Lovers' Oath Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He stared at her for a few seconds, seeing the hope in her eyes, seeing the desperation to find answers, to understand this entirely new world that had suddenly been revealed to her. He had always wondered at the apparent ease with which she had seemed to have adjusted into it, without questions, without doubts. As if a cub had returned to its pack after a long separation. But with that one question of hers, he knew exactly how insecure she felt here.

And he had the power and the knowledge to make the insecurities and the questions and the doubts all go away. Sadly, it wasn't his place to do that. He could almost see on her face the thoughts racing in her mind. His heart wrenched as he replied,

"No, Rayn, I don't know what you are." He clenched his jaw as he saw the hope shatter in her eyes -- as quickly as her eyes had lit up, it went out.

"Oh." She looked down, trying to stop the tears that threatened to spill out. "Okay." Her voice quivered despite her efforts.

"But I can help you find out. I can help you to flourish and master your abilities, to realize the potential you have. And I see great potential in you Rayn." He quickly gushed out, trying very hard not to just give in to the impulse to wipe away that look of pain on her face. He could almost feel her jumbled up emotions rolling off her. Logic dictated that he contained himself, yet, her emotions assailed his in so many ways, that it was quickly becoming very hard to keep a hold of himself when he could just take away the pain she was experiencing. If he knew one thing with certainty, it was that were he free to do so, he would give her what she needed in a heartbeat. He shook his head. "Rayn?" He tentatively asked, reaching out to touch her hand. He heard her suck in some air, then slowly release it.

"I'm fine." She shook her head, then lifting it with a small smile on her face.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"It's okay, really. You haven't probably come across a creature like me before. No experiment gone wrong before me." She forced out a small laugh.

He frowned, "Experiment?" He had an inkling the answer wouldn't be nice.

"Just something Priyal said." She waved her hand.

"Ah." He nodded, making a note to himself to reply to Priyal in kind on Rayn's behalf. "Well, it's true that I haven't come across such an exquisite creature like you before, but in reality, there is no synthesized magic that could create you. It just wouldn't be powerful enough to combine the forces of four different creatures into one body without any distortion and in almost equal proportions. So, yeah, sorry to inform you love, but you are no experiment gone wrong. You are the result of two very kind souls who loved each other enough to overcome the differences between their genetics and give life to the most beautiful creature any Original Mystique can think of." He smiled as he saw her cheeks reddening slightly.

She leaned back into the couch, smirking at him. As he stopped speaking, she waved a hand at him, "Well go on. It sounds really good to me."

"Naughty kitty." He chastised her mockingly. "You know, I wasn't joking when I said I'll train you from now on. I will be working you like a slave, you know?"

"Oh? Alright. I'm ready." She straightened her body, then sniffed the air, "You know, the air in this room is practically thick with energy. I can actually feel it against my skin." She stretched like a cat again.

"Hmm, yes. This energy works much like an electric magnet. The energy is more concentrated around me because, well, I use it more and I hold it more inside me. The fact that this room holds the most magical objects -- objects that utilize, synthesize and channel this energy also helps."

"Ah. I see. Well then, let's get started, shall we?" She stood facing him, her body tense to spring into action. Rogers cocked an eyebrow at her.

"What are you doing?" He asked dryly.

"Um, getting ready to... er..." She wasn't sure what to say. She shrugged, "I dunno, this is how Priyal told me to stand while training."

He scoffed, "Well, no wonder you weren't making any progress. Magic isn't something to fight with, it is something to be explored. It isn't a weapon. It is, well, one form of energy that needs proper channeling. You know, like heat, or light. You channel energy in a certain way and it gives you light, sound, heat. Just like that, you channel energy in another way, and it results in magic. In order to channel it properly, you need to open the channels first."

"Huh." She stared blankly at him. Seeing the look on her face, he shook his head in exasperation,

"Let me guess, she didn't explain this to you, did she?" When Rayn shook her head, he sighed, "Gods know where the hell magical education is going these days. No one knows the basics and they go on trying to teach others. Pupils teaching other pupils, no master." Seeing the amused look on her face, he stopped muttering, "Sit!" he indicated the couch. "Now close your eyes and feel the motion of the energy around you. Notice how they flow around you. Don't try to do anything, just notice it." As Rayn sat still, obeying his directions, he sat opposite her, observing her, noting the way she sometimes moved a finger, or may be tilt her head a little as she felt the magical energy flooding around her. As his eyes travelled lower on her body, he saw what he was looking for.

Very dimly, yet surely, the mark above her right breast glowed, thin outlines of dull red carvings appeared on her body fragmentally. Slowly, steadily they crept up and down her body starting from her mark, some carvings fading away, others glowing stronger yet remaining incomplete, making her look like a painting that was discontinued.

As he watched her body slowly transform, he leaned back into the couch, a feeling of déjà vu quite strong in his mind. History was repeating itself. Only, he hoped he could alter its course this time.

*****

Author's Note: Yeah, so I kind of wanted to finish chapter 9 before posting chapter 8. I almost succeeded. Chapter 9 is a few incidents away from completion. But, I should warn you, I'll post chapter 9 next month, I'll update it in my bio when I post. Why? Because I want to write at least half of chapter 10 before posting 9. And I hate to keep you guys waiting for so long.

I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you think through your votes and comments. Thanks to my lovely readers (yup, I'm talking about you), I always feel good about my work.