Love at First Sight

Story Info
A story of first love.
2.2k words
4.43
19.4k
11

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/11/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just another wonderful freakin' day, Sara thought as she hung up the phone. Apparently everyone in the world had to have a haircut today. She sighed as her bleary eyes registered the time on the clock....3:30 already. She was supposed to leave at five today, but it didn't seem like she'd be done by then. Well, it was more money in her pocket, she supposed. She needed every bit of it since moving into her own place recently.

At 19, she couldn't stand the thought of living with her mother any longer. Unfortunately, the cost of living wasn't going down. Since she had finished cosmetology school six months ago, she'd been working her tail off to afford her 2 bedroom apartment in the city. All she had was a couch, a bed and a dining table with 2 chairs, but freedom was priceless and beautiful. Working helped to ease the lonely nights as well.

She regarded her reflection as she snipped through her last client's hair. She wasn't a small girl, but she loved her curves; her full hips and breasts gave her character and personality. She had let her hair grown down to her back, it hung in long, dark layers. A former boyfriend had wanted her to dye it platinum blonde, but she had refused. Ah, that former boyfriend. It was funny she should think of him now.

She had stumbled across Shane online when she was only 13 years old. What started as a chance meeting in a chat room soon turned into a deep friendship. She'd spend hours online talking to him, then, later, hours on the phone in her bedroom as well. He was disturbed, somewhat psychotic, but honest and deep. He had pursued her with abandon, not letting her get away. He had said the first " I love you'. But he had said many things.

That first "I love you" turned into hundreds, and they had fiery, fierce arguments as well as passionate moments. She could still hear his moans in her ear as they had their own version of sex, as he told her how much he loved and needed her. Never had she been so swept away.

Pretty damn good for a guy when all she knew about him was his voice and what he had told her. But as she got older, she had grown tired of the long distance affair. She had begged him to come down and meet her, or to let her come meet him. But he seemed to be so reluctant to do that. She didn't know why. There was something mysterious about him that he had never told her, that she had always wanted to know but could never quite figure it out. He had only sent her one picture of him the whole time she had known him, and had almost passed out when she saw it.

Shane looked every bit as good as his sexy, husky voice sounded. Long, dark hair that brushed his equally dark, deep, piercing eyes. Sara had printed a copy of his picture and kept it beside her bed for years. She'd often look at the picture and imagine him laying there beside her, imagine him touching her.

Years of waiting finally wore her down. She grew tired of begging him to meet her. She wondered if this person was real or if she had been made a fool of. She could still remember the dark night about a year ago when she finally ended the relationship. At first, he was angry, but then his voice had went flat and emotionless. Sara had begged Shane to fight for her, to fight for her relationship, to make plans to be together, anything. He simply told her, "Whatever you want."

She hated him for making her fall in love with him. Oh, she hated him. Yet she missed him still. Sometimes, in her dreams, she imagined the two of them together. Lonely nights, she'd lay in bed and could still hear his voice whispering in his ear. She remembered a conversation they had not long after they had "made love". Well, they had phone sex, but to them, it had been so much more than that.

"I promise that I'll always love you. I'll never forget about you. No matter how many miles are between us, I swear to you that I'll always be thinking of you. We're going to be together. I'm going to marry you, and we'll live forever in a world of surreal bliss." He had whispered the words softly in her ear as she lay in bed with her eyes closed, her breathing going down from the moment of passion. The words had brought tears to her eyes, and she felt she could imagine the two of them together, always and forever.

Yeah, right, she thought bitterly, as her mind came back to the present moment. She glanced in the mirror and was surprised to see a tear in her eye.

"All done, Mrs. Richards," she told the elderly lady in her chair. Mrs. Richards looked up at her quizzically, and Sara leaned forward and repeated the statement, just a little louder. Mrs. Richards nodded, and took her time, gathering her purse to leave the shop. Finally, Sara thought, I can finally get out of here. She was pleased to see it was only five thirty. Not bad for a Sunday. Sara grabbed a broom and began to sweep. A couple minutes later, she heard the bell on the door ring as Mrs. Richards left.

Sara had just finished cleaning up the back of the shop when she heard the bell ring again. Crap, forgot to lock it, she thought.

"We're closed!" she called out as she hurried to the front of the store.

She was surprised to see a young man standing in the lobby. His messy, dark hair was evidence that he wasn't the type of client this salon usually serviced.

"We're closed," she repeated, stepping towards him cautiously. "Can I help you?"

"Sara Evans?," he asked softly, in a low, deep voice.

Sara felt chills on her arms and took a step back. She didn't know this man and didn't know how in hell he would know her last name. For a moment she was afraid she was being robbed. Instinctively, she looked towards the phone, and looked around for a weapon. Unless she could beat him off with a magazine or wicker chair, she wasn't in luck.

"Do I know you?" she asked.

"Do you?" he asked, his voice still low. "Do you know who I am?"

Her breath caught in her throat, but she shook her head.

"I didn't think you would." A wry smile came across his features as he looked at her, almost wistfully. "I'd know you anywhere. Your pictures don't quite do you justice, but I recognize your eyes. Those blue eyes. You're better up close. It's all better." He paused. "Maybe I should go."

Sara took a deep, shuddering breath and suddenly felt her knees weaken. Her hand shot out to grab the desk she was standing next to. She suddenly recognized the person in front of her. It took her a minute, yes.

After all, she only had one picture of him.

"Hello, Shane."

She could barely get the words out.

They stood in silence for a moment. She couldn't believe it. Why was he here? What was going on? She blurted out the questions awkwardly as he regarded her with a chuckle.

"The truth is, I came to see you." he said, then looked down at the floor.

Sara moved to the nearest chair and sat down as her heart skipped a beat. "But why now? How did you find me? I kept asking to meet you and you never would. What happened?"

"It's a long story," he sighed and moved to sit down with her.

He explained to her that he had been diagnosed with leukemia at age 13, right when they had met. The outlook had been grim. So grim, that he was afraid to meet Sara. Afraid to make plans to be with her, that he wouldn't live to make her happy. He hadn't sent pictures of himself because of the chemotherapy. It wasn't until a bone marrow transplant about 6 months ago that had had allowed himself the hope of living, of having a future.

"And that's why I couldn't possibly have come down here. I just got the okay to travel. All I could think about was being with you. When you broke up with me, I was so angry. But I understood that you wanted to move on with your life. That's why I didn't try to stop you. I wanted you to be happy. Even if it was without me."

"Why didn't you tell me? And how did you find me?' Sara asked, tears in her eyes.

"I went to the old address you gave me and talked to your mom. My flight landed about 3 pm today and I had just enough time to drive down here. I didn't know what I was going to say, or even if you'd listen to me, but I had to do something.

Sara smiled. "You stalker."

He chuckled. Then his voice took a serious tone. "Can you ever forgive me for not being honest? I understand if you've moved on, if you have a boyfriend, but I couldn't live with the regret of never knowing."

Sara sighed and looked at him. His brown eyes were so beautiful. And his sexy voice was even better in person. All her old feelings came rushing back and she wanted nothing more than to touch him. But the bitterness of her pain came back to her, then, too, and she felt the tears well up in her eyes as it stabbed at her heart.

"I don't know, Shane. You know how much I loved you. I only wanted to be with you, and you not being honest with me hurts. I could have helped you through this. Why didn't you tell me what was going on? I could have been there for you."

Shane reached over and took her hand. "But you have been there for me. You gave me reason to live. You were the only one who still treated me like a person. Everyone else treated me like a walking pincushion. They were too fucking scared to admit I was dying. But when I talked to you, I felt alive again. That's part of why I didn't tell you. Baby, you made my life worth living."

Sara leaned over and put her arms around him. She felt his strong arms go around her, his broad chest against her body. Glancing at the clock, she realized it was after ten o' clock.

"I'm overwhelmed. Right now, I can't even process my thoughts. Why don't you come home with me, and we'll get some rest ."

They stopped for dinner on the way back to their house. Somehow, the tension had lifted. Shane and Sarah began to converse like the old friends they used to be. Sara was still having trouble believing it was the same person. She couldn't believe how well she knew him; the familiar, quiet way he talked, the sound of his soft laughter as the joked around. And the things she hadn't been able to see on the phone- how much he talked with his hands, how his eyes lit up when he smiled. As usual, she dominated the conversation with her warm, bubbly personality and he kept his quiet demeanor. He was a man of few words, she mused; he didn't need them. Simply his presence was charismatic. It was like being in the presence of a familiar stranger.

They both entered her apartment later that night, Shane carrying

the only suitcase he had brought with him. He traveled light. They each took turns showering, then got into comfy clothes and snuggled on the couch together and watched TV. They ended up with a bottle of vodka and a few beers.

They were laughing over an episode of South park when Shane leaned over and kissed Sara softly. She kissed him back, gently and softly. When he pulled away, he was looking deep into her eyes.

"I missed you,' he said softly.

Sara couldn't take it anymore. All the old feelings came rushing back, and she grabbed him and kissed him, deeply, passionately, almost violently. He reciprocated, and they succeeded in knocking over a couple of empty beer bottles. She grabbed him, pulling him closer, wrapping her arms around him. He broke free of her mouth and began kissing down her neck, her chest, moving his hands under her shirt. They were both breathing hard and finally Shane managed to regain control. He pulled her close, feeling the heat from her body as she moaned.

"Oh God...I want you so bad," she gasped, pressing her forehead to his.

"I know, baby....but we gotta slow down. I want it to be special." He kissed her again, stroked her hair. "We've waited so long."

She nodded, eyes closed. It felt so good just to be close to him, to feel his breath on her skin. He was real. She had not wasted the last seven years chasing a dream, an illusion. She pulled him close, as if to be sure he was really there.

"I just can't believe, after all this time, we're finally together." she whispered.

A moment later, he took her hand and led her to the bedroom.

To be continued...