Love Is a Drug Ch. 01 Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I... this is wrong."

"What is?"

"This whole thing that we are doing, what I'm doing."

"Rubbish Theo," Andy argued. "The black market pays well, right? Or would you rather work long hours for a pittance and struggle to pay the rent, and eat, and do all the great things we do?"

"It's dissolute," He sighed sitting down heavily on a bench and lighting a cigarette.

Andy made a face, hoping he could make him see. "You see over there?" He pointed to an obvious location, sitting close to him. "Girls lie on their backs and earn more than he might do in a whole week." He then pointed at a random waiter serving tea in the café they had stopped in front of.

"I guess you are right," He remembered when he and Cal had slogged hard to pay for the expensive flat.

Until Andy came alone, it was evident they would be chucked on the street, their wages being so low, and the rent too high. Even if they had rented a cheaper flat they still would have had to struggle to makes ends meet. It was the story of everyone's lives really.

He had it good, he knew that, but he still felt so guilty. The young lad looked tired as he took the orders from another table by the window. He and Cal still worked in the little local bar every now and then when staff were on holidays or off sick, or if they happened to be very busy.

His boyfriend was a popular man, his charisma always winning him friends easily. He was well known and had easily persuaded Stu, the landlord to allow Theo to work there too. The drug money helped for those little extras they could never have afforded otherwise.

"You know I am." Andy wrapped his arm around him and tugged him closer. The bulge in his jacket pressed against him, and he realized they had to get home now before they were found in possession.

"Come on, we'd better get home safely before anyone gets a hint of what I have in here." He patted his chest and stood, pulling Theo up with him.

* * *

Calvin stood and looked at the house with wide eyes, stunned at this beautiful building. 'This man must be very successful owning something like this.'

"You want me to wait sir? Mr. S did say you may be here a while."

"If you would It's probably only gonna take me half an hour."

Joe tipped his hat and sat back in the car. Cal moved closer, his heart pounding hard, unsure what he was to expect. The white painted door with arched frosted glass windows was sheltered by pillars, like a small porch. It had an old iron knocker, so he adjusted his hair and clothes before finding the courage to use it.

For a moment there was nothing, but then it swung open gently. A man stood inside, tall with almost white hair, eyes slightly unfriendly sinister, until he smiled, and then his face turned friendly and kind looking.

"Must be Boss's 3'oclock?" He said looking up and down at his smart appearance.

"Yes I am Mr Walsh, he's expecting me."

"Ah yes, do come in." He moved to the side and let the visitor walk through the door, his eyes lighting up at the decor.

The house must have been Georgian at least, judging by the foundations. The big square windows and the giant double doors, in which lead to unknown realms of this huge place.

"Please wait here, I will tell him you have arrived."

Sitting on a plush red chair he looked around again. The old furniture, paintings, and bookshelves told him he was a cultured man. An artist maybe? He was playing the guessing game to himself when the man returned and asked him to follow him, walking through those massive doors and into a corridor. They turned left and then faced a crossroad of doors, each looking the same. The man knocked on the one they were facing and the voice of the mysterious man called.

"Come in."

Cal's excitement grew, his ears captured that first sound of his voice. It wasn't that clear through the thick wooden door. His became apprehensive as it slowly opened, his heart almost leaping out of his mouth when he saw a reasonable sized office. It was a lot more modern looking than the rest of the house, with a curved desk and an Apple Mac computer over to the right.

A neat pile of paperwork rested in the middle, and folders slotted neatly inside a tall filing cabinet.

There was a black arm chair opposite, next to the large window with cream curtains tied in the middle. He stepped in and the scent of the butler wafted up his nose as he moved past him, bending down to listen to what he had to say.

The man with mid-length brown hair that was swept back with a light gel in line with his jaw; whispered something to him which he couldn't grasp

"Thank you Mr Steel, that will be all," He said waving his pen at him dismissively, holding it between his fingers as if he was smoking it.

As soon as the door shut he gave Calvin a most warming smile, which instantly made him relax and melt just the tiniest bit.

"Please sit." He gestured to the comfy looking chair.

He did so, taking in the man's incredible features. He was careful not to stare too much, though he thought him captivating and very handsome. He had high cheek bones, a full pouting bottom lip and an angular pointed nose. Sharp piercing light blue/grey eyes watched him, barely visible as engulfed by the large dark pools. 'Like a fox,' he thought.

He wore a black T-shirt with a similar coloured jacket covering some logo, just a small part of some blue lettering showing underneath. Calvin assumed he was wearing black trousers too but the desk covered his lower half.

"Mr Walsh?" He asked in clipped tones.

The guest smiled and nodded waiting for the smooth twang of his voice again.

"I'm Mr Alister Lorenzo, your colleague has told me a lot about you and the business."

"Yes he is our trusted manager and a good friend. He keeps everything in check."

"I see, yes. He has informed me on how well your little empire is doing."

If Calvin wasn't mistaken he sensed a little condescending tone. "Yes, we do very well." He answered sharply, shifting a little in his seat. He wasn't going to sit there and let him look down at his nose at him.

Lorenzo chuckled a little and stood up, wandering over to a drinks cabinet. He took two glasses and then turned to see the darker eyes had followed him, still looking slightly offended. He was wearing dark blue jeans to his surprise. Kinda formal.

"Drink?" He grabbed a bottle of what looked like expensive vodka.

"Please." Cal tried to be polite, after all he still had to be careful and wait and see what he had to say for himself.

For a start, he put 'Mr Lorenzo' down as a self satisfied git, but something deeper caught his eyes as he turned around and handed him the glass, taking it graciously and nodded a thank you, watching him settle back down behind his desk, sipping the clear liquid. He moved the glass from his lips and waited sensing he had something to say.

Slowly and gracefully, he put down his own glass and sat back, entwining his long fingers together, eyeing up the other man. "What if I was to tell you that you could do a hell of a lot better?"

Cal frowned now this was interesting! "Well it's a thought, but I think the business has been a great success so far."

"Hmmm" He raised an eyebrow. Mr Standley tells me you had a spot of bother recently."

Suddenly he became angry. 'How dare he discuss our problems with a complete stranger?!'

"Did he now?!" He put down the glass and leant forward, almost challenging the man with his intimidating glare. "It was a one off, we have not experienced a single problem in the past year." He almost growled.

Lorenzo just smiled, he liked the cut of this guys jib, and knew he was strong willed, enthusiastic, and tough. Perfect. "As I said." He changed the subject slightly. "I think you would benefit from doing a lot better. And not only that; being surrounded by some strong ally's means no one can touch you, not even the police."

He now looked confused but slightly intrigued. What about the police? Was he some kind of mafia boss? Opening his mouth to speak but the words stuck in his throat. What did he mean? What was he after? In a way he had some kind of inkling but what did it involve?

"We have a lot to discus and you will need time to think, so I am inviting you to stay the night, dine with me and talk business. The cook does a lovely Cantonese dish. If you like that kind of thing?"

He smiled again but Cal was still baffled. 'Stay the night? Oh Theo, I had better let him know he will go frantic!'

"It would be silly to have travelled so far and not execpt my offer. I will not take no for an answer." He coaxed, looking at him sternly, knowing this was a mind game designed to test who was in control.

"Ok," Cal said, smiling back at him, almost reeled in by his charm. "But I must inform my colleagues that I'm here and safe!" He emphasised the last word.

"Very well then," raising his glass for a toast, waiting for his guest to do the same. Eventually he did so and they clinked glasses. "I have a feeling we will get on very well." He then said, a sly smirk creeping onto his lips.

12