Love's Triumph: Silver Linings

Story Info
The love story of a life time.
7.7k words
4.7
7.5k
11

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 06/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,291 Followers

Here is my new offering. I love stories that flashback, and I attempted to do so in this tale. I hope you enjoy my offerings and will share your thoughts. There is not a lot of sex in this story, but all characters are above the age of consent. Please read, relax, and enjoy.

IR2R

*****

The sky was lit up in purple and red hues. Candace stood fascinated. Even after all of her years on this earth, Mother Nature still amazed her. She sighed, taking in the wonders of the heavens, as she recalled a time from long ago.

At eighteen years old, Candace Smythe was no stranger to hard work. At five, she cared for her three younger siblings while Ma and Pa sharecropped the land. At seven, she joined her parents in the fields with her older siblings. When she turned twelve, Ma died, and her oldest sister left home to marry. She was now the second oldest girl at home and the responsibility of caring for the younger ones fell on her. Her older sister, Betty, assumed the role of Ma. Candace watched as her father and uncles used Betty often for their amusement. She wished ma was still alive because then they wouldn't hurt her sister like that.

One night, Betty was screaming, and Candace awoke to find her sister fighting with Pa. Betty got away from him and ran. Before she left, she hugged her and apologized because she couldn't protect them anymore. Candace cried as her sister disappeared into the cold night and sighed as she now assumed role of Momma.

Pa was harsh, and mean, but to protect her three younger siblings, Candace stayed. She hated her existence, but like her sister before her, she took care of home. She avoided her uncles and her Dad. Unlike her older sisters, he didn't bother her like he did them, and her uncles did not come around as often. This changed when she turned eighteen, and Pa decided she needed to earn her keep.

Candace was a beautiful girl. Pa had a hard time keeping his hands off of her, but when Betty ran off, the sheriff stopped by. He warned him, and he knew he had to wait. She was too young, but that was years ago. Now she was old enough. Unlike the other girls, he felt a sense of responsibility to this one. Unlike the other girls, she was his. As much as he wanted her, he wouldn't screw his own daughter.

However, he'd have to be blind not to notice how fine she was. Her long legs, tight ass, and firm breast tempted him. It grew harder and harder to resist his urges. One night after drinking, Pa no longer cared. If Candace wanted to stay in his house, then she had to earn her place.

Candace knew things had changed. Pa would barge in when she bathe. He never gave her privacy, but usually one of the younger ones would be around. He often leered at her when she walked around. Soon, at night, he'd walk around exposing himself to her. She'd look away, but he'd stand before her and demand that she watch. Then one night, he made her touch him. He told her either she'd stroke him or he was waking Cindy. Candace pleasured her father. Soon, he climaxed filling her hand with his seed. As he grunted his completion, he forced her legs apart as he forced his fingers inside of her virgin cunt. Then he slept.

Candace had to go. She hated leaving her brothers and baby sister, but she had to get out before he woke. If only, he had stayed out of her room. She didn't want to leave them, but he left her no choice. "Cindy, we're leaving. Get up." She woke her youngest sister. She woke her brothers too. She had learned that they had an aunt. She was a spinster, and she'd try to get her siblings to her. Late that night, all four of them snuck out and walked. They walked for hours before a policeman picked them up. Fortunately, he was a nice man, and he took them to the county line. Candace and the younger kids walked, eating the few rations the officer provided them until she reached the home of her aunt.

The older woman refused to open her door at first, but changed her mind. She was willing to take the younger kids, but Candace could not stay. After a tearful goodbye, Candace left her siblings and traveled north.

Candace stopped the memory; the one secret that she never shared was what she suffered at the hands of her father. It was no one's business and even thought the events from long ago shaped her life; she would never utter a word against her father's name.

*****

"Ms. Candace, it's time for you medicine," A kind voice called, breaking her from her reverie.

Candace smiled, "Genie, come on in. I was just musing, admiring this beautiful spring shower."

Genie Baptiste smiled. She loved her job. She was a travel nurse, and soon she'd be looking for new assignments. Candace was her last patient and once she passed on, she would move on as well.

She took the geriatric's woman hand and helped her to sit. Taking her time, she checked her vitals, and made sure she was comfortable, then she administered her medication.

Candace took the pills. She sighed, "Genie, why do you bother? If you miss a day, I could go in peace." She would say.

Genie smiled, "Ms. Candace, I can't let you go, not until you finish the story. Now tell me about Earl. I know he was handsome, but why did you hate him so?"

Candace frowned. A part of her regretted telling this young woman her life story, but for some reason, she needed the story to be told.

"I'll share more later on. I want to sit now; just sit and watch the storm." Candace stated.

Genie smiled and nodded. She stood, and decided to give the older woman a few minutes alone. She left to clean up. She left the elderly woman alone. Genie sighed, and prayed that soon, the true nature of her existence would be revealed.

Meanwhile, Candace remembered everything in her life. It seemed like yesteryear, but decades had passed. She looked over at the area where Genie worked. The young woman was beautiful; her caramel skin fresh, vibrant. She could tell that life was not always easy for the girl, but at least she had the chance to make things better for herself. Candace smiled and sighed, as Genie reentered the room.

"Ms. Candace, are you all right?" She queried.

"I'm ok, child. It's the memories." Then she once again began to share. "It was a hard time for colored people. That's what they called us back then, colored. I was not well educated, so I had no problem fitting into my place. Once and a while, an uppity black would make noise, but soon they'd be put in their place. It was easy. You just had to be invisible." Candace explained. She was eighteen when she met the four most important people that would shape who she would become.

"Get this mess cleaned up. You lazy wenches don't deserve the checks you get. I'm docking all of you." Old Jack, the shift manager bellowed.

Candace cringed, this was the fifth time their boss, Old Jack had threatened them. She had just found this job and had yet to earn a check; she didn't want to lose it before she earned it, so Candace scrubbed harder.

The other girls worked just as hard as he complained. Soon, it was time for a break. He yelled "BREAK!" and the five young women walked out. Standing out by the curb of the massive office building, Candace listened as the other women talked. She was amazed at how much more experience the other girls had.

"Candy, don't let these girls scare you. Deep down, they are no good." Her friend Marsha teased. The other three women laughed and carried on. Candace said very little, and soon the break ended and they went back to work.

Candace was a hard worker. She had no choice. If she wanted to eat, she had to work. Her friend Marsha let her stay, but she needed to help pay the bills. Candace thought of her siblings and wondered if they were all right. She felt guilty. The responsibility she had, now fell on her younger sister. The day ended and Marsha told Candace to come with her. She had another job lined up for them. Candace went.

Candace had never entered or even heard of a gentleman's club. She entered, and the first thing she noticed was the smoke. The thick dark aroma filled her lungs, making her cough.

"You get used to it." Marsha explained. She led her to the back.

Marsha's boss was a tall wiry man. He eyed Candice up and down. "Not bad to look at. Smile for me." Candace did. "You'll do OK."

Candace went to work.

The club was full of various types of men. Candace being new worked in the back room. The men were extremely friendly, constantly touching and grabbing her. She hated it. She even spoke harshly to a few when Marsha pulled her aside.

"Girl, you want to lose this job." She hissed. "Play nice."

Candace soon got the message. Months passed and she worked tirelessly. Day after day, she cleaned. Night after night, she served. Then one night, he walked in. He should have stayed in the front with the whites, he came to the back where the coloreds were. The patrons eyed him carefully, with the barkeep approaching. He ordered a straight scotch and sat brooding.

Candace was fascinated. He wasn't a handsome man, but he was the first white man she'd ever seen up close that didn't sneer at them or make hateful statements. The other waitresses flirted, but Candace kept her distance.

As the night wore on, he moved to a table and Candace was his server. He looked at her and quickly ordered. As she served him, he never touched her or made lewd remarks. The other men were even more subdued as they watched this stranger sit amongst them.

Finally, it was late and they had to leave. The men paid, with him sitting there waiting. As Candace checked on him once more, he handed her a wad of cash. "Here you go, sweetie, you deserve it." He whispered. "I'm Sylvester, Sylvester Dumont, maybe you can spend a bit of time with me next time." He whispered, then he waited. Candace paid the ticket. As she walked his change back to him, Sylvester smiled, folded the bills in her hand, and whispered, "Keep it." Then he left. Candace quickly stuffed her tips into her pocket.

The shift ended, and the night club closed. As they walked out, Marsha's boyfriend at the time, Gus, wanted her with him. Marsha hesitated. She didn't want Candace to walk home alone. Soon, harry and Stybo joined them and Marsha relaxed. These two men would make sure Candace was safe. She bid her friend good night, as she headed off with Gus.

J

"Girl, you are fine as a rooter tooter. I'd do anything for some time with you." Stybo boasted. Candace smiled, but did not respond.

"Stybo, shut up, man. A classy girl like Candy doesn't need any tired old lines from you." Harry exclaimed.

Candace laughed, "Thanks Harry," she whispered and the older gentleman stumbled. She faced Stybo. "Stybo, is that your real name?" She asked.

"Naw, my real name is Cornelius Styman Bowen, my daddy called me Stybo. So now everyone calls me Stybo."

Candace nodded. Soon the small group of three was approached by a small group of whites. Harry and Stybo moved Candace to stand behind them. They faced the three men.

"What you boys doing out here this late?" A short, stocky man demanded. He smelled, and Harry knew they would end up hurt this night.

"We just walking home, suh." Harry answered meekly.

The guy laughed and slapped his hat off. Harry stood stoic, eyes downcast; he never looked up. Stybo was frozen, both men terrified that tonight would be their last night on this earth. Harry prayed that if the men attacked them that Candace could get away. She wasn't from here, not used to this.

"Girl, what's yo name?" The leader of the group demanded.

Candace was scared. "Candace." She whispered.

"Well," he stated shoving Stybo and Harry aside to stand before Candace.

Please god. Candace prayed when a car drove up.

The men looked up as two tall men exited the car. Harry and Stybo knew the end was near.

"Candace, are you all right?" a familiar voice asked.

Candace nodded, her eyes never leaving the man that stood before her.

"Look, we are talking to these darkies. Go on about your business." The three men proclaimed.

Sylvester joined them. It had been a while since he'd fed his lust. And now, seeing this monster touch the one that was his, he knew it was time to feed. Facing Stybo and Harry, Sylvester stated, "Gentlemen, please escort Candace home. These men won't bother you again."

Harry took Candace's hand and they left. Sylvester smiled as faced the ragamuffin group. "Who the fuck are you?" The overzealous leader demanded.

Sylvester smiled. He then shimmered, revealing his true face, "Your just desserts." He hissed, as the three men screamed. Soon, the three men existed no more. Sylvester faced his associates, "Candace is to be protected from this point on. If someone bothers her, bother them." he then vanished back to his home.

Neither Harry nor Stybo spoke. Both men were still shaking from the encounter.

"Candace, are you OK?" Harry asked.

"I'm ok." She whispered. A part of her was relieved that Sylvester showed up.

Days went by, and things were the same. Candace worked, and the two males escorted her home. Each night, they watched out for the old truck, but it never came back. Each night, as Candace worked, she's watch the door, hoping Sylvester would come in, sadly he did not return to the club.

One night, the sheriff stopped in. he was asking about the three men. Their wives finally reported them missing. The truck they drove was found abandoned, but no sign of the men. After some more time passed, the questions eventually stopped and the three were ruled deceased after their pieces of their clothing were found in the woods.

"Candace, how terrifying? Did you all ever find out what happened to those men?" Genie asked. Candace closed her eyes for a moment. No one ever said anything, but they knew wild animals did not kill those three men.

Candace nodded, "Yes, and it wasn't pretty. You won't believe what I say is real. But child, there are things out here in this world besides us."

Genie was fascinated. She wanted to hear more. She knew Candace spoke the truth, because she was not what she appeared. She was a caretaker, sent to guard the woman her master loved. She had to keep Candace talking, before revealing her true mission.

The man she knew as Sylvester was really a powerful creature. He wasn't human, but a guardian for mankind. For eight centuries, he walked the world alone, then several decades ago, he found his soul mate. She was one of the people he was assigned to protect, a mere human girl, and for some reason did not recognize him.

Not wanting to cause her harm, he faded into the shadows, but assigned people to watch out for her. Now she was at the end of her lifecycle, and he wanted to restore her youth. He'd allowed her a lifetime with her human friends, human family, now it was time for her to take her true place. That was at his side.

Genie, how is she? Her master demanded.

Sire, she grows weaker. Her human body is failing. She needs to be fed. Genie replied.

Tomorrow, mix my blood into her drink. It will strengthen her. Soon, I will reveal myself to her and give her a choice. Sylvester sent.

Sire, why are you waiting? You can just reveal yourself and save her. Genie asked.

She has to make the choice, Genie. Years ago, she asked me for time. As she requested, I went away. But now, those that she was tied to are gone now. I have a chance with her, but I won't manipulate her. I will give her a choice. He explained.

Genie nodded, as she prepared for her next day. She knew what she had to do. Mixing a vial of Sylvester's blood into her coffee, Genie would extend Candace's life for a little while longer.

Candace slept peacefully, completely unaware that she was guarded.

Stroking her cheek, Sylvester whispered. "My love, I'm here. If you give me a chance, we will have eternity together."

Candace dreamed. She was standing in a field. The sun kissed her face and she closed her eyes enjoying the sensation. Soon, she was not alone. He stood behind her as she turned. She had not seen him in decades, not since she called on him for help.

Sylvester smiled. Candace turned away. Here she was an old woman, fantasizing about a man she could never have. "Candace, all that you want and more is waiting for you." Sylvester whispered, then vanished.

Candace woke. It felt so real. She could still smell the aftershave he wore. It was as if, Sylvester was really here.

He was here. You remember what he told you. Candace pondered.

"No one can live that long. He was just a man." Candace said to herself aloud. "Besides, I'm nobody. Why would someone like him want a nobody like me?"

Sylvester listened. He wanted to come forward, prove to her that she was wrong in her musings, but it was not yet time. Soon, he'd reveal himself and all would be explained. Sleep beautiful, he sent, and just as quickly as she woke up, Candace drifted back into dreamland.

*****

Coughing, her chest hurt, as she woke. Laying silently, Candace wanted to go. She had lived a long time and now she wanted rest. Yet, something kept her here.

Soon, she heard the door opening and Genie called out. Candace smiled. She had to share her story with this young woman, but she did not know why. One she told her story maybe then she could finally sleep.

"Morning, Ms. Candace. How did you sleep?" She asked.

Candace forced a smile, "All right, I guess." Candace whispered. She would not burden this young woman with her bad night.

"Come on, let me check your vitals." Genie stated.

She recorded data and realized that Candace's heart rate was irregular. Her breathing was even more labored. She was hanging on by a string. She needed to be fed. Maybe once she drank the master's blood, she'd stabilize.

"Let me get your breakfast." Genie stated. Fixing her simple toast with orange juice, she mixed in the deep red blood, causing the juice to appear darker. She knew Candace would question, so she explained that she added a vitamin supplement to the juice.

Candace drank the juice quickly, and instantly her color improved. "Well, you look a bit better. How are you feeling?" Genie asked. She already knew, but she wanted to see what Candace would say.

Candace sighed, "Much better. That supplements really works." She whispered.

Genie smiled, as she went about her work.

Genie, how was she this morning? Sylvester asked.

Her heart was so slow this morning. She wants to give up. Sire, I will try to distract her today as well. Genie replied.

Candace was quiet. Her dream of Sylvester the night before lay heavily on her mind. Genie waited. Then she asked, "Why did you leave home at such a young age?"

Candace jumped. No one had ever asked about that part of the past. She wondered how much should she share. Then she decided, everyone involved had passed on, so who was she hurting. Who knows, maybe her story could help someone today.

Candace sighed, "I was so young the first time a man came into my room. He touched my, older sister and I didn't say a word. I pretended to sleep. When he was done, we hid under my bed, and stared at the walls the rest of the night. The next morning, I remember Momma being upset and daddy told her to shut up. She hugged us and told my sister that no one would ever bother her again as long as she lived." Candace sighed, "After that, the man moved away."

"The thing is, it's hard growing up a black girl. You see most little girls are the picture of pureness and innocence. No matter what, but in some places, little black girls aren't seen as children, but as sexual playthings. I spent most of my childhood trying not to draw attention to myself, then when I was around sixteen, Momma died.

My older sisters looked out for me, until they had no choice but to run. When I came of age, Daddy took an interest in me. Momma was gone, and my sisters weren't there anymore. He gave me a choice. Take care of his needs or get out of his house. I had just turned eighteen, so I took my younger sister and brothers and I left home with nothing but the tattered dress I wore." Candace stopped.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,291 Followers