Luck Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mimi thought she was doing the right thing by not burdening Lyndsy with anymore of her problems, especially now that she and Trey were separated. Mimi was trying to be a good friend and there for Lyndsy; she even carefully re-routed their conversations to how Lyndsy was doing. What Mimi didn't realize was that she was making things harder for Lyndsy by not telling her how stressed out she really was. Lyndsy could care less about Trey anymore, that was a dead issue, but Mimi was like a sister to her and she needed to make sure she was alright. Besides, Rip was keeping her mind from even wandering back to Trey. Rip was really intelligent and entertaining. He and Lyndsy seemed to be interested in all of the same things. He was also being very helpful keeping track of Mimi. She was thankful and she was interested. Maybe nothing would come of it or maybe it was a quick rebound fling, so who cared, he made her laugh.

***

Angus and Cruz sat across from the veterinarian, he was a humble and honest man who had a lapse in good judgment and made a stupid mistake. Angus took one look at the average looking middle class man whose wife had just left him for a man with more money, and knew that he had fallen victim to the glamorous and larger than life Lana Lutz.

"I am so sorry," Merritt cried honest tears. "I had no idea!"

"It's not your fault." Cruz tried to verbally comfort the very upset man.

"I am responsible for his death!" he sobbed, a rather large string hanging from his nose. Cruz grabbed a handful of tissues and handed them to him. "She was just so sexy and s-so NAKED!" he cried harder, blowing his nose in the handful of Kleenex.

"You said you had no idea what she was doing—" Angus started.

"No, no clue," Merritt interjected with a sniffle.

"So you have nothing to feel guilty about. Whoever killed him would have killed him with anything they could get there hands on."

"With or without your unknowing assistance," Cruz backed Angus up, nodding his head in agreement.

"Besides, today you are helping to set an innocent man free." Angus finished.

"I am?"

"Yes, there is a man sitting in jail right now, he is a possible suspect in the murder of Brad Lowell and being questioned for the disappearance of Lana Lutz."

***

"I have something for you." Rip handed Angus the cell phone list from Julio's apartment and Mexican address that Hector Landon had given him.

"Very interesting," Angus said, reviewing the information before him.

"I thought so too," Rip grinned ear to ear, "that's why I'm going to Mexico."

"Keep me informed of anything you find," Angus said.

"You know I will." Rip tipped his hat to Angus, "You'll be hearing from me very soon."

12