Lustfall - Gwenvyr's Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anyway, she had to keep moving. She would gain nothing by standing there. She thought in invoking her mount to move faster, but she already had spent enough magic energy with the haunek encounter. Gwenvyr decided to save her power just in case she would find herself in need to use some offensive spells later.

The blue haired woman began walking among the fields, following the direction that the signal on her tracker was telling her.

#

The trail of the tracking glyph led Gwenvyr to a place far away from the village, in a valley between the mountains. She stood before a strange rocks formation that came up from the mountain slope, near the base of a little waterfall where it became a thin river going down the valley.

There was an opening in the rock, the ruins of an entrance to an old dungeon that should have been the target of many plunder over the centuries. The tracker was pointing directly to the rocks. That was the place she was looking for.

The entrance was unguarded.

Gwenvyr kept hidden behind the bushes, waiting, analyzing. There were no patrols, and no one entered or exited the dungeon by the time she stood there vigilant...

She remembered something... What was it...? That's right! She should report to the Archiver Ayrnst!

Gwenvyr took a slice of paper from her bag and began writing on it with her quill, recording everything she'd done until then. After finishing with the report she folded the paper multiple times, making specific shapes around the edges, folding and wrinkling till she ended up with the desired form. A little bird made of paper stared at her between her hands with dull eyes.

'Now let's give you purpose.'

She drew a little stamp in the air and applied it to the paper bird. That made its eyes turn red and becoming alive, flapping its wings with energy.

'This will deliver to Lord Ayrnst in no time.'

Gwenvyr raised her hands in the air and let the bird fly away over the trees. The courier went up in the air with its wings, seeking altitude, doing circles while it tried to locate its destination. Finally, it locked on its way and began to descend to the ground, heading directly to the rock and disappearing inside the cave's entrance.

'What the hell...?' Gwenvyr looked shocked. Those animated pieces of paper were enchanted to seek and fly directly towards their designated recipient's location. So it flying inside the cave... That could only mean one thing... 'The Archiver is in there...?' She tried to order her confounded thoughts. 'It's impossible that he... No... He's a hell of a sorcerer, he must have already located this place... Let's hope he's not in trouble...'

She got out from the bushes and walked towards the cave. Taking a brief glance of the dark hall that went deep into the mountain before entering, trying to be as stealthy as possible.

It got darker by every step she took. A magic light could do the trick, but it didn't sound like a good idea if she wanted to keep her presence unnoticed. However, she did have other resources. With a slight touch of her fingers, a little magic stream went across her glasses.

The dark halls became clearer for Gwenvyr as the magic impregnated on her glasses granted her the ability to see in the darkness. She could perceive even the smallest detail on the walls, like the infinite scribblings and hieroglyphs that were carved in the stone. All of them written in an ancient language she could not decipher.

Getting deeper and deeper into the dungeon, Gwenvyr remained vigilant for every movement, for every corner she turned, for every new hall she explored.

The dungeon seemed like a labyrinth as many of the halls were collapsed by debris or dungeon's ruins, forcing Gwenvyr to go back over her steps and trying another way on numerous occasions.

She was in the middle of her unending exploration when she glanced something with the corner of her eyes. A small point of light that was floating in the air, moving swiftly as the wind was caressing it.

"Come..." she heard a whisper.

Gwenvyr approached the light with caution. It felt warm and peaceful.

"Please... There is no much... time... Come... quickly..."

It was a soft, gentle, womanly voice.

The light flew away, down the stairs of a corridor that ended in a large starked chamber. Gwenvyr followed the light into the chamber. The room was filled with broken furniture and the signs of vicious looting. At the other side of the entrance could be seen the remains of a broken statue whose fragments were all scattered over the floor. Judging by the shape of the remnants, the statue might look like an angelic woman, defiant in its once proud pose.

The light placed itself over the piece that was once the statue's head. With a swift sound, it disappeared into the stone. The head's eyes shined with a golden sparkle.

"I salute you, mortal." It spoke with a reverberating voice.

"Who are you?"

"My name is not relevant. But if it makes you more comfortable I'll tell you. I am Alura, the eternal warden of this dungeon."

'Great, ancient relics.'

"We may be old, but we still hold much power."

That sounded threatening.

"I'm sorry, mortal. My fury should not be drawn into you."

"So this is a dungeon?"

"Yes."

"But a dungeon, dungeon? Like an evil gang hideout or just an underground prison?"

The statue took a moment of silence. Gwenvyr felt a disturbance in the auryl of the air like it was trying to contain itself.

"This is no time for jokes." The angelic head continued, apparently angered. "It was a prison, and it should have stayed like that, but recent events have turned this sacred place into the evil lair of a cultist group."

"Are they the ones responsible for the village's disappearances?"

"I'm afraid so."

"So what happened here, Alura? This place looks to have seen way better days..."

"We... I... was careless... As I said, this was a prison for a primal evil that my sisterhood sealed long ago. I was entrusted with the task of guarding it."

"I assume that went wrong somehow..."

"It was my fault. The monotony of my daily life in solitude made me weak, leaving some of the restraining measures to deteriorate and release some of the sealed power of the demon trapped inside. That attracted some beasts to this zone, and eventually, another kind of monsters was drawn too... humans. With promises of power and seduction they formed a cult and began to plan their lord's return."

There was something in her words that sounded familiar... Demons, Lords... Reminded her from the legends of the Grand Magic War.

"Are you telling me that there is a Deeplord imprisoned here? And they are planning to release him?"

"Yes." She replied with sadness in her voice. "But there's still a chance to stop it. They are close to getting their goal, I know this because I watch them. However we can still put a halt to this madness, but I need your help."

"A chance to save the world? Count me in!" Gwenvyr offered gladly, then taking a more serious expression. "But only if you show me where Robidna is. She's my partner, and I'm looking for her."

"The sorceress woman...? Yes... She is here. Not far away. I'll guide you there."

Gwenvyr was still unsure if she should trust this broken statue, but it looked like the only chance she had to find Robidna in that damn maze.

"Take my necklace. It should be around here. Luckily they didn't find it when they destroyed this chamber. It's the source of my power."

The blue haired woman searched between the stone fragments till she found a silver string of jewelry with a golden crystal in its center.

"That's it."

The light faded away from the statue's eyes and flew over the necklace, reposing in the inside, blinking its light with every word she spoke.

Gwenvyr took it and put it inside her bag.

"What happened to your body?"

"I... I lost it trying to stop the cultists. They had a powerful wizard among them. Now this necklace is everything that's left of me..."

"Is he... Is he in the dungeon right now?"

"I'm not sure..."

"And what do you think a human like me could do against a wizard who has defeated a celestial...? Because that's what you are, right...?"

Alura kept silent for a bit while.

"You are very keen miss-"

"Gwenvyr, my name is Gwenvyr Oxorn."

"I can see your potential lady Oxorn. With my power, you could beat any obstacle in your way."

"And if you are so powerful why don't you do it yourself?"

"Without a proper body to channel my energy, I'm useless... That's why I'm asking you-"

"We'll see..."

Gwenvyr left the room and went down to the next floor, following the instructions Alura was giving her.

"Where are we going?"

"To the central chamber, it's not far."

"You know... for a place that's been used as a lair for an evil dark band of cultists, it feels pretty empty. How's that I haven't rushed into anyone in my way in...?"

"They aren't so many as you may think. And last time I checked they were all gathering in the chamber I mentioned, preparing for the ritual."

The air carried a strange smell. Gwenvyr felt an ominous and oppressive force as she went deeper into the dungeon. It was like waves of magic energy were beating from below, trying to spread in every direction. It carried a vengeful will on it, seeking its way to being free once again.

#

"You useless morons..." Was the broken voice of an old man echoing on the high chamber walls. A voice Gwenvyr knew all too well. "I told you to not to underestimate her..."

The central chamber was a large round room with several floors of galleries above the ground. Gwenvyr sneaked into the room in one of those galleries. Walking in silent, she moved closer to the balustrade, contemplating the group of cultists below through a gap.

They were seven, five of them were forming a circle around a dark crystal covered in golden ethereal chains; they were chanting synchronized with deep guttural voices. The other two were away from the main group, talking to each other. Although they were all wearing hooded robes, she could recognize the bartender from the inn she stepped into when she arrived at the village. The other man... there was no doubt... He was there... Gwenvyr couldn't believe it, after all this time...

"You should have sent something that could have subdued her!" The old man yelled to the bartender. "We could have used her for the ritual. You don't have any idea how powerful she is... Hell, even she doesn't know..."

"But sir... The hauneks have always been so loyal, they have always served our purposes..."

"And it's now proved that those corrupted beasts can't stop a single sorceress."

The old man squeezed his hand around a piece of paper he had in his hand. A red sparkle slipped from his fist and fade in the air.

"Now she's coming here..."

"Should I... sir-?"

"No. I will handle this. You keep watching for the ritual. We are so close for the summoning to be complete... And bring the sacrifices to the altar already!"

'Sacrifices?' Gwenvyr looked around the chamber. On the far end of the room, there were a woman and a man chained together inside a cage. Due to the distance, she could only see that they were completely naked and had some injuries on their bodies. She recognized her blond partner, Robidna. 'Damn it...'

"They are still alive." Alura talked to her in a muffled whisper from inside her bag. "They will be used as fuel for the demon they are going to unleash."

"We can't let that happen."

"No, we can't. Too many have already perished for this atrocity. We won't let these people die, or worse..."

"Worse...?"

"They could serve as vessels for the demonic essence. That could explain why they have kept your friend alive... She has a powerful aura, like you."

Gwenvyr didn't like the sound of those words. No way she was going to let some demon Deeplord take over one of her partners, not on her watch.

"Let's move. We've got to do something-"

'Wait! Where is that wizard?'

Gwenvyr looked back to the place where the two cultists were talking. They were gone. The bartender was walking towards the cage while the old man was nowhere to be found.

"You have seen too much, Miss Oxorn."

'Damn!'

Gwenvyr turned to her side and stepped back as she felt the hot graze of a fireball on her shoulder.

"Doesn't matter. This can't be stopped, we are finally so close! Orcalar will return to this world, free to conquer it with my aide!"

Lord Ayrnst was standing before her, with a long wooden staff in one hand and a red quill in the other.

Gwenvyr couldn't believe it.

"Why...?"

She felt anger, a growing rage she couldn't control. Not because of her burnt shoulder, but for the betrayal she was witnessing.

"Lord Archiver... After all these years...?! I... respected you... admired you... How...?"

"Don't judge me too harshly, my dear."

"You've betrayed us all! How couldn't I-?"

"When you get to my age you'll understand... Well... maybe not. I don't think I can let you survive..."

He raised his staff in the air.

"What a pity, really. I would love to play with that sweet body of yours... If these fools haven't screwed it up..."

"Damn traitor!"

Gwenvyr drew a quick glyph in front of her to block the incoming force from Ayrnst.

The Archiver staff glowed intensely before liberating a bright explosion of light that charged directly into Gwenvyr's. A swift movement of his quill made Gwenvyr's defense glyphs vanish into thin air. She was defenseless.

The light wave punched her body, tearing apart and ripping her clothes, leaving her chest totally exposed. Her boobs shined with the light of Ayrnst spells.

The Archiver made some wild gesticulation with his arms, manipulating the auryl around her. Gwenvyr felt an imprisoning dark force closing on her body. She tried to move, she tried to fight back, but it was useless. She was trapped in his magic.

"He's too powerful..."

"That's right, Miss Oxorn. And I'll be even more when My master is awoken."

He pulled the woman's body through the air towards him. Her bare breasts were almost as big as his head. He grabbed one of them with both hands.

"Get away from me you monster!"

"Perhaps I should keep you for research purposes... You know... You're a very alluring woman, Gwenvyr, but you could become a creature of incredible power and immeasurable beauty if you just yield to me and accept Orcalar as your new master..."

"Don't listen to him, his heart is corrupted with greed," Alura warned.

"I don't need your help to deny him! I will never bow to your proposals, Lord Archiver!!"

"Think about it. I'm offering you a generous alternative to death."

"Never!"

The Archiver sighed.

"So be it."

Ayrnst started to accumulate an extensive amount of auryl around him, preparing the terrible dark spell that will crush her body into pieces.

"Quick Gwenvyr! Take my power! We must make a covenant!" Alura's necklace floated next to her.

"What?"

"He's too powerful for you, but with my powers and your auryl energy, we can beat him. There is no choice, we can't let him win..."

"What will happen after we make the covenant?"

"No time for that right now, don't you think?"

Gwenvyr never trusted in ancient spirits and having one who wanted to use her as a catalyst for her magic didn't certainly please her. However, if she didn't accept the covenant, she would die for sure...

"Fine!" Gwenvyr had to trust the celestial.

"By my will, I grant you my power, Gwenvyr Oxorn! In exchange, I take the future by what life could have been!" Alura pledged with a mystic tone.

The necklace exploded with a burst of light, transforming into a whirlwind of golden ethereal streams that rushed into Gwenvyr's body, entering her through the abdomen.

A wild burst of energy rushed automatically through her veins. Feeling her with an incredible renowned power. Waves of energy covered her skin, reaching for her brain. Her eyes turned into two points of golden light as her mind expanded to powers unknown to her till that moment.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

Gwenvyr screamed will all her strength. The sound echoed throughout all the chamber. She shrank her body for a brief moment and suddenly opened her arms and legs, liberating a wave of golden energy that expanded all around, freeing her body from Ayrnst's dark shackles.

The Archiver staggered on the floor when the energy wave hit him, breaking his concentration and losing the focus on his casting. He looked shockingly at the figure that was floating before him.

A completely naked Gwenvyr bathed in a golden light looked at him from above. Her aura was much stronger than before, and he could feel her increasing power taking shape around her silhouette. She extended one arm ahead, closing it into a fist. The Archiver's staff writhed into itself, splintering and shattering in hundreds of tiny pieces.

"What...? But that's impossible..."

Gwenvyr's mind was filled with rage, a mix of his own thoughts combined with the twisted, vengeful justice of the celestial that had become part of her. A rage that was urging her to do despicable things in the name of retribution.

Ayrnst, the cultists... All of them had to pay for their crimes. She needed the power and the reason to do it.

And now she had it.

Gwenvyr moved forward, levitating.

"Now you and your comrades will pay for everything you've done to this place and those innocent people." She spoke with a new reverberant voice.

The Archiver was paralyzed in fear. In all his years he never saw something like that. So much anger... and in the form of an angel of vengeance...

"But you were dead..."

"You can't kill an immortal."

Gwenvyr cast a cylinder of light with her hands, giving shape to a sharp spear that cut the air in two with swift movements of its handle. She raised the spear above her head with one hand while with her free hand she made a quick magic circle and pushed it towards Ayrnst's body. The Archiver tried to stop the nullifier seal in vain, his spells were weak, his scripture writing was slow. He could do nothing.

The seal burned his skin through the fabric of his tunic, spreading fire. His veins brought the burning heat of nullifying to his entire body, the auryl was denying him, abandoning him to his demise.

"HEEEAAAAAH!!!"

With a powerful strike, Gwenvyr vented all her anger and rage in one single attack, guiding the spear right into the chest of his opponent. The golden weapon made its way through the skin like it was butter.

"Aaaarggh!!"

The Archiver tried to yell, to scream for his life, call for help, beg for mercy... But it was too late. Justice had fallen upon him with all its weight. The spear pierced his body and spread his power to every limb. The golden magic in the weapon burned every trace of the man as it consumed every piece of its existence.

The Archiver shrieked loudly while he drowned in his own corrupted blood, till his strength abandoned him. What once was the body of an old man turned into a pile of steamy ashes.

Lord Ayrnst was no more.

Gwenvyr turn to her side as she watched the nightmare that was unfolding in that very moment. She had to rush and finish her job before it was too late.

#

The robbed man who Gwenvyr identified as the bartender answered to the name of Clauss. He had joined the group of other cultists who were chanting in a circle around the dark crystal. He stood before the altar where the sacrifices were tied to by two pairs of chains.

"Lord Orcalar! Soon you will be able to walk free among us mortals! The last seal will be broken, and we will rejoice with your return!"

Something stirred inside the crystal. A dark essence which was beating itself against the hard inner surface, desperately trying to get out.

The auryl density in the chamber was increasing by every moment.