.

Juliette was tongue-tied. Her mouth wouldn't work no matter how hard she tried to form the word "yes." so she nodded her head.

Hans led his family over to the table that he had reserved. Leon was already at the table talking to Nadine.

"I hope that you don't mind." Leon said. "I saw Nadine sitting alone and decided to join her."

"I don't mind at all." Hans replied. "I was hoping that you would join us."

He led Juliette to a chair, and sat between her and Nadine still holding Celeste in his arms. Victor held out the chair next to Juliette for Wanda, and imitated the slight bow he had seen Hans do several times. He beamed when Hans and Leon both smiled at him.

"Shall we go get refreshments for the ladies?" Hans asked.

"They're here!" Someone shouted before anyone could reply.

Hans stood up still holding Celeste, pulled out Juliette's chair, and offered her his free hand. When she took it, he felt a current pass between them that he was sure that she felt as well. His suspicions were confirmed when Juliette looked up at him and blushed.

"Come on!" Wanda exclaimed. "I want to see them come in!"

Juliette was going to pull her hand out of Hans' but he wouldn't let it go. Another current passed between them and Juliette's grip on Hans' hand tightened.

"Come on!" Wanda said pulling on Juliette's free hand.

They made it to the gate just as Kevyn and Patrick were close to the gate followed by Louise and Nathan. No one noticed that Barb wasn't with them, but was sitting at a table glaring at them. Thoughts that she couldn't verbalize ran through her head as she watched the two couples pass by.

The nausea was back even worse than it had been before, but she was sure that she wasn't going to throw up. She dug through her purse for the package of mints that were more helpful for the nausea than the tums were, and chewed three of them. As juvenile as it was, she wished that she could throw up all over everything.

The thought barely had time to register before she was making a run for the nearest bathroom. She slammed the door closed, leaned against it, and waited for the nausea and dizziness to pass. Once it did, she went to the sink, wet a washcloth and was about to apply it to her neck when she stopped and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

Another pimple had appeared next to the previous one. She reached into her purse, took out the sample-sized container of concealer, and set about covering the pimple. Just as she finished, another wave of nausea hit her, and this time, she threw up.

"Oh my god." she murmured as she finally verbalized what she had been denying for days. "I'm pregnant."

Suddenly, her jealousy of Louise and Kevyn wasn't important. She stared into the mirror trying to come to grips with what she considered an unwelcome and disastrous situation. No man, rich or poor would look at her with a big belly; and then a newborn.

"Shit!" she swore and then wondered how it happened. She was on birth control... Depo-Provera, so she shouldn't have gotten pregnant. She sat on the toilet seat, and tried to process how it could have happened. Children had never been a part of her life's plan. That fact was the main reason why her husband left her. She grimaced as she remembered some of the fights that they had had over the issue.

Shock slowly gave way to anger as she saw what she wanted in life go down the drain. The sound of approaching voices made her pull herself together. She only had to get through the rest of the visit with her family; and she could begin to plan.

The newlyweds were on the dance floor when Barb went back to the reception. She glanced at them, but didn't give them a second thought as she went back to her table where she would sit for the rest of the night.

********

Gene saw Barb sitting alone and went to join her.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he sat down.

"Never better!" Barb snapped without looking at him.

"I know how you feel." Gene said overlooking Barb's tone. "How did they do it?" he asked as he looked around the grounds until his eyes landed on the house. "Look at Leon." he mused. "He's got his head so far up their asses..."

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers