Louise Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"It's called socializing." Juliette said from behind them. "You might try it; it's reported to be a lot of fun."

"Where's your date?" Barb asked dryly.

"At the table which he reserved for all of us." Juliette replied. "Why don't you sit with us?"

"Sure, why not?" Gene replied suddenly seeing Hans as another investor.

"I'll stay where I am." Barb replied as she shot Gene a withering look that he ignored.

Barb looked over at the table where Hans was sitting with Leon who had his arm around...

"The housekeeper?" Barb muttered. "He couldn't do better than a hotel worker?" She was more than ready to leave, but knew that if she did her phone would start ringing off the hook. "Just a few more days." she whispered.

******

It was an hour before Gene got his chance to dance with Kevyn, and then Louise.

"Nice wedding." he said as he and Louise danced. "You and Kev did good... what's your secret?"

Louise tensed; but said nothing.

"I mean, you haven't been here that long, and you have a house on a private beach." Gene continued.

"What do you want from me Gene?" Louise asked cutting to the chase.

"Nothing really... I was just wondering if you knew who Nathan invested with..."

"I don't believe this." Louise said softly. "I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am. Gene, this is me and Kevyn's wedding reception and not a time to drum up business."

"I was only...:

"I know exactly what you were doing, and I won't talk to Nathan for you." Louise said her tone cool.

"Why not?" Gene asked.

"Because you haven't talked to him and you're using me." Louise replied. "If you want to do business with Nathan, you talk to him about it. Thanks for the dance."

She left Gene standing in the middle of the dance floor wondering what had happened to his sweet, easily manipulated sister. What he didn't notice, was that Nathan was watching him with eyes filled with disgust and anger.

Nathan pushed the anger away when he saw Louise making her way toward him. He wasn't going to let anything ruin this night for her. When she reached him, he took her by the hand, and led her down a path that led to a small clearing.

"I just needed a few moments alone with you." He said as he sat on the ground and pulled her into his lap. "How are you doing?' he asked after she was situated.

"I'm fine." she replied. "You were right about Barb."

"You're welcome." Nathan replied touching her face.

"You're a little warm." he commented.

"But I feel fine so stop worrying about me." Louise replied, and kissed his cheek. "We'd better get back before someone starts looking for us."

No one seemed to have missed them as no comments were made. Kevyn and Patrick were sitting at the table with Nathan's parents and grandparents. When Kevyn saw them, she smiled and patted the empty seat next to her.

"I was just telling Kevyn that both of you make such lovely brides." Maryanne said. "This family is blessed to have been given both of you."

"Thank you." Louise replied. "But I feel like I'm the lucky one. You've all been very kind to me, and I appreciate it."

"Patrick says that you hope to open your own restaurant someday." George, Maryanne's husband said.

"I would like to, but there's so much that I don't know." Louise replied relaxing a little at the change of subject.

"We know that you're a good cook." George said. "Your bread is excellent, and from what I hear from Patrick, you know your way around a kitchen."

"We're planning to go to France next week." Nathan said. "I signed us up at one of the cooking schools."

As Nathan was talking, Kevyn happened to look out to the dance floor. Her eyes widened, she kicked Louise's foot, and indicated that she should look toward the dance floor. It took Louise a few seconds to figure out what Kevyn wanted her to see. When she saw it, she smiled.

*******

"Juliette," Hans said softly, "may I please have this dance?"

"Go on." Leon said. "Me and Nadine will take care of baby girl."

Juliette looked around for Victor and Wanda, and saw them at another table talking to Patrick's niece Victoria.

"We'll keep an eye on them too." Leon assured her.

Juliette looked at Hans, wondered why she was hesitating and then realized that she was afraid. The longer the evening went, the more she liked Hans and the way he dealt with her children. She knew that she was falling for him when he explained his relationship to Nadine after she had called him papa.

"You did that for a girl that you didn't know?" Juliette asked.

"I would have done that for anyone who appeared at my home the way that Nadine did." Hans replied. "I believe that people are placed in our paths for a reason whether that reason is good or evil, and Nadine was for the good. She is brilliant. It has been a privilege to help her, and I am honored that she considers me her father."

"Juliette?" Hans called softly. "Please dance with me."

Still she hesitated. Hans reminded her of Angel in so many ways, but he was different. She knew that if she danced with him, it would be over, she would fall the rest of the way in love with him. She wanted to say no just to protect her children from another hurt, but she couldn't resist.

She took his hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor. The moment Hans put his arms around her, she knew that he was the one man that she could compare to Angel, and that he wouldn't fall short. They danced in silence for the first song and through part of the second before Hans spoke.

"I don't want you and the children to leave."

"Hans..."

"I know that this is sudden, but it really isn't." Hans said. "Have dinner with me and allow me to explain."

"I can't just up and move to California!" Juliette exclaimed. "I don't have a job, my belongings are in Pennsylvania, and so is the kid's father."

"If you had a job, and a place to live would you think about it?" Hans asked. "I'm putting the cart before the horse, have dinner with me tomorrow night. Sasha will be more than happy to watch the children so that we can talk."

Juliette thought about it for the length of the third song.

"Alright." she replied.

"Thank you Juliette." Hans said, and kissed her temple. Half the battle was over.

********

The sight of Hans and Juliette began to push Barb to the breaking point. She couldn't explain why it angered her so much, but just when she thought that she couldn't take any more, she looked over, and saw Leon kiss Nadine on the temple.

She stood so quickly that the world spun. She had to wait until it stopped before she could move. She gathered her things, and practically ran to the gate where drivers were waiting to take guests home or wherever they wished to go. Barb gave her address and stared out of the window once she was in the car. When her phone rang, she ignored it. She wasn't going to talk to anyone until she had to which would be at the gathering at Kevyn and Patrick's on Monday evening. In the meantime, she planned to think about what to do about the unwanted child that she was carrying.

*******

Louise was the one who saw Barb hurry off, and wondered what had happened. She lowered her shields, and felt Barb's intense anger, but wasn't able to determine the cause until much later in the evening. She excused herself, went to a quiet corner, and called Barb's cell phone. She wasn't surprised when there wasn't an answer.

"What's the matter?" Nathan asked from behind her.

"Barb left suddenly and I wanted to check up on her." Louise replied.

"Is she alright?" Nathan asked more out of concern for Louise than Barb.

"I think so." Louise replied. "Thank you for asking."

"I may not like her, but you're concerned about her which concerns me." Nathan replied. "It looks as though you weren't the only one to come to California to be found by your mate." he commented.

"Hans and Juliette?" Louise asked. "He'll be good for her."

"Not just her." Nathan said. "Look over in the far corner."

Louise looked in the direction where Nathan indicated.

"Leon and Nadine?" she asked surprised. "That's great! But wait... how?"

"I'll explain later." Nathan said. "Let's enjoy the rest of the reception."

******

Gene left shortly after Barb did. He too had seen and heard enough. He thought about going home early, and changed his mind. Who knew when he would get another opportunity like this? And for all he knew, Louise could change her mind about talking to Nathan.

Like Barb, he left without saying anything. He didn't want to come up with a viable reason for his early departure. He walked up to the first driver he saw and gave the address of the hotel. It was a good time to get a good buzz going since no one would be there to check on him.

When he arrived at the hotel, he thought about going to see Barb. In the end, he decided that he wasn't in the mood for her bitchiness. A cold can of beer sounded much better.

********

At two am, Celeste was asleep in Hans' lap, Wanda was still talking to Victoria with whom she had become fast friends, and Victor was asleep with his head in Juliette's lap. Leon and Nadine were off in a corner quietly talking amongst themselves, and the newlyweds had already gone to their undisclosed locations.

Before they left, Kevyn and Louise spoke with the siblings who remained at the party.

"Monday evening." Kevyn said "and feel free to bring dates." she added looking at Juliette and Leon. "A car will be at the hotel to pick you up around four-thirty."

"You really don't have to stick around for us." Juliette said.

"We know, but we want to." Louise replied. "You came all the way out here, and we wouldn't feel right about leaving you. Could you make sure to remind Gene and Barb?"

Patrick, Nathan and Hans stood back and waited for the discussion to be over.

"Congratulations." Patrick said slapping Hans on the back.

"That may be premature." Hans replied. "She hasn't accepted me yet, and she leaves in four days. If that happens I will need some time off."

"She'll accept you." Nathan said.

"I agree." Patrick said. "And if you need to go to Pittsburgh, then so be it. Take as much time as you need."

"Thank you... would it be wrong of me to say that I'm glad that it isn't the other one?" Hans asked.

"Not at all." Nathan said. "Both Patrick and I have said the same thing. What I'm curious about is why the fates changed their minds."

"I'm not so sure that they did." Hans replied. "I think that it was her."

"Maybe it was a combination of the two." Patrick said. "But whatever the reason, you dodged the bullet and got a much better mate out of it."

"This is true." Hans replied, and then hesitated. "I know that in mating with Kevyn and Louise that you have extended your protection to their siblings. I would like to add my protection to yours, as you are now a part of my family. I may not be as powerful, or as wealthy as you are, but I am not without my resources. I would die to protect anyone in this family."

Patrick held out a hand to Hans.

"Money or power has nothing to do with it. The willingness to do whatever needs to be done to protect your family does." He said. "You are a good man, and I can see that you care for Juliette and her children. Welcome to our family."

Hans shook Patrick and then Nathan's hand.

"Thank you." Hans said. He went to Juliette, whispered something in her ear, and moved away with a smile on his face.

"And the family continues to grow." Nathan said quietly.

********

Louise was hot again, but denied feeling ill. Nathan made her feed again, and made a unilateral decision. She was going to see Gretchen before the gathering on Monday. He told Louise about the decision as he drove back to the beach house.

"I'm not sick." she insisted.

"Probably not, but you still shouldn't be having fevers." Nathan insisted. "It's only a matter of time until you meet Gretchen anyway." he added.

"Who is she again?" Louise asked.

"Do you think that I'm pregnant?" Louise asked after Nathan told her who and what Gretchen was.

"I don't know." Nathan said. "I've been listening for a heart beat and watching for other signs of pregnancy, but I've seen and heard nothing. I know that you think that I'm overreacting, but sweetheart something is going on with you, and I'd rather be safe than sorry."

"What if I am pregnant?" Louise asked.

"I would be thrilled although I must admit, that I thought that I would have you to myself for a few centuries." Nathan replied. "What about you? Would you be alright with being pregnant?"

"I would have to be wouldn't I?" Louise asked. "It would take getting used to like everything else I've experienced in the past few weeks has, but I would adapt."

"We would adapt together." Nathan said taking her hand.

The conversation ended when the house came into view. The chairs from the wedding were gone. In their place was a blanket with a picnic basket sitting on it.

"We have two hours before we have to go in so I thought that we could spend them where it began." Nathan said taking her hand.

"I don't understand." Louise replied.

"I knew who you were as soon as I saw you." Nathan replied. "But it was here on this spot that I fell in love with you. It was a night much like tonight. There was a breeze that blew your hair into your face... Remember?" he asked. "I reached down just like I did last night, and tucked your hair behind your ear."

"I remember." Louise said.

"It just seems fitting that we make love here."

"Are you sure that we're alone?" Louise teased as she toyed with the buttons on his shirt before beginning to unbutton them.

"Completely." he assured her as he pulled her into him. "You really are a beautiful bride. You are a beautiful mate, and you will be a beautiful mother."

Louise stood on her tiptoes using Nathan's shirt as support, and pulled him down to her for a kiss. Tears were brimming in her eyes when they broke the kiss.

"You're crying." Nathan said concerned.

"I'm happy." Louise replied.

"That's what I like to hear." Nathan said as he wiped away a tear that had escaped. "And happy is how I'm going to keep you."

In a blink of an eye, they were naked and lying on the blanket face to face to face. Nathan gently pushed Louise onto her back and stretched out on top of her, his hips between her thighs. Just as he was about to enter her, he changed his mind. He pulled back, sat on his haunches and held his hands out to her. When she took them, he pulled her up to him, lifted her; and eased her down onto his cock.

When she was sitting in his lap, his cock fully imbedded in her, Nathan kissed her lips, and then her neck. He pressed his lips against the pounding pulse and stilled. Louise becoming impatient began to move in his lap prompting Nathan to hold her in place.

He held her in place for a full five minutes before releasing her, and biting into her neck.

"You are mine, and I am yours." he thought to her as he began to drink from her.

Another claiming wasn't necessary, but Nathan felt the need to do it anyway. It was as much for him as for her.

Louise began to moan softly into Nathan's shoulder. The moans became louder and mixed with sobs as Nathan took her closer to orgasm.

"Wait for me." Nathan thought to her as he felt his orgasm begin to build.

Nathan closed his eyes, and allowed himself to feel what Louise was feeling. As soon as he felt her orgasm begin, he let his begin as well. The thought that their orgasms shouldn't be this intense flitted across his mind as his seed made its way into Louise's womb. The thought disappeared when Louise screamed her release into his neck.

Afterwards, they stayed on the beach for as long as they could, the contents of the basket forgotten until they had to go inside.

"What's in there?" Louise asked.

"A carafe of wine, cheese and some fruit." Nathan replied. "But we'd better get inside. I can tolerate some sun, but you can't."

Nathan hurried her into the house, sat her in the kitchen and ran from room to room making sure that all of the shutters and drapes were closed. By the time he made it back to the kitchen, Louise had already started making a breakfast casserole.

"What are you doing?" Nathan asked. "This is supposed to be your wedding day."

"We have to eat don't we?" Louise replied. "And I don't think that what's in that basket is going to fill you up."

"Then you sit and let me do it." Nathan insisted as he took the whisk out of her hand.

"You whisk and I'll cut." Louise replied picking up a knife.

Nathan stopped arguing. For one, it was useless, and two, he liked cooking with her. While the casserole baked, Nathan made a call to Gretchen.

"Nathan!" Gretchen exclaimed surprised to be hearing from him. "Is everything alright?"

"I think so." Nathan replied. "Let me tell you what's been happening."

Gretchen listened without interruption, and then began asking questions beginning with the normal signs of pregnancy.

"No nausea and she doesn't complain of her breast being tender." Nathan replied. "She sleeps well, and as much as one would expect one who has just been turned to sleep, but Gretchen; what concerns me are the fevers."

"What about pain?" Gretchen asked.

"The only pain that she has is when she's missed a feeding." Nathan replied. "When can you see her?"

"Does she feel ill during the fevers?" Gretchen asked.

"No, she doesn't but, I think that's what concerns me." Nathan replied. "I've been listening for the heart beat of a child, but I don't hear anything."

"But that doesn't mean that she isn't pregnant." Gretchen replied. "Katrina was pregnant with twins and I never heard the heart beat of the second baby. Unfortunately, we can't take into account her menstrual cycle...."

"Why not?" Nathan asked. "I know that she hasn't bled since we've mated."

"That may be, but when was her last cycle before that? For all you know, it could have been just before you mated." Gretchen replied. "Bring her by tomorrow night, or if you prefer; I can come to you tonight."

"How soon can you get here?" Nathan asked.

"Don't you want to ask Louise?" Gretchen asked. "This is the day after your wedding."

"She is aware of my concerns, how soon can you get here?" Nathan asked.

"Give me an hour." Gretchen replied and hung up.

Nathan turned to tell Louise that Gretchen was coming to see her, and froze. Louise was bent over the kitchen sink dry heaving. He ran over to her, picked her up, carried her to the closest bedroom, and laid her on the bed.

"I'm ok." she insisted as she tried to get up."

"Stay put." Nathan said firmly. "Gretchen is on her way over. Are you having any pain?" he asked as he sat on the edge of the bed and ran his hands over her body.

"No, and I was fine until I opened that package of sausage." Louise replied. "The smell just made me sick to my stomach; but I'm fine now."

"Even so, stay put until Gretchen has seen you." Nathan said.

He was trying to be calm, but he was frightened. What if she was pregnant and she was losing the baby? What if the pregnancy was endangering her life? If there was a choice to be made, he already knew whom he would choose. Louise would always come first. They would work through the loss of the child together and go from there.

"Nathan, I'm fine." Louise said again as she felt his distress. "Just get rid of the sausage."

Nathan looked at her, and then began to probe her.

"Stop that!" Louise exclaimed.

"Shh!" Nathan said as he concentrated on listening for anything abnormal, and the heartbeat of a baby.

"Nathan, I am fine!" Louise exclaimed.

Nathan stopped probing and looked at her for a few seconds before speaking.

"When I mated with you, I promised to care for and protect you. I also promised that I wouldn't probe unless I had to, and in my mind, this is a have to. There's something going on that I don't understand, and I want to know what it is."

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers