Love or Lust Ch. 04

Story Info
Assignments turn into dates.
4.7k words
4.77
8.5k
10

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SciFurz
SciFurz
2,043 Followers

Susi watched the mannequins dressed in hip colourful clothing in the windows with a little apprehension. She still couldn't understand why she had woken up early and felt she needed something new to wear today. At least there were few people around at this time to see her looking around.

The group had looked at the first assignment of describing the neighbourhood where they lived. This assignment had to be repeated at the end of the year and would reflect how everyone might look with different eyes at it after all that time. Since they lived close, Meiko, Tova and she would take a tour around the neighbourhood together, after which they'd write down what they saw and felt.

Susi looked closer at a short and light yellow dress and thought Tova might think she'd look cute in it. She held her breath. Why did she think that? Why would she see if something made her look cute? She was a wolf demon, damned, and she wasn't supposed to look cute!

She looked at the dress again and sighed.

'I don't think it's quite your colour..'

Startled she looked aside to see Tova looking at the dress. 'I wasn't..'

'At least, not in that amount.' he continued, looking at the other mannequins. 'Mostly black or white might work best, with highlights in yellow, red.., blue?'

'Really?' she said, then shook her head. 'I mean, I wasn't looking for something like that. I was just looking.'

'No?' he asked. 'I thought maybe you wanted something new since the weather's going to be very nice today.'

'What are you doing here?'

He held up a bag, smelling of fresh bread. 'Just dropped by at the baker. Recommended by the landlady.'

'I see.' she started, then got interrupted by a couple of girls getting harassed by a group of young guys a little further.

'Excuse me.' Tova said and walked over to the small square where the guys hung around the benches.

'Can you please stop that?' he said.

The guys looked over at him. 'Stop, what?' asked one of them wearing a black jacket with red mystic symbols and brushed his hair back with his hand.

'Causing trouble for others.'

The punk moved in front of Tova and looked down on him, being half a head taller. 'And what if we don't?' he grinned.

'I will call the authorities and file a complaint.' Tova said, staring the punk in the eyes.

'I'm sooo scared..' the punk said, looking sideways at his friends, then swung his fist fast at Tova.

Tova stepped back just in time to avoid the worst but the fist grazed his chin.

'Get him, guys!' the punk called out and the others rushed up to Tova.

Tova managed to evade and throw two of them aside, but two others grabbed him.

'I was just in the mood to have some fun..' the punk said, getting ready to plant his fist into Tova's face when the two holding Tova were thrown aside with a loud snarl and a muzzle with deadly teeth and furious blue eyes appeared in front of his nose.

'Don't you dare touch him!' Susi snarled.

The punk fell back on the floor, losing control of his bodily functions and soiled his pants when Susi bared down on him, growling low. He tried to scream but no sound dared to leave his throat.

'If you ever dare to bother another person again, I will personally come and feed you to my family, and they are not as nice as I am.' she growled. 'Got that!?'

The punk nodded, crawled backwards when she stood up and scrambled away faster than a cockroach out in the open.

'Wow..' Tova said.

She took a few deep breaths to calm down, then saw the shocked expressions of the few people around them. Her gut tightened and she slumped her shoulders, looking down. 'This is why I'm not suited for cute things.' she said softly. 'I'm a monster..'

Feeling defeated she wanted to just go home, but gasped when Tova embraced her from behind.

'Nonsense.' Tova said. 'You just look impressive when angry. Not like a monster.'

She felt panic welling up in this unfamiliar situation. Why was he hugging her? Wasn't he scared of her just now?

'You got angry for my sake, so thank you.' he said softly.

The warmth of his embrace started to calm her down. 'I didn't mean to be like that..' she said softly.

'No one does. But luckily you look cute the rest of the time.'

'I'm not..'

He let her go and turned her around to him. 'I'm not listening.' he said, smiling at her. 'So, since I have time, why not let me get you something as thanks.'

She looked away. 'I still don't-'

'Thank you, thank you.' a young woman said as she approached them. 'Those guys were a real bother lately.'

Susi shuffled her feet. 'I wasn't really..'

The young woman gave her a quick bow. 'Can I offer you a gift from my shop?' she asked, gesturing at the hair styling salon behind her.

'And I'd like to express my gratitude as well.' a middle aged woman said who joined them. 'They were bothering my customers too.'

'I can't think of anything I need.' Susi muttered, embarrassed by the sudden attention.

'I have an idea, if you ladies don't mind.' Tova said with a twinkle in his eyes.

***

Susi looked with amazement at her reflection in the mirror.

Tova had whispered something in the lady's ears and they smiled at the idea he had, nodding in agreement. Susi had first been taken to the styling salon where the young woman and Tova had looked at a collection of jars. She couldn't see what it was because they were discussing them with her backs to her. Then she had to close her eyes while she felt nimble fingers going through her hair and even along her ears. When the fingers were done she looked to see Tova and the woman examining her and nodding with satisfaction.

Next thing she was taken to the clothing store where the middle aged woman arranged for the younger staff to look around with Tova. When they returned one of the girls took her to the dressing room and handed her their choice of clothing.

Susi looked at the dress. 'I won't look good in this..' she said, wishing she could look nice in it.

'Just try it.' Tova said and chuckled. 'Or do I have to get Meiko to persuade you?'

She groaned inside at the thought. Meiko would make an even bigger fuss about it and never leave her alone after, so she complied and started undressing.

When she came out of the dressing room a little later Tova and the women smiled. Susi plucked a little at the dress, feeling uncomfortable. 'It looks weird, doesn't it?'

'There's just one thing left.' said the stylist who had joined them and took Susi's hands to paint her claws red.

Tova took Susi's hand when the stylist was done and moved her in front of a large mirror. 'If that is weird, I'll stick to that from now on.'

Her short, strapless white dress had red lining along the hem and around the décolleté and matched the white and red highlights in her hair and the red line along the outer edge of her ears.

'Am I..?' she asked, hardly believing she was looking at herself. She ignored fashion because she never thought she'd look nice in anything and this image surprised her.

'See?' said Tova, smiling at her in the mirror while her tail wagged gently. 'You can look very cute. There's also a nice blue highlight colour to go with a black and blue dress.'

'But, I don't know if I can afford all this..'

'Don't worry.' said the stylist. 'The highlights and nail polish are a gift from us.'

'And the dresses come with a big discount.' the store keeper said.

'Which are a gift from me.' said Tova. 'For saving my ass.'

Susi turned back to them and fumbled with her fingers. 'Thank you.' she whispered.

One of the girls smiled. 'I wish my boyfriend was so thoughtful.'

Susi's eyes grew big, her heart beating faster at the thought of him as a boyfriend. 'But I'm not Tova's girlfriend yet.'

Tova raised his eyebrow.

'I mean, I'm not his girlfriend. I can't be. He's an angel and I'm just a.., demon.' she said, looking down.

The girl put her arm around Susi's shoulders. 'Who cares? Everyone has a flaw.'

Susi looked at her with raised eyebrows.

'Just look past him being an angel. It's not his fault he was born that way.' the girl said with a devious grin.

Tova laughed and Susi couldn't stop her chuckle. She felt a lot better now and glanced back into the mirror, slowly liking what she saw.

'Thank you.' Susi said softly, holding the bags with her new clothing and make-up at her chest when they had to part ways to go home.

'No, I thank you for saving me, and letting me see more of your cuteness.' Tova said, smiling at her.

The feeling in her chest was strange, but she thought she'd start to like it when she got used to it more.

'Well, I'll see you and Meiko later for our tour of the neighbourhood.' Tova said.

'Yeah.' she said, feeling a little down at him leaving, but glad anticipating seeing him later.

He took a slow step back and wanted to turn around when she said 'Wait.' and gave him a peck on his cheek.

'Thank you, again.' she said softly and hurried home.

He watched her until she looked back quickly once and disappeared around the street corner, then went back home with a spring in his step.

***

'Goo-ood morning!' Enkel said when Moni surprised him by leaning close the moment he greeted her.

'It's already a little past noon,' she whispered in his ear. 'but I guess I made an impression.'

He watched her move her hips and tail slowly from side to side, holding her hands behind her back and putting her chest a little more forward in her tight, dark blue mini dress.

'Yes, you look very.., good.' he said, trying to bring down his heart rate and reign in his imagination.

'Thank you.' she purred.

He glanced down at his casual dress of jeans and t-shirt with a outline of a cube on it, feeling hopelessly underdressed.

'Don't worry,' she said and smiled. 'you look fine. I mostly wear things like this. I like the tightness around my body and the freedom around my arms and legs. Let's go.'

He watched the light sway of her hips and tail and had to admit he liked her like that too, then quickly closed his door and caught up with her.

'Which way?' she asked outside the building.

'We've been that way.' he said, looking in the direction of the main shopping street, then the other way. 'There's a park that way, which I thought would be a nice start. Then go around along the water to the end of the shopping street and maybe stop by the café.'

She thought about it and nodded. 'Okay, it's a date.' she said and wrapped her arm around his.

'Eh? Date?'

She nodded. 'That would fit the feeling of taking a walk with you more than school assignment.' she said and pulled him along.

That image didn't feel bad to him and he smiled. 'I guess it's a date then.'

Moni smiled as she noticed the people at the park glancing their way. She imagined the guys wishing to be Enkel and moved a little closer to him. She even suspected the girls wishing they were her and have this handsome angel at their side. Giggling at the thought of stealing him away from the rest of womankind made her feel a little proud and powerful.

Enkel saw her amusement and was happy she enjoyed herself. He wondered what would usually make a cat demon happy.

'Got it!' they heard a familiar voice say.

A boy was looking up in one of the trees and they saw Maki sitting on a branch, holding a kite.

She wanted to let it down carefully at the string, but her fingers got caught in a knot, just as a gust of wind pulled at the kite.

Maki let out a shout when she lost balance and fell sideways. Moni and Enkel started their sprint to try and catch her despite being too far away.

They watched her go halfway down to the ground when a big cat demon rushed from the other side of the tree and caught her safely in his strong arms.

Slowing down to a trot they reached Maki and the demon.

'What were you thinking!?' asked Moni. 'Climbing up a tree without any safety!?'

'I sensed someone in distress.' she said, untangled the string from her hand and the demon bend to the boy so she could hand him the kite. 'Be careful around trees from now on.'

The boy smiled up at her and thanked her before hurrying to the open field.

'And another good deed for today.' Maki said and smiled with pride.

Moni and Enkel watched as she settled back in the demon's arms and wiped her hands on her handkerchief like it was the most normal thing in the world.

'So, are we looking at the newest replacement for wheelchairs, or..?' Moni asked.

'Hmm?' said Maki, then realised what she meant. 'Oh! Sorry. This is Peyli.'

The demon gave a slight bow.

'This is Moni,' said Enkel. 'and I'm Enkel. Nice to meet you.' he said and he bow in return.

'Where did you get such a hunk of a demon?' asked Moni. 'And since when did you get so close to one anyway? I thought you didn't like us demons?'

Maki turned red in shame. 'I was wrong.' she said, looking at Peyli. 'Very wrong.'

Peyli smiled gently at her. 'It's in the past now.'

Enkel felt a little surprised at the big cat speaking so gently.

Maki saw Moni's and Enkel's expressions turn to puzzled when a white kitten appeared from behind Peyli's broad neck.

Maki stroked the kitten's back as it purred on the demon's shoulder. 'I saw Peyli with the kitten after we met, thinking he was harassing her again. When I saw him feed her to my surprise, I felt even more confused than when I left you at the café.' she said, and her smile turned a little sad. 'I had hurt him with my accusations and when I saw how wrong I was I didn't know how to make it up to him.'

Peyli stroked Maki's nose with his finger before holding her secure in his arms again. 'That's all behind us now.' he said, enjoying her giggle.

'We talked and I even found out he writes children's stories.' said Maki, beaming a little with pride.

Moni was as surprised as Enkel. 'Oh?'

'I'm not cut out for the demon stuff.' he said bashfully. 'I like writing about happy endings.'

'Ah!' said Maki, staring at the other side of the field. 'I sense more trouble! Something about.., ice cream?'

Peyli looked at Moni and Enkel. 'Looks like we have to go.'

They nodded back at them and they hurried off, Maki giving a quick wave while she was still being carried in Peyli's arms.

'She looks happy.' Moni chuckled.

'Seems like a demon chased out her own demon.' Enkel said.

'Soo.. Got any yourself?' Moni asked, feigning a casual air about her.

He raised an eyebrow. 'I'm an angel, would I?'

She chuckled and gave him a devious smile. 'That would be so out of place.'

'Indeed.' he said and offered his arm. 'We were taking a tour?'

'Yes.' she said, taking his arm and looking forward to the challenge in the coming year.

They exited the park and soon followed the channel flanked by greenery, taking note of their surroundings and the people. Their neighbourhood was fairly quiet, a few cars going by, younger and older people passing them by. Enkel liked it, but Moni suspected she might miss some excitement. At the café they ordered tea and cake and watched more people passing by.

'So, what will you write?' Moni asked.

Enkel leaned back. 'I think I'll say it's a nice neighbourhood, where people can relax in their daily business, meet interesting people sometimes and have the room to make their own entertainment. You?'

'Plain neighbourhood with a lack of exciting places, thus in desperate need of a demonic touch.' she said and laughed.

Enkel let out a quick laugh. 'I had expected that from you.'

She grinned. 'You already know me.'

***

'Tova!!' said Meiko when she and Susi arrived downstairs at their apartment. She waved at him waiting outside. 'Our gallant escort is here.'

Tova smiled as the girls walked up to him, Meiko in her leather outfit and Susi looking shy at the ground in her white dress.

'I hear she has you to thank for the sudden transformation.' Meiko grinned.

He tilted his head. 'I only made a suggestion.'

Meiko wrapped her arm around Susi's shoulders. 'Well, whatever you suggested, it worked.'

He smiled again. 'She does look good.'

'Oh shush!' Susi said and dragged Meiko with her. 'Let's just get this sightseeing over with.'

They decided to walk in a large circle around the centre crossing of the main roads, visiting each quarter in turn and then end at the crossing at a fast food restaurant for a bite to eat.

Most of the buildings in the neighbourhood were large apartment buildings, grouped together with strips of greenery between them and painted in a variety of pastel colours to differentiate them. Kids were playing at playgrounds and groups of elderly people were chatting together in sunny spots.

Passing a group of young men and hearing their whispers about how hot she looked made Meiko grin. She looked at Susi alongside her and got an idea. 'Tova?'

'Yes?' he asked, looking at her.

'Here, hold this.' she said, then wrapped his arm around Susi's and moved to his other side, hooking her own arm with his. 'There. Now it's more like a date.'

'Date!?' asked Susi, her eyes wide in sudden nervousness.

'Why not?'said Meiko with a little smirk. 'Good looking guy, two pretty girls, good setup for a date.'

'But, that's not right!' said Susi. 'It can only be between one guy and one girl!'

Meiko tapped one finger against her chin, looking up in thought. 'Is that so?'

'Yes!'

Meiko started grinning. 'Well then,' she said and pushed Tova against Susi. 'He's all yours then. He fits better with you anyway.'

Susi looked into Tova's surprised face. 'What, wait..' she said but Meiko pushed the two of them onward.

'Let's go, we still have some walking to do and I'm looking forward to some unhealthy fast food.' Meiko said and walked on ahead.

Susi looked nervously at Tova who smiled softly at her. 'Well, let's just have some fun while we're at it, okay?'

She nodded and they followed Meiko who was waving at them to hurry along.

The three walked around the first quarter, dropping into one of the local ground floor stores to buy something to drink and look at the couple of artworks posted between the buildings. Susi noticed some of the stares of people as they walked by, expecting them to think what a beast like her does at the side of a handsome guy like Tova, let alone walking arm in arm like lovers. She felt her face become hot at that thought and tried to banish the thought of them being lovers. On the one hand she wanted to let go of him, but on the other she couldn't get herself to do it.

'Something on your mind?' asked Tova.

She felt startled at his sudden question. 'Ah, sorry..' she muttered, trying to focus back on the present. 'It's nothing. Just some random thing.'

He smiled softly at her. 'Okay. Let's head for the next quarter.'

She nodded and glanced at Meiko grinning at her before going on their way, crossing the main road to visit the other side.

At the centre of the next quarter Meiko and Susi sat down at one of the benches around a small fountain while Tova went to treat them to ice cream from a vendor who stood nearby.

'Well?' asked Meiko, looking at Tova's back.

'What?' asked Susi.

Meiko nudged her. 'You know. Do you like him or not?'

Susi almost fell from the bench. 'Like him!?' she stammered. 'I don't even think he'd like me! Why would he like a beast like me!?'

Meiko chuckled. 'He did get you to wear these clothes after suggesting them. I don't know many guys who'd do that for a girl they have no interest in.'

Susi smiled shyly, her tail wagging slightly.

Tova returned with the ice cream and they sat in silence, enjoying the moment while they ate it.

'So, Tova,' said Meiko. 'is there a girl in your life?'

Susi coughed, almost choking in the lump of ice cream she bit off. Meiko smacked her back gently while Tova looked a little puzzled and surprised at them.

'No. But why do you ask?'

SciFurz
SciFurz
2,043 Followers
12