Louise Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

He broke the kiss, and released her.

"Sleep well." he murmured and then walked away.

Juliette stood still for a few more seconds before going into the suite. She shook her head, and then went inside.

*********

Kevyn had already started food preparations by the time Louise and Nathan got there.

"Patrick is in the movie room getting things set up." she said after greeting Louise, and then Nathan with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll head down there." Nathan said. "Do you need me to carry anything down?"

"No thanks." Kevyn said. "I'll send the guys down when they get here."

"So how are you?" Kevyn asked Louise when they were alone.

"I'm good." Louise replied. "I have something to tell you though."

Kevyn stopped what she was doing to give Louise her full attention.

"You know that I've been having fevers ever since I turned. Well, there's a good reason for it."

"Are you sick?" Kevyn asked anxiously.

"No, far from it." Louise replied. "I... I mean we're pregnant."

It took several seconds for the news to sink in. When it did, Kevyn screamed in excitement.

"A baby? Oh my god! Sit down..."

"Kevyn, stop!" Louise said laughing. "I'm pregnant not sick."

"Right, you're perfectly... pregnant! Have you seen a doctor yet?"

"Yes this morning." Louise replied. "She's already started me on the prenatal vitamins."

"How does Nathan feel about it?" Kevyn asked.

"He was surprised and thought that we'd have more time alone together, but he's thrilled." Louise said.

"And you're alright?" Kevyn asked.

"I'm scared, happy and excited at the same time." Louise admitted. "But happy and excited are tied for first place."

"I can't believe it." Kevyn said hugging Louise. "A baby! Are you going to tell the others tonight?"

"If that's alright with you..."

"Of course it is! Have you told Nathan's parents yet?" Kevyn asked.

"He called them this afternoon. I think his mom screamed louder than you did." Louise replied laughing.

"Then everyone knows." Kevyn commented.

"Hey! Where are you guys?" Victoria called.

"In the kitchen!" Kevyn called back. "I invited Victoria since she and Wannie seemed to get along so well." Kevyn explained.

Victoria greeted Kevyn and Louise with a kiss and a hug.

"Is it true?" she asked rubbing Louise's stomach. "Are you going to have a baby?"

"It's true, but I haven't told my brothers and sisters yet so could you please not say anything?" Louise asked.

"I won't and I hope that you have a boy." Victoria replied.

"Why is that?" Louise asked.

"I don't know..." Victoria replied. "A boy would be nice. It would make Nathan happy."

"A healthy baby and mate is what would make me happy." Nathan said as he picked Victoria up and swung her around.

He sat her on her feet after kissing her on her cheek.

"I think that Patrick wants to see you." he said to her when she stopped giggling.

"Congratulations!" Kevyn said hugging Nathan.

"Thanks... we're both surprised but excited." Nathan replied. "I hear a car coming." Nathan added.

A few minutes later, Juliette, the children along with Leon and Gene were in the kitchen.

"No date?" Kevyn asked Leon.

"She'll be here in a while, she's coming with Hans." he replied. "Has anyone heard from Barb?"

"No, but she should be here." Kevyn replied. "Nathan, do you mind taking Gene and Leon to the movie room? And Wannie, Victoria is downstairs waiting for you."

"Vickie is here?" Wanda asked, and took off at a run not knowing where she was going.

"Hold up!" Nathan called after her. "I'll take you to her." he turned to Louise, touched her stomach, and then kissed her. "See you soon."

Leon picked Celeste up, spoke to Victor and followed Nathan out of the kitchen. Louise noticed that Juliette was quiet and asked her about it.

"What's up?"

"Nothing." Juliette replied.

"I don't believe you." Louise said. "You never could lie." she added.

Juliette looked around to see if anyone other than them was in the kitchen.

"Never mind." Juliette said.

"Juliette, what happened?" Kevyn asked.

"I had dinner with Hans last night." she said after a lengthy hesitation.

"That's great! Isn't it?" Louise asked cautiously.

"It was, but then he told me some very strange things.... I believed him last night, but now I'm not sure." Juliette replied.

Kevyn and Louise looked at each other, and then back at Juliette.

"What kind of things?" Louise asked.

"It's crazy, but he thinks that he's a vampire and he says that you all know about it." Juliette replied.

"What else did he tell you? Louise asked.

"That he didn't want me and the kids to leave because he cared for us, and that we were mates."

"But you believed him last night." Kevyn replied. "What happened that you changed your mind?"

"Last night... I don't know." Juliette admitted. "Last night he showed me pictures of him and Nadine that looked old, but it could have been trick photography."

"But you know that it wasn't." Louise said quietly. "You're scared because of how fast you became attached to him."

Juliette stared at her.

"How do you... wait... are you telling me that there really are such things as vampires and that Hans is one?"

"Juliette, Hans didn't lie to you." Kevyn said gently, and then stopped hoping that she hadn't crossed the line. She decided that she didn't because Juliette came to them. Hans had already talked with her, and probably expected her to talk them about him.

"You believe him?" Juliette asked.

"We believe him because he's telling you the truth." Louise replied. "But this isn't the time to talk. There are too many people here. Can you come for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yes... vampires?" Juliette asked softly.

"Juliette, why did you invite Hans to come tonight?" Kevyn asked.

"Because I like him, and the kids like him too." Juliette replied.

"They're both good reasons, but ask yourself this, what is your gut telling you? I understand what you're thinking and feeling, both Louise and I have been there..."

"What? Patrick and Nathan too?" Juliette interrupted.

The sound of Barb's voice halted the conversation.

"Dinner tomorrow night." Juliet whispered.

*******

The sisters cooked in relative silence with Louise occasionally giving instructions on how she wanted something seasoned. She periodically looked over at Barb and frowned. She didn't ask what was wrong for fear of upsetting the peace.

Nathan came to the kitchen an hour later to check on the progress of the food, and to see how Louise was doing. Barb looked at him but didn't speak. Nathan barely gave her a glance as he made his way to Louise.

"How are you feeling?" he whispered in her ear.

"I'm fine." she replied as Nathan touched her arm. "And yes, I know that I have a fever." she added with a smile.

"I also came to see if you needed help with anything. Patrick has things set up. All we need are you ladies."

"Hans and Nadine aren't here yet." Juliette said.

"He called and said that they were running a little behind, and that we should start without them." Nathan said.

"But he is coming isn't he?" Juliette asked anxiously.

Barb rolled her eyes and continued with her task of making sandwiches.

"He's coming." Nathan assured her.

"The hot wings are ready to go, and the potato salad is in the fridge." Kevyn said. "Barb, how are you doing with the sandwiches?"

"They're done." she said quietly taking care not to look at Nathan.

"Good, I'll carry them down and send Leon and Gene up for the rest." Nathan said.

As he approached her, Barb stepped away from the sandwiches. If Nathan noticed, he gave no indication as he took the tray of sandwiches from the counter. Leon and Gene came up a few minutes later to get the rest of the food.

"Is this it?" Leon asked.

"I think so." Kevyn replied as she headed toward the basement.

Juliette hung back.

"I'll wait for Hans and Nadine of that's ok."

"Sure." Kevyn replied. "You can go sit in the living room if you want... better yet, I'll wait with you."

********

Kevyn waited until they were alone before she spoke.

"I know that this is hard, and that it sounds like something from a television show; but this is real. The only thing that I want to tell you is this, hear him out, and follow your gut and your heart. We're here if you need to talk or if you need anything."

"He said that there was someone else but that she didn't want him... do you know anything about that?" Juliette asked.

"I do, but it isn't my place to tell you about it." Kevyn replied. "That's something that you'll have to ask Hans about."

"What about Leon? Do you think that he knows about Nadine?"

"I don't know, and it's something that I won't ask about unless he says something." Kevyn said. "I found out very quickly that they do things differently in this world, and doing anything to interfere with the mating process is a big no-no."

"Kev... how... I don't understand." Juliette said.

"I didn't either." Kevyn replied. "All I can say is talk to Hans and be honest about your fears and concerns."

The doorbell rang.

"I'll see you downstairs... just go through the kitchen and you'll see the door." Kevyn said.

******

Juliette wiped her sweaty palms on the legs of her jeans, went to the door and opened it. Hans' eyes widened and then glittered when he saw Juliette at the door.

"Juliette... Thank you for inviting me." Hans said fighting the urge to touch her.

"They're downstairs." Juliette said stepping back to let him and Nadine into the house.

"Go on Nadine, I'll be there shortly." Hans said.

"Are you alright?" he asked as they followed Nadine who stopped at the kitchen, not sure of where to go.

"I'm fine but we need to talk." she replied.

"Agreed." Hans said just as they reached Nadine.

*******

Nadine made a beeline for where Leon was sitting and Hans followed Juliette to the seats behind them.

"Welcome!" Patrick said with a warm smile. "We're glad that you could make it. As you can see, there's plenty of food and beverages. Because of the children, there won't be any alcoholic beverages served tonight. We have movies of every kind, but before we get started I'll show you where the bathrooms are, and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask."

"This is great!" Victor said as he followed Patrick on the tour of the basement.

"There are beds in the room in the corner for the kids as well as furnished rooms down the hall for anyone who can't keep up." Patrick teased.

Nathan and Louise stayed behind and made sure that there were plenty of napkins and anything else they thought might be needed. Gene sat in a corner not caring to go on the tour. He was hoping to catch Nathan alone. When he saw that it wasn't going to happen unless he made a point of it, he walked over to them and spoke.

"Nathan, I was wondering if I could have a word with you."

"I'll be back." Louise said, "I need to talk to Kevyn about something."

Nathan bent down, kissed her cheek, and waited until she was gone before turning his attention to Gene.

"Yes?" he asked his tone cool.

Now that Gene had Nathan's attention, he didn't know what to say so he started with an apology.

"I know that we started off on the wrong foot. I should have approached you with my proposals instead of leaving them where you or Patrick could find them."

He waited for Nathan to respond and continued when he didn't.

"I was also wrong to ask Louise to talk to you especially on your wedding day. I apologize for both of those things."

Nathan could hear the others coming back and decided that it was just as well that he didn't have a chance to respond. Gene needed to stew a bit longer, his apology while well said, wasn't sincere.

"Thank you for your apology, but I believe that you owe Louise one as well."

"I... sure." Gene agreed.

*******

Several minutes later, everyone was back, and filling their plates with food. Hans helped Juliette with the kids while Leon made Nadine sit while he fixed a plate for her, and then himself. Barb watched as Nathan and Patrick fixed plates of food for Kevyn and Louise and fumed. She wished that she had thought to find someone to bring even if it was Ollie.

She looked at Gene whose face was dark with anger, wondered who he was so angry with, and decided that it didn't matter. She had her own issues. She picked at her food. The sight of it made her nauseous reminding her of her condition.

"A few more days." she murmured. "And they'll be gone. Kevyn and Louise can go screw themselves." she added. She jumped when she felt cold eyes on her. When she looked, it was Nathan. He wasn't trying to hide his intense dislike of her.

"Before we get started." Patrick said, "Nathan and Lou have some news."

Nathan stood up, held out a hand to Louise, and pulled her to her feet. He put an arm around her, pulled her tight against his side, and grinned.

"We're having a baby!" he exclaimed.

The room was silent for several seconds before excited chatter erupted. Barb was dumbfounded, and then furious. When she thought no one was looking, she slipped out of the basement and up the stairs.

Louise turned around just as Barb slipped out of the room. She lowered her shields, and quickly brought them up when she felt the full force of Barb's anger toward all of them except for Gene. She thought to go after her, but decided not to. Whatever Barb's issues were, they were hers and hers alone. She had one last thought for Barb before she turned her attention back to the movie night that had become a celebration.

"Don't do anything stupid." Louise whispered.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers