Love Me... Love My Dogs Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I laid back, my eyes heavy, listening to her humming happily. If I had the energy, I would have been singing harmony, because I was happy too. I couldn't imagine being happier with anyone.

Whirlwind Christie swept back into the bedroom, and I took refuge in the shower, letting her have space to prepare for her day. When I exited, she was already in the kitchen, so I put on my robe and followed. I had just grabbed my cup of coffee, when I heard the beep of April's horn, outside.

"Can you stall her for a minute, honey?" she asked, racing past me. "I'll just be a few."

"Yup," I smiled, and headed for the front door, checking my robe as I went. I was naked under it, and didn't want to inadvertently flash Christie's friend. Opening the door, I stepped out, making eye contact with April. She waved.

"Big test today, right?" I said as I stopped beside her open window.

"Yes. I think I'm ready. How's Christie feel... about the test, I mean," she smiled, adding a wink.

"So, you've been girl-talking, have you?" I laughed. "Should I be embarrassed?"

"Not from what I've heard!" she giggled.

I was about to comment, when the door opened, and Christie joined us. She gave me a kiss, and smiled at my quizzical expression.

"What?" she laughed.

"I hear I've been the subject of gossip," I tutted at her, shaking my head.

"I'm afraid so," she nodded. "We spend a lot of time in the car together. We can only talk about the weather for so long."

I returned her kiss of apology with a smile, letting her know I wasn't really upset. She took her seat, and fluttered her fingers at me as they left.

I went back inside to get dressed, certain I was the subject of conversation in that car today.

***

Our package of spy stuff arrived that afternoon, which was a good thing, because when Christie got her marks back three days later, they were as expected. Lower than average. Professor Bridges asked Christie to stay behind again.

"Christie, I get the impression you're not understanding the core of this course," he said sternly. "I know you're doing very well in all your other classes, so I know you are an excellent student. It would be a shame for this class to drag your average down as badly as it is, so I'm willing to give you some extra help, if you'd like it?"

"Thank you Professor Bridges," she replied. "I could meet you at your office, if that's okay?"

"I was thinking it would be better, and more relaxing, at my apartment," he suggested, which was important, because it had to be his idea. "We could go over your areas of concern, and have a bite to eat."

Christie told him she'd think about it, and get back to him, then walked out quietly. Just outside the door, she exhaled loudly.

How could I know this, you're probably asking. After all, I wasn't there, was I?

Well, no, I wasn't... but two of my purchases were. In Christie's pocket and purse were two pens. The first, a pretty basic digital recorder disguised as a writing implement, was more of a backup. The other was much more sophisticated, and combined video, sound, and even GPS location, relaying it through Bluetooth to her phone, and then via data link to mine. It was recorded on both devices.

So, I watched as he tried to launch his sick plan, while unwittingly launching ours. We had him recorded, asking her to meet him at an inappropriate place. Christie planned to hold out for a while, until he asked again, or suggested something more incriminating. It was all going into our file on him.

I was still watching my phone, when Christie's voice, soft in the empty hallway, spoke to me.

"Thanks honey. I love you," was all she said.

Did she need to say more?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know you all want to know how this is resolved, so I'll try not to keep you waiting too long... but I have other stories to touch base with. Hang in there.

Thanks for reading, and being patient, and allowing me to tell the story as it comes to me.

Please send me your comments and feedback, and cast your votes.

Thank you.