Luftwaffe Wolf Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As are you," he said as he sat beside her, tracing her jaw with his finger tips, "Everything else is merely sustenance to keep me alive." For an unknown length of time they sat together in each other's arms, Vulferam occasionally turning the pheasants until they were cooked and they ate in silence.

<=={======>

The pheasants were nothing, but a pile of bones nest to the fire by the time Vulferam finished eating. Lissia had a few bites, but decided to drink from Vulferam again, much to his delight. The night was getting late and they had travelled quite a distance, Lissia tugged on Vulferam's arm, "Let's go to bed," she yawned in a less than flattering way.

The Wolf smiled, he followed his Vampire to the tent and crawled in with her, lying down with the sleeping bags zipped together allowing them to hold each other during the night. He closed his eyes when he heard Lissia giggling. "Something amuses you?" He asked her, opening one eye to look at her.

"I can't close the tent," she told him, her voice creaking into another round of giggles.

"How is that funny?" He was more alert, sitting up to see what was so humorous about not closing the tent flap when he saw his feet sticking out the bottom. "That's it? I need to move up?" With a slight huff he moved back so his feet were in the tent. Lissia closed the tent flaps and Vulferam laid down again, this time his head came into contact with the other end. Lissia began to laugh again. "I will sleep diagonally then," he smugly grinned, proud of the way he had solved the problem. Moving to the new position he laid down again to find he barely fit this way either. Lissia's chuckle erupted again when he grunted in dissatisfaction. "You wouldn't know of a magical device that could make this tent any bigger do you?" He asked her with his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"If there is, Alec didn't give me one," Lissia laughed, "I have an idea," she enjoyed watching his face turn red with frustration, but she could not torment him for the rest of the night. She left the tent and began constructing the second tent.

"What are you doing?" Vulferam asked when she had been gone for longer than he wanted. He was glad to see the tent flaps open and expected Lissia to join him again when he saw her zip the flaps from the second tent to the one he occupied.

"Just like the sleeping bags," she said, satisfied with her solution.

She crawled into the sleeping bag with him again, "Smart as well as beautiful, what a lucky wolf I am," his comment earned him a playful slap.

"Women through the ages have frequently solved problems for the men that kept them, I should know, I have been one many times," she snuggled into Vulferam's arms again, "I live to solve problems, particularly those that concern those I love."

Knowing what she meant he said nothing. He did, however, pull her on top of him and began kissing her in the way he had read about in stories of old. Before they knew it they were in a slow dance of love that carried them late into the night.

<=={======>

Tristan walked towards his room, the manor house felt empty without his vampiric child to throw jovial insults at him. It was the first time they had been separated in over a century and this time he had no idea if he would see her again any time soon. He was happy for Lissia, though he missed her already. His footsteps echoed through the empty hall as he neared his room. Opening the door he found it no longer felt warm and comforting, but cold and repelling. He sighed heavily and walked in closing the door behind him and turning the lock, more out of habit than necessity.

He went through his evening ritual of writing his thoughts down in his diary. How many of these had he written over time? Thousands probably, each housed in the library of the Pantheon for safe keeping. He read over his latest entry; even that felt cold and distant. Closing the book he changed for bed.

He had just settled for the night when a soft knocking at his door disturbed him. "I'm coming," he called out, unlocking the door once he reached it. "Gabe?"

The Cherub looked more depressed than Tristan did, "May I come in?" He asked politely, waiting for invitation.

Tristan stepped aside to allow Gabe to enter, "Something on your mind?"

Gabe nodded, "I feel lost," he said sadly, "I held my tongue and now I will never know."

"She made her choice," Tristan said bluntly, "If she felt any affection for you the way you would have liked she would have acted on it." He sat next to the Cherub and sighed, "You are a good man, and you will one day find a woman or man who will complete you. Do not dwell on what might have been; you might miss what is right in front of you."

The Cherub could not find comfort in the Vampire's words, "Still hurts."

"It always does," Tristan reached for a hidden bottle of scotch and poured the Angel a drink, "It will dull the pain."

<=={======>

For those who are interested, I have set up a facebook page for all my excuses :P I haven't got many followers on it right now but the link is on my profile page, feel free to give me direct feedback or inquiry about updates. I've learned to turn the TV off when I'm writing which is a surprisingly big help.