Love Turmoil

Story Info
Will love find its way?
1.5k words
4.26
12.2k
2

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 06/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa glanced nervously at the big wooden clock hanging over the wall. In another thirty minutes, she would be married. She still could not believe that the once so beautiful dream all girls have at the back of their mind could make her heart squeeze so painfully.

She unconsciously drifted back to her first meeting of her soon to be husband and wondered again how she could have been such a foolish swan.

Dominic Gladden was all a woman could wish. His hair was black and shiny, it hung in waves to just his ear. His skin was the most wonderful color, a golden olive, he just screamed healthy and outdoor active. 'He'd have to be active to get a build like that,' she remembered thinking, examining his near perfect physique. Even his hand which was waving at them appeared large and muscular. Despite wearing a simple polo shirt and casual slacks, he had an unmistakable air of authority. And those eyes, they were blue grey she noticed and very pleasant to look at.

"Hello" he said in a rich husky voice. "Hope you had a nice voyage." He smiled and a white set of teeth showed their way up.

"Oh yes, we did have a nice journey but as you guess, we were very impatient to reach. How is my kid brother doing?" asked Dad. Dominic sobered, "His condition is stable for the moment. We should probably rush. Lisa, I presume?" he asked looking at her. His eyes were so piercing that she felt him baring her very soul. "Where are my manners?" Dad interrupted, "Dominic, meet my daughter Lisa and Lisa, this is Dominic – Dom".

He took her hand and gave it a hearty shake. She felt an electrical bolt; her mouth dried and only managed to stumble a week "Hi". Was it her or did Dominic have the same physical jolt reaction? It seems that her knees could least carry her.

'Get a grip Lis!!' She scolded. 'Don't make a complete fool of yourself.'

"We should get going", She said. Dad agreed and we proceeded towards the car.

Dad seems increasing anxious as we reached the hospital. She held his hands and did the best she could to comfort him silently. She knew this was difficult for him, to meet his twin brother after so much time, especially when the brothers had drifted apart because of property dispute. Dad had always made a point to let know who 'family' was. She had known that Uncle Harry lived in San Francisco with his family, wife and son, being Dominic, even though, they had never visited.

Alfred Gladden had a golden heart and he had showed it to her numerous times starting from the first time he had saw her in Mary's Kinder orphanage. His late wife had never been able to beget children and thus, they decided to adopt a child. Alfred as he mentioned time and again had 'fallen in love' with those messy curly blonde hair and green waterfall eyes once he had set his eyes over her.

It was how Lisa had been liberated from the orphanage life to the princess existence she lived and she was ever grateful to this man, who trembled a little as they reached the room.

"I think its better we give them some time" the voice of Dominic stopped her reverie. She nodded. "I guess you have not eaten yet" said Dominic, "let's go to the cafeteria and take something to eat for Uncle Al as well. Are you okay? You seem awfully quiet."

"Am sorry, hospitals bring back too many memories" Lisa apologised.

"I can understand" offered Dominic. 'He must know of the circumstances of her adoption' Lisa though but did not supply any more information.

Chasing the dark thoughts off her mind, Lisa decided to move to a safer subject matter.

"So, what would you have...?"

They ordered everything and set back to Uncle Harry's room where they found Al seated across the hospital bed gazing over his brother.

"We have wasted too much time over trivial matters and now, remembering all the unnecessary disputes" Dad wiped the tears forming and turned to Dominic "I wanted to thank you for contacting me when you learned about his disease, Dominic, it means a lot for me to be able to be here for his last moments."

"He wanted countless time to contact you himself much before he knew his situation but maybe..." Dominic voice trailed off but we all understood that the brother's had drifted apart because of ego issues.

"Do not torture yourself, badass, am as much to be blamed here" weakly murmured Harry Gladden. "This young lady must be Lisa."

"Hello Uncle Harry. Am delighted to meet you" said Lisa.

"I would have hoped in better situation" answered wearily Uncle Harry. Lisa did not know how to respond and looking around, she met the electrifying eyes of Dominic again on her.

"Relax, dn't tire yourself up" interrupted Dominic "We will not stay for long since you need to rest. We shall be back in the evening. Take care."

"Lets head to the manor for both of you to rest. It has been a long journey" said Dominic.

She could feel the tiredness rising as they headed to the manor. They ate in silence, the painful situation did not encourage idle talks. Being an interior designer, Lisa was not used to travel much and she always felt 'home'. She had a small but successful business to which she dedicated all her time and energy along with her only friend, Cassie. It was the first time, after meeting Dominic that she reflected on her non existent love life.

Having witness the constant violent abuse of her biological mother and ultimately her murder by her own father had left scars over her heart, not that, she had been unhappy after her adoption but still, she never really overcame her fear of getting attached to other people, less to the opposite sex. However, she felt an unusual attraction to Dominic and she had met him for less than three hours! It was as if her soul felt connected to him though they had barely spoken. She imagined those strong arms wrapped around her, that powerful mouth over hers. She imagined wrapping her arms around his strong neck and pulling him close. 'God, stop it' she scolded.

The next week elapsed quite quickly. Lisa was able to handle her work, propose her designs and contact her clients without any issues. Alfred had spent mostly all his time at the hospital. She had accompanied him few times but being at the hospital was not easy for her. Though she concentrated on her work, she could not help the disappointment of not seeing Dominic more often. With Uncle Harry situation, he had much to do but managed to have lunch with her almost everyday.

Their time was limited but it sure left her with a smile on. The attraction she felt kept on rising and she surprisingly was looking forward to spend more time with him. Though Dominic did not actually say it but she felt he was attracted to her as well. It could not be just her. The way he looked like her spoke volumes to her.

It was Sunday night when her father phoned her to announce the bad news of Uncle Harry death. She did her best to comfort her dad as well as Dominic. The funeral went as well as it could be expected.

"I have a favor to ask to both of you" said Dad the next evening. "I want you to go back to our home town, to the villa. That damn villa had been the source of our stupid dispute but I want it to be restored. It was such a majestic figure back then, it was magnificent but it been abandoned during the court case but now with Harry no longer here...please, I know it would be a great opportunity for you Lisa to restore that old mansion but my mind would not be at peace knowing you alone out there. Dom, would it be possible for you to accompany Lisa for atleast one week, for her to be able to check on the condition of the house to know where to start?"

"I can keep in touch with my business almost everywhere so it should be no issue and I know it would have pleased Dad to see that old ruin to get back into shape" offered Dominic. "Would it be ok to leave by tomorrow Lisa? Are you coming as well Uncle Al?"

"Oh, I do not think it will be possible for me, son. Just too soon"

"I understand Uncle Al. What about you Lisa?"

Lisa was elated to hear about the old mansion restoration. She wanted to work on that project since quite long, ever since, the only time, she had laid eyes on that mansion. She had made up plans as well. She really loved that small village atmosphere. She wanted to erect her 'dream house' on that land. Being of such reserved nature, her work was where she poured her heart and energy into.

"Sure, tomorrow will be fine but we shall have to book for rooms at the hotel since it would be unlikely that we could stay at the manor."