Lucille Nailed It Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You may start Monday working on Fashion Up. I've spoken to my two partners and they agree: what have we to lose but some more cash? We've agreed to go three more issues as the current one is almost completed and any influence you have would require more than one issue to produce kick-back, as Digger put it. Your title is editorial consultant, with the powers of editor-in-chief."

"If Sue the editor doesn't like someone coming in over her then tough, she can go, according to Mo. We think she and the fashion editor are central to our problem in defining our slot."

Lucille beamed. "I'll be happy to work three months without salary."

Debs frowned at that and Andrew smiled, saying he and his partners had discussed that. They agree with him that it was essential to enter the relationship as a rescue mission with a total commitment to succeed.

"You'll be engaged on a monthly contract, payment equivalent to $25,000 per annum, company reimbursement for all legitimate expenses including entertainment, no vehicle but will receive an Elite Customer taxi card, premium class air seating but any foreign travel must have prior board approval."

"That's an attractive package and thank you. I realize the risk you are taking but promise you and your partners shall be rewarded. May I ask where I'll be in the pecking order?"

Andrew shrugged and said as if he disbelieved it himself: "You'll be directly responsible to our group executive editor. We called her and she accepts this temporary situation."

"Wow I am being valued."

Andrew advised Lucille to engage an accountant and lawyer and establish herself as a business entity as it was possible her consultancy business could expand if she succeeded with Fashion Up and she might broaden her interests.

"Who knows – if you decide to stay permanently in Australia having an established business would help you gain residency status. Debs already sees you becoming an icon because you're so different."

Lucille smiled at the mention of icon. At that moment she decided to seek permanent residency with the goal to try to become an icon in the Australian fashion industry.

"Thank you for your inspirational thought," she said to the surprised Debs who looked confused about what inspired thought that had been.

"Andrew, thank you for your initiative; believe me, you are not taking a risk providing the right basics are in place."

Andrew smiled weakly, raising his glass, but failed to look less than very worried.

Then Debs said something that shook Lucille.

"Have faith Andrew – eventually you'll come to recognize the enormity of what you've just done, helping someone requiring a leg up in life. I feel Lucille would rather die than fail you."

Aware of that depth of feeling, Debs involuntarily wiped a hand over her mouth, ruining the pre-dinner lip coating that Lucille had helped her apply.

The profoundness of those words triggered within Lucille an emotional willingness to befriend; Debs appeared to have something in her that Maria and Mrs Graham possessed.

Although having little knowledge about what she was feeling Lucille simply accepted Debs was one of those rare persons who'd go an extra mile for her; therefore Debs was entitled to be rewarded with some affection.

Next morning when Debs and Lucille arrived at Warringah Mall Lucille darted off and returned a couple of minutes later, smiling. "Eleven o'clock, they've had a cancellation."

"Who and what at 11 o'clock?"

"Your appointment with fate my dear friend. The new YOU is on the way."

"Oh God, you mean a hairdresser don't you?"

"Yes and off go those split ends but let's go to a beauty shop; you're buying a new range of cosmetics."

"Oh Lucille, do you have to do this to me?"

"Stop whining and come along; would you like an ice-cream?" Lucille asked.

Sporting a modern, short and layered hair cut that Debs kept looking at each time she saw her reflection, Debs was hipped-thrust into the bra shop before she had time to protest.

Eventually she walked reluctantly into a fitting booth.

"May I come in?"

"Yes."

"Oh dear?"

"What?"

"This simply won't do – they're just like the ones you have now, pushing you half way down to your waist. You have lovely breasts – flaunt them."

"No that's...that's common."

Lucille smiled confidently.

"You said we've having people around for dinner tonight so we want you looking great, right?"

"Yes it's time I worked out of my shell."

"Great and hand me those two bras and while I'm away take that one off. I won't be a minute."

Lucille came back.

"Wow, great nipples; I bet Andrew loves sucking those."

"Lucille!" Debs almost shouted.

A shop assistant called, "Is everything right in there?"

"Yes thank you," called the two women almost in unison.

"Modern women talk sex all the time Debs. It's no longer restricted to taking about it in the bedroom. I bet you're still reading Jane Austen."

"Well, I..."

"On normal bookshelves now Debs are appearing books that will make your clit react without being touched – stuff that when we were teenagers was either banned or up high and marked R18."

"You mention sex as if you are talking about TV programs or about winding babies. It's only considered porn..."

"Spare me please; Lucille you're pushing me too fast."

"Well let's try this lovely number on you."

"Oh God I feel all tit – it's pushing me too high. Everyone will realize I have breasts."

"Only if they had previously thought you weren't wearing a bra and had speed wobbles," Lucille said dryly. "Is that bra comfortable?"

"Well frankly yes but I'm certainly not comfortable. If I walk out wearing this everyone will look1 at me."

"Rubbish Debs – they have to be practically hanging out of your shirt before most men would notice. Women would think what a nice pair and wonder what make of bra you were wearing."

"W-w-woman would notice?"

"That's enough education for today," Lucille said firmly. "Come let's get our nails done over here."

"I'm not allowing anyone to touch my nails."

Lucille sighed.

"I said nails Deb not your vulva. Come on, be a grown up and we'll get your toenails done as well."

Lucille slunk into the beauty shop whispering, "This is the worst shopping day in my entire life. I feel as if I've been dragged through the wringer."

"What's a wringer?" asked the non-domesticated American, genuinely curious.

In the coffee shop Lucille kept looking at her finger nails, saying she hadn't realized nail attention could enhance her fingers so much.

"I use nail polish, but only light pinks. This Californian Bingo Red looks lovely on me; I think though next time I may try the Sunset Rita you are wearing."

Accepted that her shopping consultant was actually doing quite well with her, nobody but nobody had looked at her uplifted bosom; Debs leaned forward conspiratorially and whispered, "You mentioned the word vulva before. May I ask how much trimming do you do?"

"I'm as bald as a badger."

Debs grabbed the table as if she were in danger of falling out of her chair.

"Oh my God, Lucille."

Lucille smiled.

"Don't listen to me. Just ask Andrew how much shaving he would prefer. This is 1979, not 1879; some men apparently like pulling hair from between their teeth."

Debs went the color of her nail polish and tried to speak, unsuccessfully. She later confided she thought that only pop stars and prostitutes shaved 'down there'.

Lucille continued to charge on. "Look a dress shop – let's get you a new dress for tonight."

The rejection came automatically.

"I have a whole wardrobe of dresses – I don't wear all of them now."

"Come on, just have a look. No, not over there – here are the new arrivals."

"I don't normally spend above $60 dollars."

"Then I'll buy you a dress and you can kid yourself you've saved sixty dollars. What about this one; it's your fit."

"You don't know what fits me...oh God, not this one. It costs $180."

"So what Debs? Prices are rising and designs and embellishments are improving; fashion is on a roll you know."

"But Lucille I could buy an old car for that."

"Well you can't wear an old car, can you? That price is peanuts – my best boots cost almost as much as that."

Lucille hastily reached out to steady her friend, whose face had lost its color.

Andrew arrived home with the girls and Lucille could see that the girls' didn't notice their mother's new uplift. But Andrew noticed – he stood, staring and his tongue rolled along his top lip.

"It's my new look darling and Lucille says it suits me," Debs began confidently.

She and Lucille had been drinking.

"My finger nail and look at my toenails..."

She kicked off a shoe.

"Lucille has also suggested I shave down here but to ask you about your preference."

Red-faced Lucille left the room smiling.

An hour later Debs called, "I'm ready Lucille."

Lucille went to the master bedroom.

Debs was in one of her new underwear sets and said with a twinkle – "He's gone downstairs very pleased with himself. We've had sex which we always have after a dinner party but never before likes today."

"Oh he was so lovely to me and made me keep that garter belt on while we did it; I was going to wear that set tonight but now it's in the wash. He slobbered over the bra. That man, he's been married to me almost a year and now says he didn't realize that my boobs are better than average – those were his exact words."

"That's wonderful and listen to you talking!"

"Now Debs I'll tell you two things that might really work for you two but perhaps not."

"Your man likes catching you looking at him with a soft smile on your face and if he says "What?" you should look away and say nothing as you've just rung his bell. Another thing is when he's reading or watching boring TV only half-interested, just run our hand over his crotch and coo, "How's my big boy – always big boy, never little boy, got it."

"How's my big boy. Yes I've got it. That means his penis, doesn't it?"

"You're catching on – make sure you don't run out of your contraceptive pills. Now, let me lightly comb your hair and then watch me carefully as I do your face – I'll talk you through it."

Debs said, "I thought my best friend was Katie; now I'm not so sure."

"It doesn't matter. Just let it run. Keep switched on you'll find you'll be thinking of Andrew as your best friend."

The three couples who came to dinner acted thunderstruck when arriving together and being met by the new Debs at the front door.

Lucille was pleased, but not half as much as Andrew who had a half-stupid grin on his face all evening.

More Coming

12