Lux Ex Tenebris Ch. 02

Story Info
Secret revealed and Vidor gone once more.
4.8k words
4.81
14k
27

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/06/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I want to see you.

Know your voice.

Recognize you when you
first come 'round the corner.

Sense your scent when I come
into a room you've just left.

Know the lift of your heel,
the glide of your foot.

Become familiar with the way
you purse your lips
then let them part,
just the slightest bit,
when I lean in to your space
and kiss you.

I want to know the joy
of how you whisper
"more"

-Rumi


***

The more I began to spend time with my husband Vidor, the King of Tenebris, the more I began to know him. Although he was still as careful and private as he had always been, he had slowly begun to relax around me. Our interaction improved greatly and I realized that he enjoyed my company as much as I did his. Nevertheless, apparently this greatly disturbed Belial, one of the older royalties who was still related to the King, despite the fact that we only showed our affection towards each other within our own privacy.

When I was heading to the library one day, I walked pass the King's study room that was unusually unguarded. The door was ajar and I heard a man was talking with his voice raised. Curiosity got the best of me -and I was just nosey like that- so I stopped behind the door to eavesdrop.

"-you, as the King of Tenebris, the glorious kingdom of the south, should have known better not to agree to that bastard who rules Lumien to marry the bitch in disguise!"

"Be careful Belial, you are talking about my wife,"

I heard the King spoke calmly although one could clearly hear the threat in it.

"Forgive me my Lord, but she IS a spy and soon she will run back to Lumien to report everything, every power that we own! I have my sources and they are trustworthy! She may not have caused any trouble yet, but your permission for her to be near you may lead you to danger, and the kingdom cannot afford to lose its glorious King! And you, my Lord, out of all people, know best that there will be no such thing as a union between Tenebris and Lumien, and there will be no truce as we are far more superior than those unworthy, pathetic mortals!"

I felt tremor shaking my body upon hearing Belial's insults and had to clench my fists, ready to barge into the room when the King calmly responded,

"I have been walking this earth for more than 300 years Belial, longer than your existence-"

I gasped at what he said.That is impossible, he looks so young and healthy!I said to myself.

"-I have seen the rise and fall of many kingdoms, and I know what Lumien is capable of as well as Tenebris' superior power that no kingdom on this earth will be able to destroy. Nevertheless, you should be aware of your position here, Belial. Yes, you are one of my advisors but I am YOUR King. Try to stir any restlessness in this kingdom and I will have you beg for my mercy to end your life quickly. Should you doubt my action and decision for the kingdom and question my capability as your king, I'll be glad to remind you of my superiority towards you and your filthy gang of royalty, and I will take immense pleasure in removing every single feather off your wings before peeling your skin off with my own hands. Did I make myself clear?"

There was a pause and I heard Belial's weak response,

"Yes you did, my Lord. Forgive me for my short coming."

"And I don't wish to hear any more of this rubbish about my wife. Leave at once."

"Yes, my Lord."

I panicked and looked around for a place to hide and managed to get behind a column that barely covered my presence. I saw Belial walked out of the room in fury and turned around the corner. When I was sure he was gone I quickly avoided the door to the study room and slowly made my way to the library, thinking about the disturbing conversation I heard; disturbing not only because of Belial's opinions but also because I realized how dangerous my husband could be. Although we shared the bed together and treated each other with care and gentleness as much as we could do as an interracial married couple, he was still physically larger than me and could crush my bones if he wished to.

Sitting down on the nook and circling my arms around my knees, I looked out the window and began to see my marriage from another perspective. I was aware of Martinien's intention in betrothing me with the King but I never took it seriously. And now that I got to know the King better such stupid intention had long gone from my head, and all I could think of was how to make the King really see me as his wife. But now I didn't know what to expect as I had no idea what the King had on his mind. I didn't know if he let me be close to him because he wanted to, or because he was keeping an eye on me. I didn't know what his intention was in agreeing to Martinien's offer that now the King and I were married. For once I felt hopeless.

I was so lost in my own thought that I wasn't aware of a presence until I heard the swooshing sound of wings. I looked up and saw the King flying midway toward me. His wings were jet black and so large that it took a few steps to get from the root of one wing to its tip. I watched him in amazement until he landed and tucked his wings in. He stood right before me and looked down at me who was looking at him in awe.

"I thought I'd find you here."

I blushed and smiled at him,

"Where else would I be?"

He sat down on the small nook and dwarfed me with his large presence. I didn't want to flatter myself but it was seriously unlikely of him to look for me. He gazed at me in the way that I could never comprehend as he was that unreadable. He reached for my ankle and circled his large hand around it, his thumb softly caressing the inside. I was so surprised at his move because clearly I didn't expect this from him, and I was even more surprised when he asked,

"What were you thinking of?"

"My Lord?"

"You were thinking of something when I walked in. Something rather serious I assume, because you were frowning."

He lifted his other hand as he spoke and softly ran his forefinger on my forehead down to my nose. I braved myself and held his hand with mine, put his on my cheek. I kissed his palm and looked at him,

"It was nothing. I was just thinking of a new sparring partner for fencing because Bastian and Lucien seem to always forget not to fly when they launch their attacks."

He studied my face before his gaze softened,

"I will be your new sparring partner,"

"You will, my Lord?"

"Yes I will. And when there's only the two of us you must call me with my name."

I blushed and whispered,

"Yes, Vidor."

He leaned down and softly kissed my lips before gradually deepening his kiss. He then slowly ran his hand that was encircling my ankle up to my thigh, lifting my skirt with his move. I felt my heart picked up its pace when he caressed my sex through my panties with his knuckles. Breaking the kiss he pulled back a bit to watch my face when he applied a little pressure in his caress on my silk covered sex. A soft moan escaped my lips and I could see in his eyes that it excited him. Reaching to my sides he pulled my panties down with his hands and dropped them on the floor before pushing my legs and splaying them. I bit my lip, realized how erotic my position was with my back on the wall of the nook and my glistening sex exposed to him. He then ran a finger from my wet slit up to my nub and softly circled it with the tip of his finger.

"Unbutton your dress."

I felt my cheeks blushed furiously especially at the thought of anyone could walk in anytime and see us, but it would be unlikely because no one would dare to interrupt the King wherever he might be unless there was an unusual situation. Reaching up, I slowly unbuttoned my coral colored dress from the neck to the waist. I heard him took a deep breathe when I freed my arms from the sleeves and took off the camisole that concealed my breasts. He leaned down and took one of my nipples into his mouth, sucking and flipping his tongue on it while his finger continued teasing my sensitive bud. I held his head and softly moaned on his ear when he moved to my other nipple and gave it the same attention. Suddenly he stood up and pulled me with him before turning my body around that I was now facing the window. He pulled my skirt higher that it all bunched up around my waist and held my hip with one hand while his other one guiding his sex and teasing mine with its head. I gripped on the cushioned nook and moaned his name, pleading him to be inside me when his intention was clear, that he would torture me and could keep me on the edge for hours.

Still stroking his manhood on my soaking wet sex, he cupped my breast and squeezed it. Leaning down he whispered in my ear,

"What do you want, Clara?"

I closed my eyes and rubbed my cheek against his. Coarsely I whispered,

"You. I want you."

He bit on my neck,

"Clara my angel... Does it ache right here?"

I moaned when he nudged my wet entrance with his head.

"This sweet, empty place... Do you want me to fill it?"

I sobbed and without any shame I wriggled closer to him,

"Yes Vidor, yes please!"

Without any warning he plunged deep inside me that caused me to scream his name in pleasure. I had been with him almost every night and whenever it was possible but every time always felt like the first time, and this time was no exception. He completely filled me and stretched me, making me ache for more. He picked up his pace and didn't slow down when I reached my first climax. Leaning down and circling his arms around my body, he rested his chest on my back and penetrated me deeper. One of his hands snaked up to my neck and circled my throat while he nibbled on my neck and shoulder. He then reached down and rubbed on my wet clitoris before pinching it that sent me straight to my second climax followed with his own.

He slowly pulled himself out and sat down on the nook, pulling me with him that I was now sitting on his lap with my back against his hard body. For a moment we just sat there in silence while catching our breath; his arms around my waist, my head on his chiseled chest. He then bent his head down and whispered in my ear,

"What did you think about the conversation I had with Belial?"

I quickly turned my head around to look at him,

"M-my Lord?"

He turned me around on his lap that I was now sitting facing him, straddling his crotch. Suddenly feeling self conscious I nervously put my dress back on and buttoned it up, trying my best to be modest despite the fact that my underwear was on the floor and my dress skirt was still bunched up around my waist. I blushed furiously when I realized that he was watching me and I pulled my skirt down, trying to conceal my sex when he held my hand to stop me. I had the feeling that he actually liked this contrast; my covered upper body and my exposed lower body. He wrapped his arms back around my waist.

"I know you were outside my study room and listening to the conversation. Look at me when I'm talking to you."

I shot my head up to look at him.

"How... How did you know I was outside?"

He lifted his hand and caressed my cheek with his knuckles,

"I have a good hearing."

He lowered his caress to my neck and he circled his hand around it. As much as I knew how dangerous to have his hand in such way around my neck, as he could just add a little more pressure on his hold, I couldn't help but to surrender to him. I had lost all my defenses when it came to him. I trusted him with my life and I knew he would mean no harm to me. Reaching up and putting my hand on his extended arm, I made circles with my thumb on his tanned skin and softly answered,

"I know words are just words until they are proven right, but I want you to know that I, in no way, ever agreed to Martinien's plan, and I never wanted to spy on you."

I took a deep breath,

"I didn't know what he did and how he did it, but he told me that he planned to unite the two kingdoms and had made an arrangement with you to marry me to clear the path to the unification. He..."

I gulped and braved myself to continue,

"He killed my father right before he sent me here because he wanted the throne and especially the power to himself. He threatened me that the lives of Lumienis would be in danger if I didn't cooperate with him, and so he made me promise to be his eyes in this kingdom of yours so that I could report to him of how you do things, what your weaknesses are and such. Now speaking of that, even if I agreed to his plot I wouldn't've known how to do that as it is a 14 day journey by carriage. That would be a torture and I'm not one to want to go through such stupid hassle."

I stopped and noticed that he was patiently listening to me and his eyes were soft on me, although I knew he was taking a mental note on everything I said. His hand was still on my neck but his thumb mimicking my own move on his arm. I relaxed to his soothing touch as he softly spoke,

"And now that you are here and married to me..."

He left his words hanging, obviously wanting my response. I turned my head around a bit so I could plant a kiss on the inside of his wrist and smiled at him with so much love that suddenly filled my heart,

"Now that I am here and married to you, all that I want is to please you. You are my husband and I will do my duty as your wife to meet your needs, and I... I want to be there for you regardless of our unique arrangement."

He took his hand off my neck and circled it around my waist, his face unreadable.

"Can I ask you something, Vidor?"

He slightly nodded.

"Why... Why did you agree to the arrangement? Why did you take Martinien's offer?"

He only looked at me with the same unreadable expression for what felt like forever. I was already mentally preparing for the worst for asking him the blunt question, but I had the right to know the truth behind this whole deal. Just when I thought he was about to refuse to answer he suddenly stood up and pulled me with him. He bent down with one knee on the floor, took my panties and attentively put them on me before tidying my skirt that it dropped down and covered my legs. Even when he was kneeling like this he was still tall, the top of his head leveled with my neck. He then put one arm behind my knees and swiftly stood up to carry me in his arms. I spontaneously wrapped my arms around his neck as I didn't expect his move. He murmured,

"We are to discuss this in the room. The library has too many ears."

I didn't get the chance to response as he stepped on the nook and nudged the window open with his foot. He then jumped out of the window and I thought we were going to fall before I realized that we were flying. My first flight! Although it was a rather short flight but I felt the thrill to be above the ground and to feel the sunlight and the wind on my face from such height. The swooshing sound that Vidor's wings made was so soothing and it would be forever engraved in my memory. I looked at the horizon and at the top of the forest trees and I felt free, relaxed, and safe at the same time. It was one of the very few experiences in my life that I would never trade with anything in the world.

Vidor gracefully landed on the balcony of our room and he walked in, still carrying me in his arms before carefully placing me on the low sofa. He sat next to me and turned his body around to me. He sat silently for a moment, studying my face before he finally spoke,

"I don't always explain myself to anyone but I believe you ought to know the truth. I don't lie and what I'm about to reveal might be too much for you to absorb, but I trust you will handle it well. After all you're the only one, the only human who swings sword at your guards for fun and teaches them fencing."

I smiled at his humored remark and waited for him to continue.

"3 months ago Martinien came here and spoke in front of the council and me about the unification of Tenebris and Lumien. He said that the time would come soon when the two kingdoms should be one and be the most powerful, unbeatable kingdom on earth. He went on talking about setting aside differences and living in harmony because Lumien was tired of the rivalry and only wanted peace. I knew he was up to something the moment he sent a messenger to my kingdom to deliver a message for a hearing request. And my suspicions were answered when he asked to speak to me in private after the council hearing."

He paused and I nodded at him, letting him know that I was listening although I had to clench my teeth in anger.3 months ago? So Martinien had been planning this for so long?

"Martinien didn't want to make an ally nor to unify Lumien with my kingdom. He wanted to give Lumien away to me.'A gift for the glorious, immortal king'as he put it. When I asked him what he wanted to get in return if I were to say yes to his secret plan, he said that he only wanted to be the internal affair minister. He thought he could trick me but I could see right through his, what he thought,elaborateplan. He wanted to take over my power by influencing the council so he could have the kingdom for himself. Removing your father from the throne was the easiest way to smooth his plan, and his offer to me to marry you was just a disguise so people would believe that it was for a good cause. Martinien is the best of the worst politicians I have ever encountered."

I slowly shook my head in disbelief, nauseated and disgusted of the truth. Bitterly, I asked him,

"Why did you agree? And what do you have to say about my father's death? I believe he never tried to provoke any fight between the two kingdoms,"

"Regarding your father, it is such a tragedy that he had to die that way but... Hmm I will not speak ill about a deceased person. Regardless of that I want you to know that every ruler, even the kindest one, has their own dark past. I am not one to tell you about what happened many decades ago. Time will answer that for you. And why I agreed to Martinien's shallow plan? I am not justifying myself but I am a king, Clara. I, too, want to expand my kingdom and I will do anything for it even if it means I have to crush and deceive others. This is the harsh reality you have to know, that when it comes to politics it's all about gaining power and wealth."

I choked and felt my eyes stung with the tears that weren't running.

"So this is all about your own motives. This... This marriage means nothing to you."

Lacing his fingers with mine he softly spoke,

"I must admit that in the beginning this was nothing. But now..."

He hesitated for a moment, clearly unused of expressing his feelings,

"Now it's different. Our marriage means something to me and so do you. I..."

He sighed and leaned down to place his forehead against mine. He whispered on my lips,

"You aren't like what I expected. I don't know what it is that I've begun to feel, I don't have a name for it, but I'm greatly moved by your affection for me and I want to do the same in return."

With my eyes closed, his forehead on mine and his lips on my lips, I prayed that this wasn't a dream.

"Vidor, I-"

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door and it opened. A guard came in and bowed,

"Forgive me my Lord but you are urgently expected in the council hall. It's the White Rabbit."

The guard disappeared as fast as he appeared. Surprised of the unexpected interruption and puzzled with the message I looked at Vidor who already stood up.

"White Rabbit?"

He leaned down to kiss me on my forehead. Pulling back, he caressed my head and said,

"Go get some rest."

He then walked out. I sat there for maybe a few hours, sorting out my thoughts and feelings. I wanted the truth and I got it but I wasn't sure if it was what I wanted to hear. My feelings mixed into one; anger, disgust, confusion and longing for my father and love for Vidor.

12