Love's Triumph: Silver Linings

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Genie knew she glossed over a lot of things and she was ticked off. Humans were vile creatures at times. If it were possible to travel back in time, she'd destroy every person that hurt this wonderful woman.

Candace smiled, "It's not all sad. I moved up north. That's where I met Marsha. I was sleeping in the park under a bench when she found me and told me to move. The police was sweeping the park. I went with her. She liked me and let me stay in her small efficiency apartment with her. She then helped me find work and that's when I met my friends Stybo and Harry." At the mention of Harry's name, Candace smiled.

Harry Moss was the love of her life. They'd been married for over fifty years, and throughout the union, her master watched, and waited. He waited for the human to mistreat her, but Harry never did. By the end of his life, Master had a healthy respect for the other man.

Candace yawned, "Genie, I feel pretty good right now and I want to take a walk." She stated.

Genie smiled and accompanied her around her garden. As they walked, Candace smiled. Genie stopped, "Tell me." She implored.

"Harry Moss was a funny man. He and Stybo stuck together through everything. When I first met him, I decided that I didn't want on old man. So I flirted a lot. Harry came every night that I worked, and he and Stybo walked Marsh and me home. Marsha wasn't like me. She liked Stybo, and soon they married. Harry and I stayed friends. Eventually, the club let us go. Harry still came around." Candace sighed.

Candace smiled as she remembered the first time she saw Harry as the virile man she knew him to be. She was on a break from her shift at the office building she cleaned. He, Jim, and their supervisor Mr. Kent, were lugging pallets of material into the building. It was hot, and sweat poured for all three men, but she didn't really see the other two. Harry held her attention. He'd removed his work shirt and his grey t-shirt was drenched. Sweat ran down his face like a faucet.

Candace had seen him in the evening, well dressed, put together, but here, he was raw power. Candace stopped breathing. "Girl, Old Harry is one fine specimen, ain't he?" Marsha asked, joining her.

Candace jumped and tried to cover up the fact that the gentleman held her attention. "I didn't notice. It's hot as blazes out here."

"Sure is. I guess, you standing here with your mouth hanging open is because of the heat, too." Marsha stood and giggled, "Let's get a drink. We have to go back down."

The two left and soon their break ended. At the end of the day, the two stopped at the local eatery for a quick meal before heading to the club for the night shift. Candace wondered if Harry would be there. He stopped coming by every night and she wondered if he'd met someone.

"Candy, Stybo is coming to walk us home tonight. He's real sweet. I wonder would he be..." She stammered, and quickly looked away. After the three of them were accosted months earlier, Marsha made sure she walked home with them. Gus left her alone, and quite frankly Marsha was not that upset.

"Marsha, he likes you. At night, he sits at the bar, but he never takes his eyes off of you. I think you should get to know him." Candace suggested.

Marsha smiled, "Really. He watches me?" She queried.

"Yes, every night." Candace added, as they finished up their day. Marsha smiled, and Candace was so excited for her friend.

The women then walked to their next job. Changing into their uniforms, they reported to the back rooms.

"Candace, change of plans tonight. You're in the front." Their boss called out. Candace froze. This was not right.

"Look, we always stay in the back." She stated nervously.

Her boss shook his head. "A well paying customer wants you to serve him tonight, and I told him I'd make it happen."

Candace was nervous. She shared a look with Marsha. Marsha caught her arm and said, "Just do your job. It'll be alright."

So for the first time, in the history of the gentlemen's club, a dark female served in front. At first the other wait staff and patrons eyed her warily. Soon, everyone relaxed. Candace found herself serving Mr. Sylvester Dumont. Her heart raced. Although she would not admit it, she was so happy to see him. She was also aware that the entire front of the cub was silent. It was obvious that the patrons were not happy to see a darkie working amongst them.

"Don't worry about the others. Focus on me." He whispered. Sylvester smiled. He knew this would cause people to talk, but he needed to send a message. Candace was taken, and he did not want anyone here to think they had the right to ever harass her again. Her race did not matter.

Candace relaxed and simply did her job. Candace did, and soon her shift ended. Collecting a nice tip pool, she went in search of her friends. All of the other girls had questions. Candace told them of her experiences. Soon, she and Marsha were ready to walk home when two of the other waitresses cornered Candace.

"Look, I don't know what you did for him, but the front is our place. Stay in your place, Darkie." They hissed, then the two women stormed off. , One woman shoved Candace, knocking her down. As soon as they left, Harry helped her up.

"Candy, are you alright?" he asked.

Humiliated and angry, Candy lashed out. "No, I'm not. No thanks to you. You could have said something." She stormed off. Harry, Stybo, and Marsha followed. As they reached their apartment, the men bid them good night and Marsha turned on Candace. She was furious. Harry Moss was a decent man, but he was still a black man. Candace knew they killed black men for sport, how dare she verbally attack that wonderful man.

"They would be beaten and hanged, and you know it. He couldn't say nothing. If that white bitch said he looked at her, he's dead. You know it, Candace. What you did to Harry was wrong?" Marsha stated forcibly.

"He said nothing." Candace stated, trying not to cry. "He could have..."

"He could have what? He sat in the back, waiting as you served that white man. He watched as you smiled at him. You think that was easy for him. He cares about you candy. He cares. Don't lose sight of who and what you are. That guy, Sylvester, is who you should blame. He knows how things are here. He requested you, putting all of us at risk. You think they are going to let this go. We will end up paying for it." Marsha added, as she dressed for bed.

"I didn't cause this." Candace insisted. "I never told him to request me."

Candace was silent. Why did he request me.? He could have any one he wants.

"No one said you did." Marsha stated. "This ain't over, and I hope no one ends up buried because of it."

Soon, Candace and Marsha went to bed. As they lay, not sleeping, Harry and Stybo lay awake in their small room. This was bad. Every time one of them showed interest in a woman of color, she disappeared or was punished in some way. He had to protect Candace. She was so naïve, and trusting.

Stybo knew his friend. He was going to confront that man. "Harry, stay out of it. He can have you killed and no one would think anything of it."

"If it was Marsha, you'd stay quiet?" Harry asked.

Stybo stopped. "I'm going with you. When are you going to talk with him?"

"I'm going after work tomorrow. He works at Glasgow." Harry explained. Stybo nodded.

Meanwhile, Candace could not sleep. Sylvester Dumont fascinated her.

*****

"Candace, it's time for your medicine." A familiar voice called bringing her back from her memory.

"Oh, thanks. Genie, I wish..." Candace drifted off.

Genie checked her vitals. It wouldn't be long now. Her breathing was becoming even more labored. Candace took another nap.

Genie called her leader. Sylvester came, and once again watched her sleep. She was beautiful. To him she'd always be young, vibrant, and beautiful.

As Candace awoke a few hours later, Genie was bringing her dinner. She had her protein drink ready. Candace smiled, the vitamin packed elixir always gave her an energy boost. She ate quickly as Genie watched.

When she finished, Candace had a question. "Genie, why aren't you married?"

Genie blushed, "I haven't met anyone yet." She stammered.

Candace laughed, "You need to find friends your age. You spend too much time with old people."

Genie smiled, and replied. "I love you all, Candace. There isn't anyone else I'd rather spend time with."

Sylvester listened in, smiling. Soon, he'd give her a choice. Genie cleaned up the final dishes and helped Candace into bed. As soon as she slept, Sylvester slipped into her dreams.

Candace was nervous. Wearing a thin camisole, she sat near a beautifully decorated bed shaking. She sighed as she stared at the beautiful wedding band on her right hand. She was his wife. She would be the best wife she knew how.

Soon Harry entered the room, and he froze.

Candace stood. She feared that she did not please him. Harry dropped to his knees faced the heavens and thanked God for this gift of a wife. He prayed that he would keep her and protect her for as long as they had together. Candace moved and kneeled before her husband, and they both prayed for their marriage.

"Candace, I love you. I never ever thought, I'd be blessed with a wife. Yet alone a wife as wonderful as you." Harold whispered.

Candace cried, "Harold, I here. I'm yours. I need you to make me yours."

Harold carried her to the bed, kissing her. He worshiped her body, wanting to taste each and every inch of her lithe frame.

Sylvester grew jealous as he witnessed the love the two shared and the joining of their bodies for the first time. Harold was gentle, and careful. He made sure Candace never felt fear, or shame.

Sylvester wanted to be the one to love her the first time. He wanted to be the one to taste the sweetness of her lips, to absorb her soft cries of pleasure on his tongue. However, it was not his time. Soon, the dream faded into even more memories. Candace dreamt of the birth of their son, and Harry was a dedicated husband and father. Sylvester watched and waited. Soon, these memories would fade and he would offer Candace a chance for happiness for all eternity.

As she finally slept, Sylvester leaned forward and kissed her sweet lips she moaned a reached for him. He pulled away as she opened her eyes. Candace was a bit disoriented, as she made her way to the bathroom, then she eventually climbed back into bed.

"Harry, I miss you. Why did you leave me here?" She asked, as a lone tear escaped.

Sylvester stood frozen; he needed to let her go. She made her choice and it was not him. She needed to be with her husband. A stronger man would accept that fate, but he'd waited fifty years, denied the pleasure of the other half of his soul for fifty years. It was their time now.

*****

"Sire, do you have need of me?" Genie asked.

He was worried and she could sense his despair.

"Genevieve, am I cruel? Am I so callous that I have failed to care for those under my charge? Am I an insensitive clod?" Sylvester exhaled.

Genie paused. He had not used her given name in centuries. She knew he was in a serious way.

"Sire, you are the most generous, the most compassionate of our kind." Genie replied.

He looked at this beautiful girl two centuries ago, she was tied to a stake, slated to be burned. He slaughtered her accusers. Yet he realized that Candace was correct. Genie should have true love.

"Genie, stay with her for me, but when this ends, I free you. You must go out and find your other half. It is unfair of me to expect you to give up your life for me. I appreciate all you have done, but you have to live your life too." Sylvester explained.

Genie was silent. "Sire, thank you. I was hoping to search for him one day. But first, I must care for Ms. Candace. She is yours, but she means so much more to me. She is the most fascinating woman I've ever met."

Sylvester smiled, "Thank you, Genevieve."

The night was long, as Candace struggled to breathe. Soon, morning dawned and Candace was ready to go. She knew that at this time, she was ready.

Genie arrived, bright, cheery, but as she entered, she felt a shadow cover her. She rushed to Candace who lay awake, smiling.

"Genie, you asked about Earl. I must tell you. Earl Philbin tried to take Harry from me. He was a hateful sadistic bastard. Harry and I had only one child because of hm. After Jr. was born, Harry could not make another child. Earl took the gift of children from my husband." Candace stopped talking. Genie was shocked. She recalled that time. Master was furious. He became so dark, so deadly. She knew some human crossed a line.

Candace was too still too quiet. "Miss Candace, are you ok?" Genie asked.

Candace blinked. She had to release these secrets. Release the demons that plagued her.

"We'd been married for a number of years. Times were hard. Jobs were few and hard to find. Even the whites were starving. Earl Philbin had a small company and he was an awful person to work for." Candace exhaled. Genie's heart raced, for she suspected that she would not like what she was about to hear.

"Earl propositioned the men. As much as they hated it, they agreed to share their wives, but not my Harry. Harry quit working for him. He did yard work, collecting bottles, anything he could to provide for the three of us. One night, Earl and his henchmen cornered him and..." She stopped. Tears tracked down her cheeks as she recalled how severely her husband was beaten.

"Anyway, they tried to kill him.. We searched all night and Stybo and some of the guys found him. They wouldn't let him in the hospital, so they brought him home. Doc. Smith came by. He said, it was his charitable donation. I believe he was sent. Anyway, he removed his male parts, leaving him sterile. Earl came by after a few days. He gloated and then he said, "All I wanted was one night with your woman. Look what refusing cost you."

"I wanted him to suffer. My hatred of that man grew. I have never wished ill-will toward another human being except him. I prayed that he would suffer. Soon after, Earl fell ill. I know it was because I cursed him. You see, whenever someone wronged me, they always suffered. He hurt me more than anyone in my past. I wanted him gone. As I wished, he went away. After that day, Earl Philbin stayed away from us, but eventually he ended up gutted. His bloated body was found floating in a creek. I did not shed one tear. His death was just desserts for me." Candace frowned. "I may never see my Harry again, because I'm not going to make it to heaven. Hate is a deadly sin, and that seed has existed deep in my heart all of these years."

Genie was stunned. She understood Candace's anger; a part of her hated Earl also. She knew that no God would hold this woman's pain against her.

Candace stood. "I want to see the garden. Genie, will you walk with me? This will be my last time."

Sire, she's giving up. You must come now. Genie sent.

I'm here. Lead her to the roses. Sylvester sent. Genie and Candace walked. Candace saw the roses and smiled.

Candace sat on a small stone bench. Sylvester was done waiting. He had to come to her now. "Ms. Candace, I'll be back." Genie whispered as her sire ordered her to leave.

He appeared. "Candace, hello."

Candace gasped. Last night she dreamed of him. Could she still be dreaming?

"I'm here, take my hands." He ordered.

Sitting beside her, he held her fragile hands gently in his. Her hands were gnarled and scarred, evidence of the hard life that she'd had.

"Candace, years ago, I came to you and you chose another. I stayed away, until you needed me. Now I am back and I ask that you don't send me away." Sylvester whispered.

"You haven't aged. You look the same as you did years ago." Candace whispered stunned. She reached up, and cupped his cheek.

Sylvester smile, "I have, but I age slower than humans. I have lived many centuries and I have waited almost sixty years for you."

Candace gasped. "That makes no sense. Everyone grows older. Sylvester, I'm glad you came. I thought everyone had left me." She stared off into nothingness.

Sylvester waited. He knew she was reliving a memory, but it was time to let go of the past. She was at the end of her human life cycle, and now time to be transformed and join him for all eternity.

"I knew you were different. I knew there was something about you." Candace whispered. Sylvester smiled.

"I loved Harry. He was my heart." Candace whispered. "I want to see him again."

Sylvester sighed, "I know that's why I let him live. Harry Moss was a decent man. He has had his lifetime with you, now my love it is our turn. Candace, let me change you; join me." He offered.

"But Harry?" Candace asked.

"Harry is at peace. You are still here. Let me show you the happiness you truly deserve." Sylvester whispered.

Candace almost nodded then she remembered. He was still young, handsome, and virile. She now was an old woman.

"Sylvester, what would people think? I'm too old now. I've lived my life. You still look young. Please go and find someone new. You know, Genie. She is a lovely girl. She would be perfect for you." She whispered.

Sylvester laughed, "Genevieve is wonderful. She has always been that way. That is why I assigned her to protect you."

"Protect me?" Candace gasped. "You mean, she's like you?" She asked, stunned.

Sylvester smiled and stroked her weathered cheek, "You are my heart, Candace. For nearly sixty years, I have waited. I stood back and allowed you to have a life with Harry. It hurt, but it was what you asked of me. I will give anything to assure your happiness. Now, it's our turn. Join me, and we can have eternity together." He extended his hand. Candace took his hand. Leaning forward, he asked once again. "Will you join me?"

Candace paused, she recalled all of the times in the past where things always worked out. Things that crushed many, she and Harry stood together and strong. When people came against them, eventually they faded into nothingness. She gasped as she soon realized that she always had angels surrounding her. "Are you an angel?" She asked.

Sylvester smiled, "Yes, as is Genevieve, and many others under my tutelage. I broke an important rule though. I met the one, and I should have let you go, but I couldn't spend my life without you in it. Now, love, join me and we will never be alone again."

Candace sighed "What happens if I agree?" She asked

Sylvester answered, "You will be changed. You will become an earth angel, and stay by my side for as long as we walk this plane. You too, will become a guardian of mankind."

"You said Genie is like you. Are you involved with her?" She asked. She offered he'd admit to being involved with the beautiful woman and Candace did not know how she'd react to that.

"Candace, there is only one woman for me. All others pale in comparison. You have no need to ever wonder on that score." He assured her. Candace let out a breath she was holding.

Sylvester smiled. Leaning forward, he whispered, "Close your eyes, relax." He kissed her and then drained her of her life force. Her soul met his and the two danced a dance of pure happiness. This moment was sweet nectar to his soul. Soon, her heart slowed, and he held her as her breathing slowed and eventually stopped. Knowing there was only one way to bring her back, Sylvester bit his lip, causing it to bleed. He kissed her transferring his powerful blood to her lifeless frame. "Drink, my love." He whispered, his desire for her so close he shook with anticipation.

Candace began to suckle. She felt alive. Her pains stopped. Her limbs grew stronger. She gasped. Then she slept. Genie returned. Sylvester ordered. "Call her son. Tell him she has passed away. In four days. She will awaken and join me. I will wait for her near the tombs."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers