Love In War Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leo could tell she was checking him out, but he chose not to say anything. Besides, he was used to it. The girl standing behind her saw this, but the glint in her eye said that she found this amusing.

Before Charlie, could continue blessing out the two boys, Alexia put a hand on her shoulder.

"I think we all got off on the wrong foot," Alexia started. The look on Charlie's face was one of surprise. "How about we forget this whole thing even happened? You guys buy us drinks and we'll remove the bounty over your heads?" Alexia smiled.

Max liked this one. She was willing to forgive him, but he didn't think the other one would give up her grudge so quickly.

"Actually, that sounds like a great deal. Don't you think so Leo?" Leo turned to face Max. Was he crazy? He didn't want anything to do with these girls. Knowing Max, he was probably still trying to get in their pants, but as good a wingman he was, these girls weren't worth his time.

However, the look on his friend's face urged him to let go and give it a try.

"Fine. Drinks on us at O'Connor's in an hour." Leo didn't know why he was agreeing with this girl's idea. Something just told him he'd be missing out if he didn't.

"That's perfect!" Alexia looked at Charlie who hadn't said anything since Alexia purposed her idea. These guys weren't necessarily bad, but they sure as hell were annoying, especially the goofy one. The intense one wasn't bad, but the way he talked to her, the tone he used, irritated her. She wasn't a child and he damn sure wasn't her father.

Alexia's nudge brought her out of her thoughts. "Isn't that perfect, Charlie?" Alexia's fake smile said she'd better agree or she wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Yes," Charlie fought the urge to roll her eyes. "That's perfect."

"Great, we'll see you ladies then." Max's smile was genuine. In ten minutes they'd went from almost cussing each other out to getting drinks. Maybe these broads were crazy, but at least they weren't boring.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Max," he pointed to himself. "And this is Leo." Leo raised an eyebrow and smirked in greeting.

"I'm Alexia and this is my best friend, Charlie." Alexia looped her arm through Charlie's and smiled at her. Charlie offered a curt smile to the boys. A moment passed before anyone said anything.

"Well Max, we'll see you and Leo later." Alexis swung Charlie around and started to walk away.

Charlie glanced back to look at the two men. Leo. As much as she already didn't like him, she couldn't deny that he was definitely good looking.

"Oh well," Charlie thought. "Too bad he's an asshole."

Leo and Max watched as the girl walked away. The sway of the one who'd blessed them out, Charlie, hips was almost hypnotic. However, Max's voice broke his stare.

"I think we'll get lucky with them after all. It was touch and go, but the Max charm always works."

"Shut the hell up, Max. It was your shit that started this whole thing."

Max punched Leo's arm. "Yeah, I know, but hey, at least we're having some type of female company tonight. I think the Asian one liked me." Max wiggled his eyebrows.

Leo slapped his friend in the back of the head. The guy was a complete goof.

"And I think her friend, Charlie, was checking you out, man."

Leo rolled his eyes. Yeah, she was gorgeous, but she needed to learn to tone it down. Leo had a few ideas of how he could put that sailor mouth of hers to use.

"Let's go. If we're meeting them in an hour we need to check in with the crew first." Leo turned and started walking toward a man dressed like a professor. As one of his body guards, it was Tony's job to have his eyes on Leo at all times. Nothing was to happen to the heir of the Rossetti crime family. Sure, Leo could handle himself, but his father took precautions.

"Tony, we're going to O'Connor's in an hour. Have the place checked out and get back to me." Leo said as he walked past him.

"Yes sir."

*********

"Charrrlieeeee." Max's sing song voice brought her back to the present. "Please don't tell me you're strolling down memory lane because of that picture." Max had been watching Charlie stare at the photo for almost fifteen minutes.

"Sorry Max, but I couldn't help it," She paused, and then continues as she went to sit beside him on the couch. "Don't you ever wonder why we all met the way we did? It's incredibly ironic."

Max's eyes shifted for a second. If only she knew the truth. "Yeah, it's weird isn't?" He didn't like lying to Charlie. She was one of his best friends. He was honestly surprised that she or Alexia never questioned how they just so happened to all be going to the same school. Even then though, no one could've have imagine what their friendship would've evolved to. The four of them, Leo, Charlie, Alexia and himself was an explosive combination and over the years the relationships within the friendship had gotten very complicated.

Especially Charlie and Leo.

He sighed. Charlie was his friend, but Leo was almost a brother to him... and his boss. When the truth finally came to light, all hell would break loose.

12