Luck Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
redwitch
redwitch
833 Followers

"What the hell was that?" Mimi asked, her eyes widened as she looked at him, the adrenaline still rushing through her.

"That was crowd recognition," he said looking in his rear view to see the gathering crowd disappear.

"Holy shit, does that happen often?" she was thrown off by his relaxed demeanor and realized he must be used to running away from a mob of fans. It had to really suck to have to get used to this type of life.

"All the time," he shook his head, "except when I was living next door to you." He smiled, "Be thankful they haven't jumped in their cars and followed us."

"They do that too?!" she exclaimed incredulously.

"All the time." He realized that she had no idea what she was getting herself into. Would she be able to handle it? There was no way it would slow down any time soon.

Mimi looked at him dumbfounded for a second as the realization of his situation dawned on her. She understood why he had left this life in the fist place. This was insanity, no one could live like this, and this was over exposure at its finest. She had but a tiny taste of what he went through on a daily basis and she hated it! Running for her life from a growing crowd left her feeling both vulnerable and over whelmed.

She was looking at him with new eyes and total understanding, wondering how he had been able to tolerate it thus far. Sure he had a very successful career, one that most dreamed of, he had unlimited fame and riches, but at what price? She sat there looking at him wondering how someone could be so lucky and unlucky all at the same time.

***

At this point there were no rules, no laws and no authority other than her own. Lana was ready to do whatever she needed to do to guarantee her survival and her freedom. She stood in front of the mirror at yet another scummy little hotel, clutching a handful of her hair. Her hair had always been her pride and glory, but now not being captured was paramount.

She fought the tears that threatened to spill as she began to cut her hair, the long pale locks falling into the dirty sink. She took a good look at herself, because after today, she would make it a point to never look at herself again. She raised her chin than started to apply the black hair dye. While she was waiting, she applied the deep bronze self tanner all over her entire body and put the dark contacts in her eyes. She was going to turn herself into an authentic citizen of Mexico, she was going to look the part and act the role. She was thankful she had done a low budget film in Mexico a few years ago and had taken the time to learn the language. It would be beneficial now that she refused to speak any English. She had also stolen the identity of a dead Mexican woman to cement her new identity.

She took one last good look at herself, wanting to break down in tears at the horrific transformation. She took a deep steadying breath than grabbed her duffle bag and left the stinky and dirty pay by the hour hotel room.

***

Rip dropped the autopsy report on Detective Angus's desk

"After extensive testing it was determined that the body that was found almost burned beyond recognition in the Mexican hotel was none other than Julio."

"Interesting." Angus said picking up the file

"But the victim did not die of smoke inhalation or any other form of fire related tragedy." Rip said as Angus looked at the pictures of what was left of Julio. "They found a bullet in his temple and he was smiling at the time of his death."

"He was executed." Angus went back to the report.

"Yes and the receptionist on duty that night distinctly remember a very tall, very slim American woman running from the scene of the crime."

"Excellent work Rip."

"I'll be in touch." Rip nodded than left the office, he still had a certain chauffer he needed to speak to.

redwitch
redwitch
833 Followers
12