Lucky Jim Takes A Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at me. There was confusion in her eyes and may be an appeal for understanding, not just from me, but even from herself. Strangely, what she had said struck a chord that resonated somewhere deep in my sub-conscious. Just two weeks earlier, I doubt that it would have.

"You must follow your heart, Margaret." I said. She said nothing, just sat there, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Margaret, I am ashamed, I am very ashamed. I do not ask you to forgive me. I just want you know…"

Slowly, she raised her eyes from the floor and looked at me with those impossibly brittle-blue eyes. A small crooked smile formed on her chapped dry lips.

"Well, let us say you were exercising your husband's rights one last time; one very last time."

Suddenly, my eyes moistened but I did not want her see my cheap tears.

"I will let Robert know where I am staying. I will sign the papers when he is ready with them. Good bye, Margaret."

I turned around and left the house that was once home, never to return.

12