Love as a Form of Binding Ch. 02

Story Info
She needed the crash course - in crashing.
4.8k words
4.71
46.5k
25
6

Part 2 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 07/19/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,931 Followers

Time to introduce the male protagonist of this thing. A rather humble and unpretentious sort, but he's real. He'd say 'Damn' if he was mildly surprised, and a whole lot more if the situation called for it. He's stoic. He's sparse. He's even cheap though not to a fault, and above all, our guy here is pragmatic. He makes up rules of thumb as he goes through life. Mostly, they're out of humor at himself.

This was originally written to be a four-parter or so, but I have fun with it whenever I look at it, so it might get longer here. Depends on the girl's mood. She's uh, ... well she's changeable, let's say.

-----------------------------------------------

Tobias looked through the wiper blades trying to see a mailbox. He reasoned that if he could only see a farmer's mailbox, then he'd know whether he was still on the road (that he couldn't see), or already in a field. It was an oversimplification he knew, but it was about how he felt. He was used to these squalls and blizzards, but it tended to put him off his game a little when the snowdrifts flew over the hood and windshield of his truck. That had already happened twice this trip and it kind of tests the adrenal glands a little. Across the flatter parts in this screaming wind, he'd driven 57 seconds out of a minute seeing nothing and hoping for another 3 seconds of visibility. Well you have to correct your drift sometime...

Besides that, it was cold tonight. This was the kind of night that the local boys joke about, saying that if you had to pee, you'd better do it walking backwards to make room for the ice you're making.

"I freaking hate storms like this," he said to the steering wheel. It had been bad when he'd left work over an hour ago, and it had gotten worse since. It had taken him three tries to get out of the last town since the police were closing the roads. He wasn't that far from home now, and couldn't help the small smile that crept onto his face.

The truth was that Tobias didn't really mind driving through winter storms all that much, once he was out of the city and off the main highway. With the fools left behind, it wasn't so bad, though this particular storm was being a bitch about it. He listened to the soft whine of the four-wheel drive, and thanked it for being there. His old Dodge was almost fifteen years old, but this was what he had bought it for. He had a full tank of gas and six hundred pounds of sandbags in the bed of the truck. The weight was there for traction. He wasn't in a hurry. He found a speed that would keep him moving and stayed there.

He suddenly remembered a daydream that he'd had when he was back in high school – probably during a geography class, he thought. His mind would do this to him occasionally. He'd have a wild stray thought or memory as he drove that would make him stop and wonder where it had come from. Living where he did, he had lots of time to think.

He remembered that he had thought of just such a night as this. He had thought of being an adult and coming home from work late at night through a snowstorm. In his daydream, he'd even been driving a pickup truck, though he now couldn't remember what it looked like to him then. He'd been intent on getting home, and once finally there, relaxing with a computer for a short while before turning in. He smiled now to remember it. Personal computers were really out on the edge then. Few companies made them then as far as he knew, the IBM PC was just about to revolutionize the average person's life, though no one knew it then. Unknown to Tobias at the time, the fledgling network that would become the internet was just being tinkered with. Looking back, it was such an odd thing to daydream about. It was before he had ever worked an off-shift in his life, and he'd never even driven a pickup truck at the time.

He frowned a little as his memory of it reached the end. It had held no meaning to him then, but he now knew that in his daydream, he would check his email and then turn in. What bothered him now was that at the end, he had come to his home. It was a house. In his daydream, it was paid for, just as his own home was now, since he'd bought the thing with no mortgage. The whole thing was chilling enough, but in real life, there was only one detail missing from the daydream.

There was no woman there to curl up with on a stormy winter night. None of the relationships in his life had lasted long enough for something like that to happen. It was just something that he'd always wanted to do, though he couldn't have explained why it was important to him if asked in a conversation. He couldn't remember the last time that he'd thought of the daydream – if he ever really had since that geography class.

This was the start of a week of vacation now, and the best way that he could think of starting it in a blizzard was that way suddenly. For all he knew, it was something that no one ever thought of, but he did. He never thought of the daydream, but this aspect had always been a long-standing desire for him. He wouldn't care if she was awake and waiting for him or not, just as long as she loved him. That was all he'd want on a night like this. It hadn't happened yet, and he was pretty sure now that it never would.

He turned to drive through the town just south of his own. He didn't usually go this way, but his normal route had a couple of serious hills that he didn't feel like playing with tonight. He drove through the sleeping village and felt like the last man alive on Earth. In that old daydream, he hadn't felt this way at all, but he did now. He was in his late forties and lived alone. He'd never possessed a single outstanding feature to his mind. The difference between what the world saw and what Tobias saw of himself was somewhat skewed. To his mind, he was quite ordinary – just a guy – that's how he thought of himself. In fact, the exertion of his workday and his rather sparse way of living had left him in great physical shape. He just never saw it. He still had his hair, he thought, so that was something. It was a stupid thought that he'd hoped to use to force himself to cheer up with, but it hadn't worked.

He'd always been a bit on the shy side. He covered it well in public, but it had never left him. Whenever he looked back, his almost nonexistent love life had been filled with missed chances, misinterpreted signals, and bad choices. He hadn't had what he had envisioned a real love to be like. They'd never lasted long. After a while, he'd looked it all over and decided that he must be deficient somehow, or just not emotionally equipped to do whatever it was that other people did that made them successful at it. He liked women, but now just thought of them as female people who were probably in their own happy relationships. Even if they weren't, none of them would be interested in him, likely. Finally, it had come to him that evolution was working. Whatever deficiency he had would be gone from the gene pool when he finally took his dirt nap.

He sighed. However hard it had been for him to try at love when he was young, it was much harder now, he knew. He kept to himself, mostly. He wasn't weird or unfriendly, his new neighbors liked him well enough, but he wasn't hanging on their doorbells either. Well, he thought, so that stupid daydream had been a premonition of sorts. Here he was driving through a freaking blizzard in his pickup on his way to his home, which was a house, after all. He knew he'd check his email, and he knew that there wouldn't be any, except for a pile of offers to sell a college degree, or how wonderful his sex life would be again if only he'd buy their little blue pills. He snorted. Yeah, what a wonderful sex life he'd had. He shook his head.

He noted by the tire tracks in front of him that it was coming down worse now, and that there hadn't been anyone past here in a while. He cautiously rolled his shoulders. He was a fairly relaxed driver, but driving through one of these things had a tendency to cause him to pay such attention to the road and the conditions that he didn't perform whatever little things that he normally did automatically to keep his neck and shoulder muscles limber. He only had a few miles left now, so this was the home stretch.

"What the ..."

He opened his eyes wide as he saw something fly across the road in front of his headlights, maybe twenty feet in front of him. He knew that even the deer around here had more sense than to be out now. Besides, it wasn't a deer. That much was obvious. He got off the gas and began cautiously to brake. Unless he had just begun to lose it completely, he could have sworn that he had just watched a woman sail across the road to land on the other side of the ditch and throw up a lot of snow during the landing part of the flight.

In the middle of nowhere.

In a blizzard.

Naked, or pretty much, and there was one other thing that stuck out in his mind – she was obviously not much good at flying. From the glimpse that he thought he'd seen – or imagined - she was flying on her back with her chin almost touching her chest and her arms and legs were trailing out behind her. She'd looked like somebody had thrown her out of a bar, the way that she'd sailed.

He got his truck stopped and sat for a few seconds. Had he really seen that? There was only one way to tell. He'd seen a lot of things in the years that he'd been driving, but that was something you didn't see every day. He ground back slowly in reverse, looking for oncoming lights until he was about at the place where he thought that he was when he'd seen her – or thought he had, he told himself. He pulled into the snow on the shoulder and turned on his four-ways, looking hard out into the storm and thinking that he really must be losing it now.

As a general rule of thumb, women don't fly naked across roads at two o'clock in the morning in blizzards. He knew this. He knew this to be a certifiable, clinically-proven fact. He took a deep breath and let it out. Then he grabbed his flashlight and opened his door.

"I must be out of my fucking mind."

Not far off, he saw the groove that whatever it was had made in the snow. He looked quickly at the front of his truck. The snow that had been plastered against it by his driving was undisturbed, so he could be sure that he didn't hit anything. He walked into the ditch.

The going was pretty tough for a few feet, but he finally got to the groove in the snow. Shining his light along it, he caught a glimpse of a knee sticking up, before it fell sideways out of the beam.

He looked over his shoulder at where she must have come from, but he already knew that there wasn't a house or building there. He ran up as fast as he could while trying to get his cell phone out to dial 911. He landed on his face after dropping the phone. It took him a few seconds to find it and wipe it off. He heard a quiet groan, and shoved the phone into his pocket to cover the last few yards to her.

He reached out to touch her and decided that he must be crazy after all. There wasn't any doubt about it now. There was a woman naked in the snow, a hundred feet from the road in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard, and she'd been airborne and landed, sliding all this way.

And she was unconscious.

And ice cold to the touch.

He fumbled to get his phone out again, wondering how he was going to get them to believe what he was looking at here. As his phone lit up, he saw the picture of the female barbarian that he'd loaded there. She looked a lot less unlikely than what he was looking at now. At least she was wearing a chain mail bikini. He saw that it was 1:58AM.

And then he saw something that almost made him drop the phone again. He saw something that made him know suddenly that he wouldn't be placing that call. Something that moved and touched his snowy pant leg briefly before going limp again.

She had a thin tail.

He shone his light on it to be sure and then back at her face. She didn't squint, so he knew that she was still out. He bent down cautiously, ready to jump clear if she came to suddenly, but he had to find out. He reached out and touched one of her horns. If it wasn't real, it was awfully well glued on. He carefully lifted an eyelid, wanting to see if she had a concussion.

"Those have to be the wildest contact lenses I've ever seen," he muttered, before shining the light sideways. He wore contact lenses himself, and knew what to look for. He let her eyelid down gently.

She wasn't wearing contact lenses.

He stood up, wondering as the icy wind buffeted him. Likely there was no way that any emergency operator would believe him, especially on a night like this when they'd be swamped anyway. And even if they did believe him, there was no way that he'd see a quick response, given the conditions. He shone the light down again, and tried to see if there were any obvious injuries. He came up dry, so that was good. But what the hell was he supposed to do now?

"Well, darlin'," he said to her quietly, "Whoever you are, you need some help." He knelt down and after fumbling for a few seconds he picked her up as gently as he could and walked back to his old truck. The ditch was a cast iron bitch to get up out of, and he managed it without dropping her, though he went to his knees more than once. He got the door open, and ignored the things that his back was telling him about the odd angle as he placed her into the passenger seat and buckled her in. He could have carried her so that his back didn't complain about it, but since she wasn't a bag of potatoes...

He looked around the seat and cursed. He knew that there was a way to lower the back a bit, but he'd never needed to do that in all of the time that he'd had the truck. Finally he figured it out and managed to get her lowered a little without dropping her flat back. He ran around to the driver's side and cranked the heat to maximum for her before grabbing his snow brush to clear the windshield and wipers a bit better.

He shut off the four-way flashers and powered out of the snowbank cautiously and then saw the local grade school on his left. He needed to think, so he pulled in and drove over to a part of the lot that wasn't well lit by the sodium iodide lamps. He reached back between the seats and pulled out the heavy parka that he kept back there for nights like this and covered her with it. He touched her arm and it was still cold, but not as bad as before. Might just be because she's out of the wind now, he thought.

He leaned against his door and cracked the window some to light a smoke. "What the hell am I gonna do with you, Lady?" He knew it would take the better part of an hour to get her to the nearest hospital. What would they do once they figured out that she wasn't some passed-out costume party goer? He already held a low opinion of the place from a few of his own past experiences. He sure wasn't about to turn those idiots loose on this poor woman – or whatever she was dressed up to resemble. She hadn't done anything to him. Why would he do something like drop her off in the middle of a pack of fools who'd ignore ER patients as long as they weren't having seizures – if there was a hockey game on during the playoffs?

He had the distinctly creepy feeling that he was sitting in his truck here with someone who was not human. So, what was he to do about it? He pulled himself away from what he didn't know and decided to work on what he did. Never mind what he'd seen about her arrival from the other side of the road. He had a ... well, a female of some sort in his truck. Ok, it was a start. As far as he could tell, she was not physically hurt, with no broken bones that he was aware of. She just seemed to be unconscious. And, of course, she was naked. Well, he hadn't been this close to a naked woman in a long time, he thought with a smirk at himself. He came to a decision and turned to her.

"Ma'am," he began in a low voice, "I have no idea what happened to you, but I've got a really strong sense that you aren't somebody that the local hospital can help. I'm going to take you to my place, and try to look after you 'cause there's just no way that I can leave you out here in the snow. I hope that's all right with you."

He lifted the parka to look at her hand for a second, "I also hope that you don't tear me apart once you come to."

He pulled out of the school lot and headed up the road again, wondering if he was doing the right thing, wondering who she was. Hell, wondering what she was. He even wondered if he was placing himself at risk, but he threw that one away. At risk of what? Being hurt or killed by her? Well, it wasn't as if anybody would notice or care, would they? He knew there had to be some kind of explanation for the way that she'd broken the general rule of thumb about naked flying women in snowstorms.

He turned onto his street and pulled up his driveway before fiddling with the garage opener remote. As the door came up, he pulled in and didn't get out until the door had shut completely again. He shut off his headlights and turned off the ignition. He looked at her, wondering again how she had come to land in the field. "Well, honey, it's a lucky thing for you that field isn't fenced. If it had been me, I'd have landed against a barbed wire fence for sure." He smirked to himself as he imagined himself looking as though he'd gone through an egg slicer.

He got out and opened the door to the kitchen, hurrying to get his boots off. He walked through and turned on a light here and there. He had no spare bed since he never had any guests, but there was the couch in his den. He went to the linen closet and got out every spare blanket that he had.

After laying a flannel one on the couch, he ran back to grab a pillow off his bed. Tossing it on the couch, he ran back to the garage just before the light there went out from the timer. Opening the truck door, he reached across to unbuckle her seatbelt and then tried to pick her up, but the parka wasn't helping. He shrugged and pulled it away so that he could pick her up. She wasn't heavy, but the close quarters made it awkward. Finally, he had her out of there and shifted her carefully so that her head was on his shoulder.

She sighed against him and it made him smile. It was a sound that he'd heard very seldom in his lifetime. He tried not to think too hard about that because the only reason that he could remember for hearing it was because it had only happened whenever somebody had had about enough of him for one reason or another. The way that it had come out of Miss Snowflake here sounded more like the way that he'd have given a lot to be able to hear on a regular basis.

She'd probably be really embarrassed when she came to and if she was ok, would likely offer some plausible explanation about what had happened. He had no idea how it could be explained, but then he figured that he wasn't the smartest man in the world either. Then she'd likely borrow something to wear from him, make a phone call, and she'd be gone. He sighed at the thought, but then at least he'd have a less boring weekend than what he knew would happen, since it always did. He worried for a minute about stepping on her tail, but decided that in his socks like this he'd know if he was about to do that, and then he carried her to the den and laid her out very carefully on the couch so that her head was on the pillow. He reached up to scratch where one of her horns had been ticking his cheek as he'd carried her.

He stepped back to take a look at her for a few seconds. She looked to be maybe five feet four inches tall or so and in most respects, she appeared to be a human female, fairly thin-looking, but though she was slender, she had all the right parts, he thought. Her breasts were small, but on her they looked great. Any larger, and she'd be top-heavy. He shook his head. This was just being stupid. He cursed himself for taking advantage of her by looking. But there were some other things that caught his eye, like that tail. He picked it up carefully and put it onto the couch laying it against her. "If I had a tail, and I was frozen stiff, I wouldn't want it hanging out either," he muttered, not sure now if he really had seen it moving by itself earlier.

TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,931 Followers
12