Lunar Dance Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers

But Tabiti wasn't the only one who had grown up, so had Demir. Demir thought about when he had first met Jozlyn, less than six months ago and yet it seemed like a decade. He had been a wild child back then, sneaking out at night, fighting the rules every chance he got, and taking whatever he wanted. Now he held with gentle words and an iron fist. He was alpha to his pack and very soon to be king of his country. Despite the weight of his responsibilities, the weight no longer suffocated him, or caged him in, it was a welcome weight, one which he embraced.

"Yes I think she has deserved that right, after all the help she gave after the battle," Demir said spinning her around the floor.

"How are you feeling?" he asked suddenly, afraid she might become sick because of all the twirling. It seemed Jozlyn was sick almost all the time, apparently morning sickness wasn't just in the mornings.

"I'm fine really," she said with a brilliant smile, touched that he cared so much. Across the ballroom, her eyes locked on another couple twirling around the dance floor. Jozlyn's eyes locked with Kayla. How are you? Jozlyn asked telepathically, giving her friend a slight wave of her hand.

"Tired," she replied, trying to suppress a mental yawn as well as a physical one.

Jozlyn smiled as she looked at her friend, her pregnant state artfully hidden by the empire-waisted gown. Jozlyn had made sure the dress her maid of honor and herself wore were of similar design, since both women were pregnant.

Jozlyn had wondered how Kayla's pregnancy would react with being mated to Matt. But Tabiti had assured them that the children would be fine, and so Kayla had changed, into a beautiful light brown wolf.

But Jozlyn still couldn't believe it, but Tabiti had said that Kayla would have triplets. The women had been excited but equally terrified. Still, Jozlyn knew Kayla would not change a thing, she was happy in her new life. She had begun to feel at home in the castle surrounded by Matt and his family, who were all wolves. But it wasn't all that strange. Apparently many of the wolves had been married before finding out they were werewolves. Tabiti had said it was a kindred soul thing, that people tried to find other like themselves.

The music ended, and Demir lead her from the floor. Laughing and chatting briefly, Demri and Jozlyn made the rounds around the room. Jozlyn paused as the terrace doors opened on a sudden gust of wind. The beginning of winter was just starting to creep in, but it wasn't yet cold enough to freeze. Jozlyn wandered over to the terrace doors, her sharp eyes catching a figure standing in front of the massive gardens. Guests began complaining about the cold, as Jozlyn moved from Demir's side and wandered out into the night.

Tabiti stood in the center, with a large smile of her face. Jozlyn was careful of her dress as she went to give Tabiti a hug. "You made it!" Jozlyn said excitedly, pulling back to look at Jozlyn.

"Of course!" Tabiti said smiling, as guests began to mill out, despite the small chill in the air. Jozlyn felt Demir before he arrived.

"Tabiti," Demir said nodding his head.

Tabiti returned the gesture with a nod of her own, reaching up to lightly touch Jozlyn's hair.

"Your hair in beautiful, Jozlyn," Tabiti whispered like a proud parent.

Jozlyn reached up and gave her hand a brief squeeze. Before Tabiti forgot the entire reason she came, she wiped a stray tear from her eye, laughing self consciously. "I have a gift for you."

Tabiti stepped back opening her arms wide and up to the sky. The moon was huge, and so close, Jozlyn felt as though she could reach out and touch it. The moon was so bright, that the lights in the ballroom paled in comparison to the light of the moon.

A string was plucked somewhere and Jozlyn knew a dance was about to start. Life with all its unexpected mysteries had granted her wish she had never made. She was mated to a man she loved more than life itself with his child growing in her womb, the fact that he was a werewolf, alpha to their pack, and a prince were just extra perks.

"How about a Lunar Dance Joz?" Demir asked, grabbing her hand and pulling her tight against him as they danced under the moonlight. The moon was so brilliant that Jozlyn could swear that it was smile down at her, the thought was crazy, but then the moon makes us think crazy things, and act on out craziest impulses.

*** Remember to comment and vote. Feel free to send me any questions and I'll be happy to answer them!

sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers
12