Love Lies Pt. 02 - Conclusion

Story Info
Conclusion of Part One - which will Davey choose?
2k words
4.38
97.7k
64

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/30/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BillandKate
BillandKate
2,488 Followers

Most of the two-part Love Lies is written in the first person as narrated by Davey. The short section below is written in the third person to give the reader a little background on the character Kate. Kate is loosely based on my best friend's wife; a very good, small town girl; one of the nicest ladies I know who has kept a smile on my 'big-city' friend's face for the twenty-five years they've been married. They seem as in love and happy today as the day I was the best man at their wedding. The Kate in this story should not be confused with the 'Kate' pseudonym I use for my series of Kate the Hotwife stories.

*

Katherine Morgan grew up always trying to be the good girl, someone who her parents would be proud to call their daughter. That's why when she was told by her friends in high school about the porn actress with the name Katie Morgan, she immediately forbade anyone from calling her Katie and went by Kate from that day on. The toughest person to convince was her father until she finally broke down and told him why; they both blushed and Dad never called her Katie again.

And Kate was a good girl; before last night she had only been with two men in her life. The first was her high school boyfriend. They both lost their virginity the night of the prom. Instead of going to the all-night party, Jeffery reserved a hotel room in the city and they spent a nice night clumsily losing their respective cherries.

The second man was the boy she dated for three years in college. Their lovemaking was pleasant, but the sex left her wondering what all the fuss was about. It was a combination of things, it was now obvious to Kate that Howard was on the small side, at least compared to Jeffery or Davey. And Howard never tried to kiss her down there like Davey had last night.

Kate tried to stop Davey last night from putting his mouth on her sex, but Davey wouldn't quit until at last he had his way. With his tongue and lips caressing her clitoris, Davey stuck his finger inside her vagina and touched a spot that sent a charge through her. Now she knew why her girlfriends enjoyed sex. Her first night with Davey surpassed anything that had happened in the three years with Howard.

When she left Davey's house in the morning Kate was already planning their wedding. She was glad they had waited to have sex until she knew she was absolutely in love with Davey and was certain he felt the same way toward her. Everything about last night exceeded all her expectations. She was planning to have sex with Davey when she returned from this last business trip; it made the trip seem slow as molasses. What she didn't expect was enjoying the sex so much, spending an hour in the tub naked with him, sleeping next to him with their naked bodies against each other. It was all such a thrill for a girl who spent all her life keeping her sensuality in reserve.

Kate entered her apartment and dumped the week's worth of work clothes on the bed. She ran around the apartment gathering up her exercise gear and enough casual clothes for the next two days. As she grabbed her pajamas she stopped, looked at them in her hand and smiled as she tossed them back in the drawer. "No need for these." she thought to herself.

Kate did pause long enough in her haste to water her houseplants, then carried the suitcase out to her car and drove to Davey's house, trying her best to keep to the speed limits and not run any red lights. As she pulled onto Davey's street she was snapped out of her euphoria by a sight that almost crushed her.

In the drive was a red Honda with Tennessee license plates. Kate didn't stop; she kept driving but now with tears instead of a smile on her face. While Kate was driving past Davey's house, Davey and Sandy were inside going over all the things that should have been said before their divorce.

Davey finishes his story

I looked at Sandy, she was still beautiful, even with one discolored eye. "Tell me why Sandy, tell me why you left me for a guy that ends up knocking you around."

"I was so mad at you after you showed me the video of Alice. It doesn't make any sense now, but at the time I blamed you for bringing it to my attention. It was one more thing to break my heart about my little sister. I always thought maybe I hadn't done enough to help her. I projected my inability to save her on you. At the same time Bennie started to call me 'just to talk'. When I told him about the video he suggested you were spending your free time viewing porn instead of looking for a job in Memphis.

"Bennie said a lot of things that shook my confidence in our relationship. He told me it was common knowledge that the reason you were stabbed by that gang member was you were fucking his lady."

I let Sandy ramble on for a while thinking how this whole nightmare reminded me of some 'B' movie I had seen on late night TV; then I had my say.

"Stay right here, I have a couple of things to show you."

I went into my study and picked out two files.

"Sandy, first here's a hardcopy of the email Jason Taylor sent me. You can read that he's the one that notified me of the video. I kept the copy of his email in case I was ever investigated for viewing kiddie porn. Notice how Jason refers to 'an old friend' who gave him the website address? When I ran into Jason last year he told me the name of his 'friend', it was Benjamin Johnstone."

Sandy sat there with her mouth open; I didn't let up.

"Here's a report from a private detective I hired after talking to Jason. Something never added up about the biker that tried to knife me that night. Go ahead and read the statement he obtained from one of the gang that was in the bar that night."

I Samuel Archer, a private investigator hired by David Newman, met with Daniel Bailey, a member of the Joliet based Diablos motorcycle gang. Mr. Bailey, for $500.00 consideration provided the following statement; although he was adamant that he would never repeat this statement to law enforcement or under oath:

Mr. Bailey confirmed that he and his companions had been paid $7500 by Benjamin Johnstone to kill David Newman. The gang made the mistake of assigning the task to a Joseph Burns as part of his club initiation. The plan was simple; start a fight at one of the clubs where Mr. Newman's band was performing and Mr. Burns would use the chaos to kill Mr. Newman with a knife. Mr. Burns failed due to the quick reactions of Kevin Morrice, the bass player.

Sandy finished reading and looked back at me with tears in her eyes, "I'm so sorry."

"One thing I never found out is why your boyfriend never made a second attempt."

Sandy responded, "Well, that was about the time Bennie started to date that Hip Hop diva; he probably forgot about me for a while. At least until she dumped him when he was traded to the Titans."

"And that's when he started to contact you again?"

"Yes, and I was stupid enough to take his calls because he said he needed a friend to talk to. He used my friendship to undermine our marriage. And I let him do it. Can you ever forgive me? Can I please come home? I love you Davey."

I looked at one of the most beautiful women I had ever known, a woman I had loved with all my heart. A woman who needed a friend, my forgiveness and my love now more than any time in her life. My heart and soul begged me to be that friend, that lover and that man big enough to forgive her lapse in judgment when she forsaked our vows to leave me for another man. And damn; she must have unbuttoned those two top buttons of her sundress while I was in my study. Those two perfect breasts were half exposed and taunting me.

I reached out to her shoulders and pulled her close, "I forgive you Sandy." I placed a kiss on her forehead.

Sandy looked at me with all the hope in the world in those beautiful blue eyes,

"I forgive you and wish you all the best for you in the future, but maybe some day you'll learn love isn't a four letter word you use to get your own way. I'm not saying this to hurt you, but I'm truly in love with a wonderful woman who I plan to marry and we'll raise a family together. She's become my rock in this goofy world. She brought me back from the brink. I'm not going to betray her trust because you need me now. I don't want you harmed, so please don't go back to Benjamin. Take some time like I did to get your bearings and get well; physically, mentally and spiritually. I wish you all the best."

Sandy broke down. She laid on the sofa shaking and sobbing until I decided to call her parents. They came by; I explained how I accepted her apology, forgave her for dumping me for the asshole but refused to take her back. Luckily, her parents understood; they wrapped her in their arms and took her to their home.

After Sandy left with her parents I looked at the clock. It was already past three in the afternoon; Kate was supposed to have been here hours ago. I dialed Kate's number and waited for her to answer, this was the longest fifteen seconds of my life.

Epilogue

When Kate answered the phone she seemed distant. I asked her if I could pick her up, I needed to go to the mall and was hoping she could go with me. I needed her input before buying a gift for a special friend. Kate seemed reluctant but agreed. I drove to her place, she came out, got into my car and we were at the mall twenty minutes before it closed. I led her into the jewelry store, she was looking confused; I got down on my knees.

"Please, pick out your ring and marry me."

Kate fell to her knees and wrapped her arms around me. She kissed me like I've never been kissed before.

It took another five minutes before we got off our knees. She picked a very simple design with a half carat diamond (of course). I told the saleswoman to put a full carat in the setting and I'd pick it up tomorrow.

I did tour with the John Reginald band for two months during our engagement. That tour got the traveling bug out of my system; and no, I didn't bed any groupies. But the music bug stayed with me; soon after our wedding Katie and I moved to Austin where I have a full time job in systems development, it allows me enough flexibility to spend a few hours a month as a session guitarist and violinist. Oh; and enough time to be a proud and involved papa to the three children that Katie and I were fortunate to have.

Yeah, you read that right. At the wedding her dad came up to her and asked, "Now that your last name is Newman, is it OK if I go back to calling my little girl 'Katie'?" The sweetest woman I know cried when she told her dad it was OK.

All these years later I still find myself singing that silly Dean Martin tune:

How lucky can one guy be? I kissed her and she kissed me. Like a fella once said, ain't that a kick in the head?

BillandKate
BillandKate
2,488 Followers