Love's Curse Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I never intended to kill you Lilandra, I felt your soul crying out and knew that you had to be rescued from the life of horrors that had been inflicted upon you. There may also have been a small bird that informed me of your circumstances."

"A small bird? I did not know birds talked?"

He couldn't help but smirk at this, he was fascinated by her innocence. "It is a turn of phrase, this particular little bird is a handsome one with black hair and a rugged body."

She gasped. "You mean Aries? You know him!"

The prince nodded slowly. "Indeed, he is...an acquaintance of mine. We do not see each other often as his traveling schedule is a mystery and he does not stay for long either. He prefers to meet with me alone."

"Oh." For some reason, his explanation didn't disappoint her as much as she thought it would. True she liked Aries but now that she was starting to enjoy Beast's company she felt like a traitor for ever feeling something for Aries to begin with.

"But do not worry yourself over him Lilandra, to word it in a softer way, he prefers to play for his home team as it were." He slowly sliced through a thick steak with one of his claws, placing the piece in his mouth and chewing slowly.

The reference was lost on her but his tone reassured her and she went back to eating. Shyly she asked, "Where did Lynn go?"

"He is most likely making sure the musician has not run away screaming. Either that or he is picking out a fine wine for after dinner."

"How about both," Lynn replied as he entered with a bottle of wine and the musician.

Aries smiled wider as he saw the musician enter, he was, of course blindfolded so he would not be terrified away. "Ah, thank you Lynn, I trust he did not require too much liquid courage?"

"Just the right amount milord. He is ready when you are."

Lilandra rose and felt a faint tremor run through her. She had never danced in her life. Her mother always said she was going to teach her but had never found the time.

Beast looked up at her from his meal for a moment, concerned at the look on her face. "Are you alright Lilandra?"

"I'm fine. I'm ready," she stammered, her hands running up and down her legs. She hadn't meant for him to see her unease at the prospect of dancing.

Lynn watched her intently. He was certain he knew what the problem was but he was going to let the two of them work it out.

Wiping his mouth carefully with his napkin, Beast rose, approaching her with a friendly manner, "I hope you do not mind but I'm not the best dancer in the world. Lynn has tried to teach me but sadly has ended up with more trodden toes than dance moves taught."

"You too? Oh good." She walked up to him them, her smile tentative as she waited for him to tell her how to position herself.

He smiled back and with as much care as possible he gently positioned the both of them as they should be. "First you take a step towards me, like this." He took a step back, allowing her to follow his movements. "Then a step to the left, like this. Then a step to the right, like so."

She moved as he directed and was doing fine until the musician started to play his pipes and she stepped on Beast's foot. He didn't seem to notice, continuing to move in time with the music, enjoying the moment they were having. She relaxed as she found the rhythm and within minutes was actually leaning closer to Beast. His smell which was still animal but combined with a light floral scent, made her smile. It reminded her of the scent of the Night Roses.

His arm lightly wrapped round her waist, holding her close, the music drifting across the night sky as the evening seemed to last forever...