Love Turmoil Ch. 05

Story Info
Will love find its way?
1.2k words
4.31
5.9k
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 06/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Breath darling, I don't want you to get all mushy on me now."

Lisa nervously glanced at Cassie who was relentlessly teasing her since the beginning of the party. It was true, however, that Lisa was working herself off, impatiently waiting for the results to be announced. It was the third year that they were participating in the Home Design contest. They had been ruled out fifth the first year and second, upon their last participation.

Lisa had really invested all she could in this new project of hers. She did not even know the owners and wondered more than once on the reason why they had been chosen L&C for the job. It was not their usual course of work. She was normally guided by the personality of her clients when proposing ideas but it was indeed the first time that she actually worked on a yet to be built house plans with the help of an architect who they often contacted for their usual works. More strange was the fact that the owner did not even went through the designs and plans, not bothering to give approvals or any construction ideas.

So, she started working on the house, not thinking of anything much, more precisely, of Dominic. The plot of land was outside the town, around half an hour. The owner had actually bought the whole property which included a small hill, a deep seated river and expanded miles away. Lisa had chosen the house designs and everything for the house, personally selecting each and every piece of furniture. Cassie would often tease her about finally erecting the house of her dreams, not that she could deny it, the project was the rock she held on for the moment. So, at the time of submission for the Home Design contest, she could think of no better work of hers to post. Lisa reserved the right to use her creations for each client by official contract but still, she waited for the confirmation from her 'invisible' client and was not disappointed when she received the 'go ahead' mail.

"...and the winner for this year Home Design contest is...L&C."

Lisa jerked away from her thoughts to the raining applauses, lights focusing on their table where she was seated along with Cassie and Roy.

"We did it, oh Cassie, did you hear that," Lisa could barely contain her excitement.

"Yes sweetheart, we certainly made it" Cassie hugged her back and both the girls marched up to the stage.

"I have the immense pleasure to call on Mr Dominic Gladden, owner of Gladden Enterprises, to do the honours."

Lisa watched the imperative figure of Dominic as he walked up to the stage. She felt all motions freeze, her surroundings almost inexistent, a turmoil of emotions rushed through her. Every memory of pain since their last conversation surged forward, constraining her body.

She had thought more than once on how she would react if ever Dominic crossed her path again. None of her hypothetic imaginary situations could prepare her to this. He was dressed in an impeccable black business suit. He was more handsome than she remembered. Reaching her, his large, tanned fingers wrapped around her wrists, pausing her motions, she glanced up and locked gazes with the object of her desire. He was a picture of rugged handsomeness carved from flesh toned granite – all hard angles and smooth planes. From his straight, aquiline nose to the high cheekbones that begged for her touch all the way down to the prominent line of his jaw, Dominic Gladden was the embodiment of male perfection. The deep blue grey eyes captured hers. He was a tall man, towering over her smaller frame by nearly a foot and made her feel vulnerable

"Hello, Lisa" he said in that unique smoothing voice, "I hope you have been well." He reached for her hand, kissing her fingers.

The touch of his warm lips on her skin snapped Lisa back from her reverie and she quickly freed herself. Cassie, who was still at her side came to her rescue and placed herself between them, allowing her thoughts to calm down.

"Congratulations to you both," continued Dominic. He was talking to Cassie but Lisa felt his eyes focused of her. Lisa could really only manage to admire her shoes for the moment.

"Well, thank you Mr Gladden," Cassie said.

"Smile ladies, we shall do the morning front covers tomorrow," said the friendly elocutionist. Dominic led them to the front stage where many photographers were patiently waiting.

"Allow me the pleasure of your company for the rest of the night, ladies" asked Dominic, still talking to Cassie.

"Am sorry but we will not be able to stay much longer." interrupted Lisa, sweeping past Dominic and walking back to their table where Roy was waiting for them to return.

"I knew both of you would make it" Roy said when he reached Cassie, pulled her into his arms and tucked her head under his chin.

"Am sorry to be such a spoilt party but I really need to get back home," Lisa was trying hard to get her voice even.

"Yes, sweetheart, its better we rush back," Cassie emphasised, interrupting Roy, who obviously thought it was too early but nonetheless agreed without any protests.

They dropped her home and she had to literally beg Roy to get Cassie to their own apartment instead of staying back with her.

Three months had elapsed since she last heard of Dominic. Three months where she had focused solely of the house, which had made her win the Home Design contest but now, the simple fact of meeting Dominic again had brought back all the memories she wanted to bury deep down.

She had, of course, known that she would not be able to avoid him forever but she thought she would be lucky enough for it to be in around a zillion year after! Lisa had even gently rebuked her father whenever he tried to talk about Dominic.

Just as she was gathering her thoughts, Lisa heard a soft knock at her door. 'I told Cassie that I would be fine' Lisa thought, rushing to the door and opening as quickly as possible.

"Darling, I thought..." started Lisa and then abruptly stopped when she realised exactly who was at her door.

"Hey Princess, you left without properly saying goodbye" Dominic started.

Before she could reply, he claimed her mouth. Shocked, she parted her lips to protest but his tongue swept pass her teeth, teasing her mouth with gentle caresses that tingled through her body. One hand cradled her face while the other held her waist. She felt blood rush to her head making her dizzy. Deepening the kiss, he moved his arm around her waist to support her while his hand cradling her face traced down her collar and under her jacket. Holding the weight in his palm, his thumb stroked her breast searching for the pebble hard bud. As his tongue invaded her mouth, his hands moved over the length of her body.

Lisa moaned as he touched her. His fingers gently traced her spine stopping at the curve of her bottom, then moving up across her shoulders and stopping at the curve of her breasts. He repeated his simple touches until she was aching with need, her hands moving towards enveloping him, just as the shrill ring of Lisa's cell phone made her realise what was going on.

Lisa's hand automatically came up and slapped Dominic's face with as much force as she can muster, the sound echoed around her small apartment.