Loving My Best Friend's Dad Ch. 05

Story Info
Erin goes home but do things work out with Kyle or not?
4.4k words
4.67
28k
27

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/29/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning I woke up with my head on Zachary's chest. It took me a moment to gather my surroundings before last night came rushing back to me like a ton of bricks. I felt my face warm with embarrassment and cowered into Zachary's chest. He started to stir, I moved back to look up at him.

"Morning Erin," he groaned, lifting his arms to stretch out. I replied with a good morning in return. He turned into his side to face me and asked, "how'd you sleep? Are you feeling okay?"

"I slept good, surprisingly, considering what happened. I'm not sure how I feel," I told him. I racked my brain for ways to express how I felt but it was a jumbled mess.

Zachary got up and grabbed his phone. His eye brows raised and he glanced over at me. I looked back at him, wondering what was on his phone. He saw me staring at him and tossed me his cell. I picked it up and browsed through his text messages. Many from Ashley wondering where I am and why I am not replying to her, and to call her. A few from Cole asking what was going on because Ashley was driving him crazy. As I was reading two more texts popped up from Ashley demanding he call her. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, I didn't want to deal with anyone right now.

"That's just the text messages. You should see how many voice mails she left too. You might want to check your phone. I'll bet it's worse than mine," he took back his phone and started to delete the spam Ashley left him.

"I don't know what to do. I mean, I can't say to her 'hey I'm dating your dad and it's me that is upset and not Zachary' oh and you'd think that she'd leave us alone given she wants us together. We could have been having sex and she ruined it!" I ranted. Zachary began laughing and shaking his head at me.

"I don't know what to tell you. You can't say we did anything since Cole knows about me. Just say I wanted to talk to you and because we talked so late, you stayed over," he shrugged.

I turned on my phone, immediately it started buzzing with multiple notifications. I had missed calls, voice mail, texts, and even Facebook messages. I glanced over everything from Ashley, she pretty much wanted to know where I was. When I thought about it, I never really left anywhere without telling people where I was. I should call her in a few minutes.

I continued through my phone, many calls and voice mails from Ashley's dad, Kyle. Every single one pretty much said a variation of the same thing. He asked me to call him, he was worried because I never came home and that we needed to talk. The last part made my heart felt like it was getting squeezed, causing my chest to hurt.

I hit speed dial for Ashley, it rang once and her voice boomed over the speaker.

"Erin! What the hell? We have been calling and texting you all night," she sounded concerned and irritated.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up with Zachary and decided to just sleep at his place since it was so late," I sort of lied. Technically I did get caught up with him and decided to stay with him but the lie is the reason behind it all. I closed my eyes in shame. I never really lied to Ashley until this whole thing started. It felt horrible but at the same time I felt it was necessary.

"Wait, so you stayed with Zachary? Like, at his place? In his bed?" she started to sound excited.

"Yes and no. I slept here and in his bed, yes. But no, it is nothing anywhere near what you are imagining. We are NOT together," I emphasized the not part. She needed to get it through her head that it was never going to happen.

"Oh...well... that sucks," she replied. I could tell she was now bummed that nothing occurred. It got quiet for a second as I heard talking in the background on her end. I listened as she told the person she would tell me. "Dad said he is happy you're safe. We both have been worried. Are you coming home soon?"

I wasn't sure if I was. I glanced at the clock and was surprised it was noon. Wow, Zachary and I really slept in. I looked over toward the kitchen section of Zachary's studio and he was busy making breakfast.

"I'll come home in a little bit. I am going to grab a bite with Zachary first," I answered.

"How is he?! I completely forgot to ask." she said.

"He is fine. He just needed to talk to me about something. Nothing major. Just chit chat," I semi-lied again.

"Good. Well, I guess we will see you when you get home," she said good bye and hung up.

I put down the phone just in time for Zachary to hand me a plate with scrambled eggs and toast on it. He said he wasn't a chef but figured it was better than nothing. We ate and talked about what I was going to do. In the end, I was still unsure of what was going to happen. I couldn't imagine Kyle staying with me. If you think about it... how many men older than 40 are still taking girls virginities? The number zero kept flashing in my head like a huge neon sign.

After breakfast I decided to pull up my big girl panties and head home with Zachary's support. He said to call him when I could to let him know what happens. I nodded that I would and headed out to my Jeep. On the way home I gave myself a few "you'll be fine" talks with the hopes of convincing myself that Kyle and I would talk and everything would be okay. It didn't work. I just stressed more as I wondered how we would live together if he broke up with me. That would be weird right? I'd probably either find a way to move into dorms or go back home before I even started school. I imagined my mother's worried and disappointed face if I went home. I don't think I could manage that.

I reached home and parked in my spot in the garage. When I walked inside everything was quiet. It felt eerie. I made my way through the kitchen and living room. No one was around. I checked the back yard and found Ashley tanning. I went to open the door but was stopped by someone saying my name. I turned around and saw Kyle standing behind me. He stood in jeans and a t-shirt with his arms crossed. His facial expression remained neutral, giving nothing away about how he felt or anything. I felt like I was locked in place and unable to move. "We need to talk."

Kyle started toward me. He was almost close when I finally got enough courage to hold my hand up, causing him to stop. I opened the back door and headed outside, leaving him behind just staring at me. I decided I didn't need to be told it was over. I already knew and didn't need to hear it. Maybe it was good that he knew I was a virgin now. This way we did not develop serious feelings for one another. I wasn't in love or anything with him, but my heart still silently broke into pieces inside. I took a deep breath in and put on a smile before I got to Ashley.

Ashley saw me walking up and waved me over, "there you are!"

"Here I am! Home safe and sound," I took the seat next to her.

"Next time you need to text someone and say you're staying somewhere. I think dad worried more than me but then again I wouldn't want to have to report to your mom that we lost you in the great city of LA," she laughed and mimicked my mom freaking out. I laughed along, it was true, my mom was over protective. I still called her once or twice a day when I had a moment. However, I doubt that was the reason her dad worried. Everything was a mess now.

"I will report anytime I stay out late now," I promised her. She seemed happy with that and settled back into her seat to tan and relax.

I sat with her for a few minutes and went back inside. I wanted to shower and hide away in my room. I needed to call Zachary too and let him know what happened. I worried that I would walk into the kitchen and find Kyle but he wasn't there. I made my way to my room without seeing him. When I reached my room I heard taping of a keyboard from his office down the hall.

I showered, changed, and laid in my bed texting Zachary. I told him what happened and he said I should have talked to Kyle instead of stopping it. That for all I knew it was to discuss the situation and maybe fix it. I thought about it, no, I doubt that he would have wanted to work it out. His face was blank and to me that was a sign of blocking me out. This was for the best. He needed someone who was not a young college virgin, but a grown woman.

I spent the rest of the day in my room, cleaning and organizing. I hooked my headphones up to my phone and blasted music to distract myself from thoughts of Kyle. I deep cleaned until bed time, only taking a break long enough to grab a quick bite for dinner. Exhausted from everything I quickly knocked out when I laid on the bed to rest.

--Weeks later--

So much time had passed since that evening and now I am waking up early to get to campus for classes on time.

I spent the last few weeks soaking up the sun, exploring LA, and avoiding Mr. Anderson. I should mention that I've reverted to calling him by his formal name. Avoiding home was surprisingly easy since he picked up the number of hours he works and I made sure I stayed busy. Now, that doesn't mean we never saw each other. When we did, one of us would try to keep it casual for Ashley or I would walk out of the room when he tried to talk to me. I failed to see why he would still want to talk to me. I imagined our conversations with him apologizing for not wanting to be with me or him saying we needed to get along since we lived together. Neither conversation was necessary.

Zachary still told me that I should talk to Mr. Anderson and try listen to what he had to say, even if it was about not being together. I ignored him.

Classes, homework, and a limited social life stared in my life right now. I am enrolled in four classes and they all kept me mentally and physically running. I spent more time on a computer then I ever did in high school. Homework consisted of constant papers. I was doing at least three papers at a time.

Thankfully Thursday's were my slow day. I only had one class and it was early in the morning. I rose early to make it to campus before class with enough time to grab a coffee. Class flew by and I decided to go home since Ashley had classes all day and Mr. Anderson was at work. I could have the place to myself for a few hours.

I got home, tossed my shoes off at the door and headed for the kitchen. My stomach grumbled, lunch was closing in. I searched the cabinets and fridge for food, finally settling on a small pizza for one. I set my phone up to play music while I got the oven warming up and placed the pizza inside. I hit the timer when a pop song I love to dance to came on. I began lip syncing and dancing my way around the kitchen. My shook and rolled my hips to the beat with my arms swaying along. My closed my eyes as I moved, really getting into the song.

The timer went off, I opened my eyes and found myself staring at an entertained and amused man. I quickly ran to the oven and pulled my food out, slapping the timer to make it stop on the way. Once the pizza was cooling on the stove, I turned to face the man watching me.

"I never thought I'd get to see you dance again. You're really good," he said with a wink.

"Thank you. Not that you'll ever get to see that again. I'll just take my food and go to my room," I told him without emotion.

"Come on, Erin!" He spoke a little loud, "don't you think we need to talk at some point. You have basically avoided me this far. Are you really going to do this for the next four years?"

"Talk about what? What is there to talk about? You don't want to be with me. I don't blame you," I replied. I grabbed a pizza cutter from a drawer and began to cut my food into slices. I wanted to get my food and get out.

"I never said that I didn't want to be with you. We never talked about that night. You just ran off," he was standing next to me now. I closed my eyes to try and imagine him not there. It didn't work, I could smell his deodorant.

"I didn't need you to tell me it was over. When Ashley told you what I was, I just knew you wouldn't want to be with me. Why would you? You're a grown man, Mr. Anderson. You don't want a young girl who has never had sex," I said quietly, my head down and eyes remaining closed. It was silent between us now. I picked my food up and began to turn to go to my room when I felt him take the plate from me. It took me a moment to realize what he did since he moved so quick. He took my plate from me and now had both hands on the counter behind me and his arms holding me in place. I was essentially trapped. I looked at him, his dark brown eyes focused in on me.

"I think maybe you should let me decide how I feel. If you had just let me talk to you before, we could have avoided you jumping to conclusions. We could have discussed this like adults. I had forgotten how young you were until that day when you ran away from the problem. Now I'm not saying you're a child. Stop giving me that look," I was glaring at him since I felt like he called me a child and immature. I didn't stop glaring but waited for him to continue.

He continued, "I never stopped wanting you, Erin. I don't care that you are a virgin. I don't need someone who has had sex. I want someone who wants me in return and someone who makes me feel alive. That person is you. I do wonder why you never told me, but in the end it doesn't make a huge difference in how I feel about you."

My heart felt like jumping when he finished talking. He wanted me. Hell, this means Zachary was right, I should have let him talk to me and not push him away. I smiled but felt stupid for assuming he didn't want me. He kept looking at me, waiting for a response. I didn't know what to say.

"It never came up," I stated.

"What?" He asked, giving me a confused look.

"Me being a virgin, it never came up," I explained.

"After everything I just said, you can only reply with that," he laughed. I shrugged, what else was I to say?

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions. You sure you still want me? I wouldn't blame you if you did," I said. I looked up at him. I really wouldn't have blamed him for wanting someone else if he did.

"I want you, Erin. Only you," he leaned down and lightly kissed me, as if I'd shove him away. I rose on my toes to kiss him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me, wanting him closer. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me to him.

We kissed for what seemed like forever but was only a few minutes. He pulled away and looked down at me. I reached up to touch his face. his beard scratching my palm as he leaned his face against my hand.

"You should probably eat your food before it gets cold," he told me indicating to my food that I completely forgotten about.

"Oh crap!" I turned around and grabbed my food, checking to see if it was still warm. It was. I picked up the plate and moved to sit at the island. Kyle stood across from me in silence as I ate.

I hugged Kyle tightly and rested my head on his chest after I had finished eating and cleaning. He stroked my hair with one hand and rubbed my back with the other.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"What for?" Kyle asked confused.

"For not letting you talk to me a few weeks ago, I should have. I was afraid of getting hurt," I explained.

"It's okay," he told me, "we talked now. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I replied.

"Do you want to do something together?" he asked, leaning back to look down at me.

"Uh... I do, but I have a ton of homework to do and need to get a head start on it," I frowned. I really wanted to spend time together and catch up but school was going to kick my butt if I didn't get these papers done.

"That's fine. I have a lot of work to do. I stayed home hoping to catch you and haven't paid much attention to it," he said, "but maybe you could do your homework in my office with me?"

I stared at him surprised, I wasn't expecting him to say that. I remembered what Ashley said about his office being a chaotic mess. I didn't know if I wanted to see it. I prefer organized space. In the end, I decided to say yes.

We held hands as we walked upstairs. We stopped long enough for me to grab my laptop and books from my room before heading further down the hall. When Kyle opened his office door, I held my breath, not sure what chaotic mess I would see.

I stood next to a small table tucked into the corner of the office. The surface, other than the floor, was the only clear space in the room. Kyle had a big office desk littered with papers, books, and office supplies. There were two bookshelves behind him, loaded with computer books and parts. He had both a desktop computer with 3 screens and a laptop open. I was in awe that someone could work without the distraction of the messy room. I must have looked a little worried because Kyle came up next me and asked me if I was okay. I nodded.

He explained the cleared table I had my stuff on used to be for Ashley, as a little girl, when she visited she would use it to color or play games. He always kept it clean for her and now for me if I choose to use it.

I thanked him with a kiss and began to set up the table with my stuff. I moved it a bit so I could be able to look over at him from time to time and not a wall. Kyle said he didn't mind and to do what I needed to be comfortable. For the next couple hours I managed to get a paper written and some research for another paper completed. Kyle kept busy on his computer and had multiple screens open for work and communication with his employees. We would stop and smile at each other every now and then. It was relaxing in a way.

I finally got to the point where I needed a break. I got up and moved across the room to Kyle. I waited for him to finish what he was doing before leaning over him and his chair to kiss him. He gently pulled onto my hips so that I moved closer to him and onto his lap in a straddle position. I was grateful my jeans were stretch and didn't restrict me from trying to get somewhat comfortable.

We kissed and made out in his office chair, forgetting the world around us. Kyle kissed his way to my neck and nipped at it. His small bites and beard caused goosebumps to scatter across my arms and legs. I moaned quietly without expecting it and held my breath when I realized what I did. I wondered if Kyle noticed and was sure he did when he moved to the other side of my neck and repeated, I tried to hold back how turned on I was but another moan escaped. I felt his hand slip under my shirt and his cool hands grazing against my warm skin. I body reacted with a small shiver. I placed my hands on the sides of his face, bringing his lips from my neck to mine. I felt him laugh quietly. I kissed him deeply, feeling a sense of want and need build up in me. I ran my hands through his hair and held him to me as close as we could get. I realized then I really wanted him and in a way I haven't had a chance to experience. Was I ready? As the thoughts ran through my mind, Kyle's hands roamed from my sides under my shirt down to my butt. He gripped my butt and pulled my lower half closer to him. I felt him there and my brain went a little haywire. I pressed my lower half down onto him lightly, wondering if I'd get a reaction. Kyle smiled against my lips as he kissed me hard but then backed up.

"Erin," he sounded out of breath, leaning his forehead against mine. "We do not have to do anything you don't want to do. I am willing to wait. However, if we keep making out like this, I don't think I'll want to wait much longer."

I thought about what he said and nodded my understanding. He waited for a verbal answer for what I wanted to do. I really didn't want to lose it in his office. I glanced at the clock, Ashley would be home soon anyway, this would not be a good time.

"I do want to. I want to do this with you. But...not here. And sadly, not now, Ashley will be getting home soon," I told him, hoping I wasn't disappointing him. Kyle glanced at the clock and sighed.

12