Lyin' Eyes Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She screeched some more things I couldn't understand even with the advantage of being able to watch her lips move. She stabbed at the "off" button and threw the cell phone at the bed. It bounced off and landed somewhere between the bed and the wall. She staggered over to the bed and motioned to Brian to get back in position. He did and his prick was soon sliding in and out of my wife's cunt.

********

Sunday morning, Carl and the crew dismantled the operation, packed up all the equipment, and shipped it home. Exhausted, they got on a plane and slept all the way home. We, literally, had more information in the form of videotape, pictures, phone transcripts, and financial analysis than my attorney could handle.

The sheer volume overwhelmed Pete for a time. He'd be filing the divorce proceedings just before noon on Monday. After that, he'd have six months, give or take, to go through the mass of material before the state would rubber stamp the obvious and give me my divorce.

One thing we could use immediately was the vivid video of my wife being fucked by a strange man while screaming curses directed me and our daughter after assuring me seconds before that she would never do such a thing. That had been obtained by video taping them through an open window. What a naked eye could observe could also be recorded for evidence.

To that we added footage from my home surveillance cameras showing a montage of incidents where Laura could be heard and seen doing something to show indifference to Alyssa's welfare. One example of that was the scene at the door the night Laura went out and Alyssa came running down the stairs to catch her. Other snippets showed Laura being short with the child for no reason and one showed her telling Alyssa she could get her own breakfast because she, Laura, didn't have time.

All of that was bundled together and put before a judge early Monday morning. She was moved to grant a temporary restraining order granting me full custodial privileges pending action by the family court system. Another one granted our request to keep Laura away from the child until a family court judge had time to review the case. There were several other motions that were granted almost without question. It's wonderful what a wealthy and influential man can get done in a short period. Actually, I was helping that man, my attorney, become even wealthier.

********

Monday morning was never a good time in the accounting firm. There were more than a few hard drinkers among the staff and, of those, some had begun partying Friday night and hadn't quit until Sunday evening. Most of the other personnel dawdled at their desks or visited with others around the coffee machine until the drinkers got themselves in hand.

When the big man dressed in a grey suit came in from the common area hallway just after the lunch hour, a few hopeful women marked his progress down the aisles but he seemed to have no interest. He kept glancing at a photograph in his right hand while looking every woman directly in the face. After a few moments' search, he found the woman he was looking for.

He planted himself in front of her as she spoke quietly to a tall, distinguished looking man in his early forties and a shorter, slighter man who was clinging close to the woman. She wasn't very happy about that and kept trying to slide away from him. Her eyes were dark and troubled. She was forcing herself to pay attention to what her supervisor was saying.

"Laura Archer?" The big man asked in a deep, rumbling voice. He'd come up behind the three without them noticing. The woman turned and nodded. She was not happy today. Something was haunting her and it showed on her face. She watched as the man took a thick envelope from his inside coat pocket.

"You, madam," he said in a booming voice, "are served." He paused for effect, making sure he had everyone's attention. He set his briefcase down on a convenient desk and began taking out legal documents printed on onionskin and backed with a thicker baby-blue sheet of paper.

"This," he told a stunned Laura, "is a copy of the petition for divorce filed this morning. It is Mr. Mark Archer's intent to divorce you at the earliest possible moment."

He handed her another set of papers.

"This, madam, is an order from the court that you not come within 1,000 feet of the residence formerly occupied by you and Mr. Archer." He dropped another set of documents into her hands.

"This is a temporary restraining order forbidding you to contact Mr. Archer's daughter, one Alyssa Reogh Archer, for any reason. You may not place a phone call, send an email, a letter, or any other manner attempt to speak to Miss Archer. Is that clear madam?" he asked. Laura nodded numbly. She didn't know what else to do. The look of horror on her face was plain to everyone. By now a large crowd was gathering and coming nearer.

"Mr. Archer," the big man continued, "wishes that you be informed all of your joint account credit cards were cancelled two hours ago. Your joint checking and savings accounts you held with your former husband have also been closed. This represents 50% of the total amount in the former joint accounts." He disdainfully held up a cashier's check by one corner, as if it were contaminated with some nasty substance, before adding it to the stack of paperwork in Laura Archer's hands.

"Mr. Archer further wishes me to inform you that all of your clothing and personal possessions are being packed at this moment and will be loaded into a truck now arriving at your former residence. All of your personal goods will be placed in storage and will be made available to you whenever and wherever you desire. You may communicate your wishes to Mr. Archer's attorney at the number shown on this card.

"You will not be allowed inside the residence you formerly shared with Mr. Archer for any reason and he wishes me to advise you the locks have all been replaced and the security codes changed in the residence's security system." The big man looked down at the now crying woman with no sign of pity. He looked around, spying the slender man trying to slip away without notice.

"MR. COLLIER," he boomed, "don't be in such a hurry." Taking another envelope from his briefcase, he slapped it into Brian Collier's unwilling palm. "You, sir, are served," remarked the big man.

"Congratulations," he said, "you are named as a correspondent in the matter of Archer versus Archer...and--"

He took another mass of stapled papers from the briefcase.

"You also are the respondent in a civil case filed this morning by Mr. Archer for willfully and maliciously interfering in the marriage between Mark Archer and Laura Archerin that you have been carrying on a slimy, ugly, sordid little affair with the former Mrs. Archer." Brian looked like he was about to faint and had to hold on to a desk to keep from falling. My attorney didn't think this

The big man looked around. Seeing Laura's supervisor, he made his way to him to serve him with notice of a suit also filed this morning demanding reimbursement to Mark Archer for failing to enforce the company's morality clauses with all the contracts for mid-level and above employees. A senior vice president, aware of the problem from the start was also served in the executive offices.

Watching from the back of the room, I felt almost nothing. I was cold, my face frozen into harsh, unforgiving planes. I stood silently near the doors through which the process server had entered. I'd paid him a healthy extra fee to give my wife the check and other stuff. It wasn't his job, strictly speaking.

I saw dawning realization of how thoroughly she'd screwed herself spread across Laura's pretty face. When she collapsed on the floor, I turned and left through the big doublewide doors.

12