Loving Silver Eyes Ch. 01

Story Info
Love can never be simple.
4.4k words
4.53
43.4k
44

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the first chapter of the story. We've worked on it for weeks!! We being me and my editor. I want to thank my editor for his support. Without him I'd be soo soo lost!!! As usual, votes, rates and comments are welcome!!! And I would like to apologise to the readers about the place. I am really sorry if you find something wrong with the place around which I have created this story. I have added bits of my imagination and I hope you like it...

Marie

* * *

Prologue

In the empty silence of the highway, the only things that could be heard were frantic breathing and hurrying footsteps. She had to do this. She had to save it. She'd never let then harm her child, her precious child.

She ran faster, wanting to put distance between her and her pursuers, wanting to make sure that they never knew where her baby was.

Finally, she got to her destination. It was a small orphanage but it would give her child all the protection it'd require to grow up and become the beautiful person she'd dream about, ever since she found out she was pregnant. She had led a happy life, but then something went horribly wrong.

Stopping to listen if anyone was still following her, she smiled at the little thing in her arms. It was fast asleep. She didn't know if she'd make it to see her baby again but at least she made sure she'd taken it away from all the dangers. She kissed the angel face for the last time. She put a gift in an envelop along with a note for the owner of the place. That gift would help her baby when it needed help. That gift would give her baby comfort when she would no longer be around.

With that, she rung the door bell a couple of times and left her baby at the doorstep.

She was crouched among the bushes, her tears streaming down her face, waiting to make sure that her baby was safely inside.

She ran away into the night, backtracking to where her trail would lead her away from the orphanage. No longer hoping to survive, she just wanted to direct them as far away as she could from her child.

Somewhere in the night the silence was ripped apart by the dying screams of a young mother and at the same time, safe in a crib by the warmth of the fireplace, a newborn Mayira started crying.

* * *

The cab driver hit the brakes and the car horn at the same time. These New York roads definitely weren't for me. Was the 3 months I spent in Astoria, Oregon, enough to make me forget the traffic and rush in NY? Some jerk in front braked suddenly jolting me out of my thoughts. "What the...!" I thought out loud as I stared at the dusty Lexus in front of us.

I am Mayira White. I now go to University of Astoria and that place had just gotten interesting...not that I had any part in it. I understand if you think my choice of college isn't very good but I had to move to Astoria because mom wanted to go to Canada. She was leading a group of researchers and technicians to their branch in Abbotsford, British Colombia. She would be there for at least a year and mom didn't want to leave me alone in NY, so instead of tagging along with my mom (which was the only other option I had) I decided to move in with granny and join college there. My friends thought living in New York, where I used to live, was fun but I couldn't disagree any more. With dad gone and mom usually busy with her meetings, I really didn't have anyone there.

Dad passed away 3 years ago and ever since mom was the only person in my life apart from Lizzy, my best friend. I promised Lizzy I'd visit at least once a month and this was me keeping my promise.

Yes, New York was fun if you were the kind of girl who loved shopping and partying. I definitely am not any of those. I didn't mind accompanying Lizzy to parties but I never actually felt like participating. Mom was always ahead in those departments, so I guessed I got those characteristics from dad. He was the silent type, who always preferred reading rather than going to movies and taking naps rather than dancing. I never can stop myself from smiling when I think about dad. Yes, mom was always the fun one and the successful one but dad was the one with insight. The one who always solved my problems...whether it was regarding Mathematics or the issues I had regarding my friends. Mom definitely pampered me and took me shopping but dad was always the one that understood the fact that I hated shopping and came up with excuses for me. It was not like I had any serious problems but the thing I hated was when she made me buy summer dresses and stuff. Why wouldn't she leave me alone with my jeans?

But I was glad that at least granny was like him. She understood me just like dad had.

The stream of thoughts came back to the main subject, the newest addition to my life. Well, my dreams actually. Ayden Castellan and Annabell Castellan had joined Astoria not too long ago. They were siblings, Annabell was a year ahead of me and of course Ayden was the same year as me. Ayden was the cause of my daydreaming, doing things I never imagined I would. These two were near to the most beautiful people I'd ever seen. Both had jet black hair and their facial features were perfect. There was not a single flaw I could point out from their high cheek bones to their perfectly angular noses and faultlessly shaped chins. Even their skin was without a single blemish.

I figured Annabell was the quiet one, who always kept to herself. She had no friends and it didn't seem like she wanted to try to make any. Ayden was quiet too but in the past 2 weeks, I'd found him stealing glances towards me more than once. I never saw them during lunch and it was always during classes that I saw him stare at me. He wouldn't even look away when I caught him staring.

I remember well my first encounter with him. It was during our Chemistry tutoring class. I had problems with Chemistry and I knew this day would come. I studied Environmental Science by my own choice and I knew the only problem I'd have would be Chemistry. I'd joined a study group to get a little help. I'd heard that a fellow student was to tutor us but I had no idea who it'd be. I had just settled with my books when he entered with all the glory I could imagine. His eyes caught mine suddenly. They looked like dark clouds... extremely unique and beautiful and I had a feeling he could look right into my soul. He held my gaze for some 3 seconds and I was already getting nervous. And then he moved to sit on a chair directly in front of me, with an amused expression in his face, like he saw something for the first time...

"Hello everyone!" his voice... it was so beautiful! It was deep and yet smooth... I could see that this tutoring class wasn't going to be any easier.

"As we all know," he continued. "We are here to discuss our Chemistry difficulties. I am Ayden Castellan and I am going to tutor you for this whole year. I hope you find my ways of teaching to your liking and I hope it helps you with your problems."

We all introduced ourselves to him and the classes began.

The whole hour and a half, I tried my best not to meet his gaze and concentrate on what he was explaining. Even after that, every time our eyes met, whether it was at class or at the tutoring room, I felt like he was searching my mind and I would turn away blushing like crazy. What was wrong with me? I repeated to myself I don't blush. Well, I was used to people staring at me, mostly because they were looking at my face and my body, but he always seemed to be looking deep into my soul and not at my superficial features. And every time I turned away, I could almost feel his eyes boring a hole in my back. What is with this guy? I wanted to confront him, but every time I thought about it my courage left me.

There was almost nothing I missed about NY. I loved the quietness of Astoria and I definitely didn't miss the sun. I think I have some kind of conflict with the sun. Maybe it was because I'd get highly allergic if I stayed out too long. It caused itchy and flaming rashes on my skin. No matter how much medications I took, they never ceased. I didn't even want to think about it. That is why my car had tinted windows and why I chose gloomy Astoria to anywhere else in the world. With 250 days of clouds, I'd never have to feel like that...

The only thing I missed about NY was the way I could ignore everything around. I had this cocoon for myself where I was always comfortable. I never blushed because I never met anyone who'd gaze right into me. Lizzy would usually pick on me, telling me how Joshua, the "cool' guy of school looked at me and every time I'd tell her to buzz off. So what if he looked at me? I knew I was no disaster. I had waist-long straight hair and Lizzy always told me how my hair had a rich-brown colour, how even if my skin was almost anemic, it made me look good and of course how everyone I knew envied the colour of my eyes. Thanks to dad, I had green eyes and everyone said the green of my eyes were different from others. I really didn't care. I wasn't the type of girl who'd use her looks just to get a horde of guys behind me. I just wasn't into that sort of thing. Maybe that's why I could ignore everything in NY.

But I wasn't going to tell Lizzy about Ayden. I didn't need any reason for her to pick on me.

I stood at her door waiting for her to answer it. I couldn't stand it, wearing a hood and dark glasses during summer. Every passing eye was staring at me.... Then suddenly the familiar cheerful voice greeted me.

"Oh god May, I'm so sorry for making you wait. I know I was supposed to see you at the airport but mom had her fancy guests and she wouldn't let me go. I tried calling you but I couldn't get through. What's wrong with your phone?"

I smiled at the doe-eyed brunette and reached for my phone.

"Darn my battery's gone." I replied, silently cursing myself for not charging my phone. "Can I come in now? I can't stand any of this anymore. I'm boiling."

Lizzy laughed at my complaint. She knew I hated summer. And also, she was in this special mission of making her best girlfriend look like a girl.

"So what's new in NY?" I asked after I'd taken my hood off. That felt a lot better.

"Nothing much... same old same old. Mark wanted to go camping this weekend. I'd already made plans with you and he is whining about it. But I meet him every day and you live so far away that I couldn't stand not seeing you"

I smiled. I hated to see her torn between friendship and love but I loved the attention, there were very few wanted places from where I got such attention. Lizzy was spoiled. Both her dad and mom were successful business people and they were always trying to give me expensive gifts but Lizzy knew I didn't like it so she never forced me with anything...anything but shopping and I was already starting to dread about tomorrow.

She handed me the phone as I slumped down the sofa. Darn the six-hour flight... couldn't NY be any closer? Now, I'd have to miss two days of class every month in order to be with her but it sure was worth it. I dialed my mother's number dreading the conversation ahead.

* * *

I flopped onto my bed exhausted- again. These flights were sure going to kill me and the additional 3 pounds of clothes Lizzy forced me to buy just added to it. At least she let me buy my usual clothes but the bag contained other stuff too... ones I was sure I'd never wear.

"How was the trip, dear?" I sighed at the question.

"Exhausting granny. I don't think I will be able to keep on with these kinds of trips. I love Lizzy but I don't think I can handle the long flights."

She sat down beside me and I moved my head to her lap.

"I understand you May. I had to make the same trip when your dad wanted me to come for Christmas. Maybe you should ask her to visit sometimes. I'm sure that would make things a lot easier."

Hmmm...that could work.

I don't know when I fell asleep but I knew I was dreaming. I could see his almost silver eyes staring at me and questioning me. If only I could understand what they were asking me, if only I could answer them. I could feel his hands reaching for me, touching me. His touches were electrifying. I could feel the hairs on my arms stand up. I could feel my heartbeat getting faster in time with my breath. His fingers slowly trailed across my cheeks to my lips. I realized I'd stopped breathing and woke up with a start.

What the hell was that? Since when did I start having such dreams, specially about a guy I've never spoken to? So what if he was irresistibly beautiful? I could feel my cheeks getting hot and the apex between my thighs getting wet.

I looked at the clock hanging from the wall in front of me. It was late afternoon so I went off for a shower. I couldn't face granny feeling like this.

Class was hellish the next day. It was sunny to start with and unconsciously a part of me was yearning to see him but he was nowhere to be found. I sat at lunch with my desk mate Amy and her boy friend George. They were chattering away about something and I had no interest. I didn't even have an appetite.

By the time the classes were over, it had gotten overcast again and was also raining. So I adjusted the hood of my jacket and started towards my car. I was concentrating on not getting my books wet when I ran into something that seemed like a concrete wall. I looked up only to stare into the same mystifying silver-grey eyes which held a look of relief and worry at the same time. But like every time I was around him, I became a klutzy mess all of a sudden. I didn't even realize I'd dropped my books and continued staring at him, my mind blank.

"I'm so sorry!" the beautiful voice apologized. I blinked once and again to focus on what he was saying. By the time I realized, he had the amused look on his face again.

"Uh- um.. It's ok..." I stuttered feeling like an idiot. I bent for my stuff and started walking away when his voice interrupted again.

"Wouldn't you like to listen to the rest of my apology?"

I squeezed my eyes shut. Could someone sound so beautiful too? This was unfair. How can someone have such good looks and such good voice at the same time?

Taking a deep breath, I turned around.

"Really it's no big deal. I wasn't watching where I was going..."

He covered the distance in between us and held out his hand.

"I know I tutor you but we haven't had time to personally introduce each other. By the way I am Ayden Castellan. And you?"

"I know. I'm Mayira White." My hands were shaking as I extended them and I was cursing myself again. As our hands touched, I felt the shock... the familiar shock . The one I felt in my dreams. His hands were cold, freezing actually, but I blamed the weather for that. But the shock left me speechless. I could feel the blood rising to my ears again so I jerked my hands back.

"Nice to meet you." He said, his voice sounding amused. What is with this guy, I thought as I gave a shaky smile and rushed towards my car.

The dreams started as soon as I closed my eyes. I could swear whatever I was seeing, it felt like I was actually feeling it. The goose bumps, the acceleration of my heart, the sweet feeling of moisture seeping between me as his hands travelled further than the last time, as his lips ravished me inside out...

* * *

"What's up with Ayden and Annabell Castellan?" I asked Amy at lunch.

"I don't know much but my mom said they moved back after a long time. Their family used to live in that huge house by the beach. It used to belong to their great-grandfather or something. Their grandfather moved to another city when he was young so I don't think he was born here. Do you notice how he gives you those looks? He never really talks to anyone but only stares at you..." she said all of those in a single breath but I lost concentration right after the part where she started about me because I could feel the same sensation of his eyes on my back.

I spun around and there he was looking so beautiful and staring at me as usual. He always made me forget how to breathe and I only realized that after my system almost ran out of oxygen. As our eyes played a battle, I saw his expression change. At first it was simple with not much feeling but within seconds, I saw the color of his eyes darken. It was something akin to hunger. He looked just like in my dreams and those dreams played through my head like a movie. His expression intensified. I could see his fists clenching like he couldn't withstand something.

I was startled by Amy's voice.

"May... Earth to May!! Don't tell me you're going to return his stares! He's freaking me out..."

"I'm okay. I was just checking if he'd quit." I mumbled hiding my embarrassment. It was a good thing people couldn't read thoughts. I wish I had known better.

* * *

I loved cooking. Back in NY, I barely cooked. It was always dad and sometimes mom who did all the work so now, I had all the chances I wanted to cook. I always helped granny around the house. The house was fairly big for two people so this weekend we'd planned to clean around. As a result, granny had a backache and I was happy making a late lunch for both of us when the phone rang.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

I nearly dropped the phone. The fact that we spent practically everyday in the same room didn't matter when he was talking to me.

"Yes?" I asked trying to cover the nervousness in my voice.

"It's me, Ayden. How are you handling your assignments?"

"Umm... it's going pretty well..." I lied. They were killing me actually. "How'd you get my number anyways?"

"Umm... I got a sneak peek at your records at school... having a friend around offices has its advantages."

"What?!?!" I was beyond shocked.

"Actually I needed a reason to call you. What are you doing tonight? Are you free?"

"Umm... ya I am... why do you ask?"

"Why don't we meet for dinner? I could help you with your homework. If you're okay with it, that is..." his voice was suddenly pleading and expectant.

I had no idea what to do. Should I go? I definitely needed help with it but was this really a good idea? My fingers automatically moved to the pendant hanging on a gold chain around my neck. That is something I do whenever I am nervous.

"Who is it May?" my granny asked from the doorway. I held up my finger so I could focus on the conversation.

"Oh comm'on... I promise I won't bite you..." he said with a hint of laugh like it was some kind of private joke.

"Well... OK. Tell me the time and place. I'll be there."

"Don't worry about it. I'll pick you up. Just tell me your address."

"Don't you already know it?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"OK I'll pick you up at 7. And don't worry, I will get you home before your curfew is over." He said after a moment of a melodious laughter.

I was hysterical after that. What was I to wear? What was I to talk about? I was sure if I opened my mouth, nothing sensible would come out... Oh no, I was doing it again. This was so not me!

I hurriedly finished frying the chicken and laid out lunch.

"Who was it?" granny asked again.

"A guy from school. Remember I told you about our chemistry tutoring classes? He wanted to help me with my homework over dinner. I am having troubles, so I agreed."

"It's good to see that you're making friends already May. Go ahead and have some fun."

I smiled. I was so lucky to have her as my granny.

I chose a full sleeved top I had bought last week in NY. It matched my eyes according to Lizzy. Black jeans and converses completed the set. I rolled my eyes at myself. Since when did you become so conscious about your clothes? I asked myself.

It was 5 minutes to 7 and I was all ready with my books. I was impatient... had he changed his mind? Now I was worried. Just then the bell rang and my stomach did a somersault. I opened the door ant there he was looking... delicious. That was the only word fit to describe him. His hair was swept away from his face, wet with a recent shower I guessed. His eyes seemed to glow from the light in the porch. He had a white shirt which had its 3 top buttons undone. It showed his chest, smooth and perfect. It almost made me run my hands over the skin.

12