Louisiana Heat Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shandal
shandal
290 Followers

*

John and the deputy went over to Kendal's place to deal with the body and to set the ball rolling on having it picked up by the coroner. From the description from the neighbour, John realised that it was the Mayor. The witness had told him the Mayor had gotten into his car and driven towards the south of town so he told the deputy to take statements from all witnesses and he set off in the direction the Mayor was last seen heading.

As if he hadn't enough on his plate at the moment with an escaped Jake Bailey probably either heading this way or somewhere hiding out around town, he now had the complications of a murder by the very man who he himself had done some dirty work on the side for, and had framed Bailey with the help of the murder victim.

It would also now mean that the reason to try to talk Hannah to give up the farm and move into town under his wing was gone. He had planned to go out later this afternoon for another talk with her anyway, but now he had to find the Mayor and try to do some fallout limitations.

The Mayor was going to have to be caught, and then shot when trying to escape.

*

Jake lay on the bed on his back, hands behind his head, and one leg bent at the knee, completely and unashamedly naked, watching as Hannah pulled on her dungarees, a big smile of his face.

Straightening up Hannah saw the smile on his face and jumping up onto the bed and over him started to playfully tickle his sides, being careful of the bandage that still covered the healing wound on his side, making him laugh along with her light-heartedly. The two of them rolled around on the bed, each trying to get the upper hand until after a while they kissed, still laughing and Jake gave a pat on her denim clad bottom. "Better stop distracting me woman, we need to get up and ready, and outside before Frank comes back from town."

So reluctantly Hannah got off the bed and walked towards the bedroom door, "I'll see you outside in five minutes. There's still fields to water down before the sun starts to kill the crops and sets them on fire." and she left the house walking over to the water pump.

*

The Mayor drove now at speed down the dusty road towards Hannah's, he had no idea what he was going to do, just that he knew he needed to get away somewhere for safety to think and work out what to do next.

Driving up to the entrance to the farm he stopped his car in front of the house where Hannah stood by the water pump and climbed out of the car. A shocked Hannah stood staring at the man who walked up to her in a rumpled suit, a trickle of blood at the side of his balding head where the lamp had hit him, a gun in his hand pointing at her.

"Get in the house Missy."

Dropping the full bucket of water onto the ground and taking a step back, Hannah stared at the gun. "I told you I'm not selling up?"

Laughing a little hysterically Claude answered back, "SHUT THE FUCK UP, if you had done what I asked and sold up I wouldn't be in the shit I am now. Its all your fucking fault Missy, now go into the house and shut up. I need to think."

Worrying that he would see Jake she prayed that he had seen the man pull up and point the gun at her and had run out the back and escaped.

Jake had seen the Mayor pull up through the front window, seen the gun, and was waiting inside the house behind the door.

*

Claude stepped inside the house behind Hannah, the gun in his hand pointing at her back he never saw the big man that attacked him from behind, knocking the gun out his hand, nor the punch that knocked him out unconscious. Running to stand behind Jake, Hannah said, "He's was acting crazy, he came out here days ago trying to make me sell up, I told him no, why won't he stop harassing me?"

"I think he's part of the people who defrauded the other farmers out of their land......maybe even running it, along with my old partner. They set me up." and turning him over on the floor pointed to the wound on the side of the man's head, "He's bleeding.....pick up the gun, we need to secure him until he comes around and I can find out what he wants and why he's here, get him to confess."

"No Jake you need to go.....he mustn't see you....if he's the Mayor he must have come for you....you have to go and go now before he comes around or the Sheriff turns up. Frank will be here soon, he'll help me....you have to go, they have the power in this town, you'll just end up being arrested and sent back."

Looking at her Jake shook his head, "No. I stay here and protect you. When Frank comes we'll decide what to do, but until he arrives I'm not leaving."

*

Frank drove along humming a tune, getting closer and closer to the old farm.

*

Abigail closed her front door and carrying the heavy suitcase loaded it into the taxi she had ordered to take her to the bus station over on the edge of town. The next bus for Lafayette was due to leave in about an hour and she intended to be on it and out of this backwater town and on her way to the West Coast and California when it left.

*

Jake pulled the rope tight around the Mayors wrists, then his ankles. "This should hold him!"

"What do we do then with him....after you've gone? Me and Frank what do we do with him, he's the Mayor.....he'll press charges on us."

Jake looked at her and grabbed her arms, "Come with me.....come with me up north and we'll start a new life together.....we'll phone the Sheriffs office once we're out of the county and away and tell him where he can find the Mayor. We'll tell him that he tried to attack you and that you hit him and he fell, by the time the Sheriff comes out and finds him we'll be long gone on our way to freedom. Together. Say yes."

Looking around at the only home she had ever known, and the place she had fought so hard to keep, tears started to flow from her eyes, "I don't know.....this is my home."

"Come with me....."

"I don't know!"

"Come with me....."

Hannah looked up at Jake, her mouth opening to give him his answer when they both heard the groan at their feet as the Mayor started to come around and whatever she was about to say was swallowed.

*

shandal
shandal
290 Followers
12