Love in All the Right Places

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,797 Followers

Kirk couldn't help but laugh. "MILF? You're not a MILF."

"Thank you, honey," she said happily. "That's a terrible thing to call someone."

"Well, yeah. I mean, you're not a mother so...I guess you're just a CILF."

"Oh, geez. Do I dare ask?" she said waiting for it.

"Hey, Chick I'd Love to...you know, is the best I could come up with. I guess I could have tried HCILF for 'Hot Chick' but you can't say it. Go ahead. Try it. Trying saying HCILF phonetically."

"Would you please stop talking and just fuck your...chick? Please?" This time Paige started laughing.

"Oh, so now you're the comedian, eh?" Kirk said. "We'll see about that!" He started tickling her and Paige literally shrieked.

"Stop! I'm ticklish like nobody's business! KIRK!! Stop!" She pulled him over and he kept rolling until he was back on top of her before they stopped.

"You are so gorgeous; so beautiful," he said getting serious again.

"I feel beautiful when I'm with you," she told him. "And you are so handsome. I can't believe we found each other."

"If not for Dr. Strangelove, right?"

"Yeah, he was definitely strange, but my how that worked out so nicely," she said. "Now please, really do stop talking and fuck me again, okay?"

Seconds later he was deep inside her once again and Paige realized she was happier than she could ever remember.

Two weeks later Kirk asked if Paige was ready to meet the rest of his family, and she said she'd been hoping he'd ask for several days.

His father already knew how much older Paige and he'd been preparing Kirk's mother, Jean, since the tandem jump. In principle, she was okay with it. It just seemed so...odd to her. "Why can't he be with someone closer to his own age?" she'd asked several times. "Thirty is a lot older. Thirty-four is..." She didn't know how to describe it but she never expressed her concerns to her son. Ultimately, if he was happy, she was well, not...unhappy.

Jean had made a huge roast for all of them complete with mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh bread, and vegetables with iced tea. When Paige walked in it was the first thing she noticed. "What is that heavenly smell?" she asked.

"Smells like my mom's world-famous pot roast to me," Kirk said. He took Paige to the kitchen where he found his mom hard at work. "Mom? I'd like you to meet someone."

Jean steeled herself, turned around and forced a smile. When she saw Paige for the first time, she was really taken aback as the woman she was looking at appeared younger than she'd imagined. Much younger, in fact.

"Hello, Paige! It's so nice to finally meet you," Jean said offering her a hug hello.

"You, too, Mrs. Leonard," she said sincerely.

"It's Jean," she told her.

Meghan heard the voices and had come downstairs and was standing just outside the kitchen. "Hey, Megs! Come say hello."

Meghan was as beautiful as Kirk was handsome, but Paige could see the telltale signs of kidney failure. There was some slight puffiness around her eyes which Paige was sure was renal edema, the result of swelling as the kidneys lose their ability to secrete enough of the body's fluids.

The two 'girls' hugged and Meghan said, "Wow. For once, Kirk didn't exaggerate. You really are as pretty as he said."

"Me? Ha! Look at you!" Paige said admiring her pretty face and gorgeous body.

"Hello there, young lady!" a booming voice said.

"Dirk! Hey there yourself, handsome!" she said accepting his hug.

"How was that wine-tasting tour you guys did a while back?"

"At The Tasting Room? It was fantastic!" she said before remembering Jean doing everything by herself. "Jean? Is there anything I can help with?"

That offer helped cement Jean's decision to like this older woman her son was dating. She took her up on it and the two of them, with some assistance from Meghan, got the table set and dinner served.

Paige was thoroughly enjoying herself. The food was excellent, the conversation was beyond pleasant, and she felt completely at home with the Leonards. She was also very relieved nothing was ever said about the age difference. She fully expected to have to address it, but it never came up.

And then something was said that caused Paige a lot of concern. Meghan wasn't very hungry and said, "I just don't feel like eating all that much lately."

Paige didn't want to pry, but she knew loss of appetite was a first sign dialysis wasn't cleaning the blood well enough.

"How was your URR yesterday?" her mother asked. "I forgot to ask and you didn't mention it." She turned to Paige and said, "That's urea reduction ratio."

Kirk stepped in and said, "Mom? Paige works at the kidney center, remember?"

"Oh, my goodness. I did know that. I'm sorry, Paige."

"No, that's okay. It's none of my business, but is your URR still over 65?"

"Barely," Meghan said. "I've still got a long wait and it it drops below 65 at this point..."

Not wanting to spoil the dinner, Meghan smiled and said something that wasn't true. "I just forgot to go to the bathroom before treatment so..."

"Meghan! You know how important it is not to interrupt your treatment," Jean said with grave concern.

"I know, Mom. It won't happen again."

Paige accepted her explanation but was sure she was buying it. Nothing more was said and the rest of the evening was very pleasant.

When she and Kirk were alone that evening at her place she asked him, "What's Meghan's PRA?" (Panel Reactive Antibody percentage which can be from 0-99% with higher scores meaning fewer donors are available.)

"She's at 68%. Why?"

"I'm sure all of you have been tested. I was just wondering what she was up against."

"We have. I'm the closest match but we're off on one important antigen. It's not as big a deal as it once was, but every little bit helps."

"What's her blood type?"

"Meghan is A+."

"Oh, okay." Paige didn't say anything else. She had type O blood considered the universal donor. Even so, there are many other considerations involved making one's ability to receive a donor organ that matches more difficult. Meghan's PRA was high but not insurmountable.

"Kirk? Are you aware there are ways of lowering PRA's through a procedure called Plasmapheresis a blood-cleansing? It's a process that can lower the dangerous antibodies from the blood. Plasmapheresis is usually used when you have an incompatible living donor."

"I am. We all are, as a matter of fact. But it's just so expensive. But yeah, if we could do that, I could donate a kidney."

"Okay. Just wondering. Plasmapheresis can also been used to allow blood-type incompatible donor/recipients to proceed with the transplant. Since you're that close..."

"If we had that kind of money laying around we could do it. Even so, it would be ideal to find an even better match. But my dad's already said he's willing to take out a second mortgage or anything else for the treatment. If Meghan gets any worse, we'll do that before she gets too sick to have the surgery."

Paige leaned over on his shoulder and said, "You're clearly very well informed. I'm gonna do some asking around at work on Monday and see what I can do to help. In the meantime, how would you like to do some work on me in the bedroom?"

"You've really fallen for him, haven't you?" Angie said when they met for coffee during Paige's lunch break that Monday.

"Fallen? I'm hopelessly in love with him. God help me, I'm beyond saving."

"I wasn't going to try and talk you out of it, Paige. I was going to ask if you think he's going to propose anytime soon? Is he?"

"There's nothing I'd like more. I'm afraid to even drop hints though, for fear of jinxing this."

"Since when do you believe in jinxes?" Angie asked. "You're one of the most rational, down-to-earth people I know."

"Normally, I am. But I don't want to blow this, you know?"

"But you do blow him, right? I mean, I hope you do. I sure would!" she said with a wicked smile. Paige had finally introduced them not long before meeting his parents and predictably, Angie had been relentless with the innuendo and outright commentary.

"That's none of your business!" Paige said trying not to smile.

"He's big, isn't he? And you love blowing him! I knew it! Tell me. Is he big? Come on...tell me. Please???"

"You need to get a life," Paige said dodging the question.

"I have a life. What I need is a hot cub like Kirk! That's the name for guys like..."

"I know what a 'cub' is, thank you very much." She took a sip of coffee then said, "And yes, he's very big, okay?"

"I knew it! I could just tell. Oh, my God, what I wouldn't do to be some fried eggs to his sausage!" Angie quipped.

"You know that makes no sense, right?"

"Who cares?" she said. "If you ever do get bored with him..."

Paige rolled her eyes then said, "There's something else I want to talk about. Something unrelated to the size of my boyfriend's hoo-haw." Angie laughed and Paige got serious.

"You know his sister Meghan needs a kidney transplant. Well, Kirk is close to a match but to make it work she needs this very expensive treatment and even that is no guarantee it would work. It would just improve the odds."

"Okay, so?" Angie said not sure where this was going.

"Well, you know I've been tested before, right?"

"Oh, my God. Are you a match?"

"Maybe. I'm having Dr. Feingold check. Since Meghan is our patient, he can look at test results. I asked him to compare me to Kirk to see if I'm as good a match or possibly even better. He said he'd let me know this week."

"Would you seriously consider doing this?" Angie asked shocked to hear Paige even say this.

"I...I think I would," she said. "I just don't want Kirk to think it's a bribe or something, you know?"

"Oh...to get him to propose?"

"Well, yeah. Or anything else. I don't really know Meghan that well, but she's such a wonderful person. Happy, bright, positive, smart as can be, and as you might guess, she's gorgeous. I know that doesn't matter when it comes to something like this, but my heart broke when I found out she's slowly declining. If I'm a match, I'm gonna think about it very seriously. We can get by perfectly well on one kidney, you know."

"You've said that many times. I just can't imagine giving one up. It's scary, you know? And the surgery itself is a big deal. Paige, are you really seriously going to do this?"

"I don't know yet. First things first. If I'm not a good match, it's a moot point. If I'm no better than Kirk, then I have another doctor friend who might be able to work out something with this expensive treatment. But if I am, then I need to do some real soul searching."

Angie put her hand on Paige's arm and said, "What if you do that and things don't work out with you and Gorgeous? What then?"

"Exactly. I have to do this for the right reasons. Anyway, thanks for seeing me. We don't do this often enough."

"That's not my fault," Angie said. "I don't have a handsome young stud to occupy my leisure time." She smiled then laughed and said, "I still pretty much hate you."

"Yeah, I'd hate me too, if the roles were reversed, but if you were getting what I'm getting, well...you'd...get it." Both women laughed before finishing their coffee and saying goodbyes.

On Thursday morning, Dr. Feingold stopped by and asked if Paige had a minute. "Of course. I've been waiting all week to hear back. What's the verdict?"

"Well, as it turns out, her brother is a very acceptable risk with the Plasmapheresis. However, you are by far a better match, Paige. You and Meghan are compatible on all six antigens and you know how rare that is. The patient is still more than healthy enough for surgery, but she is in decline." He set the folder down on her desk then asked her, "Are you considering becoming a donor?"

"Yes," she told him. "I know you're keep this confidential not only as a doctor but as a friend, but please, please don't say anything, okay?"

"Not a chance. You know how this procedure works, Paige. There are other tests to be done with cross matching being the most important, but having done this for many years, you two are about as good as it gets." He stood up then said, "I hope this helps, and...good luck with whatever you decide."

"Thank you, Dr. Feingold. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"I've been trying to get you to do out with me for the last two years, Paige. Anything to improve the odds. Speaking of which, are you still seeing this um...much-younger guy?"

"I am," she said happily.

"Bummer. Is it serious?" he asked hopefully.

"Very," she told him.

"Okay. Well, if that ever changes..."

"You'll be the first to know. I promise."

Paige spent the next several days thinking this over. And over and over and over again. She and Kirk made love several times but her mind wasn't into it and he noticed.

"Is everything okay?" he asked after the third such incident.

"Yes. It's perfect," she said. "I just have a lot on my mind. That's all."

"Are...we okay?" he asked with real concern.

"Oh, honey. We are more than okay. I swear. I love you so much. Never doubt that, okay?"

"Okay," he replied smiling at her. "How about dinner someplace nice on Saturday?"

"I'd love that," she told him.

When Kirk showed up wearing a suit and tie, Paige was more than a little surprised. She was stunned. "You look...amazing!" she told him when he came inside.

"Thank you," he said with a smile. "I've been told I clean up rather nicely. You look even more beautiful than ever, yourself tonight," he told her.

Paige was wearing a light-pink colored sweater with a black skirt and heels. Between the sexy outfit, her gorgeous hair and makeup, she looked stunning.

After they ordered, Paige said, "I was hoping we could discuss something during or after dinner."

"Anything," he said. "But before we get into a deep discussion, there's something I want to ask you."

"Oh, okay," she said. "Mine is very important, but it can wait."

He took her hand and said, "Paige, I tried to imagine what love would look like several times before, but I couldn't see it. That's because I didn't have the right person. But since I met you, it all makes perfect sense. I understand love now. I know what it means to love someone more than you love yourself." He smiled at her and said, "That's how I love you, sweetheart. I love you more than anything else on earth. So..."

He reached into his pocket and produced tiny, blue box and slid out of his chair. He knelt before her on one knee and said, "Paige Marie Allen, I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He removed the ring, set the box on the table, then, looking into her eyes which were filling with tears, "Will you marry me?"

Paige blinked several times then covered her mouth with her hands as she began to nod. Unable to speak, she kept nodding then held out her left hand. Kirk slid the ring on her finger then reached for a linen napkin to dry her eyes.

Finally able to speak, Paige said, "Yes. Yes, I will marry you, Kirk Leonard. I love you so much!"

An older couple was smiling at them and the woman said to Paige, "Forty-five years with this one today, dear. God bless you, dear!"

Kirk kissed her softly and said, "I couldn't possibly be any happier."

"Me, either," Paige said, her voice still choked with emotion. She held her hand out and admired the ring. "It's so beautiful, Kirk. I love it." She looked at him then said, "I love you so much." She leaned over and kissed him and Kirk asked what it was she wanted to discuss.

"It can wait until tomorrow," she said.

"Okay, whatever you want," he told her. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

"I know," she said still wiping away tears. "That's just one reason I love you so much."

That night, Paige gave everything she had to her lovemaking and it was good enough to keep Kirk's concerns at bay.

Early the next morning, when they were having coffee together Paige said, "Is now a good time to talk?"

He kissed and said, "Anytime is a good time to talk."

"Okay. Here goes," she said.

For the next five minutes, she unloaded everything she'd been holding in for the better part of a week.

"I don't want to get Meghan's hopes up too high if we're not compatible, but...I want to do this."

She'd never seen Kirk look like this before. "Honey? Are you okay? Are you upset?"

"No. No, I'm not upset. I'm...I'm blown away. I'm in shock." He took her hands and said, "Paige. This is very serious major surgery. You could...you could die, sweetheart."

"I know," she told him. "And I could get hit by a drunk driver tomorrow, too. Life has no guarantees, honey. Except for...death. And if I can give Meghan a normal life but didn't try out of fear, I couldn't live with myself."

"I just don't want to lose you," he told her. "I love you so much, Paige." He stroked her hair and she was almost certain his eyes were filling with tears. He turned away and blinked then said, "There must be a lot of pollen in the air or something."

It was the end of winter and too cold for pollen but Paige let it pass.

"I know you love me, Kirk. But you love your sister, too. Look. You're a decent match. It could work. But then I could lose you, and if that happened...I'd be...suicidal." She squeezed his hands and said, "Kirk? Honey? I have to do this. You know that, right?"

He blinked several more times then said, "Okay. If this is what you want I'll support you."

Paige led him back to the bedroom and gave him a tour-de-force romp in bed telling him several times how much she loved him while he did and said the same to her.

Monday afternoon she called him from work and said, "Dr. Feingold can do a compatibility test this week so whenever you want to tell Meghan..."

"I want you to tell her, sweetheart," he said. "I'll be there with you, but I want her to hear it from you."

That evening, the entire family sat down and ten minutes later, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Everyone was hugging everyone else and after the obligatory, "Are you really sure?" questions, they agreed to do the test on Thursday after her dialysis treatment.

The next day around noon, Dr. Feingold came to Paige's office and said, "You're good. In fact, everything looks good."

"How soon can we do this?" she asked anxiously.

"Dr. Thompson is the best I know and I already put in a call to his office. As soon as he gets back to me, I'll let you know. I'm guessing it could be as soon as next week."

The entire family spent a very anxious weekend together as Paige insisted on spending it with Meghan getting to know her better and because she now felt this special bond with her. One that would soon be deeply personal and very real.

On Tuesday, Paige learned the surgery was scheduled for Friday morning and that meant three more days of anxious anticipation.

She made love with her fiancee as often as they could by taking off the rest of the week and before checking herself into the hospital with Meghan Thursday afternoon.

The following morning, final checks were done and everything was a 'go'. Dirk and Jean kissed their daughter and their future daughter-in-law, tears freely flowing down everyone's cheeks. Kirk also hugged and kissed his sister before they wheeled her gurney into the OR.

"If something happens to me," Paige began.

"Shhh. Don't even say it," Kirk told her.

Paige smiled and said, "You don't believe in jinxes, do you?"

"No, I just don't want to tempt fate," he told her with a smile. "I love you, Paige. I love you so very much."

"And I love you, Kirk. And I always will."

They kissed goodbye as he stood there watching her gurney disappear just as his sister's had moments ago. Now, there was nothing to do but wait.

A kidney transplant normally took between 2-3 hours—if everything went well. At the two-hour mark, the tension began to build. By 2 1/2 hours, all three of them were pacing in the waiting room. At the three-hour mark, it became unbearable. Just as Kirk was about to ask someone for information, Dr. Feingold, who'd assisted Dr. Thompson came out and spoke to them.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,797 Followers